The Rapture

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Ohhh. Ok. Then explain to me the tribulation period. Just because God is with us doesn't mean we are taken away from suffering. The Bible clearly states we will suffer. But continue on in your Disneyland Jesus if you must :rolleyes:
I think is a question of terminology. It is patently clear that Christians round the world are not spared tribulation. I read Tom Doyle’s book “Killing Christians” a few years ago and it put my small troubles into perspective..

601CC67A-43C4-4543-B1C0-6B6F71E61A18.jpeg

This kind of tribulation is of the kind the church has faced from the times of the apostles onwards.

“The Tribulation” is talked of as something distinct and qualitatively different from all trouble that has hit the world before.

Ohhh. Ok. Then explain to me the tribulation period. Just because God is with us doesn't mean we are taken away from suffering. The Bible clearly states we will suffer. But continue on in your Disneyland Jesus if you must :rolleyes:
Stephania, if you were a born again believer, you would not be so snippet about the Truth. Did you even study the Scriptures that were given? Of course the Church suffers, It suffer because it is not living under the principles of this world, The world hates us as it did Christ. I can testify to that. (John 17:11-26) Study it. But the tribulation is God's wrath upon an unbelieving Israel and the nations. The Church is not in that wrath, because The Church is not appointed to wrath. I have suffered much because I did not walk in the ways of the world. It sounds as if you have not suffered, and are waiting for the tribulation to suffer. Have you gone along with the crowd of friends that have shunned someone because they just did not like them? Have you cheated on your taxes? Have you thought more highly of yourself above others because you claim to be a Christian. Have you helped out a stranger with money, not expecting it back? Have you had friends that turned on you but you did not retaliated? Have you seen someone prosper when you were in need but did not be resentful. Have you prayed for your enemies. Being sick or financially strapped is not Spiritual suffering, it is a fact of life. Have you supported missionaries and pray for Israel and the peace of Jerusalem? God does not play the lottery! You must die to self and live unto Christ...and get filled with the Spirit.
In His Eternal Mercy and Grace
Douglas Summers

You are right Vytas. God just wants us to focus on Him. He loves our attention. He is really a friend.
To focus on Christ is to be born again, Then, It is not I, but Christ. Christ quit calling us servants and friends after His death and resurrection. He now calls us His brethren.(John 15:15-17; 20:17) Our relationship to Christ is savior and Brother. We have become son's of God by receiving His holy Spirit.(Romans Chapter 8) God is now our Father and Christ our Brother. Christ is not our King or King of the Church, He is the Head of the Church and we are His body, (Eph. 1:22; 4:15-16) And we will rule with Christ as priest and kings and we will also judge with Christ.

Last edited: