The purpose of life in Christianity

It’s not something we are called to do. Jesus gave His life for all, which is not the same as me giving my life for one. I can’t save anyone and they must first believe to be saved. When they do that I don’t need to give my life for theirs they are saved themselves. But first they must hear it, that’s where I come in..sharing the Good News.
Why are you squirming? I said "if you were given the chance". It's a hypothetical situation. What would you do?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
so you wouldn't do it if you were given the chance? Why not?
I think it’s one of those questions a bit like “if there was a fire in your house, would you try to save your son or your daughter” - a challenging question that doesn’t really shed s lot of light...

I think it’s one of those questions a bit like “if there was a fire in your house, would you try to save your son or your daughter” - a challenging question that doesn’t really shed s lot of light...
It doesn't shed light unless you allow it. Why do so many resist it? I don't think it's a challenging question. It reveals the paradox of our own survival instinct. It's only a difficult question if you avoid it. We want to delay answering it, because deep-down we know if we had to make a rash decision in a split-second, many of us would absolutely die to save someone else, and this is an unacknowledged source of fear for most people. If you want to know what you would ultimately do if you had to decide RIGHT NOW... just remind yourself that firefighters and other first-responders risk their own life and don't question it while in the moment. If they did they would not be good at their job.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Why are you squirming? I said "if you were given the chance". It's a hypothetical situation. What would you do?
I’m not squirming, you don’t have to do it. If someone believes than they are saved. That’s the only way to the Father. I can’t give up my place and an unbeliever take it...they must believe. And if they believe, there is no reason for me to do it.

I’m not squirming, you don’t have to do it. If someone believes than they are saved. That’s the only way to the Father. I can’t give up my place and an unbeliever take it...they must believe. And if they believe, there is no reason for me to do it.
You're just repeating what you already said. Do you know what 'hypothetical' means?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
It doesn't shed light unless you allow it. Why do so many resist it? I don't think it's a challenging question. It reveals the paradox of our own survival instinct. It's only a difficult question if you avoid it. We want to delay answering it, because deep-down we know if we had to make a rash decision in a split-second, many of us would absolutely die to save someone else, and this is an unacknowledged source of fear for most people. If you want to know what you would ultimately do if you had to decide RIGHT NOW... just remind yourself that firefighters and other first-responders risk their own life and don't question it while in the moment. If they did they would not be good at their job.
You are comparing two unlike things @Faker He-Man

On the one hand we have altruism and self sacrifice where a good person would face death to save another person. This is possible and sometimes happens in this life.

The other is a non possibility as it is not possible to face eternal separation from God in exchange for another.

Wigi

Veteran
Question for anyone: If God told you "you believed, so you are saved, and you're free to take your place in heaven, but I am giving you the choice for someone else to take your place in heaven instead"

In this purely hypothetical scenario, what is your answer?
Kinda weird to take God's decision and decide who gets to heaven despite how little they cared about their soul.

Jesus already did this for me, I mean taking my place for punishment.
I think I would simply say: I can't enter heaven by my terms and in fact i'm not more deserving than anyone else.

Jesus said if you come to Him, He will come to you. So there you go, as long as i'm not separated from Him and I'm able to rejoice and say Jesus you're here, anywhere He sends me instead would still be my heaven.

Plus if i'm gifted bonus lifetime to testify, write and draw the few things I saw while I was out of this world, why not?

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
No one comes to the Father except through the Son...
John‬ ‭14:6‬ ‭
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
‭‭
So you see I did answer your question @Faker He-Man truthfully. I can’t give up my place to someone who isn’t saved and if they are saved, I don’t have to give up my place. There is no hypothetical here.

LOL you guys. Anything to avoid answering it, eh? Answer it for your own sake, not mine. It's meant for reflection and self-knowledge, nothing more.

You are comparing two unlike things @Faker He-Man

On the one hand we have altruism and self sacrifice where a good person would face death to save another person. This is possible and sometimes happens in this life.

The other is a non possibility as it is not possible to face eternal separation from God in exchange for another.
and if it were possible?