The Shape of Water

vigilante71

Established
Hi, I'm new here. I mean it's almost six years that I've been reading VC posts but I only registered on the forum today. I just finished watching The Shape of Water & I've been wondering if the vigilant citizen or people here have an opinion about that movie. Actually, I found the plot a little bit weird, it is implying a human's relationship with some strange creature and this reminded me of so many other examples we all have watched in different movies and serials, like The vampire diaries, supernatural, Lucifer and a lot of others that I can't remember at this moment. I think a lot of us people who read VC posts have already accepted, or better said realized, that The Media these days are trying to guide our minds to some weird and sick stuff. Some might say the movie was just a sweet strange romance, but I think it's more than that. I think they are actually trying to familiarize us with a weird and sick concept: a relationship or love between humans and other creatures and they are trying to make us accept that kind of relationship and even see it beautiful. I just can't help it. I find it sick. There's nothing wrong if we want to communicate with animals and creatures even beyond our planet. But I don't think it's about that. It's about us getting closer to weird creatures like demons and stuff. We don's see them as bad guys anymore because we're seeing them everywhere (in movies, books and etc.)! It actually reminds me of hybrid creatures like Nephilim and us getting closer to Satan and trying to worship them. The poem that we hear at the end of the movie confirms this:
"Unable to perceive the shape of You, I find You all around me.
Your presence fills my eyes with Your love,
It humbles my heart, For You are everywhere"
This is a poem written by Sanai Ghaznavi, a Persian poet who was also a Muslim. And it certainly is about God. I don't know if I had explained my point clearly but I tried my best, and sorry for errors if you find them, I'm not a native English speaker. I just wanted to share my thoughts and see what you guys here think about it.
Thanks for reading this. And If you have watched the movie, please tell what you think.

Just because there's a conspiracy doesn't mean that everything is part of the conspiracy. Paranormal romance is simply an extension or combination of two other much older tropes in the genre; forbidden love or a good girl converting a bad boy through love.

If there were really sapient, free-willed non-human creatures why would a relationship between then an a human be forbidden or sinful? Wouldn't they all be part of God's creation?

Violette

Star
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I’ve had the same suspicions. I’ve noticed a lot of shows and movies with nonhumans having sex or falling in love with people and it’s really strange. Also, half human creatures have been depicted for a long time. Bojack horseman, beauty and the beast, avatar, the little mermaid, and the Egyptian gods are a few examples.

Maes17

Superstar
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I’ve had the same suspicions. I’ve noticed a lot of shows and movies with nonhumans having sex or falling in love with people and it’s really strange. Also, half human creatures have been depicted for a long time. Bojack horseman, beauty and the beast, avatar, the little mermaid, and the Egyptian gods are a few examples.
Oooh....ewww!
What?!!!

Unknown Warrior

Established
I am relatively new to this forum and I am trying to connect with other people who have experienced the same kind of revelations that I have. I haven't seen the movie that you are talking about, but I have heard that the Illuminati, or new world order, has been trying to saturate the media with new age ideas and mystical beings, as well as, occult symbols in order to make people accept that it is normal. There is no shock value even when it comes to the number of the beast. If people only knew the depths of evil behind the occult symbols and imagery, they would be repulsed instead of openly accepting them. I am only saying this because I was exposed to the presence of evil and it was like being at a crossroads. I chose to follow God and I have noticed that over the years the new age philosophy has been disguised, as a search for world peace and tolerance, when behind the scenes it is pure evil.

elsbet

Superstar
Just because there's a conspiracy doesn't mean that everything is part of the conspiracy. Paranormal romance is simply an extension or combination of two other much older tropes in the genre; forbidden love or a good girl converting a bad boy through love.

If there were really sapient, free-willed non-human creatures why would a relationship between then an a human be forbidden or sinful? Wouldn't they all be part of God's creation?
Between humans and demons? Really?

Between humans and demons? Really?
In the context of a story, sure. Maybe in your setting, demons are just the beings of a different dimension, inclined to evil because they are born into an existence where evil rules, but can ultimately chose between good and evil. Stories aren't real life and while people can argue that they can influence people, I'd imagine most people can actually tell the difference between fantasy and reality.

I mean, is it something I think people should try to do in real life? No. But in the romance genre, there's hell (no pun intended) of a lot of things that are problematic in real life. Hell, even non-romance stories often have love interests that are portrayed as sexy or funny in universe, but in real life would be awful... So, yeah.

