The Reformation Happened For A Reason

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@AspiringSoul -

The risk you take in sharing your story is that people may dissect it and not really get the essence. That's OK and I'm not offended. It has been 30 years since that night and my understanding is far deeper now than it was then.

I can't really expect you to understand what I meant any more that my continued difficulty explaining to my daughter (who won't try one) what a mushroom tastes like!

P.s. in response to your observations, consider these words from Ephesians 2...

"11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, somaking peace; 16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father."

Last edited:
@AspiringSoul -

The risk you take in sharing your story is that people may dissect it and not really get the essence. That's OK and I'm not offended. It has been 30 years since that night and my understanding is far deeper now than it was then.

I can't really expect you to understand what I meant any more that my continued difficulty explaining to my daughter (who won't try one) what a mushroom tastes like!
You can't assume everyone else is static and don't have their own experiences/perspectives. I read what you wrote but know a lot about the monkey mind narratives, ie the nafs's hold over us. What is does, how it does it. You'd be foolish to think the monkey mind involves a few choice thoughts. The mind has enough power that you can witness entire events in your life because of a simple thought. There are currents flowing through our mind that are often not from us, ie demonic..and the game is strong.
You'd be a fool to think we just make a full confession and Jesus's gaze is on us
it is actually offensive to make such claims in a world riddled with poverty, sickness and suffering.
What makes you so special?
or you meant to tell me every christian with the same intent as you, has the same type of level ie directly connected with God and are born again? then why are there so many sects?
remember, your claim is bigger than ours

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Narratives are not without power. The fact that there is a persuasive one available to explain away conversion experiences comes as no surprise... Since the sins of the whole world were placed on the Son of God, the fact that I received that for myself, and bowed my knee to his Lordship over me does not make me special. It just makes me saved.

How smug can a drowning man feel when he takes hold of a life belt. Faced with a clear choice between pushing it away or the common sense of taking hold, that second choice is the extent of my arrogance...

As regards 'nafs', perhaps the best way I could respond was by saying I read your description and that really wasn't it... It wasn't the darkness of my own heart but the brightness of the light that was the overriding experience.

8dac1ee6bdd3ccbf51b3e946313902f7.jpg

Last edited:
Jesus telling you, you're forgiven=your account erased
not the same as being 'born again' in the sense of being dead to the flesh. That is a different type of 'born again' experience, the true kind.

Dying to the flesh=Fana in sufi terminology
Fanaa (Arabic: فناء‎ fanāʾ ) is the Sufi term for "passing away" or "annihilation" (of the self).[1] Fana means "to die before one dies", a concept highlighted by famous notable Muslim saints such as Rumi and later by Sultan Bahoo.[2] Fana represents a breaking down of the individual ego and a recognition of the fundamental unity of God, creation, and the individual self.[1] Persons having entered this enlightened state obtain awareness of the intrinsic unity (Tawhid) between Allah and all that exists, including the individual's mind. It is coupled conceptually with baqaa, subsistence, which is the state of pure consciousness of and abidance in God

then being reborn is called Baqa
Baqaa (Arabic: بقاء‎ baqāʾ ), with literal meaning of subsistence or permanency, is a term in Sufi philosophy which describes a particular state of life with God, through God, in God, and for God. It is the summit of the mystical manazil, that is, the destination or the abode. Baqaa comprises three degrees, each one referring to a particular aspect of the divine theophanies as principle of existence and its qualitative evolution, consisting of faith, knowledge, and grace. It is the stage where the seeker finally gets ready for the constant vision of God. Hence, it can be termed as Divine Eternity.

My argument here is the claim that you died to the flesh, i'm denying you have experience the equivalent of Fanaa.
If you're just saying your account was erased and you were like a newborn in that sense ie with a clean record, then it's a different matter, that is commonplace in religion.
in islam there are different ways to erase all our sins, of course sincerity and belief are the key..but we believe Allah opened the doors of Mercy for us in many different ways.

Personally i think you don't even know the difference.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
There is a difference between "justification" and "sanctification". The first happens the moment you truly believe, the next happens every day of your life (if you abide in Him).

Try Galatians 5...

"16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. "

Imagine two dogs, the one you feed will be the strongest. That's about as well as I can explain it at this time of night!!!

