The Prophecies of The Book of Daniel

TokiEl

Superstar
Just because you don't look at that way doesn't mean others don't or didn't. Tiberius had been ruling for fifteen years. Its not about how how much power he had at the beginning of his rule.

It all started from King Artaxerxes's decree in 457 BC to both restore and build the city of Jerusalem.
"Seven weeks (49 day-years) for the rebuilding of Jerusalem and another threescore and two weeks (62 weeks or 434 day-years) brings us to "the Messiah the Prince." Beginning in 457 BC and applying the day-year principle, we can determine the passing of 483 years from 457 BC which brings us to 27 AD (allowing for the conversion from BC to AD being one extra year)."

This is what I believe so I'll just leave it at that. God bless.
Jerusalem was still in ruins when Nehemiah asked Artaxerxes king of Persia to rebuild it on Nisan in his 20th regnal year. Besides turning weeks/sevens/shabuwa to years is not correct.

TokiEl

Superstar
I know but I though you guys had read my previous posts. There has never been a year zero. So you add 1 year to 26 AD.

I will repost that part of my post again because its obvious yoiu didn't read it. I've underlined that part you missed that explained whay it came down to 27 AD.

"In order, then, to discover the exact year that the Messiah was to appear, all one needs to do is add 483 years (the amount of time from the start of the prophecy to when the Messiah was to appear) to 457 BC. (Since 457 is BC, you treat it as a negative number and are actually subtracting it from 483.) This brings us down to AD 26. (483 – 457 = 26) There was one slight problem, though. Since the chronologists did not include a zero year (they went from 1 BC to AD 1), we must add one year to make the math calculations come out correctly.
The actual date that terminates the sixty-nine weeks would then be the fall of AD 27. (26 + 1 = 27) AD 27 was the fifteenth year of Tiberius Caesar. (He began jointly reigning with his father, Augustus Caesar, in AD 12.) Did anything significant take place in AD 27, the fifteenth year of Tiberius Caesar?"
If Tiberius began to reign in 12 AD then his 1st year would be 12 AD and his 15th year would be 26 AD.

Phlegon of Tralles who lived in the 2nd century AD wrote a historical compendium in sixteen books covering the first 228 Olympiads placed the start of Tiberius reign to Olympiad 198 year 2.

Sextus Julius Africanus (c. 160 – c. 240) in his Chronographiai correlated the sixteenth year of Tiberius to Olympiad 202 year 2 (which would place the first year of Tiberius to Olympiad 198 year 3).

The Olympiads was a Greek system of dating and also early Christian chroniclers used the Olympiads to correlate biblical events with history.

(Jerome, in his Latin translation of the Chronicle of Eusebius, dates the birth of Jesus Christ to year 3 of Olympiad 194).

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
I know but I thought you guys had read my previous posts. There has never been a year zero. So you add 1 year to 26 AD.
But the fact that there was no year 0 doesn't change the way we count spans of years in AD. The fifteenth year of a reign is only 14 calendar years.

A newborn is in it's first year until it turns 1, then it's in it's second year, until it turns 2, and so on. When someone is in their 15th year, they are still only counted as being 14 years old, because that's the age they turned at their last birthday. So a reign that's in it's 15th year is still just 14 years old.

12 + 14 = AD 26

or

14 + 14 = AD 28

but not

AD 27

phipps

Star
But the fact that there was no year 0 doesn't change the way we count spans of years in AD. The fifteenth year of a reign is only 14 calendar years.

A newborn is in it's first year until it turns 1, then it's in it's second year, until it turns 2, and so on. When someone is in their 15th year, they are still only counted as being 14 years old, because that's the age they turned at their last birthday. So a reign that's in it's 15th year is still just 14 years old.

12 + 14 = AD 26

or

14 + 14 = AD 28

but not

AD 27
A baby doesn't start at age 1 do they? But calenders start at year 1. We have to count the months of a baby's first year to twelve months that make it one year. That doesn't exist when counting years. There was never a year zero then we count months to make it a year. They started from year 1 then moved on from there. So Mathematical calculations show that moving ahead 483 years from the fall of 457 bc reaches the fall of AD 27 because there is no year 0. So when Tiberius was in his fifteenth year of rule, it really was his fifteenth year unlike the baby who would be 14 years. I hope you understand what I am trying to explain. AD12 + 15years = AD27.

Look into how Calenders are worked out and you will see that I am right. I am not making this up you know. We won't see eye to eye on this one so lets agree to disagree alright? God bless.

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
A baby doesn't start at age 1 do they? But calenders start at year 1. We have to count the months of a baby's first year to twelve months that make it one year. That doesn't exist when counting years. There was never a year zero then we count months to make it a year. They started from year 1 then moved on from there. So Mathematical calculations show that moving ahead 483 years from the fall of 457 bc reaches the fall of AD 27 because there is no year 0. So when Tiberius was in his fifteenth year of rule, it really was his fifteenth year unlike the baby who would be 14 years. I hope you understand what I am trying to explain. AD12 + 15years = AD27.

Look into how Calenders are worked out and you will see that I am right. I am not making this up you know. We won't see eye to eye on this one so lets agree to disagree alright? God bless.
You seem to be completely misunderstanding the point I am making, but I won't worry about it if you won't. God bless you, too.

TokiEl

Superstar
So Mathematical calculations show that moving ahead 483 years from the fall of 457 bc reaches the fall of AD 27 because there is no year 0. So when Tiberius was in his fifteenth year of rule, it really was his fifteenth year unlike the baby who would be 14 years. I hope you understand what I am trying to explain. AD12 + 15years = AD27.
When counting years from BC into AD one must add 1 year because there is no year 0. But when counting years from AD into AD one must not add 1 year because there is no year 0 in between.

Capiche ?

phipps

Star
You seem to be completely misunderstanding the point I am making, but I won't worry about it if you won't. God bless you, too.
I understood you completely and you're right about how we should calculate the years. So without adding the 1 year, Tiberius would have been in power till AD 26 as you said in your post. But to your calculations you always have to add one year to make the Calender right. These calculations are just for Calenders and not maths in general. A baby starts from zero since its birth, but not time. So Tiberius was in his fifteenth year of rule according to Calender calculations. God bless.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
No, you don't. His reign began after year one. Do you add a year to every date? Is it 2019? You're not making any sense.

The prophecy begins from King Artaxerxes's decree in 457 BC to rebuild and restore Jerusalem. Again" Beginning in 457 BC and applying the day-year principle, we can determine the passing of 483 years from 457 BC which brings us to 27 AD (allowing for the conversion from BC to AD being one extra year)." Take note of the part I've underlined. So again, 12 +15 = 27 allowing for that one year. Now I'm done with this. You believe what you believe and I'll do the same. God bless.

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
The prophecy begins from King Artaxerxes's decree in 457 BC to rebuild and restore Jerusalem. Again" Beginning in 457 BC and applying the day-year principle, we can determine the passing of 483 years from 457 BC which brings us to 27 AD (allowing for the conversion from BC to AD being one extra year)." Take note of the part I've underlined. So again, 12 +15 = 27 allowing for that one year. Now I'm done with this. You believe what you believe and I'll do the same. God bless.
Maybe you weren't reading my posts? I didn't mention Artaxerxes once.

Anyway, the decree was issued in 458 BC, and 483 years brings us to AD 28.

TokiEl

Superstar
Maybe you weren't reading my posts? I didn't mention Artaxerxes once.

Probably just a slip up again...

- 458 + 483 = 25

So 26 AD.

But the decree in question was issued on Nisan 444 BC.

TokiEl

Superstar
If the decree was issued in 458 BC... and you're adding 483 years... then - 458 + 483 = 25... add 1 year since crossing BC/AD... brings us to 26 AD.

Jesus began his ministry in AD 28. That's the first year after the 483 years were completed, and it's also the 15th year of Tiberius' reign.
I've posted two written old records that place Tiberius 1st year to Olympiad 198 year 2 and his 16th year to Olympiad 202 year 2.

TokiEl

Superstar
Your math is wrong. Read The Coming Prince. It's a pretty short book, and it details everything.
No math is not wrong. Look...

From 2BC to 3AD (- 2 -1 1 2 3) In calc - 2 + 4 = 2 but remember to add 1 year when crossing BC/AD so 3AD.

From 458BC to XAD (- 458 -457 -etcetc - 1 1 2 etcetc) In calc - 458 + 483 = 25 but remember to add 1 year when crossing BC/AD so 26AD.

phipps

Star
Nebuchadnezzar's Dream in Daniel 2

1 And in the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar Nebuchadnezzar dreamed dreams, wherewith his spirit was troubled, and his sleep brake from him.
2 Then the king commanded to call the magicians, and the astrologers, and the sorcerers, and the Chaldeans, for to shew the king his dreams. So they came and stood before the king.
3 And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit was troubled to know the dream.
4 Then spake the Chaldeans to the king in Syriack, O king, live for ever: tell thy servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation.
5 The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, The thing is gone from me: if ye will not make known unto me the dream, with the interpretation thereof, ye shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made a dunghill.
6 But if ye shew the dream, and the interpretation thereof, ye shall receive of me gifts and rewards and great honour: therefore shew me the dream, and the interpretation thereof.
7 They answered again and said, Let the king tell his servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation of it.
8 The king answered and said, I know of certainty that ye would gain the time, because ye see the thing is gone from me.
9 But if ye will not make known unto me the dream, there is but one decree for you: for ye have prepared lying and corrupt words to speak before me, till the time be changed: therefore tell me the dream, and I shall know that ye can shew me the interpretation thereof.
10 The Chaldeans answered before the king, and said, There is not a man upon the earth that can shew the king's matter: therefore there is no king, lord, nor ruler, that asked such things at any magician, or astrologer, or Chaldean.
11 And it is a rare thing that the king requireth, and there is none other that can shew it before the king, except the gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh.

Commentary for verses 2:1-11 The Chaldeans were highly educated advisors to King Nebuchadnezzar. “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” 1 Corinthians 2:14. The Holy Spirit blesses the humble sincere searcher after truth with understanding that the “wise men” of the world are unable to comprehend

12 For this cause the king was angry and very furious, and commanded to destroy all the wise men of Babylon.
13 And the decree went forth that the wise men should be slain; and they sought Daniel and his fellows to be slain.
14 Then Daniel answered with counsel and wisdom to Arioch the captain of the king's guard, which was gone forth to slay the wise men of Babylon:
15 He answered and said to Arioch the king's captain, Why is the decree so hasty from the king? Then Arioch made the thing known to Daniel.
16 Then Daniel went in, and desired of the king that he would give him time, and that he would shew the king the interpretation.
17 Then Daniel went to his house, and made the thing known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions:
18 That they would desire mercies of the God of heaven concerning this secret; that Daniel and his fellows should not perish with the rest of the wise men of Babylon.
19 Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.

Commentary for verses 2:13-19 God chose Daniel, a man of upright character, to be His representative to the court of the most powerful empire in the world. God honored Daniel’s fervent prayer, and provided him with the interpretation of the king’s dreams. Daniel took no credit to himself, but instead directed all the glory and honor to God. Because of his faithfulness and honesty the king eventually promoted Daniel to a high position in the government of Babylon.

20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:
21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:
22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.
23 I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king's matter.
24 Therefore Daniel went in unto Arioch, whom the king had ordained to destroy the wise men of Babylon: he went and said thus unto him; Destroy not the wise men of Babylon: bring me in before the king, and I will shew unto the king the interpretation.
25 Then Arioch brought in Daniel before the king in haste, and said thus unto him, I have found a man of the captives of Judah, that will make known unto the king the interpretation.
26 The king answered and said to Daniel, whose name was Belteshazzar, Art thou able to make known unto me the dream which I have seen, and the interpretation thereof?
27 Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king;
28 But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;
29 As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came into thy mind upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that revealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass.
30 But as for me, this secret is not revealed to me for any wisdom that I have more than any living, but for their sakes that shall make known the interpretation to the king, and that thou mightest know the thoughts of thy heart.
31 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible.
32 This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,
33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.
34Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

36 This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king.
37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.
38 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.

Commentary for 2:36-38 Nebuchadnezzar was shown the “political” future of the world. The “head of gold” is a fitting symbol for Babylon’s incomparable luxury and magnificence. Babylon was followed by the nations of Medo-Persia, Greece and Rome which eventually separated into the nations of Europe. Each succeeding kingdom was to be inferior to the previous. Yet each kingdom was also stronger in military might than the ones that came before. This prophecy reveals the basic outline of the major prophecies of Daniel and Revelation: they start in the prophet’s day and extend to the end of time.

39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.
40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.
41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.
42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.
43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.
44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Commentary 2:42-44 The nations of Europe represented by the “iron mixed with miry clay,” have attempted many times to “mingle themselves” into a single alloy. But the prophecy says, “they shall not cleave [join] one to another.” The military might of these nations has failed to reunite them as an empire, as have treaties, alliances and diplomacy. The royal families of Europe had intermarried their children so frequently that as the time of World War 1 they were all related to one another. Many have tried to put these nations together again; Charlemagne (AD 800), Napoleon Bonaparte (1800), Kaiser Wilhelm 1 (1914-1918), and Adolf Hitler (1939-1945). All have failed. This prophecy shows that the next great event in world history is the coming of the kingdom of God, which will destroy all earthly powers, and will continue forever.

45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.
46 Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel, and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him.
47 The king answered unto Daniel, and said, Of a truth it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret.

Commentary for verses 2:45-47 The validity of this prophecy has been borne out of history. Babylon was overthrown by Medo-Persia, which was in turn conquered by Greece, which was then overcome by Rome. Rome, rather than suffering defeat from another world power, slowly dissolved into the nations of Europe. There is only one part of this prophecy that remains to be fulfilled. God will “set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed.” He will restore this world to the original beauty and perfection of Eden, and His people to a life of health and happiness. See Revelation 21 and 22. We can have confidence that all these things will come to pass because God Himself has promised. For “the dream is certain and the interpretation thereof sure.”

48 Then the king made Daniel a great man, and gave him many great gifts, and made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon, and chief of the governors over all the wise men of Babylon.
49 Then Daniel requested of the king, and he set Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, over the affairs of the province of Babylon: but Daniel sat in the gate of the king.

Last edited: