The Psychological Legacy of 9/11

Karlysymon

Superstar
Collective trauma. They had boots on the ground to study the effects within hours from Columbia university. That’s either pretty well planned or massively coincidental.

https://news.columbia.edu/news/researcher-finds-911-attacks-led-new-understanding-mass-trauma

They succeeded spectacularly at cutting the balls off an entire generation... rolling back practically every general freedom and economic gain we had acquired over the last couple decades.

You had columbine, then 911, the wars and the economic collapse of 08 back to back to back... they castrated us to the point that 18 years later we are still accepting whatever crumbs they throw us because we are scared to death of starving.

Imo there was the world pre 911 and the world post. They don’t even resemble each other. This could be a bias perspective based on where I live, I don’t know if it’s so extreme further away from nyc.
How are the castrated dealing with the castration?
Deaths of Despair

The rise of millennial and Gen Z "deaths of despair" can be traced to the yawning gap between reality and expectations. Raised on the myths of the American Dream, these are the first Americans to experience a markedly lower standard of living than their parents, the Baby Boomers who grew prosperous on the fruits of the postwar economic boom. The national debt has ballooned, driven by two decades of an unwinnable war whose cost is poised to top $6 trillion, and the Pentagon’s budget has swollen to an unprecedented size even as cuts to social services have decimated what little social safety net Americans could once count on. Multiple rounds of tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations destroyed the government’s revenue base, and perhaps unsurprisingly, economic inequality has grown to exceed even the rates seen during the Great Depression

justjess

Superstar
How are the castrated dealing with the castration?
Deaths of Despair

The rise of millennial and Gen Z "deaths of despair" can be traced to the yawning gap between reality and expectations. Raised on the myths of the American Dream, these are the first Americans to experience a markedly lower standard of living than their parents, the Baby Boomers who grew prosperous on the fruits of the postwar economic boom. The national debt has ballooned, driven by two decades of an unwinnable war whose cost is poised to top $6 trillion, and the Pentagon’s budget has swollen to an unprecedented size even as cuts to social services have decimated what little social safety net Americans could once count on. Multiple rounds of tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations destroyed the government’s revenue base, and perhaps unsurprisingly, economic inequality has grown to exceed even the rates seen during the Great Depression
It’s a sad world we’re living in...

Awoken2

Superstar
Kids in the video say 'the' pet goat while the title of the video and you say 'my' pet goat.
Is this another of that mandela effect?Or simply misremembering facts?
Indeed there was no "my" in the classroom. It was just The Pet Goat.

But when you learn about how those Skull and Bones boys are initiated into the club then "riding the goat" is a big favourite to make sure nobody gives any secrets away.

Coercive control and blackmail is a great asset to keep your puppets in check.

Karlysymon

Superstar
I think the psychological impact of this event varies greatly dependent on which narrative you believe to be true.
For the majority, who swallowed the "official narrative" I'd hazard a guess that they developed feelings of fear, disgust, vulnerability and hatred towards all Muslims, as intended.

If you're interested in the summary of the documentary on the Media Education Foundation website, it's located here: https://shop.mediaed.org/reel-bad-arabs-p133.aspx
Karl Rove and the Cultural Impact of 9/11
"Almost immediately after 9/11 Rove was sent out to Hollywood to effectively recruit tinseltown to the cause of the War on Terror. In a series of meetings from September to December 2001 he met with dozens of studio executives, writers and producers and other entertainment bigwigs. Alongside him in this effort was MPAA chief Jack Valenti, himself a former White House Special Advisor just like Rove.

So while the White House weren’t specifically saying what content they wanted to see, they were talking about specific messages and political/psychological results that they wanted to see. Which in many ways is much worse. If they’d said they wanted a new game show where contestants compete to win a trip to a military base in Afghanistan that would be one thing, but by describing the things they wanted the American public to feel and believe that’s much broader and more insidious."

