The "retail Apocalypse"

Lurker

Star
good. ive got a bunch of craftsman tools and ratchets i need to swap.
I think Ace and Lowe's both have licensing agreements. You could try there.

My hangup on Craftsman is a staple gun I found in a shed about 25 years ago. Still works, but hard to find staples that fit.

polymoog

Superstar
I think Ace and Lowe's both have licensing agreements. You could try there.

My hangup on Craftsman is a staple gun I found in a shed about 25 years ago. Still works, but hard to find staples that fit.
no ace in the area. lowes, yes. ill check next time im in that area (home depot is closer so i typically go there).
i stuck with the ratchets, nut drivers, and flatheads because i can trade them in when i wear them out. i can tell you that their voltmeter is a piece of crap and most of their stuff is overpriced, like their sockets. i never tried their staple gun-- can you find anything on amazon to fit it?

Lurker

Star
no ace in the area. lowes, yes. ill check next time im in that area (home depot is closer so i typically go there).
i stuck with the ratchets, nut drivers, and flatheads because i can trade them in when i wear them out. i can tell you that their voltmeter is a piece of crap and most of their stuff is overpriced, like their sockets. i never tried their staple gun-- can you find anything on amazon to fit it?
If I'm going to order, I'll just order from sears. The last time buying staples was before the agreements and I bought several boxes at Sears, now I'm running low. I'll check Ace and Lowe's (Home Depot is closer for me too, and I like them better). I have a lingering thought of just replacing it with a new one (one that shoots brads too), but it still works so IDK.

Johnny5

Veteran
Isnt Craftsman just a brand name now? Black and Decker bought them from Sears a few years back. Do they still have the lifetime guarantee on their tools? I thought Sears was completely defunct, until I went to the Sears site and then low and behold it is still active.

Lisa

Superstar
Isnt Craftsman just a brand name now? Black and Decker bought them from Sears a few years back. Do they still have the lifetime guarantee on their tools? I thought Sears was completely defunct, until I went to the Sears site and then low and behold it is still active.
I thought that craftsman stopped being the best tools and went on to becoming made in China cheapies. They weren’t worth that much anymore.

Edit: https://allamericanreviews.com/craftsman/