The Psychological Legacy of 9/11

Karlysymon

Superstar
While there are a couple of 9/11 threads, my intent for the thread is to explore the psychological aspect of the event and if it indeed was meant to fragment the collective psyche and how everyone thinks the global society tried to cope in the aftermath.

Awoken2

Superstar
I think the psychological impact of this event varies greatly dependent on which narrative you believe to be true.

For the majority, who swallowed the "official narrative" I'd hazard a guess that they developed feelings of fear, disgust, vulnerability and hatred towards all Muslims, as intended.

For anybody who has looked at all the facts, subsequent investigations and their findings etc they will have feelings of fear, disgust, vulnerability and hatred towards the mainstream media and the American government.

For me personally it changed the way I see the world forever.

polymoog

Superstar
I think the psychological impact of this event varies greatly dependent on which narrative you believe to be true.
For the majority, who swallowed the "official narrative" I'd hazard a guess that they developed feelings of fear, disgust, vulnerability and hatred towards all Muslims, as intended.
For anybody who has looked at all the facts, subsequent investigations and their findings etc they will have feelings of fear, disgust, vulnerability and hatred towards the mainstream media and the American government.

For me personally it changed the way I see the world forever.
well, you pretty much said everything there was to say.

I think it definitely falls into the category of traumatic. It is an event that cannot make sense to the mind so must be kept in the subconscious of most people. It even sticks out in my mind as something unusual, hard to make sense of. There are many atrocities that have happened in the past that can be explained by war, conflict. The 9/11 attacks are not like this, they are unexplainable to common reasoning, totally outside of it. Even the conspiracy side which says it was "an inside job", all that does is tell you there is a roving evil in the United States willing to do anything to serve its purposes.

Thankfully now people have uncovered, what seems to me, to be the truth of what really happened, like Ryan Dawson and Christopher Bollyn, but it still sticks out as an event so horrible and shocking to the common world view it is hard to stomach, and so most people keep it in the subconscious and have irrational opinions and feelings about it, and would prefer to not think about it and graft it onto an easier worldview

Last edited:
I think it definitely falls into the category of traumatic. It is an event that cannot make sense to the mind so must be kept in the subconscious of most people. It even sticks out in my mind as something unusual, hard to make sense of. There are many atrocities that have happened in the past that can be explained by war, conflict. The 9/11 attacks are not like this, they are unexplainable to common reasoning, totally outside of it. Even the conspiracy side which says it was "an inside job", all that does is tell you there is a roving evil in the United States willing to do anything to serve its purposes.

Thankfully now people have uncovered, what seems to me, to be the truth of what really happened, like Ryan Dawson and Christopher Bollyn, but it still sticks out as an event so horrible and shocking to the common world view it is hard to stomach, and so most people keep it in the subconscious and have irrational opinions and feelings about it, and would prefer to not think about it and graft it onto an easier worldview
I would say that after watching the “9/11 Missing Links” documentary, which is mainly material researched by Christopher, is when I realized how much we’re being lied to by MSM and for so many years, I got rid of my cable.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
If the west was not prepared for this 'black op' the Muslim world was even less so.
How fast they deprived Muslims of their rights and have shut down and locked up Islamic activists in the West especially in the US was breathtaking. They tortured and killed millions over lies such as WMD iand 9/11 n the East.
Our prisoners are still in cages and their oppression is hard to contemplate:
https://twitter.com/cageprisoners?lang=en[
CIA AND MI5 TORTURE (MOAZZAM BEGG) DECLASSIFIED PODCAST #6

We are truly faced with the most ruthless and worthless of disbelievers.
Arabic Nasheed Al Aseer | With English Translation

Muslims have been reduced to constant crying out about human rights abuses and not many believing or caring. Then the lengthy explanations about how killing innocents is not allowed under any circumstances in Islam and that even in times of war there are protected groups according to our Path.
Explanations about how groups such as Isis can not be called in any way Islamic and that they are in fact khawarij.
Which means. "Outside the fold of Islam".
With the new phase of attacks on places of worship it is time for Muslims to wake up and revive the warrior spirit for real.
It is time for this sleeping giant to get off its knees and bring back Allah's governance on earth (Muslim Union)and self- defense from oppression.
This doc focuses on one branch of the Zionist World Order.

