The Rapture

TokiEl

Superstar
I feel like you're just playing games. Can you answer this question: Are the 144,000 from the tribes the Bible says they are from, or are they not? Just yes, or no, please.
The tribe of Reuben Gad Asher etc etc are not Jews (tribe of Judah).

TokiEl

Superstar
If you are saved, you know it. It's how it is.

Perfect love casts out fear. I trust Jesus with my eternity and try to live each day for Him by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Sure i'm just concerned for those who will say... Lord Lord did we not...

They thought they were good with the Lord.

They were very surprised when He told them plainly... I don't know you.

Now i know why.

Why do you call me Lord Lord and not do what I say ?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Sure i'm just concerned for those who will say... Lord Lord did we not...

They thought they were good with the Lord.

They were very surprised when He told them plainly... I don't know you.

Now i know why.

Why do you call me Lord Lord and not do what I say ?
What things would the Lord have you do, @TokiEl ?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Things like... If you love me you will keep my commandments.

And being a good samaritan. And... all He said. He spoke a lot.
Is it your belief that Christianity, as far as most people understand it, encourages a disregard of God's standards?

TokiEl

Superstar
Is it your belief that Christianity, as far as most people understand it, encourages a disregard of God's standards?
It's more like a just believe in Jesus and that's it.

Faith is all you need.

Do you believe in Jesus Christ ? Congratulations you are now saved !

And by the way...there is nothing you can do to loose it.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
It's more like a just believe in Jesus and that's it.

Faith is all you need.

Do you believe in Jesus Christ ? Congratulations you are now saved !

And by the way...there is nothing you can do to loose it.
Put the case that the above were true, and that the Son of God allowed his body to be broken for you @TokiEl -

Would you be grateful? Would this change the way you lived and who you lived for?

TokiEl

Superstar
Put the case that the above were true, and that the Son of God allowed his body to be broken for you @TokiEl -

Would you be grateful? Would this change the way you lived and who you lived for?
But we have many who will say... Lord Lord did we not this and that...

And He will say... Why do you call me Lord Lord and not do what I say ?

What did He say we should do ?

PlaneJane

Established
TokiEl
I believe that the 144,000 consists of 12,000 from each tribe of Jacob. 12 sons.
I believe that most Israelites have more than 1 of those tribes bloodlines, but perhaps based on our personalities, Yahweh may categorize us.
Joseph’s 2 sons are a bit confusing to me, as they were both significantly blessed.

Since Ephraim and Manasseh have had everything handed to them on a silver platter, and so many have fallen off to the far left side.....do you think we’ve lost most of them?
Like spoiled rich and indulgent brats that have squandered off their inheritance leaving the mass of Joseph down to just 12,000?

TokiEl

Superstar
Why are you unable to answer a simple question, @TokiEl?

Are the 144,000 from the tribes God says they are from, or not? Yes, or no.
Yes but you think all the tribes are Jews which they are not as Jews are only the tribe of Judah.

The 144 000 are blameless Christians from the 12 tribes of Israel.

12 000 of them are Messianic Jews from the tribe of Judah.

The rest are blameless Christians around the world who do not know that they are from the ten tribes of Israel.

TokiEl

Superstar
TokiEl
I believe that the 144,000 consists of 12,000 from each tribe of Jacob. 12 sons.
I believe that most Israelites have more than 1 of those tribes bloodlines, but perhaps based on our personalities, Yahweh may categorize us.
Joseph’s 2 sons are a bit confusing to me, as they were both significantly blessed.
You and i may very well be from one of the tribes of Israel... as most if not all people.

Jews in Israel are predominantly from the tribe of Judah and Benjamin.

These 144 000 are described as blameless Christians who will be sealed by God at the time of His wrath.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Is the Rapture really just escapism?*

John 16:33

These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

*Or is there more to it?

**Parts one, two and three were very good as well!

Last edited:

Dalit

Star
Revelation 21:10-14 (NASB)
10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Her brilliance was like a very costly stone, as a stone of crystal-clear jasper. 12 It had a great and high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names were written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel. 13 There were three gates on the east and three gates on the north and three gates on the south and three gates on the west. 14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundation stones, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. [emphasis mine]

Never really saw this before until yesterday at Precept Bible study. Thought it fit here. Looks like Jew and Gentile believers will be there in the New Jerusalem. :)

Allegra

Veteran
Just like David Wilkerson said who cares about pre mid or post trip xD My position is any trib!
Just focus on Jesus Christ and always have a ready heart to welcome Him knowing everything that happens is according to His prophecy and we honour that. I don’t really care if He’s coming post or mid trib tbh, it will be scary but God is good and He will be with His people.

Vytas

Star
Just like David Wilkerson said who cares about pre mid or post trip xD My position is any trib!
Just focus on Jesus Christ and always have a ready heart to welcome Him knowing everything that happens is according to His prophecy and we honour that. I don’t really care if He’s coming post or mid trib tbh, it will be scary but God is good and He will be with His people.
You have right mindset...I used to be prophecy junkie...Even based my Rl decisions in accordance with things i thought will happen. So dumb...And when you so focused on all doom and gloom, loving your neighbor, relationship with Jesus, your spiritual condition, all those things that really matters ends up in second place...