The "retail Apocalypse"

The Zone

Star
Oh no...Walmart is a beast too.

Noteworthy - credit cards are in a flux of change with chips and we will soon be told measures have to be taken to make them safer for the consumer. This can go in multiple directions, such as scans of eye iris to the dreaded RFD chips on our person via a kit sent to the individual.

Also, in Canada the minimum wage around Toronto is hitting 15 bucks. On the surface this sounds good and people need that much to survive but it means more independent stores will close in droves. The bottom line here is that governing policies help facilitate the BIG CORP dominance the retail industry. Once they have done so, free market is gone and they can control prices, quantities and basically us. They can facilitate crashes, MLAW and the rest in that our needs control use be it meds or food and water. I am not a prepper type but my guess is that water in time will become more valuable than we can possibly imagine for it is what truly helps us survive. No happy thoughts here...

Last edited:

Devine

Star
Oh no...Walmart is a beast too.

Noteworthy - credit cards are in a flux of change with chips and we will soon be told measures have to be taken to make them safer for the consumer. This can go in multiple directions, such as scans of eye iris to the dreaded RFD chips on our person via a kit sent to the individual.

Also, in Canada the minimum wage around Toronto is hitting 15 bucks. On the surface this sounds good and people need that much to survive but it means more independent stores will close in droves. The bottom line here is that governing policies help facilitate the BIG CORP dominance the retail industry. Once they have done so, free market is gone and they can control prices, quantities and basically us. They can facilitate crashes, MLAW and the rest in that our needs control use be it meds or food and water. I am not a prepper type but my guess is that water in time will become more valuable than we can possibly imagine for it is what truly helps us survive. No happy thoughts here...
VERY GOOD point about the minimum wage! so many things seem like a great idea on the surface...

Devine

Star
they have created a packaging problem too i just heard that san francisco recycles 100 tons of cardboard every day

polymoog

Superstar
yeah but, shop local? heard of it whats that?
LOL. what is what? lasagna gardening is layering cardboard on the bare ground to suffocate the weeds, which is then followed by compost and aged manure. you plant in the compost and as the cardboard breaks down, the plant roots penetrate through. its a good technique if you dont have the time or energy to turn the soil.
shopping local is good. (?) im not sure what you meant by that.

Devine

Star
LOL. what is what? lasagna gardening is layering cardboard on the bare ground to suffocate the weeds, which is then followed by compost and aged manure. you plant in the compost and as the cardboard breaks down, the plant roots penetrate through. its a good technique if you dont have the time or energy to turn the soil.
shopping local is good. (?) im not sure what you meant by that.
ah i have used cardboard to start raised beds but not the lasagna. i mean cardboard is just one tiny reason of the many to avoid the big retailers. also watched a vid about recycling that they ship the stuff to other countries where poor people pick through it and their waterways get polluted and it takes more energy than it saves i will look for link but the gist was that recycling is just a scam promoted to make us all feel better about drowning in a sea of plastic :)
but, i have a serious plastic aversion. avoiding it is one of my main hobbies in life haha :)

LadyNocturna33

Established
devin: check out the website:lifewithoutplastic.com.
We actually have more and more stores popping up that have banned the use of plastic, very refreshing I must say. They also allow you to get the amount of food you need, and therefor not waste anything because you can scoop exactly as much as you want. I think that should become the norm.