Stories are stories. Real life is real life. The two aren't connected... And if you can't tell the difference, you've got bigger problems than wanting to bugger the Devil.

vigilante71

Established

First of all thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have to say that I see your point. And I find a lot of stuff mentioned about conspiracy theories exaggerated and ridiculous. I'm not saying paranormal ideas are wrong or sinful. Actually I am a fan of that genre, and I like out of the box ideas. But I can't help seeing a pattern. Well, in this particular case maybe the fish-like creature is not a bad guy. But there are a lot of other demonic characters around us that the books and movies and TV series are trying to say:"Maybe these are not bad guys after all". I know it could be a matter of fantasy but I think that's not all. Every day new bad creatures are washed clean in front of us, and we feel sympathy for them. When I was a teenager I read those paranormal books and watch those movies and I was like "Wow, where the hell they get this image from? The writer is so creative and all." and I was totally amazed. But now I'm thinking Hollywood and other media are trying to guide the way we think. For example, this particular love story thing with a weird non-human creature is repeated over and over in different shapes, and in most cases, they refer to that creature as "god". and they always have superpowers. It reminds me of Katy Perry's ET song and music video and how in all these romances, the focus is on love and sexual desires for that creature and the human surrenders all for that character. I know love is a kind of surrender itself but why with another weird creature? Fantasy is kind of nice but why is this repeated over and over? Like this kind of love has to be replaced with the place of God in our lives or at least that God's place is not that important after all. And I find that wrong.

vigilante71

Established
Well, thank you for replying. I think you got my point clearly. :)

elsbet

Superstar
@Corvus Metus

I was responding to this part of your post:

If there were really sapient, free-willed non-human creatures why would a relationship between then an a human be forbidden or sinful? Wouldn't they all be part of God's creation
?

That would be a resounding No.

Idk anything about your personal beliefs so it is difficult to continue from here-- I don't know where you're coming from. But the fact that these *extradimensional* beings cannot just pick up a phone to communicate with us ought to speak for itself.

mecca

Superstar
Idk anything about your personal beliefs so it is difficult to continue from here-- I don't know where you're coming from. But the fact that these *extradimensional* beings cannot just pick up a phone to communicate with us ought to speak for itself.
But what about aliens, which are biological/physical animals from other planets? What if there was an alien that was of comparable intelligence to humans and we came into contact with them, would that human-alien relationship be wrong?

elsbet

Superstar
But what about aliens, which are biological/physical animals from other planets?
I don't believe such a thing exists tbh.

What if there was an alien that was of comparable intelligence to humans and we came into contact with them, would that human-alien relationship be wrong?
Morally?

Hypothetically.. and assuming for the sake of argument that we knew for a FACT that it was your biological alien-- I don't see how a platonic relationship would be morally wrong. I doubt anything beyond that would be possible anyway.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
It is very clear society is being bathed in the concepts of evolution, alien life, transhumanism, the desire to reach beyond the veil, the promise of augmented humanity, the possibility of the technological singularity and the transcendence of biological life itself.

C.S Lewis envisioned this apocalyptic vision back in the 1940s in "That Hideous Strength", which is well worth a read. I don't think I'm the only one to believe we are on the verge of the Great Deception prophecies in the Bible, and my heart goes out to those who will reject the truth and believe the lie...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
^^

I had watched the video above about half way and thought to myself "this is really relevant - might just share it..."

Then I watched the second half and wanted to take notes!!! If you have ever wanted to hear a well thought out Biblical response to the "alien phenomenon", this is worth your time!!!

colson

Rookie
Hi, I'm new here. I mean it's almost six years that I've been reading VC posts but I only registered on the forum today. I just finished watching The Shape of Water & I've been wondering if the vigilant citizen or people here have an opinion about that movie. Actually, I found the plot a little bit weird, it is implying a human's relationship with some strange creature and this reminded me of so many other examples we all have watched in different movies and serials, like The vampire diaries, supernatural, Lucifer and a lot of others that I can't remember at this moment. I think a lot of us people who read VC posts have already accepted, or better said realized, that The Media these days are trying to guide our minds to some weird and sick stuff. Some might say the movie was just a sweet strange romance, but I think it's more than that. I think they are actually trying to familiarize us with a weird and sick concept: a relationship or love between humans and other creatures and they are trying to make us accept that kind of relationship and even see it beautiful. I just can't help it. I find it sick. There's nothing wrong if we want to communicate with animals and creatures even beyond our planet. But I don't think it's about that. It's about us getting closer to weird creatures like demons and stuff. We don's see them as bad guys anymore because we're seeing them everywhere (in movies, books and etc.)! It actually reminds me of hybrid creatures like Nephilim and us getting closer to Satan and trying to worship them. The poem that we hear at the end of the movie confirms this:
"Unable to perceive the shape of You, I find You all around me.
Your presence fills my eyes with Your love,
It humbles my heart, For You are everywhere"
This is a poem written by Sanai Ghaznavi, a Persian poet who was also a Muslim. And it certainly is about God. I don't know if I had explained my point clearly but I tried my best, and sorry for errors if you find them, I'm not a native English speaker. I just wanted to share my thoughts and see what you guys here think about it.
Thanks for reading this. And If you have watched the movie, please tell what you think.
I haven't seen the movie, but the occult reference point for it is the story of the quinotar, a mythical sea beast that is an ancestor of the Merovingians (as the story goes).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merovingian_dynasty
The Merovingian dynasty owes its name to the semi-legendary Merovech (Latinised as Meroveus or Merovius and in French as Merovée), leader of the Salian Franks. The victories of his son Childeric I (reigned c. 457 – 481) against the Visigoths, Saxons, and Alemanni established the basis of Merovingian land.[citation needed] Childeric's son Clovis I (481–511) went on to unite most of Gaul north of the Loire under his control around 486, when he defeated Syagrius, the Roman ruler in those parts. He won the Battle of Tolbiac against the Alemanni in 496, at which time, according to Gregory of Tours, Clovis adopted his wife Clotilda's Orthodox (i.e. Nicene) Christian faith. He subsequently went on to decisively defeat the Visigothic kingdom of Toulouse in the Battle of Vouillé in 507. After Clovis's death, his kingdom was partitioned among his four sons. This tradition of partition continued over the next century. Even when several Merovingian kings simultaneously ruled their own realms, the kingdom—not unlike the late Roman Empire—was conceived of as a single entity ruled collectively by these several kings (in their own realms) among whom a turn of events could result in the reunification of the whole kingdom under a single ruler. Leadership among the early Merovingians was probably based on mythical descent (reflected in Fredegar's account of the Quinotaur) and alleged divine patronage, expressed in terms of continued military success.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinotaur Basically the 'creature from the black lagoon' is said to be an ancestor of the Merovingian bloodline (which may be part of the 'Illuminati').