I found this image that seemed to get over the headline points pretty well...

Gospel In 60 Secs_small.jpg

Last edited:

Daciple

Star
Just because i'm not born again doesn't mean the concept has eluded me.
There is a difference between being familiar with a concept in a mental capacity and knowing exactly what it means on a Spiritual and Personal level. What you keep doing is telling others that are Born Again, that testify to it what it was to be Born Again that they dont know what they are talking about. My response is maybe if you get Born Again then you will be able to talk about it, but honestly until then you really do not know what your talking about. I can tell you about the experience of sky diving, you can read books about sky diving, but until you actually go sky diving no matter what I tell you about it, no matter what you learn about it, you really have no idea what sky diving is like. The same concept can be applied to being Born Again, you can have an idea about it, but until you experience it, you really have no idea what you are saying and you definitely wouldnt and arent in a position to tell others who have been Born Again what it means, does or feels like...

I generally have a better idea than you do.
No actually you dont, you have absolutely no real understanding of it, just like if you havent sky dived you have absolutely no idea what that experience is no matter what you read concerning it, you actually have to experience it to understand it...

In your case you think you're born again out of sheer arrogance, but have nothing to do with Jesus
Lol even tho it was 100% by Christ that I was Born Again, I cant fathom why someone like you would be so upset when others testify to their Born Again experience? It has nothing to do with arrogance, it has to do with the experience I had when I first turned to Jesus and believed on Him. Everything in my life changed, if you want to read my full testimony I wrote about it here:

https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/my-testimony.403/

As for quoting Galatians again you dont understand what that is saying whatsoever. It would probably help to put it in Context:

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

So to be Crucified in the Flesh (the next verse you quoted) means that we now have the ability to not heed the desires of the Flesh that are listed above, when we take it all in Context it means that when we who are Born Again heed to the Spirit we dont follow after the Flesh and now because we have been crucified and have the Spirit within us are able to overcome the temptations of the Flesh. If we futher read and understand Scripture the point is, those who havent been Born Again and Crucified in the Flesh have ZERO ability to resist the Flesh and its Temptations. I mean you feint to know all this better than us Christians you ought to know that Scripture off the top of your head, but in case you forgot:

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Those in the Flesh aka not Born Again can not please God, they cant stop doing the deeds of the Flesh, and 99% of the time they dont even care about not doing the deeds of the Flesh. Usually they get really really really mad at those who say their deeds are of the Flesh and of Death, they get really really mad and say those who are Born Again and call for others to be Born Again to be able to overcome the Flesh are arrogant ect...

And if we look back in Context of Galatians we also read what? ...so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. There is a battle that takes place all day everyday in those who are truly Born Again, where the Flesh and Spirit war and there are many times when we fail and the Flesh wins and we do of the Flesh, but thank God He forgives us and renews the Spirit and we get up and go to war again and conquer Sin because we are Born Again and have the Spirit to help us not do of the Flesh. Again you know all this because you read the Scriptures it tells us all about it, but in case you forgot that Scripture here it is:

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Your misunderstanding seems to be that one isnt Born Again until they have zero desires or never war with the Flesh, but that is an incorrect view, the actual true understanding of being Born Again is that before you didnt have a war inside yourself, you just did as the Flesh bid and it didnt bother you, then you get Born Again, the war starts and everyday you fight to either walk in the Spirit or after the Flesh. If you got Born Again you would understand this, just ask anyone who is Born Again if what I say is correct or what you say is correct...

Scripture speaks for itself, you just need to actually incorporate the whole of it...

But that applies to us all?
Spirit is consciousness itself.
the flesh limits our consciousness so they are in opposition to one another in the same way love and greed are opposed to one another.
Love unites consciousness, greed limits consciousness.
In this sense we are always fighting between these 2 states.

to be DEAD to the flesh means you completely died and sin has erased itself from you, has no power over you
in the context of my earlier quotes, that's what occurs when a person experiences Fanaa, after that, they are free from sin. The flesh is dead, they exist solely in the highest level of consciousness.

being 'born again' in the lesser sense of having your sins wiped out is another matter though. In that case i would not deny your experience. But when you say something like
There was no barrier between me and God.
then this implies you did 'die to your flesh' because the only way you can reach that level where you experience God in the FULLNESS of consciousness is when you merge with the logos..and in that sense you experience a merging with God, which is sufi terms is called Wahdat al Wujud which means 'unity of being'.

this reminds me entirely of a quote from Bawa Muhaiyadeen (a sufi) concerning Jesus Christ
btw it isn't the best translation, he spoke in Tamil....this puts a lot of things into context for me. That state Jesus was in, fanaa, that

The Untold Story of Jesus | Bawa Muhaiyaddeen

The Bible tells us the story of Jesus, upon him be peace, but it does not explain where he was between the ages of twelve and thirty. It does not say whether he remained in this world or went to the kingdom of heaven. Where was he? What happened during those eighteen years?

My grandchildren, if we don't know the complete history of Jesus, how can we understand him? How can we know who he truly is if we do not know his state? How can we know his glory?

My love you, my grandchildren. Let me explain something to you about those eighteen years.

Have you ever noticed how, in the morning when the sun is still low on the horizon, you can see long shadows stretching from the trees? Sometimes a shadow might extend a hundred and fifty feet. But when the sun is directly overhead at midday, you cannot see any shadow at all. Then later, when the sun is at low angle again, even your own shadow will be over a hundred feet long. But are you really that tall? No, you are only a few feet tall.

My grandchildren, we live in a world which casts shadows. People only know that something exists when they see its forms, a form that casts a shadow. If that form is missing, they cannot see anything. That is why the prophets came as forms which cast shadows. For our sakes they appeared to us in a way that we could understand, in a form which we could see with our eyes. But because their shadow forms are no longer here today, people say, 'The prophets are no longer here. They are dead and gone.'

Jesus did live in this world during those eighteen years, but he dwelt where the people of the world could not know him. He did not live within earth, fire, water, air, or ether. He did not live with the desire for women, earth, and gold. He made the world within him die. He surrendered to God and merged with God. His body was still in the world, but he was not in his body. The soul was with him, but the world was not. No one saw him during those eighteen years, for Jesus was with God, immersed in prayer.

His body was in the world, but he was not in the body, he was in the section of God.

The people who believed in the body, because they only had the eyes to see the world, did not see him during that time. Those who caried the body of five elements of earth, fire, water, air and ether could not see him. Those who believed in the differences between I and you could not see him. Those who were caught by arrogance, karma, illusion, and pride could not see him. Religions, races, and scriptures could not see him. None of these could see Jesus, because the world was not in him. He was here, but he was not visible to the eyes of the world.

During the time that Jesus was with our Primal Father, surrendered in Allahu, the light of God was at its zenith within him, just as the sun in midday is directly overhead. The shadow of his body was not to be seen. But then he came back to the world to continue his work. When he came out of that state, people said, "Jesus has returned," because they identified him with his body. They were looking for a physical form, not for the true Jesus.

For the next three years, Jesus spoke to the people, saying, "My father God says..." And it was then that people began to find fault with him. The Bible says that he was finally captured and crucified. But during the crucifixion that is spoke of Jesus' state was comparable to his state during those eighteen years.

My love you, my grandchildren. Do you understand? We can only explain something if we have understood its meaning. We are only able to speak about what we have seen after we have experienced it. And we can only know the truth when we have opened the eye of wisdom to understand it.

The knowledge you have now, my children, is limited by the intellect. The scriptures are also limited by this boundary. You can understand the words of the prophets and the lights of God only up to that level. Intellect cannot see beyond itself. Only when you transcend the intellect can you know what is beyond. Only with the four higher levels of judgment, subtle wisdom, analytic wisdom, and divine luminous wisdom can you progress.

God is beyond intellect. He is beyond scriptures, religion, race and caste. He is a treasure which cannot be described within the bounds of intellect, a perfectly pure treasure beyond all beginnings and endings.

My love you, my grandchildren. Just as the world did not see Jesus during those eighteen years, the world will not see us when we do not have the world within us. The state in which we forget this body and this world and dwell within God is true meditation and prayer. If you are in that state, you will not be aware of this body. Your body will be here, but it will be forgotten, as if it were dead. Your friends, relations, and possessions will all be forgotten. You will see only God. You will be living in His truth and in His body.

My love you, my grandchildren. What do you think people are searching for? They seek only a shadow that comes from darkness. But when a body is connected to God, it becomes light. When such a pure light or resplendence appears, it will be invisible to those whose eyes can perceive only shadows, the forms of darkness.

No one saw Jesus for eighteen years because they were looking for him in that way. The sign they held dear and searched for was not there. He had become light, and the darkness had gone away. The body had no more pull on him, and he disappeared within God. But after the work of those years was completed, the form emerged in the world again, and the people found what they were looking for. Then the rest of his history was written.

My loving grandchildren, even though you and I are in the world, we will not be in this body when we dwell in God. At that time we will be in light, and when that light comes to us, we will not cast any shadow. Only God's power will exist when we reach the state in which our prayers, worship, and our devotion, or ibadat, dwell within God. However, as long as we are not in that state, the body will exist. We will live in this world and not within Him, and we will be in darkness.

Histories can only be written about the time that one is in this world. They cannot be written about the time that on dwells in God. That is why the Bible does not speak about the life of Jesus during those eighteen years. And that is also why the true state of all the prophets has never really been known. The world searched for their shadows, their bodies. Without searching for their true state and without knowing who the prophets really were, people beat them and chased them and made them suffer. Such is the wonder of the ignorance of man.

My love you, my grandchildren. When light comes, this section of earth disappears. But when the section of earth and darkness comes, the light fades away.

Think about this. You must understand the prophets that God sent and know their true form. You must think about their words. You must think about everything with wisdom. In what way should you establish your connection with God? In what way should you conduct your life? Acquire God's qualities. Learn wisdom and the divine knowledge of 'ilm. Understand every section and then know. Amin.

- from
Come to the Secret Garden:
Sufi Tales of Wisdom
by M. R. Bawa Muhaiyaddeen

There is a difference between being familiar with a concept in a mental capacity and knowing exactly what it means on a Spiritual and Personal level. What you keep doing is telling others that are Born Again, that testify to it what it was to be Born Again that they dont know what they are talking about. My response is maybe if you get Born Again then you will be able to talk about it, but honestly until then you really do not know what your talking about. I can tell you about the experience of sky diving, you can read books about sky diving, but until you actually go sky diving no matter what I tell you about it, no matter what you learn about it, you really have no idea what sky diving is like. The same concept can be applied to being Born Again, you can have an idea about it, but until you experience it, you really have no idea what you are saying and you definitely wouldnt and arent in a position to tell others who have been Born Again what it means, does or feels like...

No actually you dont, you have absolutely no real understanding of it, just like if you havent sky dived you have absolutely no idea what that experience is no matter what you read concerning it, you actually have to experience it to understand it...

Lol even tho it was 100% by Christ that I was Born Again, I cant fathom why someone like you would be so upset when others testify to their Born Again experience? It has nothing to do with arrogance, it has to do with the experience I had when I first turned to Jesus and believed on Him. Everything in my life changed, if you want to read my full testimony I wrote about it here:

https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/my-testimony.403/

As for quoting Galatians again you dont understand what that is saying whatsoever. It would probably help to put it in Context:

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

So to be Crucified in the Flesh (the next verse you quoted) means that we now have the ability to not heed the desires of the Flesh that are listed above, when we take it all in Context it means that when we who are Born Again heed to the Spirit we dont follow after the Flesh and now because we have been crucified and have the Spirit within us are able to overcome the temptations of the Flesh. If we futher read and understand Scripture the point is, those who havent been Born Again and Crucified in the Flesh have ZERO ability to resist the Flesh and its Temptations. I mean you feint to know all this better than us Christians you ought to know that Scripture off the top of your head, but in case you forgot:

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Those in the Flesh aka not Born Again can not please God, they cant stop doing the deeds of the Flesh, and 99% of the time they dont even care about not doing the deeds of the Flesh. Usually they get really really really mad at those who say their deeds are of the Flesh and of Death, they get really really mad and say those who are Born Again and call for others to be Born Again to be able to overcome the Flesh are arrogant ect...

And if we look back in Context of Galatians we also read what? ...so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. There is a battle that takes place all day everyday in those who are truly Born Again, where the Flesh and Spirit war and there are many times when we fail and the Flesh wins and we do of the Flesh, but thank God He forgives us and renews the Spirit and we get up and go to war again and conquer Sin because we are Born Again and have the Spirit to help us not do of the Flesh. Again you know all this because you read the Scriptures it tells us all about it, but in case you forgot that Scripture here it is:

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Your misunderstanding seems to be that one isnt Born Again until they have zero desires or never war with the Flesh, but that is an incorrect view, the actual true understanding of being Born Again is that before you didnt have a war inside yourself, you just did as the Flesh bid and it didnt bother you, then you get Born Again, the war starts and everyday you fight to either walk in the Spirit or after the Flesh. If you got Born Again you would understand this, just ask anyone who is Born Again if what I say is correct or what you say is correct...

Scripture speaks for itself, you just need to actually incorporate the whole of it...
yeh it's called a conscience, we all have it mate.

Daciple

Star
it's a major sign of arrogance for christians to read the words of apostles and think they are experiencing the same connection with the tree.
What? Then why do the Apostles write continually that others are exactly the same as them? You really dont understand Scripture at all.

Acts 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Here we see the Gentiles receive the Holy Ghost, aka are Born Again and what does Peter the Apostle say of them? Which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we! They had the same experience as the Apostles, and people today who receive the Holy Ghost aka are Born Again are having the same experience as Peter and everyone else who has been Born Again. You can have the same experience too brother, just repent and believe on Christ Alone and you will see what we are talking about...

Furthermore all we have to do is read almost any part of Scripture and the Apostles include those around them into the same fold and experience they are in and have had, why dont you know this bro, you know the Scriptures better than me!!

1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

1 Cor 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

1 Peter 5:5 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being examples to the flock.
4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.
5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Peter Paul John Luke all record in their Epistles that everyone who was Born Again is in the same fold as they are, you may want to come to understand Scripture and get Born Again so you can know that you are hooked up to the vine of Christ in the identical fashion as the Apostles and everyone else who has been Born Again throughout history...

So that means you don't just get to be 'born again' just through belief.
There's more to it.
Oh yeah, show me where that is specifically, because here is what Scriptures actually say:

Acts 16:29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Repent aka change your mind which is going to happen the second you go to believe in Christ, Confess and Believe, that is how you get Born Again, pretty simple it seems, yet its almost impossible, as you can testify of yourself as you have yet to Repent Confess and Believe on Christ and get Born Again...

Jesus will say to many 'i never knew you'. What is it cutting them off?
False conversion, wanna see an example in Scripture?

Acts 8:9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:
10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.
11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.
12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.
14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.
22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.
23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

Simon acted as tho he was a great man of God, he even convinced others that he was, but he was using Sorcery to trick and deceive these people, then he saw the Apostles come who truly had the power of God and what did he do to attain it, and why did he want it? He tried to attain it by buying it and for the purposes of having power, and what happened? He was called out and told his heart wasnt right, to repent of his wickedness and that he was in the gall of bitterness and bond of iniquity. We can see the same thing today with all these fake evangelists on tv who are trying to pimp the name of Christ for money, look at what they do and what that Scripture says:

have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

These fake evangelists are always making prophesies in Christ name (they also arent coming true) they are always trying to cast out devils in His name and declaring a great many works, but guess what they are Simon, doing it for filthy lucre gain, for power and prestige and not for the furtherance of the Kingdom of God. To these will Christ say I never knew you, again Scripture tells us about this, but you already know it cuz you know Scripture better than us Christians:

Titus 1:10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, the Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.
13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.
15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

I would say it's because you hold the wrong beliefs where you believe the son is literally co-equal with the Father.
Absolutely not, I quoted you the actual reasons, the Apostles believed that Son is co-equal with the Father, so while you can make up any ideology you want, the real reason they are turned away is because they never actually believe in Christ, and say they do just so they can attain worldly things...

Also keep in mind that I was responding more to the claim that catholics are 'not' born again.
I believe most arent, many never have picked up a Bible they are concerned with following Religion than a personal relationship with God. In their False Religion, if you had some water sprinkled on you as a baby by their Priests you are good to go forever, what garbage. I believe that those who are Born Again in the Catholic Church will come out of it and be lead into a Bible Believing Church. My mother was raised Catholic and believed Catholic till she actually read the Bible for herself and saw how Catholicism doesnt follow anything in the Bible and she got Born Again and left it...

If Henry the 8th didn't have such a huge ego, you would probably be catholic.
So lets see, would it be correct in saying if Muhammad was so bloodthirsty and obsessed with Power and Money you would still be a Pagan? Funny how the reverse in your religion you wont justify but try and bring that ignorance into Christianity, same with ignorance about Constantine. Christianity spread because Jesus is the Truth period...

^^
What I said about King Henry the 8th was simply because of the rise of the protestant movement in England. Why it happened, what it led to and it's impact on modern christianity.
Hence when you guys are attacking catholics as 'not born again' i just think 'really, you're only protestant because King Henry the 8th'. Maybe you ought to study his life and that period of european history to know what happened as a result.

As for the apostles, that was a longgg time ago, it's like a pyramid structure where they're on top, but look at Jude 1. In the time of the apostles, christianity was already being invaded by pretenders..and you're telling me 2000 years you're the same?

Finally, so bloodthirsty that he literally didn't kill a single person when he conquered Mecca? but he forgave everyone?
So MONEY obsessed that he specifically told people
"We (Prophets) do not have any heirs; what we leave behind is (to be given in) charity"
hence his ONLY surviving daughter, lived and died in poverty?
So money hungry he slept on the floor, on a straw mat and refused to have anything better

^^show me a single verse like this in the bible?

Do you really think you can just make such statements about him, without being held accountable?
you can't even define what being born again means
i have done..i obviously have a better understanding of it than you do.

@Red Sky at Morning If you go back only a few decades Mohammed Ali thought gentiles were white people only.
It doesn't quite have the same weight when you consider how Jews were Hellenised so it's like comparing an Indian to an Arab ie both the same skintone and culturally similar.
Also in the context of that verse being a slave didn't refer to physical bondage but referred to the context of religious law ie the Jew was under the law and hence a slave whereas a gentile was free.
In another context Jesus compared gentiles to dogs and Jews to children.

I'm not at all claiming Christianity is racist because I get the message..but it's about how it's interpreted and applied historically and moreso than that it's about how your fellow Christians attempt to attack Islam. I'm countering those attacks with only a small number of hadiths.
It's shocking to me how Christians even compare Jesus with Mohammed considering the body of work contained in hadith collections is more than the entire bible X 5 if not more.
It's basically a case where you guys can quote the beatitudes and present Jesus as the most merciful person who ever existed even though half the time he was criticising /attacking people (not kind at all) and when he returns you believe he's going to destroy people in the billions literally.
His passive nature the first time round is the example of prophet Mohammed in Mecca. His active nature when he returns is the example of prophet Mohammad in Madina.
The hijra/migration story is a foreshadowing

going slightly offtopic (and entirely offtopic of the op) but still related to this theme (foreshadowing)
take a look at the context of Isaiah 40:3
3 A voice of one calling:
“In the wilderness prepare
the way for the Lorda]">
make straight in the desert
a highway for our God.

confirmed in John 1
21 They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?”
He said, “I am not.”
“Are you the Prophet?”
He answered, “No.”

22 Finally they said, “Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?”

23 John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’”d]">[d]

24 Now the Pharisees who had been sent 25 questioned him, “Why then do you baptize if you are not the Messiah, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?”

normally muslims quote this to suggest there was not only Jesus but 'the prophet' who was expected to come.
Makes obvious sense, since there's the messiah, elijah AND a prophet.

Yet Jesus confirmed that Elijah had already been (we usually assume this was John the Baptist himself).
John the Baptist confirms he is the one in the wilderness calling

????
but not really though, this is a poor translation.

Another translation from the Complete Jewish Bible

23 He answered in the words of Yesha‘yahu the prophet, “I am
The voice of someone crying out:
‘In the desert make the way of Adonai straight!’”

in otherwords, John the Baptist is the voice, the one calling
BUT what is he saying?

‘In the desert make the way of Adonai straight!’”

Islam IS the 'straight path' and we know in the bible the Wilderness was connected with the desert of Paran and Ismail.

Now look at the general themes in Isaiah 40 and compare them to Isaiah 42
The theme is about God's monothiestic nature
the same is true in the New Song prophecy in Isaiah 42 which i've stated many times is about the religion of islam

Isaiah 42
Let the desert and its cities raise their voices,
the villages where Kedar lives;
let those living in Sela shout for joy;
let them cry out from the mountaintops!
12 Let them give glory to Adonai
and proclaim his praise in the coastlands.
13 Adonai will go out like a soldier,
like a soldier roused to the fury of battle;
he will shout, yes, he raises the battle cry;
as he triumphs over his foes.

of course, this is strongly connected with the active aspect of Prophet Mohammad SAW when he went to Madina...and i've already covered that Sela is a reference to Madina.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sela_(Saudi_Arabia)

Isaiah 42
“For a long time I have held my peace,
I have been silent, restrained myself.
Now I will shriek like a woman in labor,
panting and gasping for air.
15 I will devastate mountains and hills,
wither all their vegetation,
turn the rivers into islands
and dry up the lakes.

16 The blind I will lead on a road they don’t know,
on roads they don’t know I will lead them;
I will turn darkness to light before them,
and straighten their twisted paths.

Isaiah 40
A voice says, “Cry out.”
And I said, “What shall I cry?”

(1) Guide us to the straight Way.
(سورة الفاتحة, Al-Faatiha, Chapter #1, Verse #6)

(2) The fools among the people will say: "What hath turned them from the Qibla to which they were used?" Say: To Allah belong both east and West: He guideth whom He will to a Way that is straight.
(سورة البقرة, Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #142)

3) Mankind was one single nation, and Allah sent Messengers with glad tidings and warnings; and with them He sent the Book in truth, to judge between people in matters wherein they differed; but the People of the Book, after the clear Signs came to them, did not differ among themselves, except through selfish contumacy. Allah by His Grace Guided the believers to the Truth, concerning that wherein they differed. For Allah guided whom He will to a path that is straight.
(سورة البقرة, Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #213)

(8) Wherewith Allah guideth all who seek His good pleasure to ways of peace and safety, and leadeth them out of darkness, by His will, unto the light,- guideth them to a path that is straight.
(سورة المائدة, Al-Maaida, Chapter #5, Verse #16)

^^
Isaiah 42
The blind I will lead on a road they don’t know,
on roads they don’t know I will lead them;
I will turn darkness to light before them,
and straighten their twisted paths.

these are strongly connected with
Psalm 84
As they go through the Valley of Baca
they make it a place of springs;
the early rain also covers it with pools.

7 They go from strength to strength;
each one appears before God in Zion.

in the true context, the reason David wrote this was because at the time there was no Jewish temple. He was referring on one hand to the israelite's journey where they went into the wilderness with Moses (according to one jewish historian they spent 38 years in MECCA!) and it culminates after him when Solomon built the jewish temple. This presents a journey that is then repeated on a bigger scale through islam and the second coming of Jesus.

'Bakkah' is another name for Mecca. Even if you explore the etymology where it refers to 'weeping' it is symbolic of Hagar's weeping when she held Ismael and then the miracle of the zamzam water/well took place.

Genesis 21
6 Then she went and sat down opposite him a good way off, about the distance of a bowshot, for she said, “Let me not look on the death of the child.” And as she sat opposite him, she lifted up her voice and wept. 17 And God heard the voice of the boy, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, “What troubles you, Hagar? Fear not, for God has heard the voice of the boy where he is. 18 Up! Lift up the boy, and hold him fast with your hand, for I will make him into a great nation.” 19 Then God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water. And she went and filled the skin with water and gave the boy a drink. 20 And God was with the boy, and he grew up. He lived in the wilderness and became an expert with the bow. 21 He lived in the wilderness of Paran, and his mother took a wife for him from the land of Egypt.

What is this whole journey symbolising?