#nomorewarsforIsrael #hijackednations

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
well, you pretty much said everything there was to say
I beg to differ. I don’t think that the people who sat down to plan this event, probably a decade or two in advance, that it was all they had in mind.
For anybody who has looked at all the facts, subsequent investigations and their findings etc they will have feelings of fear, disgust, vulnerability and hatred towards the mainstream media and the American government
Yes. I agree that 9/11 contributed greatly or swelled anti-American sentiments worldwide. I suppose the gov’t and media anticipated that and doubled down with the propaganda about democracy all the while, the policestate was growing…..an entrenched Fourth Reich.

"Let me see if I understand this situation correctly: in order to wage a war to promote ‘freedom’ and ‘democracy’ around the world, it is necessary to sacrifice those very democratic freedoms here at home.
That makes perfect sense to me, as it apparently does to all the flag-wavers out there who have fallen victim to the relentless war-mongering propaganda being spewed out by our ‘independent’ media. Some of you, by the way, may want to keep those flags readily accessible in the coming months and years. They will come in very handy to drape over the pine boxes that your sons and daughters will be being shipped home in
."

I also think that it created a dissonance, which we very so often see in conspiracy trenches. It is foolish of anyone in said trenches to believe that Muslims orchestrated 9/11 because of the available and exhausted evidence but that is only as far as some will go. “They” believe the MSM lied about the event and the subsequent wars but also believe the MSM’s reporting on every single terror attack blamed on Muslims since 9/11.I cannot even understand how that happens but it is that problematic and shows just how well the propaganda has worked.
If the west was not prepared for this 'black op' the Muslim world was even less so
This is a good point and it could possibly make a thread of its own: how 9/11 changed the Muslim world as evidenced by this.
I believe the impact to have been both positive and negative but the degree is debatable.

Karlysymon

Superstar

I believe that this particular aspect of 9/11 is hardly explored but nevertheless very important, if we are ever to grasp the societal changes in the last 20yrs and the “other” reason for which it was orchestrated by TPTB. Since it was a traumatic event, MKUltra for the mass, then it stands to reason that the mass has had its “Britney moment” every so often. How is the global society reacting to this, embedded in the collective conscience? Is it the pervasive apathy, the acceptance of degenerate entertainment, declining trust in institutions, etc? In the charged climate that was the last two weeks of April, I thought it was interesting that this made news at that time
The World is stressed and angry

Is it possible to make the world angry and stressed at a go? I believe so and that is why I started this thread with the Notre Dame Cathedral fire in mind. Don Henley (Eagles) makes interesting reference to the legacy of these events. Some of his songs have been mentioned in relation to 9/11, apart from the obvious “Hole in the World”.

The End of the Innocence being one of my favorite songs, the Wiki page on the song has this to say:
Also in the video, there are shots of Henley singing in front of the Texas School Book Depository in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas. To Henley, this is where the "end of the innocence" can be found.

Even more interesting, on its impact in those early hours, Stevie Nicks had this to say on 9/11

It seems that, as Don Henley so brilliantly said ~ “This is the end- of the innocence.”

Awoken2

Superstar
I also think that it created a dissonance, which we very so often see in conspiracy trenches. It is foolish of anyone in said trenches to believe that Muslims orchestrated 9/11 because of the available and exhausted evidence but that is only as far as some will go. “They” believe the MSM lied about the event and the subsequent wars but also believe the MSM’s reporting on every single terror attack blamed on Muslims since 9/11.I cannot even understand how that happens but it is that problematic and shows just how well the propaganda has worked.
An extremely sinister precedent was set that day. We witnessed the sickest and most depraved false flag ever executed, televised live to maximise the effect it would have on the public psyche.

I don't know where we would be today in the battle against evil tyranny parading as democracy if the public were all made fully aware of subsequent findings relating to the biggest con trick ever played on the public.

From the dubious timing of the lease acquisition by Silverstein and Lowy, the increased insurance policies with 40 different insurers, the demolition of building 7, the virtually hermetic clean up operation disposing of all evidence, the fact that the majority of the original alleged hijackers have been proved to be still alive.... I could go on, and on, and on but I'm sure you're fully aware of the rest.

The dissonance is a huge problem. By not accepting this happened and understanding who the perpetrators were people are allowing these psycopaths to continue with their plans and as history has now proved...these people have no regard for human life, we are all expendable. Many.more people will die because of this.

SkepticCat

Veteran
I don't know where we would be today in the battle against evil tyranny parading as democracy if the public were all made fully aware of subsequent findings relating to the biggest con trick ever played on the public.
We would be in Heaven on Earth. If people are made to understand the problems we collectively face are ultimately due to wicked men having put everyone under what is essentially mind control/social engineering to subconsciously and de facto live as Satanists, and therefore, when faced with and accepting this understanding, would change their ways, repent and start living the *direct opposite* of what most are doing right now by becoming Christians this could only result in a massive positive energy release and healing of the collective psyche/mass mind. Such a move and change of heart would, by logical necessity, enable the first steps of undoing the damage that has been done through our collective thought- and carelessness.

It's worth a shot. Tutoring the public as to what has happened is therefore one of our finest tasks.

Vytas

Star
Biggest effect i think was fear. While there can be healthy fear caused by survival instinct, there is also irrational fear when it seems every shadow hides an enemy. That fear seems to getting healthy diet as it grows bigger and stronger, somebody is feeding it very well...I think fear object is shifting now and people went from original fear to fear their government now, or rather share the fear between two invisible enemies, media made good job of mystifying it's power.
Doesn't look like we are at final stage yet though...

Last edited:
While there are a couple of 9/11 threads, my intent for the thread is to explore the psychological aspect of the event and if it indeed was meant to fragment the collective psyche and how everyone thinks the global society tried to cope in the aftermath.
I admit, I was fooled at first, when it first happened. I wasn’t awake yet either, though.

But then, in the aftermath, and after the shock lifted, I saw the fear of the Muslims (and really ANYONE of Near/Middle East Asian origin) people who before were just normal, familiar faces working humble jobs, living simple lives, suddenly become hated—literally overnight—by their own, lighter-skinned fellow Americans.

I heard similar stories from my Japanese grandparents & family about WW2 and I wondered....what if the SAME tactics were employed, just by a different president, a different generation, a different targeted group of minorities....but for the same end: WAR.

And I began my trip down the rabbit hole and learned how corrupt our government is, and saw the Muslims as they were: victims instead of perpetrators of the Zionist agenda.

Todd

Star
I think the physcological motive was documented by PNAC (Project for the new American Century) in their paper "Rebuilding America's Defenses" (which should really be title "Rebuilding America's Offenses")

In the paper it calls out the need for a traumatic event in America to gain support from the public to increase military spending and support the invasion of multiple countries.
""Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor."

Z. T. Jacob

Established
"Let me see if I understand this situation correctly: in order to wage a war to promote ‘freedom’ and ‘democracy’ around the world, it is necessary to sacrifice those very democratic freedoms here at home.
That makes perfect sense to me, as it apparently does to all the flag-wavers out there who have fallen victim to the relentless war-mongering propaganda being spewed out by our ‘independent’ media. Some of you, by the way, may want to keep those flags readily accessible in the coming months and years. They will come in very handy to drape over the pine boxes that your sons and daughters will be being shipped home in
."
I love that quote. Out of whose mouth were those words spoken?

Z. T. Jacob

Established
I read this book, Democracy Incorporated: Managed Democracy and the Specter of Inverted Totalitarianism by Sheldon Wolin, a while back. It provides a great look at the mass psychological impacts of 9/11 and other traumatic events and how they lead to fear and submission to the "inverted" totalitarian hegemony of corporations and the MIC that claim to be democratic but are inherently the opposite. You know how it goes: "Freedom is Slavery..."

https://press.princeton.edu/titles/11159.html

I've also heard about but not read War is a Force that gives us Meaning by Chris Hedges.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/War-Is-a-Force-That-Gives-Us-Meaning-by-Chris-Hedges/142084708489?_mwBanner=1&ul_ref=https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5574933636&toolid=10001&campid=5337464680&customid=&mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eebay%2Ecom%2Fitm%2FWar-Is-a-Force-That-Gives-Us-Meaning-by-Chris-Hedges-%2F142084708489&srcrot=711-53200-19255-0&rvr_id=1983485208053&rvr_ts=ebfd15e416a0aa664c17d56ffffff618&ul_noapp=true&pageci=d3a7d927-856a-45ca-9a3f-414c5dd9e814&epid=2299404 (Fuck Amazon!)

Etagloc

Superstar
I think 9 11 is never far from my mind on some level. 9 11 I think is permanently in the back of my mind because it was formative.

However, 9 11 does not bother me and I simply accept it. The ultimate concerns aren't of this world.

However, if I think about it consciously 9/11 does bother me because I think it was a greater trend of terrorization of society.

David McGowan talked about serial killers and the programming of them. I think 9/11 was sort of an extension of what McGowan talked about in Born to Kill but on a different scale.

I think there is a sort of normalization and institutionalization of violence. Antifa and types like this

I mean that sort of thing and lethal terrorism are on the same spectrum..... 9 11 is just a million times higher on the particular spectrum

I think the ones to normalize terrorism will be leftists and I think leftists are more of a terrorist threat than Muslims.....

I saw BLM get into terrorism with my own eyes.... I never had anything to do with them........

so I think there will be a steady flow of leftist terrorism and eventually it will grow more intense

I am convinced Trump will get into a second term and then we'll get a leftist... and I saw the leftists get more intense during Obama.....

so they actually become more intense during such times.......

and so I think leftists are more the terrorist threat than Muslims.........

however, I don't expect them to get into things as big as 9 11 anytime soon

but I do expect them to cause trouble

terrorism originated with the French Revolution and during times like 1900 was more associated with anarchism and extreme left until much later when suddenly they started funding "Islamic" terrorism

before our times, people like this is what such stuff looked like

Luigi Galleani

I honestly think Mussolini is made to look so bad because... look at Mussolini

that man does not look like he is the type to tolerate the behavior of a Galleani....

I'm not saying Mussolini was a good guy but he wasn't entirely evil and the forces that were behind the French Revolution, the Bolsheviks, etc. are more powerful than someone like Mussolini (that being said, there is a book that seems to be saying he was
involved with the Illuminati
)

"After Mussolini came to power in 1922, the anarchist was charged with sedition and sentenced to 14 months in prison."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luigi_Galleani

I'm not against anarchists who are peaceful but someone like Galleani deserved to be put in prison

"By all accounts, Galleani was an extremely effective speaker and advocate of his policy of revolutionary violence. Carlo Buda, the brother of Galleanist bombmaker Mario Buda, said of him, "You heard Galleani speak, and you were ready to shoot the first policeman you saw"."

Remembering the Left-Wing Terrorism of the 1970s

https://www.thenation.com/article/remembering-left-wing-terrorism-1970s/

“People have completely forgotten that in 1972 we had over nineteen hundred domestic bombings in the United States.” — Max Noel, FBI (ret.)

"Recently, I had my head torn off by a book: Bryan Burrough’s Days of Rage, about the 1970s underground. It’s the most important book I’ve read in a year. So I did a series of running tweetstorms about it, and Clark asked me if he could collect them for posterity. I’ve edited them slightly for editorial coherence.

Days of Rage is important, because this stuff is forgotten and it shouldn’t be. The 1970s underground wasn’t small. It was hundreds of people becoming urban guerrillas. Bombing buildings: the Pentagon, the Capitol, courthouses, restaurants, corporations. Robbing banks. Assassinating police. People really thought that revolution was imminent, and thought violence would bring it about."

https://status451.com/2017/01/20/days-of-rage/

I am not necessarily so much trying to make a point about the left but I am talking about leftist terrorism because I think the Islamic terrorism actually comes from the Leftist terrorism and is an offshoot.... hence, for example, the theory that "Islamic" terrorism actually derives from Leninism in some way

"The Leninist Revolutionary Manifesto of Sayyid Qutb"
http://www.takfiris.com/takfir/articles/qyowp-the-leninist-revolutionary-manifesto-of-sayyid-qutb.cfm

"
Chapter 2 of The 9/11 Commission Report (2004), "The Foundation of the New Terrorism," cites Qutb for influencing Osama Bin Laden's worldview in these terms:

[Qutb] dismissed Western achievements as entirely material, arguing that 'nothing will satisfy its own conscience and justify its existence.'[n. 12] [111]
Three basic themes emerge from Qutb's writings. First, he claimed that the world was beset with barbarism, licentiousness, and unbelief (a condition he called jahiliyya, the religious term for the period of ignorance prior to the revelations given to the Prophet Mohammed). Qutb argued that humans can choose only between Islam and jahiliyya. Second, he warned that more people, including Muslims, were attracted to jahiliyya and its material comforts than to his view of Islam; jahiliyya could therefore triumph over Islam. Third, no middle ground exists in what Qutb conceived as a struggle between God and Satan. All Muslim – as he defined them – therefore must take up arms in this fight. Any Muslim who rejects his ideas is just one more nonbeliever worthy of destruction.[112]"​