Also, the 'mer' means 'sea', as in the biblical 'beast from the sea'.

elsbet

Superstar
^^

I had watched the video above about half way and thought to myself "this is really relevant - might just share it..."

Then I watched the second half and wanted to take notes!!! If you have ever wanted to hear a well thought out Biblical response to the "alien phenomenon", this is worth your time!!!
Hm.. will have a look. I've listened to the young guy on the left before and he's pretty perceptive. I'm getting weary of YouTube kicking back the same old thing :rolleyes: Soo... thanks!

First of all thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have to say that I see your point. And I find a lot of stuff mentioned about conspiracy theories exaggerated and ridiculous. I'm not saying paranormal ideas are wrong or sinful. Actually I am a fan of that genre, and I like out of the box ideas. But I can't help seeing a pattern. Well, in this particular case maybe the fish-like creature is not a bad guy. But there are a lot of other demonic characters around us that the books and movies and TV series are trying to say:"Maybe these are not bad guys after all". I know it could be a matter of fantasy but I think that's not all. Every day new bad creatures are washed clean in front of us, and we feel sympathy for them. When I was a teenager I read those paranormal books and watch those movies and I was like "Wow, where the hell they get this image from? The writer is so creative and all." and I was totally amazed. But now I'm thinking Hollywood and other media are trying to guide the way we think. For example, this particular love story thing with a weird non-human creature is repeated over and over in different shapes, and in most cases, they refer to that creature as "god". and they always have superpowers. It reminds me of Katy Perry's ET song and music video and how in all these romances, the focus is on love and sexual desires for that creature and the human surrenders all for that character. I know love is a kind of surrender itself but why with another weird creature? Fantasy is kind of nice but why is this arepeated over and over? Like this kind of love has to be replaced with the place of God in our lives or at least that God's place is not that important after all. And I find that wrong.
The way I see it, submitting to a physically monstrous character is no different than submitting to an emotionally monstrous one. The romance genre is filled with stories of women chasing after abusive love interests. At least in many of the crappy paranormal romance stories, whatever sort of fantastic character the heroine ends up shagging is usually kind.

Part of the problem lies in the fact that in movies and television, since they are created with mass market appeal, you need to end up making characters more likable. The Lucifer television series is an example. In the comic book the series is very, very loosely based on the titular character is a lot more of an asshole... But I think that has less to do with any sort of insidious plot and more to do with the fact that the average person really doesn't want to see complex characterization. They want clear cut good guys and bad guys. Hell, even in stories that claim to be morally ambiguous, the villain usually ends up being over-the-top evil mainstream audiences usually don't like not knowing who to root for. For most people, entertainment is something where they shut their minds off and don't like to think to much.

As for previously evil creatures being washed up, it's because people like the bad boy... And what's more bad than a vampire, werewolf, or some other creature that goes bump in the night. It's repeated, over and over, because it sells. Eventually, it'll stop selling. And then they'll move on to something else... Usually, more extreme, until people get tired of the extreme and things flip back around.

I don't think that a love story between a fish-man and a woman has anything to do with God, one way or another, either.

@Corvus Metus

I was responding to this part of your post:

That would be a resounding No.

You're talking about real life, then?

Well, no. I don't believe that humans and demons, if they exist, wouldn't be acceptable. Since you know, at least according to religions, demons are creatures of genuine evil without any morality. I'm not even sure if I could consider them free-willed, as much as a spiritual "artificial intelligence" for a lack of a better term.

My post has nothing to do with real life, though. It's about fiction. In general, as an author myself, I find myself very frustrated with modern conspiracy theorists thinking that everything is part of some satanic conspiracy and that even stories people tell have some sort of insidious ploy.

Haich

Superstar
But what about aliens, which are biological/physical animals from other planets? What if there was an alien that was of comparable intelligence to humans and we came into contact with them, would that human-alien relationship be wrong?
Yes, how could you think it would be right?