Habakkuk 3
God came from Teman,
and the Holy One from Mount Paran. Selah

Teman is a symbolic reference to 'south' ie that God would come from the south...and the holy one from Mt Paran!!1
could it be any more clear?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_of_Paran

Deuteronomy 33
He said: "The LORD came from Sinai and dawned over them from Seir; he shone forth from Mount Paran. He came with myriads of holy ones from the south, from his mountain slopes.

the context, Jude 1 explains
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jude

14 It was also about these that Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of his holy ones, 15 to execute judgment on all and to convict all the ungodly of all their deeds of ungodliness that they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things that ungodly sinners have spoken against him.” 16 These are grumblers, malcontents, following their own sinful desires; they are loud-mouthed boasters, showing favoritism to gain advantage.

again the theme of 'ungodly' springs up just like in Isaiah 42, but in the context Jude's warning was of the ungodly was referring to fake Christians.
Even deeper in the context

8 Yet in like manner these people also, relying on their dreams, defile the flesh, reject authority, and blaspheme the glorious ones.

isn't that like all the christians here claiming to have this special relationship with God via the holy spirit whilst they go on astral projecting out of their backside claiming to see false angels and then use their own experience to attack the prophet of islam? This is dangerous territory.

the extent of attacks against Prophet Mohammad SAW is on a different level esp with the christian online presence where they are all over the search rankings, forums, youtube (esp the comments) constantly attacking the prophet himself...

But going back the prophecies.
it's just like Jesus said in John 16

8 And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; 10 concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; 11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14 He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 15 All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

this is an on going prophecy before the second coming and it is finally fullfilled when the Mahdi comes but was a reference to Mohammad SAW first and foremost.
The Mahdi as the 12 caliph of Quraysh is the final of the 12 princes promised to Hagar in Genesis.

The reason im presenting all of this is because each time prophet Mohammad/islam is attacked by christians on here, it opens up a lot of arguments on my side.
I guess the truth really is too much to bear for you people and it's no wonder

2 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.

actually @Red Sky at Morning you've been more than respectful, i'm not referring to you in this post but christians in general because ive spoken to so many and each time i discussed theology it reached a point where they began attacking prophet Mohammad directly. There have been, maybe 4-5 in total christians who have behaved really well,.but even so everything above still has to be acknowledged with clear arguments for/against so if you have a response to this i'd appreciate it. i realised ive made a fairly long post but the theme in itself is not a lengthy one.

You have to join the dots, show me how christianity/Jesus or anyone else that isn't Mohammed fulfills these propheciesreferring to Mt Paran, the wilderness etc. Who was that 'prophet' the jews referred to in john 1 for example?
i've obv already presented other arguments about this whole theme surrounding the appearance of prophet Mohammad ie as a gentile/ismaelite and another lawbringer preceding the second coming of Jesus, so my argument overall is pretty solid and rooted in

one of the major points to appreciate all of these texts IS the hajj season.
if you reasd the new song prophecy in Isaiah 42, you compare it to Psalm 84 as an example..you want to look at what the hajj is.
There is nothing like it in the world...and knowing all of this is a pilgrimage for God...that obv adds a lot of weight to those prophecies.
If you look at all human history and then read these prophecies/texts, i don't think you'll find anything close what islam and the hajj represents FOR the monotheistic belief (which is afterall the central theme in isaiah 42).
Keep in mind also that the Hajj is strongly connected with the story of Abraham and Hagar/Ismael ie the walking from safah/marwah symbolises her struggle before the zamzam miracle.

Final point
how would all of this come together ie where does islam and jerusalem 'meet'? it's with the second coming of Jesus ultimate, i believe but it is even deeper.
if you go Read Revelation 12 and the prophecy of the woman..it talks about the woman going into the wilderness to escape from the dragon who makes war against her..again this is strongly connected with islam.
it ends with
17 Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stoodc]">[c] on the sand of the sea.
in the context
-wilderness
-commandments
-Jesus
this cannot refer to Christians who do not follow commandments like the mosaic law or shariah law. Actually keeping with the earlier prophecies i've highlighted, Teman is actually Yemen too or maybe it just generally meant 'south' ie arabia. I do not truely know what this means in the context but like all of these, the relevance to islam is too strong for you to consciously ignore.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@AspiringSoul

"everything above still has to be acknowledged with clear arguments for/against so if you have a response to this i'd appreciate it"

I agree - please give me a little time, perhaps a few days to ponder your questions and I will give you my response...