The Prophecies of The Book of Daniel

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Scholars for a long time poured scorn on the Book of Daniel, with all it's specific timings and clearly identified future empires, it simply must have been written far later than claimed (the alternative view being impossible for liberal scholars to contemplate).

Recent findings have made such opposition seem less scholarly than was previously supposed:-

www.biblearchaeology.org/post/2012/07/31/New-Light-on-the-Book-of-Daniel-from-the-Dead-Sea-Scrolls.aspx#Article

For those who don't know, it would have been possible for people of Jesus' day to have known when their Messiah was to have come based on taking this prophecy seriously...

Daniel, originally deported as a teenager (now near the end of the Babylonian captivity), was reading in the Book of Jeremiah. He understood that the seventy years of servitude were almost over and he began to pray for his people.

The Angel Gabriel interrupted Daniel’s prayer and gave him a four-verse prophecy that is unquestionably the most remarkable passage in the entire Bible: Daniel 9:24–27.

These four verses include the following segments:

• 9:24 – The Scope of the Entire Prophecy;
  • 9:25 – The 69 Weeks;
  • 9:26 – An Interval between the 69th and 70th Week;
  • 9:27 – The 70th Week.
The Scope (Dan 9:24)
Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy Place .​
— Daniel 9:24​
The idiom of a “week” of years was common in Israel as a “sabbath for the land,” in which the land was to lie fallow every seventh year.[2] It was their failure to obey these laws that led to God sending them into captivity under the Babylonians.[3]

Note that the focus of this passage is upon “thy people and upon thy holy city,” that is, upon Israel and Jerusalem. (It is not directed to the Church.)

The scope of this prophecy includes a broad list of things which clearly have yet to be completed.

The First 69 Weeks (Dan 9:25)
A very specific prediction occurs in verse 25:

Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.​
— Daniel 9:25​
This includes a mathematical prophecy. As we have noted in previous articles, the Jewish (and Babylonian) calendars used a 360-day year;[4] 69 weeks of 360-day years totals 173,880 days. In effect, Gabriel told Daniel that the interval between the commandment to rebuild Jerusalem until the presentation of the Messiah as King would be 173,880 days.

The “Messiah the Prince” in the King James translation is actually the Meshiach Nagid, “The Messiah the King.” (Nagid is first used of King Saul.)

Bull’s-Eye!
The commandment to restore and build Jerusalem was given by Artaxerxes Longimanus on March 14, 445 B.C.[5] (The emphasis in the verse on “the street” and “the wall” was to avoid confusion with other earlier mandates confined to rebuilding the Temple.)

During the ministry of Jesus Christ there were several occasions in which the people attempted to promote Him as king, but He carefully avoided it: “Mine hour is not yet come”.[6]

The Triumphal Entry
Then, one day, He meticulously arrangesit.[7] On this particular day he rode into the city of Jerusalem riding on a donkey, deliberately fulfilling a prophecy by Zechariah that the Messiah would present Himself as king in just that way:

Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.​
— Zechariah 9:9​
Whenever we might easily miss the significance of what was going on, the Pharisees come to our rescue. They felt that the overzealous crowd was blaspheming, proclaiming Jesus as the Messiah the King.[8] However, Jesus endorsed it!

I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.​
— Luke 19:40​
This is the only occasion that Jesus presented Himself as King. It occurred on April 6, 32 A.D.[9]

The Precision of Prophecy
When we examine the period between March 14, 445 B.C. and April 6, 32 A.D., and correct for leap years, we discover that it is 173,880 days exactly, to the very day!

How could Daniel have known this in advance? How could anyone have contrived to have this detailed prediction documented over three centuries in advance? But there’s more.

The Interval (Dan 9:26)
There appears to be a gap between the 69th week (verse 25) and the 70th week (verse 27):

And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.​
— Daniel 9:26​
The sixty-two “weeks” follow the initial seven, so verse 26 deals with events after69th week, but before the 70th. These events include the Messiah being killed and the city and sanctuary being destroyed.

As Jesus approached the city on the donkey, He also predicted the destruction of Jerusalem:

For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.​
— Luke 19:43–44​
The Messiah was, of course, executed at the Crucifixion…”but not for Himself.”

