The poppy movie

Aero

Superstar
I already feel like I could of made a better movie about Poppy

Tikawanda

Established
I don't understand what her appeal is, unless insipidness is en vogue right now.

The Zone

Star
I saw it. You can too with a trial membership. They are sinking more money into her and there is a ton of symbolism while making fun of the Devil, Illumnated music industry, etc. FWIW, it is not a movie, but a series on You Tube Red. She has made another album in Japan as well and still on a mini tour. It is a project yet is it in your face stuff on the industry or satire? There is a long interview with Titanic Sinclair who is more open in the past via Adobe editing. They claim to want to entertain with things which makes you uncomfortable where you question whether you like it yet do. She/Poppy has surprisingly remained in character to date.

RoccoV54

Rookie
I saw it. You can too with a trial membership. They are sinking more money into her and there is a ton of symbolism while making fun of the Devil, Illumnated music industry, etc. FWIW, it is not a movie, but a series on You Tube Red. She has made another album in Japan as well and still on a mini tour. It is a project yet is it in your face stuff on the industry or satire? There is a long interview with Titanic Sinclair who is more open in the past via Adobe editing. They claim to want to entertain with things which makes you uncomfortable where you question whether you like it yet do. She/Poppy has surprisingly remained in character to date.
I just watched this also. It’s complete satire but also eerie, especially the opening and closing sequences. I wonder when the next episode is out, I enjoyed the first and may even go see her in concert this month haha

The Zone

Star
It is satire but leaves enough mystery to wonder if it is in your face and actual in her decent. She has another album coming out called Poppy.church any time now. She has also hired a manager beyond Titanic Sinclair. In a recent appearance on MTV's TRL she remained in character and on one hand it looks as if she is embracing becoming famous. OTOH, she is stand offish with a host and it is odd to me how she and Sinclair seem to be either making fun of the show or just doing their thing no matter what. Here are several recent articles on the situation -

The new Warhol show...

...and another

I have interest in this because of the approach and how they are handling fame. Would they sell out or are they indeed making fun of the industry. Or could the industry easily buy them? It is a fun social experiment to keep up with for me.

Last edited:

RoccoV54

Rookie
I like the fact that Poppy is still relatively unknown to the mainstream public. None of my friends know who she is and they don’t play her music on the radio nor is she all over the tabloids. It’s an interesting pop culture/social media project. I think her and Titanic both enjoy taking the piss out of the industry, other pop stars (titanic shaded T. swift in a recent interview, and to a certain degree exposing elite/Illuminati practices. Let’s enjoy it while we still can....