The Rapture

Allegra

Veteran
You have right mindset...I used to be prophecy junkie...Even based my Rl decisions in accordance with things i thought will happen. So dumb...And when you so focused on all doom and gloom, loving your neighbor, relationship with Jesus, your spiritual condition, all those things that really matters ends up in second place...
You are right Vytas. God just wants us to focus on Him. He loves our attention. He is really a friend.

Lololol I actually quite like listening or reading to rapture and tribulation theories, and every time I was on a theory I would be like “hmm ya makes sense, oh gosh this might be true!! asfhfksjf what do now!” but then half an hour later that I read another one, ashfksjflan YAS BRUDDA THIS IS THE RIGHT ONE!! But at the end of the day, I’d be like “Thy will be done.” I can’t take any theory seriously because only Father knows.

It is not wrong to speculate but take it as opinion and fun discussions and not truth... Honesly me and my sister like to talk about this, but we always say at the end, “Well never know, just always be ready.” The book of Revelation is very tricky, if you wrong you can mislead people and that’s quite dangerous, God will say “what in the world did u do to my people?!?!??!?!”

Moreaboutyou

Established
Just like David Wilkerson said who cares about pre mid or post trip xD My position is any trib!
Just focus on Jesus Christ and always have a ready heart to welcome Him knowing everything that happens is according to His prophecy and we honour that. I don’t really care if He’s coming post or mid trib tbh, it will be scary but God is good and He will be with His people.
I agree but we are supposed to speak about this and fellowship on his coming also. I think it is good to discuss as long as arguing is not involved. :))

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Many people have noticed the connection of the Feast of Trumpets to the Rapture. A number of other Jewish feasts have a resonance as well. One I was not aware of was the detail of the potential for four fulfillments hidden in the four cups of wine...

The Four Cups represent the four expressions of deliverance promised by God Exodus 6:6–7: "I will bring out," "I will deliver," "I will redeem," and "I will take." The Vilna Gaon relates the Four Cups to four worlds: this world, the Messianic age, the world at the revival of the dead, and the world to come.

Last edited:

Allegra

Veteran
I agree but we are supposed to speak about this and fellowship on his coming also. I think it is good to discuss as long as arguing is not involved. :))
yes and in my other reply i said already my stance on rapture and tribulation theories. It's always acceptable to discuss and talk about this but never take it as truth because we don't know when He's coming. The thing is that a lot of people who talk about this always end up believing in their theory like "no you can't convince me otherwise!" or "no that's totally wrong and deception, it's false!" instead of talking about it by admitting that "we don't know when and everything could possible since only Father knows this and we just need to warned and prepared for Jesus coming."

People who are holding to their theory sometimes become to prideful and hard-headed and it's something we should avoid as a Christian. Like a verse I read this morning, 2 timothy 2:14 "Remind them of these things, and charge them before God not to quarrel about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers."
discussing the word of God is fine but when people become harsh on their words, you know that God wouldn't want you to deal with those people and flee as you already talk to them enough.

Moreaboutyou

Established
yes and in my other reply i said already my stance on rapture and tribulation theories. It's always acceptable to discuss and talk about this but never take it as truth because we don't know when He's coming. The thing is that a lot of people who talk about this always end up believing in their theory like "no you can't convince me otherwise!" or "no that's totally wrong and deception, it's false!" instead of talking about it by admitting that "we don't know when and everything could possible since only Father knows this and we just need to warned and prepared for Jesus coming."

People who are holding to their theory sometimes become to prideful and hard-headed and it's something we should avoid as a Christian. Like a verse I read this morning, 2 timothy 2:14 "Remind them of these things, and charge them before God not to quarrel about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers."
discussing the word of God is fine but when people become harsh on their words, you know that God wouldn't want you to deal with those people and flee as you already talk to them enough.
YES! I was glad to see that everyone played nice in here. And it is not just with the rapture either. It is very easy for us to become hard of hearing others when we are so sure of our beliefs. The only belief we should be hard headed about is that Jesus is the son of God! No one is changing my mind there ;)

DavidSon

Star
Just like David Wilkerson said who cares about pre mid or post trip xD My position is any trib!
Just focus on Jesus Christ and always have a ready heart to welcome Him knowing everything that happens is according to His prophecy and we honour that. I don’t really care if He’s coming post or mid trib tbh, it will be scary but God is good and He will be with His people.
This post really speaks to what I believe. There is a % of those who ally themselves to Jesus who don't hold the Book of Revelation as literal prophesy, or above His teachings.

There is a difference between a religion "about Christ" vs the religion "OF CHRIST"!

