The Royal Family and Brexit

justjess

Superstar
I never said that about Megan. I said she wasn't suited to being in the royal family because she didn't want to play the part she was assigned.
Or at least that's what I meant.
And its only my opinion. I don't know her or anything.
I know you didn’t. Sorry if my post was confusing.

Thunderian

Superstar
Would you go straight to William?
Or get rid of them altogether?
Straight to William. I like the royals, but I don't like Charles.

Full disclosure: I cheered the Queen and Prince Phillip when they came to Canada in the 80's, and I saw (but didn't cheer) Charles, William and Harry when they came to Vancouver in about '99 or so.

Lisa

Superstar
I never said that about Megan. I said she wasn't suited to being in the royal family because she didn't want to play the part she was assigned.
Or at least that's what I meant.
And its only my opinion. I don't know her or anything.
That comment was meant for me.

Lisa

Superstar
So Diana was a good person with stars in her eyes who couldn’t handle the pressure.. ?

But Megan is a money hungry fame whore trying to undo the royal family?

Interesting..
That can’t be the truth?

Thunderian

Superstar
For what it’s worth, my wife, who watches European royals, considers the British royal family to be beneath paying attention to, and that this whole mess just proves what trash they really are. :p

Lisa

Superstar
Harry Markle breaks down the tit for tat..I’ve only provided a snippet..read more at the link. One really has to wonder though...is Harry really part of this, just supporting his wife..or is there something else going on?

The Thinly Disguised ‘Sussex’ Tantrum And Retaliation Statement
After the Sandringham Summit in January, the fate of the ‘Sussex Royal brand’ was finally laid to rest when the Daily Mail, on the evening of Tuesday 18 February, 2020, ran a story claiming that the Sussex duo had been banned from using the term ‘Sussex Royal’ in any of their endeavours. Most of the headlines the next day discussed what it really meant––would the Instagram account have to change the username, but what about the website, the trademarks applied for, the company and charity names, and the name of the foundation? The duo had obviously not asked permission beforehand, and while the laws and rules (which Harry would have been aware of) state clearly that the use of the sensitive word ‘royal’ cannot be used in a business or company without permission, they seem to have arrogantly assumed they would get permission in retrospect. Life doesn’t work like that as they have found out, because you ask permission before you act.

Cintra

Star
The queen said no.

And for all the complaining, it was no.

Don't mess with Mom.

Cintra

Star
Somehow...I don’t think this chess game is done yet...
In what way do you think it will continue?

A bit more complaining to be done?
A whine and a moan?

Or do you think they will take the crown to court?
Which would be ironic.

Cintra

Star
Perhaps a court would insist on dna tests, just to check that Harry is royal...

Lisa

Superstar
In what way do you think it will continue?

A bit more complaining to be done?
A whine and a moan?

Or do you think they will take the crown to court?
Which would be ironic.
You would think that once the queen put her foot down..that would have been it..but no..there are stories about how Meghan doesn’t have to do what the queen says..just like she was always pushing things when she was carrying out her royal appointments..not doing things according to royal tradition..the worst seems to be butting ahead of Harry, the prince and greeting people then introducing her husband like he’s the plus one of the duo.

I think she’s an unhappy person all around and she’s got Harry on her side, however she’s done it and now has his son to bargain with. She wasn’t in this for Harry but herself and she won’t be happy unless she gets what she wants and that is to be rich using the royals and not be beholden to them. That is her end game.

Idk, but she is taking them to the court of public opinion..only she doesn’t understand..or she’s trying to overlook that people just don’t like her..and I would say that’s tainted Harry who’d married her. She is unlikeable.

Lisa

Superstar
Perhaps a court would insist on dna tests, just to check that Harry is royal...
I know that there are rumors that Harry isn’t Charles but he’s always looked like Charles to me with those close set eyes. When they put a picture up of Charles with a beard..he and Harry look alike.
1582481580918.jpeg

Cintra

Star
You would think that once the queen put her foot down..that would have been it..but no..there are stories about how Meghan doesn’t have to do what the queen says..just like she was always pushing things when she was carrying out her royal appointments..not doing things according to royal tradition..the worst seems to be butting ahead of Harry, the prince and greeting people then introducing her husband like he’s the plus one of the duo.

I think she’s an unhappy person all around and she’s got Harry on her side, however she’s done it and now has his son to bargain with. She wasn’t in this for Harry but herself and she won’t be happy unless she gets what she wants and that is to be rich using the royals and not be beholden to them. That is her end game.

Idk, but she is taking them to the court of public opinion..only she doesn’t understand..or she’s trying to overlook that people just don’t like her..and I would say that’s tainted Harry who’d married her. She is unlikeable.
So what do you think she will do?
Apart from moan on the internet and talk shows until everyone is sick of it?

Lisa

Superstar
So what do you think she will do?
Apart from moan on the internet and talk shows until everyone is sick of it?

I don’t really know honestly..every time I think Megs is taken care of here comes a new article about her...lol!

I think I read that Wallis was ok just being a mistress and didn’t want her King to abdicate..which kinda makes sense since she would have been the mistress to a King. But Megs is acting like she also hooked a king instead of the second son and she seems to have it in for all the royals by showing up ‘pregnant’ and Eugenie’s wedding and always trying to outdo the Cambridge’s especially Catherine. She is trouble and there is no easy way to get rid of trouble.

Cintra

Star
Wallis Simpson was always pissed about the HRH that she wasn't entitled to.
She made her hangers on use it anyway, which is a bit sad.

As for one more article?
There are a thousand more articles.
There will be films and mini series, books and loads of stuff till everyone gets bored and goes back to the Tudors for one more remake.

None of it means anything.

They can either test this in court, or whine forever about how it wasn't fair, or shut up and get on with their lives.

The queen said no.
They caved.

Lisa

Superstar
Wallis Simpson was always pissed about the HRH that she wasn't entitled to.
She made her hangers on use it anyway, which is a bit sad.

As for one more article?
There are a thousand more articles.
There will be films and mini series, books and loads of stuff till everyone gets bored and goes back to the Tudors for one more remake.

None of it means anything.

They can either test this in court, or whine forever about how it wasn't fair, or shut up and get on with their lives.

The queen said no.
They caved.
Maybe so..I was never interested in Wallis.

For all the queen’s supposed power..it seems that William is the only one that got it right with the woman he married. Edward also seems to have made a good choice now..though I think there was some gossip in the beginning about Sophie, but she seems to have settled in and tows the line and they aren’t divorced. I think Charles could have had a good wife..if he could have given up Camilla..but that’s speculation...it seems to be hard to be married to a royal.

Cintra

Star
Maybe so..I was never interested in Wallis.

For all the queen’s supposed power..it seems that William is the only one that got it right with the woman he married. Edward also seems to have made a good choice now..though I think there was some gossip in the beginning about Sophie, but she seems to have settled in and tows the line and they aren’t divorced. I think Charles could have had a good wife..if he could have given up Camilla..but that’s speculation...it seems to be hard to be married to a royal.
For all the queen's supposed power?
The queen has no power.

She is a figurehead for something else. Something that is extremely rich and extremely powerful, and very, very ancient.