The city and the sanctuary were destroyed 38 years later when the Roman legions under Titus Vespasian leveled the city of Jerusalem in A.D. 70, precisely as Daniel and Jesus had predicted. In fact, as one carefully examines Jesus’ specific words, it appears that He held them accountable to know this astonishing prophecy in Daniel 9! “Because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.”

The 70th Week
There is a remaining seven-year period to be fulfilled. This period is the most documented period in the entire Bible. The Book of Revelation, Chapters 6 through 19, is essentially a detailing of that climactic period.

The interval between the 69th and 70th week continues, but it is increasingly apparent that it may soon be over.

Source

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Just building on the previous post, I think Chuck Missler had a very good understanding of the Book of Daniel.

For anyone who has felt like scratching their heads when Christians say they are post-trib, amillennial, pre-wrath, preterist etc you may well find this overview enlightening.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
It occurs to me that anyone who is not shocked by the significance of the claimed dating of the Book of Daniel has never read or understood it's implications...

Thunderian

Superstar
Great topic, Red. For me, Daniel's prophecies are one of the great authenticators of the Bible.

There's a writer Missler refers to named Robert Anderson. Sir Robert Anderson was assistant commissioner for Scotland Yard, had worked intelligence operations against the Fenians, and had almost become a brewer. He also loved Bible prophecy and wrote extensively about Daniel. His book, The Coming Prince, uses historical date to determine the exact date that Jesus entered Jerusalem, on the day we celebrate as Palm Sunday

April 6, 32 A.D.

Despite the book having been written at about the turn of the last century, it's fairly easy to read, and not too long. It's in the public domain, and you can read it here.

One of the things I really enjoyed is the way he looks at Bible prophecy as something that will assuredly be fulfilled. He was sure that Israel would become a nation again -- something that was still 70 or so years away -- and said of the Jews, "The Scriptures teem with promises and prophecies in favor of that nation, not a tithe of which have yet been realized."

Praise God for his wonderful word! And, as they used to say at Chuck Missler's church back in the day, Maranatha!

Thunderian

Superstar
Sir Robert Anderson was assistant commissioner for Scotland Yard, had worked intelligence operations against the Fenians, and had almost become a brewer. He also loved Bible prophecy and wrote extensively about Daniel.
He sounds like a great guy to have a beer with, tbh.

The book of Daniel was my intro to bible study on a serious level.
Prior to that i just read a bit of Genesis and the new testament and thought '........'

Anyway I feel Daniel 7 goes unnoticed too often. Here Titus specifically was foretold, the year of 4 emperors. The 10 horns were the emperors who ruled over the Temple, that is the significance of the 10 (and I guess this also has meaning for Revelations 10 horns too as in, there has to be another Jewish temple). The issue is we go from that event, directly to the second coming.

7 “After that, in my vision at night I looked, and there before me was a fourth beast—terrifying and frightening and very powerful. It had large iron teeth; it crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left. It was different from all the former beasts, and it had ten horns.
8 “While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a human being and a mouth that spoke boastfully.

9 “As I looked,
“thrones were set in place,
and the Ancient of Days took his seat.
His clothing was as white as snow;
the hair of his head was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire,
and its wheels were all ablaze.
10 A river of fire was flowing,
coming out from before him.
Thousands upon thousands attended him;
ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him.
The court was seated,
and the books were opened.

11 “Then I continued to watch because of the boastful words the horn was speaking. I kept looking until the beast was slain and its body destroyed and thrown into the blazing fire. 12 (The other beasts had been stripped of their authority, but were allowed to live for a period of time.)

We know the 4th beast was the 'legs of iron' in Daniel 2, we know it is Rome. We also know there are 'feet of iron and clay' representing the same system but in the end times. Other than that verses 7 and 8 are crystal clear and about Titus (and also linked to Daniel 9). Yet verse 11 doesn't differentiate by speaking about another horn. So from verses 9 to 10 the second coming happens but verse 11 speaks of what appears to be the same 'horn'.

This chapter is also linked to Daniel 9

The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. 27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.”

We also know from Matthew 24 that on one hand Jesus was asked specifically about the Temple existing in that time, ie when it would be destroyed..and he spoke of the coming war as the worst war ever...that nothing would ever surpass it...and then he would return.