The simple reality is He was traveling around the region without possessions, money, food, or change of clothes. He was spiritually driven, preaching the Kingdom of Heaven; The Kingdom of God. When Jesus arrived in a town the first place they went was to the temple to teach and praise the Living God. He was dedicated to healing/curing the sick everywhere He was led.

I was thinking lately, Yeshua never went out of the way to debate the false priests and scribes, they started fights with Him! Every time the Word of God was being uplifted the parasites showed up to test Him.

I just hope for Christians to stay with Jesus's words and example. Put our imagination into ways we can help the lost and suffering.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
100 percent post-trib. There is a great video on YouTube called after the tribulation. It uses scripture to explain the post-trib rapture.
One thing I am glad about is that our salvation and fellowship is not based on something that hasn’t happened yet!!!

If the pre-trib believers are wrong, we will have spent our time up to the seven year covenant sharing the Gospel and doing what we can (time is short and it will be night presently). I can’t speak for anyone else but if it came to it, I would never renounce my faith because I misinterpreted the timing of our departure (my faith is not in a n event but in the person of Jesus Christ).

If I were of a post-trib persuasion I might have the impression that there may be a time then the Antichrist appears and shows his hand, and perhaps think that that might be an excellent moment to share the Gospel, with all the cards on the table.

Post or pre, if you look to the Lord, you know where you’re headed!

One thing I am glad about is that our salvation and fellowship is not based on something that hasn’t happened yet!!!

If the pre-trib believers are wrong, we will have spent our time up to the seven year covenant sharing the Gospel and doing what we can (time is short and it will be night presently). I can’t speak for anyone else but if it came to it, I would never renounce my faith because I misinterpreted the timing of our departure (my faith is not in a n event but in the person of Jesus Christ).

If I were of a post-trib persuasion I might have the impression that there may be a time then the Antichrist appears and shows his hand, and perhaps think that that might be an excellent moment to share the Gospel, with all the cards on the table.

Post or pre, if you look to the Lord, you know where you’re headed!
Amen! I think Matthew 24 supports a post-trip rapture. We don't know the exact moment that Jesus will come, but we do know that certain things must happen before he does come. These things are detailed and Matthew 24. Matthew 24:29 starts out describing how the day of the Lord comes after the tribulation and the day of the Lord equals the rapture.

Axl888

Established
I would really hope for pre-tribulation, but it seems to me that it would be mid-tribulation, considering Matthew 24:21-22

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

I believe the elect will endure half of the 7-year great tribulation, and then rapture will occur (I believe before the opening of the 6th seal in Book of Revelation Chapter 6).

Stephania

Star
The rapture is not a biblical concept. No where in the Bible does it say that Christians don't have to go through tribulation and get out of the world during that time while everyone else suffers LoL in fact. It says we suffer a lot and to be prepared for it because of the antichrist'. (The antichrists are not general Muslims, btw)

Last edited:
The rapture is not a biblical concept. No where in the Bible does it say that Christians don't have to go through tribulation and get out of the world during that time while everyone else suffers LoL in fact. It says we suffer a lot and to be prepared for it because of the antichrist'. (The antichrists are not general Muslims, btw)
The rapture is biblical doctrine (1 Thes. 5:9 says the Church is not appointed to wrath) and the Scriptures from 5:1-8 is about the day of the tribulation beforehand.. Christ warns the false church to repent and He will keep us from the hour of temptation that will come upon the earth to try all them that dwell upon the earth (Rev. 3:10). The trump will sound and Christ will say to the Church, "come up here" and I will show you things that MUST be hereafter. (After what? After the Church is complete, The rapture) Rev. 4:1. It will look like this: There shall two be in the field, one will be taken, the other one will be left, Two woman will be grinding at the mill one will be taken and the other one left, (Matt. 24:36-51) Anti Christ are all who deny Christ is the Son of God. And there are many anti Christ and have been since the time of the Apostles.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
(The antichrists are not general Muslims, btw)
Aren’t they though? They deny Jesus is the Son.
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:22‬
Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.​

The rapture is not a biblical concept.
Yes it is.
‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭4:14-17‬ ‭
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.​

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Rev. 3:10). The trump will sound and Christ will say to the Church, "come up here" and I will show you things that MUST be hereafter. (After what? After the Church is complete, The rapture)
That’s not a rapture verse...that’s just what happened to John so that John could write to us about the end times.