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
For me personally and like so many others, 9-11was the beginning of really seeing things differently. It's that "They Live " - Roddy Piper/Nada moment when he puts on the glasses for the first time. Walking around stunned. I knew the system was corrupt but to what extent and how deep it got - I had no idea. Michael Moore puts out Fahrenheit 9-11and that got the ball rolling. Loose Change, Zeitgeist and a slew of other films blew my mind. Serious cognitive dissonance. (I soon realized the truther community was compromised as well)

I also realized that the hidden evil in this world was showing its self, no longer hidden and with a sense of in-your-face-arrogance. Suddenly the superficial world that I embraced - movies, TV, music, sports - all seemed like giant manufactured distractions and propaganda. I became like Neo with Morpheus at the beginning of The Matrix. Anyways, 9-11 - the end of the innocence for me for sure.

Stephania

Star
While there are a couple of 9/11 threads, my intent for the thread is to explore the psychological aspect of the event and if it indeed was meant to fragment the collective psyche and how everyone thinks the global society tried to cope in the aftermath.
I was driving to work when it came on the radio that a plane hit the world trade center. When I got there I told others there and they didn't know yet. We were all very confused. I called a customer in New York, and she told me that they all just watched a second plane hit the second tower and were also very confused.. and scared. By the time the Pentagon got hit, we all got sent home. I was really scared and confused. I remember stopping at 7/11 on my way home and stocking up on water so I wouldn't have to leave my house for days. Then when I got home, I turned on the TV. This did not help my confusion. When they showed a spokesperson from Al Qaeda and said they did it.. I found it even more confusing. I was like, how did they figure this out so fast?
By the time Bush declared war on Iraq, which also made no sense to me, and watched loose change on the internet.. I never watched TV again. I had my cable turned off. And everything else, from politics to culture started making no sense to me either from that time. I mean.. what the media was doing. That was the first time in my life that I actually bought a Bible. (Not that I didn't grow up with Bibles in my house, or was not Christian, I was just more worldly at the time)
Because in conspiracy sites.. the passage in Isaiah popped up: "Thy heart shall think upon the terror. Who are they that weighed the tribute, and who are they that counted the towers? Thou shall no longer see this people of a deep speech which you cannot understand."

So I guess my answer to your question is.. I think it caused chaos and confusion in the collective psyche and still does to this day until an intervention hapoens. And opened up a vortex of hell on Earth, both politically and entertainment-wise. It also changed the way I viewed the world forever. I began to question everything.

Awoken2

Superstar
Back in 1992 had the privilege of taking a helicopter ride around the Manhattan skyline. I have pictures of the towers taken from just a few hundred metres with my own camera. It's not until you got close to the building could you appreciate the sheer immensity of the structures.

When I watched them fall to the ground on tv I just had this sick feeling in my stomach because. I couldn't understand how just two planes could cause those buildings to disintegrate.

When all the exposè documentaries started coming out all my questions got answered.

Stephania

Star
I saw 'loose change' because a daughter of a firefighter who died on 9/11 sent it to me on MySpace after me questioning the narrative there. Talk about an eye opening heart breaking thing. She was literally like- my dad was a firefighter who died on 9/11- watch this.

Last edited:

saki

Star
...I believe that this is a UK publication (not certain).... I never came across anything written with this angle of analysis until many years after 2001..... This is from 2002.... wish I would/could have looked past all the 'Rah-Rah-USA' rallying cries for 'patriotism' and to go to war with Iraq/Saddam Hussein....

https://www.newstatesman.com/node/192545

16 DECEMBER 2002

John Pilger reveals the American plan: a new Pearl Harbour
Two years ago a project set up by the men who now surround George W Bush said what America needed was a “catastrophic and catalysing event”.

BYJOHN PILGER

The threat posed by US terrorism to the security of nations and individuals was outlined in prophetic detail in a document written more than two years ago and disclosed only recently. What was needed for America to dominate much of humanity and the world’s resources, it said, was “some catastrophic and catalysing event - like a new Pearl Harbor”.

The attacks of 11 September 2001 provided the “new Pearl Harbor”, described as “the opportunity of ages”. The extremists who have since exploited 11 September come from the era of Ronald Reagan, when far-right groups and “think-tanks” were established to avenge the American “defeat” in Vietnam. In the 1990s, there was an added agenda: to justify the denial of a “peace dividend” following the cold war. The Project for the New American Century was formed, along with the American Enterprise Institute, the Hudson Institute and others that have since merged the ambitions of the Reagan administration with those of the current Bush regime.

One of George W Bush’s “thinkers” is Richard Perle. I interviewed Perle when he was advising Reagan; and when he spoke about “total war”, I mistakenly dismissed him as mad. He recently used the term again in describing America’s “war on terror”. “No stages,” he said. “This is total war. We are fighting a variety of enemies. There are lots of them out there. All this talk about first we are going to do Afghanistan, then we will do Iraq . . . this is entirely the wrong way to go about it. If we just let our vision of the world go forth, and we embrace it entirely and we don’t try to piece together clever diplomacy, but just wage a total war . . . our children will sing great songs about us years from now.”

Perle is one of the founders of the Project for the New American Century, the PNAC. Other founders include Dick Cheney, now vice-president, Donald Rumsfeld, defence secretary, Paul Wolfowitz, deputy defence secretary, I Lewis Libby, Cheney’s chief of staff, William J Bennett, Reagan’s education secretary, and Zalmay Khalilzad, Bush’s ambassador to Afghanistan. These are the modern chartists of American terrorism.

The PNAC's seminal report, Rebuilding America’s Defences: strategy, forces and resources for a new century, was a blueprint of American aims in all but name. Two years ago it recommended an increase in arms-spending by $48bn so that Washington could "fight and win multiple, simultaneous major theatre wars". This has happened. It said the United States should develop "bunker-buster" nuclear weapons and make "star wars" a national priority. This is happening. It said that, in the event of Bush taking power, Iraq should be a target. And so it is.

As for Iraq’s alleged “weapons of mass destruction”, these were dismissed, in so many words, as a convenient excuse, which it is. “While the unresolved conflict with Iraq provides the immediate justification,” it says, “the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam Hussein.”

How has this grand strategy been implemented? A series of articles in the Washington Post, co-authored by Bob Woodward of Watergate fame and based on long interviews with senior members of the Bush administration, reveals how 11 September was manipulated.

On the morning of 12 September 2001, without any evidence of who the hijackers were, Rumsfeld demanded that the US attack Iraq. According to Woodward, Rumsfeld told a cabinet meeting that Iraq should be "a principal target of the first round in the war against terrorism". Iraq was temporarily spared only because Colin Powell, the secretary of state, persuaded Bush that "public opinion has to be prepared before a move against Iraq is possible". Afghanistan was chosen as the softer option. If Jonathan Steele's estimate in the Guardian is correct, some 20,000 people in Afghanistan paid the price of this debate with their lives.

Time and again, 11 September is described as an "opportunity". In last April's New Yorker, the investigative reporter Nicholas Lemann wrote that Bush's most senior adviser, Condoleezza Rice, told him she had called together senior members of the National Security Council and asked them "to think about 'how do you capitalise on these opportunities'", which she compared with those of "1945 to 1947": the start of the cold war.

Since 11 September, America has established bases at the gateways to all the major sources of fossil fuels, especially central Asia. The Unocal oil company is to build a pipeline across Afghanistan. Bush has scrapped the Kyoto Protocol on greenhouse gas emissions, the war crimes provisions of the International Criminal Court and the anti-ballistic missile treaty. He has said he will use nuclear weapons against non-nuclear states “if necessary”. Under cover of propaganda about Iraq’s alleged weapons of mass destruction, the Bush regime is developing new weapons of mass destruction that undermine international treaties on biological and chemical warfare.

In the Los Angeles Times, the military analyst William Arkin describes a secret army set up by Donald Rumsfeld, similar to those run by Richard Nixon and Henry Kissinger and which Congress outlawed. This "super-intelligence support activity" will bring together the "CIA and military covert action, information warfare, and deception". According to a classified document prepared for Rumsfeld, the new organisation, known by its Orwellian moniker as the Proactive Pre-emptive Operations Group, or P2OG, will provoke terrorist attacks which would then require "counter-attack" by the United States on countries "harbouring the terrorists".

In other words, innocent people will be killed by the United States. This is reminiscent of Operation Northwoods, the plan put to President Kennedy by his military chiefs for a phoney terrorist campaign - complete with bombings, hijackings, plane crashes and dead Americans - as justification for an invasion of Cuba. Kennedy rejected it. He was assassinated a few months later. Now Rumsfeld has resurrected Northwoods, but with resources undreamt of in 1963 and with no global rival to invite caution.

You have to keep reminding yourself this is not fantasy: that truly dangerous men, such as Perle and Rumsfeld and Cheney, have power. The thread running through their ruminations is the importance of the media: “the prioritised task of bringing on board journalists of repute to accept our position”.

“Our position” is code for lying. Certainly, as a journalist, I have never known official lying to be more pervasive than today. We may laugh at the vacuities in Tony Blair’s “Iraq dossier” and Jack Straw’s inept lie that Iraq has developed a nuclear bomb (which his minions rushed to “explain”). But the more insidious lies, justifying an unprovoked attack on Iraq and linking it to would-be terrorists who are said to lurk in every Tube station, are routinely channelled as news. They are not news; they are black propaganda.

This corruption makes journalists and broadcasters mere ventriloquists’ dummies. An attack on a nation of 22 million suffering people is discussed by liberal commentators as if it were a subject at an academic seminar, at which pieces can be pushed around a map, as the old imperialists used to do.

The issue for these humanitarians is not primarily the brutality of modern imperial domination, but how “bad” Saddam Hussein is. There is no admission that their decision to join the war party further seals the fate of perhaps thousands of innocent Iraqis condemned to wait on America’s international death row. Their doublethink will not work. You cannot support murderous piracy in the name of humanitarianism. Moreover, the extremes of American fundamentalism that we now face have been staring at us for too long for those of good heart and sense not to recognise them.

Last edited:

saki

Star
For me personally and like so many others, 9-11was the beginning of really seeing things differently. It's that "They Live " - Roddy Piper/Nada moment when he puts on the glasses for the first time. Walking around stunned. I knew the system was corrupt but to what extent and how deep it got - I had no idea. Michael Moore puts out Fahrenheit 9-11and that got the ball rolling. Loose Change, Zeitgeist and a slew of other films blew my mind. Serious cognitive dissonance. (I soon realized the truther community was compromised as well)

I also realized that the hidden evil in this world was showing its self, no longer hidden and with a sense of in-your-face-arrogance. Suddenly the superficial world that I embraced - movies, TV, music, sports - all seemed like giant manufactured distractions and propaganda. I became like Neo with Morpheus at the beginning of The Matrix. Anyways, 9-11 - the end of the innocence for me for sure.
....sadly, it took years (too many) for my eyes to start opening... rather than the disgust and sadness I should have felt when we invaded Iraq, I was swept-up in right-wing "kill-em-all"/'patriotic' fervor.... quite embarrassed and ashamed of myself now....

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
....sadly, it took years (too many) for my eyes to start opening... rather than the disgust and sadness I should have felt when we invaded Iraq, I was swept-up in right-wing "kill-em-all"/'patriotic' fervor.... quite embarrassed and ashamed of myself now....
I was the same way at the beginning. I bought all the war propaganda that the MSM was putting out at the time. Even went to a war rally in support of the invasion of Iraq. My decision was clearly based on emotion. Completely caught up in that group think mob mentality.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Anyways, 9-11 - the end of the innocence for me for sure.
Me too, even though I didn’t mention it earlier. I feel that I lost my innocence that day (I watched the event live on CNN) or that I was forcefully denuded of my blissful ignorance. There was a “change in the air” and things weren’t how they used to be. That’s why I miss the 90s a lot and don’t like much of the 2000s. For me, one of the apparent changes was noted in music and film/tv shows and it is why I prefer 90s, 80s/70s music. I don’t like much of 2004-onwards music/tv shows.Others have also noted the (overt) degeneration in entertainment circa 2004-2006. Even more interesting, people commenting on music videos from before the year 2000, yearn for/positively speak about the previous decades. I haven’t seen one positive comment about 2001-2010 decade or atleast, the first 5years of the millennium. It’s like everything went downhill after 9/11. Everyone knows and feels it even though it may not be articulated.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
It’s like everything went downhill after 9/11.
I agree completely.

Seems like everything went downhill after 2001 by design. Personally, I was never a big fan of grunge in the 90's. Things were just getting darker and more satanic on a mainstream scale... Then the dark anti hero phase in TV and movies...Breaking bad, Sorpranos, Better Call Saul, Dead Pool, Batman, Fight Club....(Classic TV but still the anti hero)

Seems TPTB don't want truly interesting new music or even clever pop music anymore, at least mainstream artists. And certainly no more John Lennon types shaking up the establishment with anti-war songs about peace and love except maybe the NWO anthem Imagine. Everything is so stagnent today. Its the same old boring MK artists at the award shows doing their satanic occult dance numbers.
Then we have all the big classic rock artists out there on the road in their 70's keeping up their end of the bargain like Dylan said.
I have a friend who sends me new music to sample and every so often I find a band that doesn't sing with one eye shut. It's refreshing.
At least I still have my records and CD's from the 6o's, 70's and 80's with a few newer titles thrown in.

saki

Star
...I believe that this is a UK publication (not certain).... I never came across anything written with this angle of analysis until many years after 2001..... This is from 2002.... wish I would/could have looked past all the 'Rah-Rah-USA' rallying cries for 'patriotism' and to go to war with Iraq/Saddam Hussein....

https://www.newstatesman.com/node/192545

16 DECEMBER 2002

John Pilger reveals the American plan: a new Pearl Harbour
Two years ago a project set up by the men who now surround George W Bush said what America needed was a “catastrophic and catalysing event”.

BYJOHN PILGER

The threat posed by US terrorism to the security of nations and individuals was outlined in prophetic detail in a document written more than two years ago and disclosed only recently. What was needed for America to dominate much of humanity and the world’s resources, it said, was “some catastrophic and catalysing event - like a new Pearl Harbor”.

The attacks of 11 September 2001 provided the “new Pearl Harbor”, described as “the opportunity of ages”. The extremists who have since exploited 11 September come from the era of Ronald Reagan, when far-right groups and “think-tanks” were established to avenge the American “defeat” in Vietnam. In the 1990s, there was an added agenda: to justify the denial of a “peace dividend” following the cold war. The Project for the New American Century was formed, along with the American Enterprise Institute, the Hudson Institute and others that have since merged the ambitions of the Reagan administration with those of the current Bush regime.

One of George W Bush’s “thinkers” is Richard Perle. I interviewed Perle when he was advising Reagan; and when he spoke about “total war”, I mistakenly dismissed him as mad. He recently used the term again in describing America’s “war on terror”. “No stages,” he said. “This is total war. We are fighting a variety of enemies. There are lots of them out there. All this talk about first we are going to do Afghanistan, then we will do Iraq . . . this is entirely the wrong way to go about it. If we just let our vision of the world go forth, and we embrace it entirely and we don’t try to piece together clever diplomacy, but just wage a total war . . . our children will sing great songs about us years from now.”

Perle is one of the founders of the Project for the New American Century, the PNAC. Other founders include Dick Cheney, now vice-president, Donald Rumsfeld, defence secretary, Paul Wolfowitz, deputy defence secretary, I Lewis Libby, Cheney’s chief of staff, William J Bennett, Reagan’s education secretary, and Zalmay Khalilzad, Bush’s ambassador to Afghanistan. These are the modern chartists of American terrorism.

The PNAC's seminal report, Rebuilding America’s Defences: strategy, forces and resources for a new century, was a blueprint of American aims in all but name. Two years ago it recommended an increase in arms-spending by $48bn so that Washington could "fight and win multiple, simultaneous major theatre wars". This has happened. It said the United States should develop "bunker-buster" nuclear weapons and make "star wars" a national priority. This is happening. It said that, in the event of Bush taking power, Iraq should be a target. And so it is.

As for Iraq’s alleged “weapons of mass destruction”, these were dismissed, in so many words, as a convenient excuse, which it is. “While the unresolved conflict with Iraq provides the immediate justification,” it says, “the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam Hussein.”

How has this grand strategy been implemented? A series of articles in the Washington Post, co-authored by Bob Woodward of Watergate fame and based on long interviews with senior members of the Bush administration, reveals how 11 September was manipulated.

On the morning of 12 September 2001, without any evidence of who the hijackers were, Rumsfeld demanded that the US attack Iraq. According to Woodward, Rumsfeld told a cabinet meeting that Iraq should be "a principal target of the first round in the war against terrorism". Iraq was temporarily spared only because Colin Powell, the secretary of state, persuaded Bush that "public opinion has to be prepared before a move against Iraq is possible". Afghanistan was chosen as the softer option. If Jonathan Steele's estimate in the Guardian is correct, some 20,000 people in Afghanistan paid the price of this debate with their lives.

Time and again, 11 September is described as an "opportunity". In last April's New Yorker, the investigative reporter Nicholas Lemann wrote that Bush's most senior adviser, Condoleezza Rice, told him she had called together senior members of the National Security Council and asked them "to think about 'how do you capitalise on these opportunities'", which she compared with those of "1945 to 1947": the start of the cold war.

Since 11 September, America has established bases at the gateways to all the major sources of fossil fuels, especially central Asia. The Unocal oil company is to build a pipeline across Afghanistan. Bush has scrapped the Kyoto Protocol on greenhouse gas emissions, the war crimes provisions of the International Criminal Court and the anti-ballistic missile treaty. He has said he will use nuclear weapons against non-nuclear states “if necessary”. Under cover of propaganda about Iraq’s alleged weapons of mass destruction, the Bush regime is developing new weapons of mass destruction that undermine international treaties on biological and chemical warfare.

In the Los Angeles Times, the military analyst William Arkin describes a secret army set up by Donald Rumsfeld, similar to those run by Richard Nixon and Henry Kissinger and which Congress outlawed. This "super-intelligence support activity" will bring together the "CIA and military covert action, information warfare, and deception". According to a classified document prepared for Rumsfeld, the new organisation, known by its Orwellian moniker as the Proactive Pre-emptive Operations Group, or P2OG, will provoke terrorist attacks which would then require "counter-attack" by the United States on countries "harbouring the terrorists".

In other words, innocent people will be killed by the United States. This is reminiscent of Operation Northwoods, the plan put to President Kennedy by his military chiefs for a phoney terrorist campaign - complete with bombings, hijackings, plane crashes and dead Americans - as justification for an invasion of Cuba. Kennedy rejected it. He was assassinated a few months later. Now Rumsfeld has resurrected Northwoods, but with resources undreamt of in 1963 and with no global rival to invite caution.

You have to keep reminding yourself this is not fantasy: that truly dangerous men, such as Perle and Rumsfeld and Cheney, have power. The thread running through their ruminations is the importance of the media: “the prioritised task of bringing on board journalists of repute to accept our position”.

“Our position” is code for lying. Certainly, as a journalist, I have never known official lying to be more pervasive than today. We may laugh at the vacuities in Tony Blair’s “Iraq dossier” and Jack Straw’s inept lie that Iraq has developed a nuclear bomb (which his minions rushed to “explain”). But the more insidious lies, justifying an unprovoked attack on Iraq and linking it to would-be terrorists who are said to lurk in every Tube station, are routinely channelled as news. They are not news; they are black propaganda.

This corruption makes journalists and broadcasters mere ventriloquists’ dummies. An attack on a nation of 22 million suffering people is discussed by liberal commentators as if it were a subject at an academic seminar, at which pieces can be pushed around a map, as the old imperialists used to do.

The issue for these humanitarians is not primarily the brutality of modern imperial domination, but how “bad” Saddam Hussein is. There is no admission that their decision to join the war party further seals the fate of perhaps thousands of innocent Iraqis condemned to wait on America’s international death row. Their doublethink will not work. You cannot support murderous piracy in the name of humanitarianism. Moreover, the extremes of American fundamentalism that we now face have been staring at us for too long for those of good heart and sense not to recognise them.
....<<reply to myself/update>>...

...just watched a TV commercial for Wounded Warriors Project.... featured were two NY/NJ area natives, looking at the NY skyline from across the Hudson and reminiscing about 'that day' and watching the towers come down on 9/11....
...they enlisted in the military the next day so they could 'fight' this new enemy of freedom... they each appear to be physically intact, so good for that... psychological, lifelong scars are a given...
...however, in light of this above article, I'm disgusted that the above referenced bunch of PNAC wolves got exactly what they wanted... probably far better than they dared to dream, with entire brigades of able-bodied young men standing in line, and volunteering for the 'privilege' of 'serving their country' in a meat-grinder endless "War On Terror" dreamed-up by evil men who view them as disposable... while conditioning an entire nation to happily accept and embrace unprecedented new levels of intrusion and monitoring by faceless bureaucrats....
yeah... I feel stupid , abused, and like some witless rube for falling for the entire thing...

Cocomj

Star
While there are a couple of 9/11 threads, my intent for the thread is to explore the psychological aspect of the event and if it indeed was meant to fragment the collective psyche and how everyone thinks the global society tried to cope in the aftermath.
I agree totally
In a sense they gave everyone a good (in this case bad ) dose of dissociation and ptsd symptoms
:/

saki

Star
....whoops! ...apologies in full! whenever I now see anything related to 9/11, my mind races to replay the events... my 'patriotic' reaction... and years later, my growing disgust at myself and our 'leaders'... and all the other jumble of events and facts surrounding it all....
Did not mean to wander afield from your OP with 9/11 topics which are 'related' but not so directly to your point.... looks like there is already a bunch of that happening around here on these boards, as it is...

I DO believe that 'they' fully intended to produce/induce the very effects we live with today: initial patriotic fervor among the masses (USA - many new military recruits), with happy embrace of intrusive monitoring (Homeland Security/TSA/NSA, etc.) to "keep us safe" and fully reliant on 'Our Government' to protect us... (ie: an unknown and unseen enemy was able to do 9/11 level damage to us and we need to have NSA looking into everybody, including me (doing nothing wrong/nothing to hide) so they can catch the bad guys among us and keep us safe)....

...Probably went a long way toward diminishing/rattling the 'Independent Spirit' folks of my generation lived with all along, with the clear suggestion that only our 'leaders' are capable of preventing another 9/11, but they will be needing our passwords, everyone getting their daily guidance from Siri, and an Alexa in every home.... just to be sure.... but don't worry... those tech advancements are nothing more than personal conveniences to make your life easier and more fulfilling! Nothing to see here... We Got This!