The Return of Jesus the Messiah!

I don't even know what you are talking about, I just mentioned that the way tokiel goes on and on about "God's love" is starting to sound less like a religious person talking about his religion and more like schizophrenic's ramblings. Its getting creepy and its reminding me of Lisa. Nothing about you "irritating" us, just some needing therapy.
You ever watch the south park episode where cartman makes a Christian rock band?
If not you have to watch it.

Imagine a Catholic, yes-- Jesus on a stick-- a graven image of the moment Satan thought he was triumphant. Of course, he wasn't. Not that you could tell from the preceding exchange, but anyway... carry on.
This doesn't make any sense.

elsbet

Superstar
I don't even know what you are talking about, I just mentioned that the way tokiel goes on and on about "God's love" is starting to sound less like a religious person talking about his religion and more like schizophrenic's ramblings. Its getting creepy and its reminding me of Lisa. Nothing about you "irritating" us, just some needing therapy.
You always sound irritated and angry.

The Zone

Star
You’re right, you don’t know who I am, neither do you want to. Fuck religion. ALL religion.
Everybody knows who you are within minutes of your arrival. You want to puff up and act like some badass demoness but it is all an illusion in your mind. So, are you going to huff and puff and blow my house down?

elsbet

Superstar
This doesn't make any sense.
Maybe not to you... but I probably should not expect that you would make sense of it.

This--

When Jesus was crucified, Satan thought he had 'won.' That is, until the veil separating the Holy of Holies was torn from top to bottom, and the earth did quake, and the rocks were rent, and the tombs were opened, etc. etc. And He rose from the dead.

So it stands to reason that the graphic crucifixion images and statuary are prevalent in the Catholic church, if for no other reason than to commemorate that part of the event. It is disrespectful because Jesus triumphed over the cross, and He is risen-- meaning, He is Alive-- yet they still drag the image of a dead man around, and continue to keep Him on display in that state. Its gruesome, imo. Regarding the preceding exchange, it was catty.

LINK
Satan would never have expected that God would go to such great lengths to love humans. Satan is a self-seeker. He is out for his own glory, and so, he expects everyone else to be also. He would have never expected God to glorify himself by hanging naked and bloody from a Cross (Jn. 17:1). This is antithetical to everything that Satan believes in, and it would have blindsided him to even consider. As C.S. Lewis’ fictional demonic character Screwtape writes to his fellow demon:

I slipped by mere carelessness into saying that the Enemy really loves the humans. That, of course, is an impossibility. He is one being, they are distinct from Him. Their good cannot be His. All His talk about Love must be a disguise for something else—He must have some real motive for creating them and taking so much trouble about them. The reason one comes to talk as if He really had this impossible Love is our utter failure to out that real motive. What does He stand to make out of them? That is the insoluble question. I do not see that it can do any harm to tell you that this very problem was a chief cause of Our Father’s quarrel with the Enemy. When the creation of man was first mooted and when, even at that stage, the Enemy freely confessed that he foresaw a certain episode about a cross, Our Father very naturally sought an interview and asked for an explanation. The Enemy gave no reply except to produce the cock-and-bull story about disinterested love which He has been circulating ever since. This Our Father naturally could not accept. He implored the Enemy to lay His cards on the table, and gave Him every opportunity. He admitted that he felt a real anxiety to know the secret; the Enemy replied “I wish with all my heart that you did”. It was, I imagine, at this stage in the interview that Our Father’s disgust at such an unprovoked lack of confidence caused him to remove himself an infinite distance from the Presence with a suddenness which has given rise to the ridiculous enemy story that he was forcibly thrown out of Heaven. Since then, we have begun to see why our Oppressor was so secretive. His throne depends on the secret. Members of His faction have frequently admitted that if ever we came to understand what He means by Love, the war would be over and we should reenter Heaven. And there lies the great task. We know that He cannot really love: nobody can: it doesn’t make sense. If we could only find out what He is really up to! Hypothesis after hypothesis has been tried, and still we can’t find out. Yet we must never lose hope; more and more complicated theories, fuller and fuller collections of data, richer rewards for researchers who make progress, more and more terrible punishments for those who fail—all this, pursued and accelerated to the very end of time, cannot, surely, fail to succeed.[4]

:)

Maybe not to you... but I probably should not expect that you would make sense of it.

This--

When Jesus was crucified, Satan thought he had 'won.' That is, until the veil separating the Holy of Holies was torn from top to bottom, and the earth did quake, and the rocks were rent, and the tombs were opened, etc. etc. And He rose from the dead.

So it stands to reason that the graphic crucifixion images and statuary are prevalent in the Catholic church, if for no other reason than to commemorate that part of the event. It is disrespectful because Jesus triumphed over the cross, and He is risen-- meaning, He is Alive-- yet they still drag the image of a dead man around, and continue to keep Him on display in that state. Its gruesome, imo. Regarding the preceding exchange, it was catty.

LINK
Satan would never have expected that God would go to such great lengths to love humans. Satan is a self-seeker. He is out for his own glory, and so, he expects everyone else to be also. He would have never expected God to glorify himself by hanging naked and bloody from a Cross (Jn. 17:1). This is antithetical to everything that Satan believes in, and it would have blindsided him to even consider. As C.S. Lewis’ fictional demonic character Screwtape writes to his fellow demon:

I slipped by mere carelessness into saying that the Enemy really loves the humans. That, of course, is an impossibility. He is one being, they are distinct from Him. Their good cannot be His. All His talk about Love must be a disguise for something else—He must have some real motive for creating them and taking so much trouble about them. The reason one comes to talk as if He really had this impossible Love is our utter failure to out that real motive. What does He stand to make out of them? That is the insoluble question. I do not see that it can do any harm to tell you that this very problem was a chief cause of Our Father’s quarrel with the Enemy. When the creation of man was first mooted and when, even at that stage, the Enemy freely confessed that he foresaw a certain episode about a cross, Our Father very naturally sought an interview and asked for an explanation. The Enemy gave no reply except to produce the cock-and-bull story about disinterested love which He has been circulating ever since. This Our Father naturally could not accept. He implored the Enemy to lay His cards on the table, and gave Him every opportunity. He admitted that he felt a real anxiety to know the secret; the Enemy replied “I wish with all my heart that you did”. It was, I imagine, at this stage in the interview that Our Father’s disgust at such an unprovoked lack of confidence caused him to remove himself an infinite distance from the Presence with a suddenness which has given rise to the ridiculous enemy story that he was forcibly thrown out of Heaven. Since then, we have begun to see why our Oppressor was so secretive. His throne depends on the secret. Members of His faction have frequently admitted that if ever we came to understand what He means by Love, the war would be over and we should reenter Heaven. And there lies the great task. We know that He cannot really love: nobody can: it doesn’t make sense. If we could only find out what He is really up to! Hypothesis after hypothesis has been tried, and still we can’t find out. Yet we must never lose hope; more and more complicated theories, fuller and fuller collections of data, richer rewards for researchers who make progress, more and more terrible punishments for those who fail—all this, pursued and accelerated to the very end of time, cannot, surely, fail to succeed.[4]

Why did you quote me then? Christians hang the cross in their churches and wear it as jewelry, whether it has a person on it or not is neither here nor there to me. My response was to DR's comment about an electric chair and had nothing to do with Catholics.

Going on the several posts at face value:
Memyselfandi.
Not a new religion at all. A certain angel in Isaiah 14:13-15 started it.
I recommend you read the Amplified bible
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah+14&version=AMP
the brackets contain the depth ie mention the person it is referring to.
in the context it was the king of Babylon who was only referred to as the morning star, in irony. Not literally.

The morning star, mentioned in Revelation is under the authority of the holy spirit.
" and I will give him the Morning Star."
the morning star is really a reference to wisdom.

Futility

Established
in the context it was the king of Babylon who was only referred to as the morning star, in irony. Not literally.

The morning star, mentioned in Revelation is under the authority of the holy spirit.
Lucifer, a Mediterranean pagan deity is conflated with Satan because of a bad translation by St.Hubert, of that verse, which as you said is a description of an earthly king.

Lucifer, a Mediterranean pagan deity is conflated with Satan because of a bad translation by St.Hubert.
one dimensional christians can't even understand that sometimes.
they don't really tend to look into the origin of terms/ideas within christianity.
that's why i always say the Logos originates from india and they just cannot accept that, but it is true.

elsbet

Superstar
Why did you quote me then? Christians hang the cross in their churches and wear it as jewelry, whether it has a person on it or not is neither here nor there to me. My response was to DR's comment about an electric chair and had nothing to do with Catholics.
I'm aware... you were a part of the exchange, so why not. And I dont imagine that any of it is either here or there to you, personally, but it does matter-- and it's not really about you-- plenty of other people read the material. Though this will be a good one to cite when someone gets upset because someone has called muhamed a schizophrenic. Again.

JoChris

Superstar

Both are true. The literal King of Tyre and the fallen angel Lucifer.
Christians are able to see different meanings in the same text.

JoChris

Superstar
one dimensional christians can't even understand that sometimes.
they don't really tend to look into the origin of terms/ideas within christianity.
that's why i always say the Logos originates from india and they just cannot accept that, but it is true.
What is this Logos who you are referring to?
Is mainstream Islam in agreement with you?

Both are true. The literal King of Tyre and the fallen angel Lucifer.
Christians are able to see different meanings in the same text.
You're making it up as you go along, don't do that. Things meant in jest/irony are not meant to be taken literally.
YOU have been made aware that lucifer/the morning star IS mentioned by the holy spirit in Revelation 2. So how on earth could you think it is a fallen angel?

What is this Logos who you are referring to?
Is mainstream Islam in agreement with you?
How can you ask 'what is this logos' when your entire belief system is based on it?
The logos is the Word of God mentioned in John 1:1...it IS "The SON" (metaphorical language) and also the IMAGE of God. The greeks called it the Logos, the jewish philosopher Philo incorporated it into a judaic/monothiestic context and attached it also to the concept of the 'incarnation' (which again was a deep hindu idea, ie the incarnations of VISHNU). Vishnu being the hindu version of the Logos.

In the Quran it is also called the Word, the arabic word for it being Kalam.
https://www.encyclopedia.com/religion/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/kalam-1

As for what mainstream islam agrees with...
if you read the above link it says

Some scholars believe that Greek and Hellenistic philosophy influenced the rise of kalam as a form of theology, while others point out that Islam, as a revealed, word-centered religion, was the primary factor in the emergence of the kalam method and schools of thought. The latter method, as it appears in literary form, strongly indicates the disputational context of early and medieval Islamic thought.

in other words, the intelligent ones said "this concept came from greek/hellenistic (and persian and indian) philosophy...but the hardcore ones, the more mindless ones were like "no wai dis is only islamz"

For example
in islam, we are told about Jannat and Jahannum (paradise and hell). Yet the word Jahannum came from Gehenna, which was developed in a hellenised context where the valley of ben hinnom was associated with the imagery of Sheol, which in large part was understood also from the greek counterpart ie hades. So long story short muslims just read about Jahannum in the same way they read about the Kalam/logos but do not delve deeper.

WE are living in a time we're more capable of being impartial and accessing material from greek, egyptian, persian, arab, indian, chinese allows me to forge connections with relative ease, something i really doubt muslims had access to for the last 1500 years, so how could people make that connection on ave? the ones who did delve deeper wrote books and books on related topics..and they were part of a movement ie sufi islam that is clearly mainstream.

ive also stated before that i dont regard 'hinduism' to be accurately understood. hinduism is like saying judaism, it isnt the original name of the religion. The correct name was 'Sanatan Dharma'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanātanī
which means 'the eternal law'
do you get the significance of this? it is the same meaning as Torah or Sharia (law).
this idea relates to precisely what islam calls THE religion. The persians just called it 'DEEN' (religion) without a defined theology for a DEEN.
now if you look at the israelites, didnt they at points in time, commit idolatory/polythiesm? this didnt negate the underlying truth of religion which is monothiesm with a form of panthiesm derived from understanding the immanence of God.
the point is Sanatan Dharma, from india...is the same to me as Islam itself, the idea of it, that we are all 'born muslim' or that the original religion was 'islam'.I have said the same about taoist philosophy. The ideas they contain deal with the certain 'truths' that overlap the ones in abrahimic religions. However the biggest of all overlaps was the Logos.

Btw when I say the idea came from india, christians don't like it, you want to be so static with it and assume it originated from judaism.... but consider Daniel's 4 beasts (ie the 4 empires that ruled jerusalem until the temple was destroyed)....what else were they responsible for?

Babylon was the first to mix different races/cultures but to impose it's own ideology on them. It conquered most of the middle east.

Persia was the first to establish religious freedom and it ruled from the river indus to the black sea ie so you can get a good idea of all the type of cultures/religions it came into contact with.

Greece conquered persia and made further in roads east and west...and it actually absorbed all the different religions/cultures and hence you had greek philosophy.

Rome took what Greece had and transported it to western europe but it also lost the essence of greek philosophy.

within all that you have the evolution of the Logos and finally logos in western europe, butchered and turned into a military machine ie modern christianity.

Remember in Daniel 2 Jesus will destroy the whole image representing the 4 beasts...and in our prophecies it says "he will destroy the CROSS" it isn't literal it's about destroying ROME/the BEAST. The cross becoming the symbol of roman imperialism.

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar

This--

LINK

Thanks for this. It would never have crossed my mind!