I see "Islamic" terrorism as really just an extension of leftist terrorism (which is unfortunately a leftist "tradition" since at least the French Revolution) and not actually properly belonging to Islam (that being said, I don't know if Qutb really was in favor of terrorism but I think terrorists could have twisted his writings to promote it.... personally, I don't think Qutb really was in favor of terrorism and I think he's been slandered but I could definitely see his ideas being twisted by khawarij.... I think we must strive against the modern world as both Qutb and Julius Evola expressed in different ways.... however, I think we should revolt against being dumbed down and educate ourselves.. I think Qutb was a lot like Evola or even Spengler but from a Muslim perspective)

this has some fascinating stuff (although I don't agree with all of it)

the idea that modernity has some not so great aspects and we should seek to rectify the evils of modernity is just a fact of life and if people twist that into a rationalization for wickedness then frankly it's their own fault.... however, it is really a behavior which comes from desire and only hijacks ideas but originates with desires and not ideas

Last edited:
I think 9 11 is never far from my mind on some level. 9 11 I think is permanently in the back of my mind because it was formative.

However, 9 11 does not bother me and I simply accept it. The ultimate concerns aren't of this world.

However, if I think about it consciously 9/11 does bother me because I think it was a greater trend of terrorization of society.

David McGowan talked about serial killers and the programming of them. I think 9/11 was sort of an extension of what McGowan talked about in Born to Kill but on a different scale.

I think there is a sort of normalization and institutionalization of violence. Antifa and types like this

I mean that sort of thing and lethal terrorism are on the same spectrum..... 9 11 is just a million times higher on the particular spectrum

I think the ones to normalize terrorism will be leftists and I think leftists are more of a terrorist threat than Muslims.....

I saw BLM get into terrorism with my own eyes.... I never had anything to do with them........

so I think there will be a steady flow of leftist terrorism and eventually it will grow more intense

I am convinced Trump will get into a second term and then we'll get a leftist... and I saw the leftists get more intense during Obama.....

so they actually become more intense during such times.......

and so I think leftists are more the terrorist threat than Muslims.........

however, I don't expect them to get into things as big as 9 11 anytime soon

but I do expect them to cause trouble

terrorism originated with the French Revolution and during times like 1900 was more associated with anarchism and extreme left until much later when suddenly they started funding "Islamic" terrorism

before our times, people like this is what such stuff looked like

Luigi Galleani

I honestly think Mussolini is made to look so bad because... look at Mussolini

that man does not look like he is the type to tolerate the behavior of a Galleani....

I'm not saying Mussolini was a good guy but he wasn't entirely evil and the forces that were behind the French Revolution, the Bolsheviks, etc. are more powerful than someone like Mussolini (that being said, there is a book that seems to be saying he was
involved with the Illuminati
)

"After Mussolini came to power in 1922, the anarchist was charged with sedition and sentenced to 14 months in prison."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luigi_Galleani

I'm not against anarchists who are peaceful but someone like Galleani deserved to be put in prison

"By all accounts, Galleani was an extremely effective speaker and advocate of his policy of revolutionary violence. Carlo Buda, the brother of Galleanist bombmaker Mario Buda, said of him, "You heard Galleani speak, and you were ready to shoot the first policeman you saw"."
Right wingers killed at least 50 people last year in the US.

How many has Antifa killed? Ever? 0

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/its-time-to-confront-the-threat-of-right-wing-terrorism/amp

All the deadliest attacks last year were done by Muslims by the way, so once again you don’t know what the hell you are talking about.

Etagloc

Superstar
Right wingers killed at least 50 people last year in the US.

How many has Antifa killed? Ever? 0

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/its-time-to-confront-the-threat-of-right-wing-terrorism/amp

All the deadliest attacks last year were done by Muslims by the way, so once again you don’t know what the hell you are talking about.
well it's not surprising the attacks would be deadly considering the amount of intelligence agency money behind them..... and

There Is No 'Surge' in Right-Wing Violence

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2018/11/30/there_is_no_surge_in_right-wing_violence_138791.html

I mean left wingers run around and cause problems in regular life.... I've seen them get violent for ideological reasons... you yourself have tried to threaten me with violence.... the threat doesn't bother me as a threat but it does exemplify the mentality....I've seen them start smashing buildings and cause property damage, for example.... I've never seen Muslims or right-wingers run and around and just breaking stuff and attacking peoples' property for the sake of any sort of ideology

I've seen them do it personally

I've never seen a Muslim or a right-winger get violent with anyone for ideological reasons

I mean right-wingers get violent too but not really for ideological reasons.... it's not as common

leftists cause all sorts of problems in regular life.... those are the ones most likely to go and cause trouble based on ideology