That’s not a rapture verse...that’s just what happened to John so that John could write to us about the end times.
Not Rev. 3:10, But 4:1. Compare with 1 Cor. 15:51-58. These Epistles are written to the Church...not to the world of men. Christ is not saving the world at this time, He is calling out His Church (Jew and Gentile, the one new man) to rule with Him when He comes upon the earth to rule. Rev. 4:1...….Not Rev. 3:10. Rev. 3:10 is a promise to keep the Church from the Time of testing upon the earth. (Everything written in the Epistles from Acts to Revelations chapter 4 is to and about the purpose of the Church...not Israel or the Gentile. The time of Israel's testing is Revelations Chapters 5 and on. That is when most people will be saved....more than you can count. Rev. 7:9-10.

Lisa

Superstar
Not Rev. 3:10, But 4:1. Compare with 1 Cor. 15:51-58. These Epistles are written to the Church...not to the world of men. Christ is not saving the world at this time, He is calling out His Church (Jew and Gentile, the one new man) to rule with Him when He comes upon the earth to rule. Rev. 4:1...….Not Rev. 3:10. Rev. 3:10 is a promise to keep the Church from the Time of testing upon the earth. (Everything written in the Epistles from Acts to Revelations chapter 4 is to and about the purpose of the Church...not Israel or the Gentile. The time of Israel's testing is Revelations Chapters 5 and on. That is when most people will be saved....more than you can count. Rev. 7:9-10.
No revelation 3:10 isn’t a promise to keep the church from the tribulation but to keep them from the wrath of God.
The whole concept of the church not being in the tribulation because they aren’t mentioned again after revelation 4 is false as well. It would make no sense to tell the church all that is coming upon the earth if we aren’t going to be here to experience it. Why would the church need to endure or persevere like Jesus tells us in the letters to the churches? What could we have to persevere in? O that’s right...the things to come. There will be some Christians alive at the time of the rapture, they are the ones who need to persevere and endure to get to the rapture.

And the rapture I’m talking about is not pre trib, it’s pre wrath. We Christians will be here for the tribulation and we will go through the things that the rest of the world does but it’s because God is leaving us for our testimony of Him.
Mark‬ ‭13:9-11, 13‬ ‭
But be on your guard; for they will deliver you to the courts, and you will be flogged in the synagogues, and you will stand before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them. The gospel must first be preached to all the nations. When they arrest you and hand you over, do not worry beforehand about what you are to say, but say whatever is given you in that hour; for it is not you who speak, but it is the Holy Spirit.

You will be hated by all because of My name, but the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.
‭‭
Then there will also be martyrs in the tribulation..
Revelation‬ ‭6:9-11‬ ‭
When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained; and they cried out with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, will You refrain from judging and avenging our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” And there was given to each of them a white robe; and they were told that they should rest for a little while longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren who were to be killed even as they had been, would be completed also.
‭‭​
Some people believe the left behind guy when he says that the Christians in the tribulation are people who will become Christians after the real Christians are raptured but that never made any sense to me.

First of all whose gonna want to be a Christian after the rapture and why would God leave baby Christians here to testify about Him and not us more mature Christians who’ve been Christians for years and years? And is that what God does? Saves people from experiencing hard times? No, you experience hard times but you do it with God and that tribulation will be the same thing.

Also we are going to be here at least to the midway point because the anti christ will be revealed in the middle of the tribulation at the abomination of desolation..
‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭2:1-4‬ ‭
Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
It has been suggested by some that the idea of the Rapture was the brainchild of John Nelson Derby and relied on the Schofield translation of the Bible. It turns out the concept of the Rapture greatly predates these guys and is mentioned by a number of early church writers...

Amos 5:18 (NKJV)

18 Woe to you who desire the day of the Lord!
For what good is the day of the Lord to you?
It will be darkness, and not light.

Last edited:

Stephania

Star
The rapture is biblical doctrine (1 Thes. 5:9 says the Church is not appointed to wrath) and the Scriptures from 5:1-8 is about the day of the tribulation beforehand.. Christ warns the false church to repent and He will keep us from the hour of temptation that will come upon the earth to try all them that dwell upon the earth (Rev. 3:10). The trump will sound and Christ will say to the Church, "come up here" and I will show you things that MUST be hereafter. (After what? After the Church is complete, The rapture) Rev. 4:1. It will look like this: There shall two be in the field, one will be taken, the other one will be left, Two woman will be grinding at the mill one will be taken and the other one left, (Matt. 24:36-51) Anti Christ are all who deny Christ is the Son of God. And there are many anti Christ and have been since the time of the Apostles.
Ohhh. Ok. Then explain to me the tribulation period. Just because God is with us doesn't mean we are taken away from suffering. The Bible clearly states we will suffer. But continue on in your Disneyland Jesus if you must :rolleyes: