The spiritual roots of Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I love to read - as a kid I used to set my alarm an hour before I had to get up so I could spend an hour in a book.

I remember reading Lord of the Rings propped up on a pillow and imagining what the eye of Sauron might look like, there being only a cartoon of the movie at the time.

Eye_of_sauron.jpg

There was nothing good about Sauron!

And then we have Harry Potter. Another great story teller and another mythology woven. This time the eye appears in a different context, with more shades of grey. Are the Deathly Hallows a good thing or a collection of man's aspirations to be more than he is?

_98524784_8da854f5-071b-438d-8888-28a5b23d1304.jpg

These two views have more to do with spirituality than I thought when I first read the books. Just wondering what other people make of them?

Unknown Warrior

Established
I love to read - as a kid I used to set my alarm an hour before I had to get up so I could spend an hour in a book.

I remember reading Lord of the Rings propped up on a pillow and imagining what the eye of Sauron might look like, there being only a cartoon of the movie at the time.

View attachment 6578

And then we have Harry Potter. Another great story teller and another mythology woven. This time the eye appears in a different context, with more shades of grey. Are the Deathly Hallows a good thing or a collection of man's aspirations to be more than he is?

View attachment 6579

These two views have more to do with spirituality than I thought when I first read the books. Just wondering what other people make of them?
I have only seen some of the movies and what I gather from them is a fantasy based ideology that is very well written and thought out by very intelligent authors and film makers. Behind the scenes, I believe that it is far more sinister than meets the eye. It is a way of indoctrinating people into occult and new age ideology and is targeted to children and young adults. It is just another way of making the occult and witchcraft seem to be a harmless fantasies and new age beliefs to be prevalent in the main stream of society. Along with the music and entertainment industry, people are no longer afraid to entertain the ideas of seeking knowledge from the spiritual realm and are more open to accept the new age philosophy. We are constantly led to believe that there are many paths to reach spiritual enlightenment and people who don't have a basic understanding of the word of God are far more likely to embrace the new age deceptions.

elsbet

Superstar
... This time the eye appears in a different context, with more shades of grey. Are the Deathly Hallows a good thing or a collection of man's aspirations to be more than he is?

View attachment 6579

I just responded to one of your other posts, prior to reading this one, and linked the symbol above-- it was unrelated to this thread but I'll repeat the sentiment-- it (really) is everywhere.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
What is Harry Potter really about?

"The aim of Harry Potter is to show how death can be vanquished; how an ordinary mortal human being can enter a process of transmutation and transfiguration that will alchemically transform him or her into an eternal, perfect child of God, filled with overwhelming compassion for suffering humanity.

All the characters are symbols or personifications of aspects of the process, symbolically called, "making the Philosopher's Stone". With this stone the alchemist can make gold, i.e. the Gold of the Spirit, and the Elixir of Life, i.e. eternal life.

It is the aim of this website to inform the world that the most popular book ever published tells the most beautiful story ever told: the return home of the Prodigal Son to the arms of the Father. We hope you enjoy your visit to our site and that we have succeeded in showing the depth and intensity of the spiritual power emanating from Harry Potter."

Harry Potter and Alchemy

Harry Potter is full of rich alchemical symbolism. For example the stone mentioned in the title of Part 1, The Philosopher's Stone is a very ancient alchemical symbol. Nicholas Flamel was a real person living in France in the 14th century, and is said to have made the Philosopher's Stone. The name of another historical alchemist, John Dee, is hidden in the text of Part 5 (Hagrid goes to Dee John = Dijon in France). But one of the greatest indications that Harry Potter is an alchemical story is its similarities to a book published in 1616: The Chymical Wedding of Christian Rosycross... "

http://www.harrypotterforseekers.com

As in - Rosicrucianism (not just a book for kids then ;-)

Should carry a spiritual health warning!

the-crux-of-rosicrucianism.png

Golden Age

Established
@Red Sky at Morning: "Interesting connections...
Just in case you are in doubt, my awareness of Rosicrucianism doesn't lead me into agreement. I read their new "manifesto" and it looked like the blueprint for the one world religion of the Antichrist!"

The Rosucrucian manifesto you refer to is the subject of much scholarly work, at the moment. One thing is, already, clear: the hermetic principles embodied in the manifesto have been the guiding [invisible hand] in the development of Western Civilisation for several hundred years. America's founding fathers [especially Thomas Jefferson] were devotees of Sir Francis Bacon. Bacon was a prominent member of the Court of Elizabeth I, alongside John Dee.
Dee had the most extensive library in England, at that time. Tracts of science, philosophy, hermeticism and alchemy in Dee's library provided the source material for the ideas that Bacon would devise, later. His 'New Atlantis' was the blueprint for the American colonies and the later American Republic. Jefferson had a copy of that tract and other works by Bacon and considered him the equivalent of a patron saint.

Through Bacon, John Dee influenced the development of the United States of America. So the forces that you regard as being those of the "Antichrist" have been firmly entrenched in the culture and political thoughts of the West for a long time. It is, somewhat, late in the day to protest now!?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Red Sky at Morning: "Interesting connections...
Just in case you are in doubt, my awareness of Rosicrucianism doesn't lead me into agreement. I read their new "manifesto" and it looked like the blueprint for the one world religion of the Antichrist!"

The Rosucrucian manifesto you refer to is the subject of much scholarly work, at the moment. One thing is, already, clear: the hermetic principles embodied in the manifesto have been the guiding [invisible hand] in the development of Western Civilisation for several hundred years. America's founding fathers [especially Thomas Jefferson] were devotees of Sir Francis Bacon. Bacon was a prominent member of the Court of Elizabeth I, alongside John Dee.
Dee had the most extensive library in England, at that time. Tracts of science, philosophy, hermeticism and alchemy in Dee's library provided the source material for the ideas that Bacon would devise, later. His 'New Atlantis' was the blueprint for the American colonies and the later American Republic. Jefferson had a copy of that tract and other works by Bacon and considered him the equivalent of a patron saint.

Through Bacon, John Dee influenced the development of the United States of America. So the forces that you regard as being those of the "Antichrist" have been firmly entrenched in the culture and political thoughts of the West for a long time. It is, somewhat, late in the day to protest now!?
Your research is faultless and corroborated by my own.

As to the lateness of the protest, I can have no confidence that the world as a whole will see the snare set before it is too late, I also agree on the mixed spiritual seed that founded America - but individually, each day we have a choice to accept the message of the "old knowledge", or go with the Lamb that was slain from the foundation of the world.

Karlysymon

Superstar

View attachment 6578

View attachment 6579

Was huge LOTR fan, read some of the books. But....."Blavatsky also wrote of the importance of ancient alphabets, particularly what are referred to as Runes, identified by her as having supreme occult significance."

As for Harry Potter, only watched the first two films, the rest I thought were abit dark. I don't believe JK Rowling's "down on my luck" story. Either someone wrote those books and she merely became the face or she is a practitioner of the Craft.
Way to stir interest in young minds of the occult, at the turn of the century. Incidentally, what the elite want.
Could this be one of the reasons for Wicca being the 2nd fastest growing religion in the West?

Helioform

Star
Tolkien was a fervant Catholic and this influenced greatly the many spiritual aspects of LOTR.

Sauron is evidently the Devil, who in the story was also a kind of Fallen Angel who took many forms.

Gollum represents maybe all the evil aspects of all the creatures of Middle Earth, and ends up in the Cracks of Doom, which in the Bible is referred to as the Lake of Fire.

But his legacy lived on to influence what is now known as Role Playing Games, which I like a lot. Dungeon and Dragons was essentially a LOTR spiritual descendant. Funny though that many Christians view D&D as a Satanic plot to invade the minds of children and also adults.

Harry Potter is very anti-Christian imo as it promotes Witchcraft and this is forbidden in the Bible.

Vytas

Star
Sauron as eye itself without physical body watching over everything sure is familiar concept :) Loved LOTR books , i think read them three times, just couldn't get enough. Movies were not bad too, but Hobbit movie took a step back, first part was okish, and second part was dark and depressing and reminded me Harry Potter because of it. I remember being very surprised after first part of Harry Potter got super awesome reviews everywhere and i didn't find that movie interesting at all. Never finished the series...Also if i remember correctly Rouling claimed she channeled story while sitting in coffee shop or something like that, din't checked if it was true, but that would explain a thing or two...

Karlysymon

Superstar
Also if i remember correctly Rouling claimed she channeled story while sitting in coffee shop or something like that, din't checked if it was true, but that would explain a thing or two...
Yeah, that's the story but I believe there's more to it than she let's on. Either she practices witchcraft, or consulted with a practitioner to get some things correct or she didn't write the books herself.

Vytas

Star
Yeah, that's the story but I believe there's more to it than she let's on. Either she practices witchcraft, or consulted with a practitioner to get some things correct or she didn't write the books herself.
I would say witchcraft because it's recurring pattern, many singers claim to channel or dream their songs, like yeah thats completely natural, nothing can be wrong with that :)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I would say witchcraft because it's recurring pattern, many singers claim to channel or dream their songs, like yeah thats completely natural, nothing can be wrong with that :)
As in:

"Gaga shared her process for writing this equality anthem in an interview with Vogue. "I wrote ['Born This Way'] in 10 f---ing minutes," she explained. "And it is a completely magical message song. And after I wrote it, the gates just opened, and the songs kept coming. It was like an immaculate conception."

Karlysymon

Superstar
There are claims that Bob Dylan didn't write the songs he claimed to have written. So is it not possible to expect the same of JK Rowling. And even if she did write the books, it's clear she had 'extra' support to make it big.

Pretty sure Rowling had a mission, her books are chockfull of deep occult messages clothed in innocence. There is a wealth of knowledge of alchemy, mythology, herbology and astrology in there. I know a thing or two about those subjects, and it overflows with it to the point that you can actually learn about those subjects by reading those books. Rowling has to be a Witch or other form of pagan.

As for the Lord of the Rings, much of it is a spin on old legends but it does promote " good " magic as a solution for " bad " magic. As Muslims we know all magic is bad, so LOTR still comes from the same source.

It's better to stay away from those subjects unless you wish to expose the works of darkness.

rainerann

Star
Was huge LOTR fan, read some of the books. But....."Blavatsky also wrote of the importance of ancient alphabets, particularly what are referred to as Runes, identified by her as having supreme occult significance."

As for Harry Potter, only watched the first two films, the rest I thought were abit dark. I don't believe JK Rowling's "down on my luck" story. Either someone wrote those books and she merely became the face or she is a practitioner of the Craft.
Way to stir interest in young minds of the occult, at the turn of the century. Incidentally, what the elite want.
Could this be one of the reasons for Wicca being the 2nd fastest growing religion in the West?
I think the same thing about the Harry Potter series. JK Rowling's story doesn't check out for me either. I feel the same way about the author of The Hunger Games who was actually a former writer for a Nickelodeon show called "Clarissa Explains It All." It is no coincidences that these books get published and then picked up by Hollywood.