Yet this process didn't occur, ie Jesus didn't return and then the book of Revelation was revealed. Daniel was a little bit cryptic here since Daniel 7 doesn't differentiate between 2 periods (of rome) but Daniel 2 does mention 2 aspects ie the legs and the feet.

So what occurs is there are many christians who still read these prophecies as if they are unfulfilled and are yet to occur. So they imagine the temple being rebuilt and then MUSLIMS/gog and magog attacking and killing many of them and then Jesus returning.
So to them the horn/abomination of desolation prophecy is islam and a muslim ruler ie the imam mahdi fits....yet i can see this happening too, except interpret such an event differently (to me when it happens it will fulfill the fall of mystery babylon).

I can even imagine jews having that same perception since they reject Jesus already.

It is basically another shadow prophetic event..
the last one was...prophet Mohammad and islam.

So where Daniel 7 speaks of the second coming, it will instead be mimicked by the false messiah but this also connects to Revelation 11.
If you read some of the jewish rabbinical ideas about their messiah, it is that he is already alive and in a state of occultation yet travelling the world city to city and when his time comes, he will be transported by seraphs (JINNS!!) to fulfill the prophecies.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=fvp1CQAAQBAJ&pg=PA83&lpg=PA83&dq=ben+amiel+seraphim&source=bl&ots=W0AQKc9qkY&sig=eTr12BWQ2DeU-HkFTPkvFbVSCd8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjHkdTcroncAhUKKsAKHWe8D4MQ6AEIQDAG#v=onepage&q=ben amiel seraphim&f=false

the other twist to this is, the shia mahdi is also 'in occultation'........and we also have this

(1) Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: The Dajjal would be followed by seventy thousand Jews of isfahan wearing Persian shawls. (Book #041, Hadith #7034)

(btw i know this is not directly related to Daniel, but it plays out in my thoughts in this way lol).

I think this is another good overview:

It is always nice when you guys reply to me and discuss prophecy /not

Anyway this guy said all the right things until the very end. He showed Sacha's character (the dictator) so i'm guessing like most christians he thinks this is some 'muslim' dictator who will attack modern israel.
He understand Dan 9 perfectly well yet he failed to grasp the fact that Daniel 11 refers to the Maccabean revolt era and Antiochus Epiphanes.

Like I pointed out before, Daniel 7 foretold Titus and directly went to his death and then the second coming of Jesus

8 “While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a human being and a mouth that spoke boastfully.
year of 4 emperors, Titus the 10th horn and son of Vespasian who was the emperor att he time, hence 'little horn' because he later became the emperor but not at that point.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_emperors
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_emperors#Year_of_the_Four_Emperors_and_Flavian_dynasty_(68–96)

11 “Then I continued to watch because of the boastful words the horn was speaking. I kept looking until the beast was slain and its body destroyed and thrown into the blazing fire. 12 (The other beasts had been stripped of their authority, but were allowed to live for a period of time.)

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven.

You know what the issue is here? from Titus/Rome to the second coming and nothing inbetween.

Matthew 24, just like Daniel 7 goes along with the narrative in Daniel 9
24 “Seventy ‘sevens’ are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the Most Holy Place.

since prophecy ended for the jewish nation after the destruction of the temple, it is natural that Jesus would not have directly foretold everything after 70AD leading to his second coming.

THAT is what the book of Revelation was for.

The anti-christ is jewish, not arab or persian anyway.
the abomination prophecies were not about the messiah.

Daniel 11's abomination of desolation and horn prophecy was already confirmed in Maccabees
fascinating read actually

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Maccabees+1&version=GNT
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Maccabees+1&version=GNT
@Kung Fu you would love reading this book, the palestinians share a lot in common with the Maccabees. These people were believers, it's before Isa AS...
it's so ironic that israel celebrates a story that would only inspire Palestinians.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@AspiringSoul

Please accept my apologies for not replying sooner on this issue. We obviously take different texts as being authoritative and employ different thought processes when it comes to interpreting Bible prophetic fulfillment.

As these issues are foundational to interpretation, people on forums usually argue like kids in the back of a car on a hot day so when sharing ideas on a thread with people who hold different presuppositions, it is better to explain our own perspectives and reasons for holding them. I prefer this latter approach as I am a stubborn mule myself, but I will still listen to what others say.

I like the image of an ancient Greek Forum where people have the courtesy to allow someone to stand up and say their piece, then take their seat and allow another person with a contradictory view to say theirs. The gathered thinkers might listen, and perhaps take their turn either to support or disagree with the claims of a speaker.

Btw - just me but I think the Jews very unlikely to embrace a Muslim "Messiah" figure as I don't think he would be what they are expecting. Therefore at present I don't hugely buy into the "Islamic Antichrist" narrative at present.

@AspiringSoul

Please accept my apologies for not replying sooner on this issue. We obviously take different texts as being authoritative and employ different thought processes when it comes to interpreting Bible prophetic fulfillment.

As these issues are foundational to interpretation, people on forums usually argue like kids in the back of a car on a hot day so when sharing ideas on a thread with people who hold different presuppositions, it is better to explain our own perspectives and reasons for holding them. I prefer this latter approach as I am a stubborn mule myself, but I will still listen to what others say.

I like the image of an ancient Greek Forum where people have the courtesy to allow someone to stand up and say their piece, then take their seat and allow another person with a contradictory view to say theirs. The gathered thinkers might listen, and perhaps take their turn either to support or disagree with the claims of a speaker.

Btw - just me but I think the Jews very unlikely to embrace a Muslim "Messiah" figure as I don't think he would be what they are expecting. Therefore at present I don't hugely buy into the "Islamic Antichrist" narrative at present.
You haven't quite grasped what I'm saying yet. This is not based on literal ideas but on the underlying archetype they represent and what follows from that.
So prophet Mohammad was a product of Jewish messianicism in the early 7th century. He was a manifestation of existing jewish messianic archetypes. Read up on Nehemiah ben hushiel as the suffering servant/messiah Ben Joseph archetype. This man was literally here but what they believed was after his death the 'real' messiah Ben david would come. That didn't get fulfilled and instead Jews were kicked out of Jerusalem and the Messiah they thought was coming whos arrival they celebrated in madina...was an Arab.
Isaiah 42s new song prophecy is connected to this is sela =Medina and it's not coincidence Jews were a large presence there.

But as the Torah promised when they are cursed by God in Deuteronomy 28...what they desired was given to others ie Arabs.

Do you get this so far?

The Shia Mahdi archetype is what matters here. Everything they have projected onto their idea of the Mahdi is what will in turn manifest as the Jewish messiah yet ironically ...vice versa ie I believe the archetype will also literally manifest as the Mahdi just like it once manifested as prophet Mohammad saw.
The reason it is this way is because we're under shadows therefore neither of us receive what we desire ie it's like the law of attraction gone wrong. Each group is projecting their own evil onto the other.

phipps

Star
"May the bones of the hands and the bones of the fingers decay and decompose, of him who turns the pages of the book of Daniel, to find out the time of Daniel 9:24-27, and may his memory rot from off the face of the earth forever."

An ancient Rabbinic curse in the Talmud forbids people to read Daniel 9:24-27. Why? What are they trying to hide? The 70-week prophecy, the greatest proof of Jesus as the Messiah, is found in these verses. They predict the time of the Messiah's anointing, putting the issue beyond doubt. Let us unravel the prophecy by allowing Scripture to be its own expositor.
The Day-Year Principle

Prophecies are couched in symbolic language that needs to be unraveled before the meaning of the words can be understood. Prophetic time is used as a symbol to be interpreted in the light of Scripture. After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise. (Numbers 14:34 ). And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year. (Ezekiel 4:6). These two texts provide the key—the day-year principle. This principle takes prophetic days and converts them to actual years. Applying this principle to the 70-week prophecy will show that Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah.
Six Messianic Tasks

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. (Daniel 9:24).
“Thy people” were God’s chosen people Israel. Seventy weeks resolves into 490 days. Applying the day-year principle, 490 days become 490 years.
The 490 years were appointed to the Jewish nation for these six reasons found in Daniel 9:24:
1. to finish the transgression
2. to make an end of sins
3. to make reconciliation for iniquity
4. to bring in everlasting righteousness
5. to seal up vision and prophecy
6. to anoint the most Holy
These six issues could only be fulfilled in and through the Messiah. Who else could make reconciliation for iniquity or bring in everlasting righteousness?
Jesus Fulfills the Prophecy

Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate (Daniel 9:25-27).
The angel gives a breakdown of the 70 weeks as follows:
7 weeks of years for rebuilding of Jerusalem (verse 25)
62 weeks of years to the Messiah (verses 25-26)
1 week of years to the close of the period (verse 27)

The 2300-day prophecy, of which the 70-week prophecy is a small part, was to begin at the command that effected the restoration of Jerusalem. This command went forth under King Artaxerxes Longimanus in the year 457 BC (Ezra 7:12-13).
From this starting point, we can determine all the other time markers of the prophecy. Seven weeks were allotted for the restoration of Jerusalem. True to the prophecy, Jerusalem was rebuilt 49 years after 457 BC, which was 408 BC.
Seven weeks (49 day-years) for the rebuilding of Jerusalem and another threescore and two weeks (62 weeks or 434 day-years) brings us to "the Messiah the Prince." Beginning in 457 BC and applying the day-year principle, we can determine the passing of 483 years from 457 BC which brings us to 27 AD (allowing for the conversion from BC to AD being one extra year).
In 27 AD, Jesus was anointed by the Holy Spirit on the occasion of His baptism which marked the beginning of His ministry (Luke 3:21-23). This baptism marked the event in Daniel’s prophecy “unto the Messiah the Prince.” When Christ proclaimed, “The time is fulfilled” (Mark 1:15), He was referring to this part of the prophecy.iii
The end of the prophecy is 34 AD, 7 day-years after the baptism:
And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and oblation to cease (Daniel 9:27).
Christ would confirm the covenant made with Israel for one prophetic week (7 years), but oblation (offerings) would cease in the middle of the week (3 ½ years after 27 AD). This mid-point brings us to 31 AD—the year Christ was crucified. It was at His death that he put an end to the system of offerings practiced by Israel for so many years.
Chiastic Structure

Some modern interpretations confuse the 70-week prophecy by applying it to the Antichrist, who (according to this interpretation) would arrive at the end of the Christian dispensation some time in the future.
However, the prophecy in Daniel 9:26-27 has a chiastic structure, and if this is taken into account, the apparent confusion in its literary style is eliminated:

And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
The chiastic structure is as follows:
* a. Messiah destroyed
* b. Sanctuary destroyed
* b1. Sacrifice terminated
* a1. Ruler destroyed
Verse 27 has an additional chiasm: “he—week—week—he,” again emphasizing the role of the Messiah. It can thus be said that the destruction of the Messiah caused "the sacrifice and the oblation to cease." The Messiah would also confirm His covenant with God’s people by His sacrificial death “in the midst of the week.”
John Wycliffe, Martin Luther, and Isaac Newton all connect the 70th week with the Messiah. When Christ cried It is finished,” the priests were officiating in the temple. It was the hour of the evening sacrifice, and as the Passover lamb representing Christ was about to be slain, “the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake and the rocks rent” (Matthew 27:51).
After Christ died, rose again, and ascended to heaven, there were still 3 ½ day-years remaining in the prophecy. These ended in 34 AD with the stoning of Stephen (Acts 7:59-8:4). At that time the Gospel was given to the Gentiles by individual ambassadors from every nation. Paul, the very one who consented to the stoning of Stephen, became the apostle to the Gentile world. Israel ceased to be the recipient and channel of God’s truth.

phipps

Star
Its 31 AD if you calculate from the restoration of Jerusalem. 31/2 years later the 70 week prophecy ended at the stoning of Stephen. God gave Israel as a nation a time period then the gospel would be spread to the whole world.

TokiEl

Superstar
Its 31 AD if you calculate from the restoration of Jerusalem.
Well we'll see about that...

Leviticus 23 5"In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover."

Mark 15 42"And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,"

What was translated as preparation is the original Greek word παρασκευή (paraskeue) which is still Friday in Greek.

So the Lamb of God was sacrificed on Friday 14 Nisan.

In the Hebrew calendar a new month begins with the sighting of a new moon. So when the crucifixion took place on day 14 it was on a full moon. And as the planets move in a clockwork order it is possible to compute the positions of the planets anywhere at any time... and with modern software this is done with the push on a button.

In 31 AD a full moon on Tuesday March 27 10:56 UT.
In 32 AD a full moon on Monday April 14 09:01 UT.
In 33 AD a full moon on Friday April 3 14:52 UT.

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
Daniel 9 24"Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy."

Seventy weeks is not supposed to be turned into days... as what was translated as weeks is the original Hebrew word שָׁבוּעַ (shabuwa) which is sevened (as a period of seven/heptad). The same word is used for the period of time Jacob laboured for his uncle Laban in order to marry Rachel... namely seven years. This was almost 4000 years ago when they did not have any calendar systems but kept track of time by continually counting the Creation week. And so a complete cycle of one week/shabuwa or 7 years were and are 360 weeks.

Daniel 9 25"Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times."

In the book of Nehemiah the command to restore and to build Jerusalem went forth on Nisan in the 20th year of king Artaxerxes. Some write that this was in March 445 BC but Isaac Newton wrote it was in March 444 BC. Who is right ? Probably the genius.

Daniel 9 26"And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined."

History shows that Gabriel who was sent from God to proclaim this prophecy was eventually proven correct. The Messiah was cut off for sinners and both Jerusalem and the Temple was destroyed by the Romans. So the prince that shall come is a prince of Rome.

Daniel 9 27"And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

It is the prince that shall come who shall confirm the covenant with many for one week... the very last week of those prophetic seventy weeks. So it is the prince or pope of Rome who shall confirm the covenant with many or the United Nations.

You may or may not know that the United Nations got most nations on board the global governance program known as the Millennium Development Goals. And that the continued work in that area known as the Sustainable Development Goals was confirmed by the pope of Rome in the United Nations on September 25 2015.

This indicates that the 70th and last week have already begun... and is almost halfway... when some sort of destruction is prophecied.

But even though the pope of Rome seems to have fulfilled the last verse of this prophecy... that is not good enough. We need some sort of proof...

Well the command to restore and to build Jerusalem went forth again on June 7 1967. And counting 7 weeks/shabuwa or 7*360 weeks came to completion on September 23 2015 a couple of days before the pope of Rome confirmed a covenant with the United Nations.

Last edited:

phipps

Star

Leviticus 23 5"In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover."

Mark 15 42"And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,"

What was translated as preparation is the original Greek word παρασκευή (paraskeue) which is still Friday in Greek.

In the Hebrew calendar a new month begins with the sighting of a new moon. So when the crucifixion took place on day 14 it was on a full moon. And as the planets move in a clockwork order it is possible to compute the positions of the planets anywhere at any time... and with modern software this is done with the push on a button.

Remember in the creation story the first part of the day is the evening. Genesis 1:5, And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Vs 8, And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. Vs 13 And the evening and the morning were the third day etc. Friday evening is the first part of Sabbath.

TokiEl

Superstar
Remember in the creation story the first part of the day is the evening. Genesis 1:5, And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Vs 8, And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. Vs 13 And the evening and the morning were the third day etc. Friday evening is the first part of Sabbath.
Friday twilight or even is between noon and sunset and is still Friday.

phipps

Star
Friday twilight or even is between noon and sunset and is still Friday.
Yes and that is preparation day, then sunset Friday is the first part of Sabbath and it goes on until sunset Saturday. Just like the Jews have observed from the time of Abraham and still do today.

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks. . ." Daniel 9:24-25
While the prophet Daniel is in Babylon and his people are in captivity because of their sins, Daniel prays and pleads with God for deliverance. The angel Gabriel comes and pronounces a prophetic time period for the nation of Israel to repent from their sins and reconnect with their God. Remember that in Bible prophecy, each day represents a year. "…I have appointed thee each day for a year." Ezekiel 4:6

The entire prophecy was to extend for seventy weeks, or four hundred and ninety literal years (70 weeks x 7 days in a week = 490 prophetic days = 490 years). But the focus of the prophecy was when the Messiah was to appear. There were to be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks, or four hundred and eighty-three literal years (7 weeks + 62 weeks = 69 weeks x 7 days in a week = 483 prophetic days = 483 years).
The Messiah was to appear and be anointed to His mission ("Messiah" is a Hebrew word meaning "anointed one," like "Christ" in the Greek) four hundred and eighty three years from the beginning of this prophecy.

When did the prophetic clock begin ticking? "Know therefore, and understand, that from the going forth of the command to restore and build Jerusalem." (v. 25) A decree was to be given that would mark the beginning of this prophecy. It was a decree that was to both restore and build the city of Jerusalem. Jerusalem was at this time in ruins. Because of the disobedience of the Jewish people, their city and sanctuary had been destroyed and they were taken as captives to the heathen nation of Babylon. God longed for His people to love and follow Him, but they had despised His mercy. He had sent prophet after prophet, but they had rejected each one, and now their city was in ruins as a result of their disobedience. But that was to change. A decree was going to be given that would restore Jerusalem as a temporal city and rebuild it. (The giving of the decree and the time that it was to be given had already been prophesied by the prophets Isaiah and Jeremiah. (See Isaiah 44:28, Jeremiah 25:11-12, 29:10)

And the elders of the Jews builded, and they prospered through the prophesying of Haggai the prophet and Zechariah the son of Iddo. And they builded, and finished it, according to the commandment of the God of Israel, and according to the commandment of Cyrus, and Darius, and Artaxerxes king of Persia. Ezra 6:14
And there went up some of the children of Israel, and of the priests, and the Levites, and the singers, and the porters, and the Nethinims, unto Jerusalem, in the seventh year of Artaxerxes the king. And he came to Jerusalem in the fifth month, which was in the seventh year of the king. Ezra 7:7-8

God made sure the decree starting the prophecy was recorded in His Holy Word (you can read the entire decree in Ezra 7:11-26). While there were actually three decrees given, only one met both the prerequisites of restoring Jerusalem to power and rebuilding it. The third and final decree by Artaxerxes, king of Persia, alone fulfilled the specifications of the prophecy of Daniel 9. This decree took effect in the fifth month of the seventh year of his reign. (Ezra 7:8) As recorded in history books, the first year of Artaxerxes was 464 BC, thus his seventh year would have been 457 BC. Artaxerxes’ first year started in the spring and so the fifth month would have been in the fall of 457 BC.

In order, then, to discover the exact year that the Messiah was to appear, all one needs to do is add 483 years (the amount of time from the start of the prophecy to when the Messiah was to appear) to 457 BC. (Since 457 is BC, you treat it as a negative number and are actually subtracting it from 483.) This brings us down to AD 26. (483 – 457 = 26) There was one slight problem, though. Since the chronologists did not include a zero year (they went from 1 BC to AD 1), we must add one year to make the math calculations come out correctly.
The actual date that terminates the sixty-nine weeks would then be the fall of AD 27. (26 + 1 = 27) AD 27 was the fifteenth year of Tiberius Caesar. (He began jointly reigning with his father, Augustus Caesar, in AD 12.) Did anything significant take place in AD 27, the fifteenth year of Tiberius Caesar?

Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene, Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness. And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins; Luke 3:1-3

Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased. Luke 3:21-22

In the fall of AD 27, the fifteenth year of Tiberius Caesar, Jesus was baptized, and at His baptism God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit proclaiming, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." After Jesus’ baptism and anointing, Jesus went through Judea proclaiming the time had been fulfilled. What time could have been fulfilled? It could only have been the time pointing to when the Messiah was to be anointed in Daniel 9. Jesus was anointed to His mission as the Messiah at exactly the time foretold five hundred years previous!

And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. Daniel 9:26
He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. Isaiah 53:8
And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. Daniel 9:27
Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure… By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. Hebrews 10: 5-6, 10

This fascinating prophecy does not end with Jesus’ anointing as the Messiah. It portrays the last thing that the Jewish people wanted—a suffering Messiah. The Jews had misinterpreted the prophecies until they believed that the Messiah was going to be a conquering king who was to break the Roman yoke and exalt the Israelite nation on high. They wanted to be set free from the Roman power, but they did not want to be set free from sin in their hearts. They interpreted the prophecies to fit into their hopes and desires rather than allowing the Bible to interpret itself. The priests applied the prophecies of Jesus’ Second Coming to His first coming and thereby led most of the Jewish people to reject their King.

The prophecy predicted that the Messiah was to be "cut off"—"cut off from the land of the living." The Messiah was to die for the sins of His people. It does not just tell us that He was to die, but it tells exactly when He was to die. We read "in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering." (v. 27) Jesus brought an end to sacrifice by sacrificing His life for us. No longer do we need to offer physical sacrifices to God, for Jesus brought an end to that Old Testament practice by His death.
It was in the middle of the week. This was the last, or seventieth week, of the prophecy. Half of one week would be three and a half, so it was three and a half years (3 ½ prophetic days = 3 ½ years) after Jesus began His mission that He was to die a sacrificial death for all mankind. Through the Gospels, we can trace three and a half years of ministry culminating at Jesus death on the passover day of AD 31, exactly three and a half years after the fall of AD 27.

Not only was Jesus anointed exactly 483 years (69 prophetic weeks) after the decree was given to restore and rebuild Jerusalem, but He was also crucified exactly three and a half years after beginning His ministry, once again fulfilling the prophecy. When studying this prophecy, there can be no doubt in our minds that Jesus is the only One Who could possibly be the Messiah predicted in the Old Testament. He came at exactly the time foretold. He died at exactly the time predicted. We indeed have a sure word of prophecy and can be certain that Jesus is our Saviour and Redeemer! But sad to say, the nation of Israel did not see in Jesus the Messiah. The parable of the vineyard in Matthew 21 came to pass as Jesus predicted.

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. Daniel 9:24
Remember that the seventy-week prophecy, which is 490 years, would begin with the command to restore Jerusalem in 457 BC. This means the prophecy ends in AD 34, three and a half years after the death of Jesus. After the death of Jesus, the Jews still had three and a half years to discover their true condition and turn from their sins. The hand of mercy was reached out to the very people that cried, "Crucify Him, crucify Him!"
During this time, the Spirit-filled disciples preached in Jerusalem, resulting in the conversion of many. But the leaders of the nation were bent on destroying this new movement.

In AD 34, Stephen, a Spirit-filled deacon of the apostolic church, was taken to appear before the leaders of Israel. In Acts 7, Stephen appeals to the religious leaders of Israel by tracing the history of the nation and pointing to the guidance of God throughout their history. Finally Stephen reiterates what Jesus already portrayed in the parable of the vineyard.
He points to the fact that they were responsible for the death of the prophets and even the very Messiah! This was too much for the leaders of Israel and they ended up stoning Stephen (Acts 7:51-60), making him the first Christian martyr. Stephen’s death marks the end of the seventy-week prophecy. Israel was no longer the special chosen nation of God. From this very time the gospel went to the Gentiles. Shortly after, Jerusalem and its temple were destroyed in AD 70 by the Roman army.
Remember that in the time of the prophet Daniel the command was given to restore Jerusalem and the temple. God allowed this to happen with the condition that the Jews would turn to Him. Again His protective hand was removed from this nation after the seventy weeks ended since the Jews had not repented and turned from their sins. Now the Gospel goes to the Gentiles with power.

God bless.

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar

From The Coming Prince:

In A.D. 32, the date of the true new moon, by which the Passover was regulated, was the night (10h 57m) of the 29th March. The ostensible date of the 1st Nisan, therefore, according to the phases, was the 31st March.​
But the calendar may have been disturbed by intercalation. According to the scheme of the eight years' cycle, the embolismal month was inserted in the third, sixth, and eighth years, and an examination of the calendars from A.D. 22 to A D. 45 will show that A.D. 32 was the third year of such a cycle.​
As, therefore, the difference between the solar year and the lunar is 11 days, it would amount in three years to 33 3/4 days, and the intercalation of a thirteenth month (Ve-adar) of thirty days would leave an epact still remaining of 3 3/4 days; and the "ecclesiastical moon" being that much before the real moon, the feast day would have fallen on the Friday (11th April), exactly as the narrative of the Gospels requires.​
Jesus was crucified on the Sabbath, but not on the full moon, so a crucifixion date of Friday, April 11, 32 works just fine, and it matches the date of April 6 of the same year for the triumphal entry.