The Palestinian News You Don't See

rainerann

Star
It's been a little while now since the US abstained from the vote over Israeli settlements. At the time, there was a whole lot of jargin from the Christian right over how we were going to be judged for this and quoting verses from the Bible inappropriately about people being cursed when they stand against Israel. If anything we have been cursed for helping Israel since the end of the war.

Either way, our UN representative made a very professional statement about why we abstained from the vote. She said that Israel's position fluctuates between being willing to create a two-state solution while endeavoring to expand Israeli settlements. Basically, you can't have it both ways. You can't expand settlements and pretend that you are willing to create a two-state solution. I was actually very proud of this decision as a American and at how eloquently she explained the reasoning for it. As a Christian, I cannot support a double-minded endeavor. Israel needs to be more forthcoming. They don't want a two-state solution clearly. They just don't have any other choice but to pretend they do because the land is not becoming theirs in any way that could be considered effortless. Therefore, Israel is just as guilty of signing treaties in vain as the Palestinians.

In reality, claiming that Israel is willing to create a two-state solution is propaganda in my opinion. They never have been, nor ever will be, willing to create a two-state solution. It is all or nothing in reality. So Israel is just as guilty as Palestine could be considered guilty in every way, shape, and form. Palestine may not be adequately prepared to deal with an entity like Israel, but that doesn't mean Israel is innocent. It means Palestine is not very good at the chess game they are building in Israel so to speak. They don't have the rules for the game, which gives Israel the advantage; so they act out according to what they know, which may legitimately seem a little behind the curve. Maybe like trying to use DOS while your opponent is using a newer operating system that works faster for comparison.

So, I don't necessarily think that Palestine is innocent, but I do believe they are disadvantaged and it just as much my responsibility as a Christian to be concerned for their safety and salvation as it is for me to be concerned for the safety and salvation of the Jewish people.

Last edited:

Kung Fu

Superstar
I am also happy to report that the same "good tree," the United Nations, which produced the "good fruit" of Israel seems presently in labor and may yet produce another, the State of Palestine, despite the howls of displeasure from the hard-core Zionist crowd
Truly nothing would surprise me at this point but I find it will be difficult for the UN to create a separate Palestinian state when you have, I believe over 500, 000, armed to the teeth Jewish settlers who have already farmed the land sitting on what was supposed to be left over land that was meant for the Palestinians and their state.

I see two possible solutions. The first, you either remove those 500, 000 or so settlers by force (they're not leaving of their own accord) or you go for the one state for all solution.

Thunderian

Superstar
Israel breaks peace agreements every day when it arrests/assaults/kills Palestinians for no reason.
Which particular agreements are the Israelis breaking by taking action against Palestinian terror?

The useless 'Palestinian Authority' led by the traitor Abbas who shamelessly work with Israel (and controlled by them) agree to the 'Peace' agreements. Not the Palestinians..
Can you give one example of Abbas working with Israel?

How about all the settlements that Israel keeps building in the West Bank? Doesn't this constitute as breaking the treaties?
I don't know, does it? Which treaties, specifically, is Israel breaking? Which settlements are you speaking of?

They never stopped building, in fact, new approvals were issued for additional settlements in the place of Palestinians houses that were built ages ago.
I realize that everyone just accepts that the Jews do this, but do you have a link where we can all read about these Israeli homes that are going to be built on the rubble of ancestral Palestinian homes? Any link will do.

Its amazing how people still think that the PA is legitimate. This shows how ignorant you are on the matter,
So why aren't the Palestinians doing something about it? All we hear is that the PA and Hamas are agents of Israel and don't represent the Palestinians, so maybe you can tell me the difference between what the PA and Hamas are working for, and what the Palestinian people wish they were doing instead.

Thunderian

Superstar
I have already played my tennis match in this thread and am reluctant to play another, but I will point out, without descending into polemics or "meme wars," that, far from being "notoriously anti-Israel," at least invariably, it is to the United Nations that Israel points, and pointed, when it claims legitimacy for the very establishment of its state. I am also happy to report that the same "good tree," the United Nations, which produced the "good fruit" of Israel seems presently in labor and may yet produce another, the State of Palestine, despite the howls of displeasure from the hard-core Zionist crowd (not referring, in this case, to you @Thunderian).
"On the 29th November, 1947, the United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution calling for the establishment of a Jewish State in Eretz-Israel; the General Assembly required the inhabitants of Eretz-Israel to take such steps as were necessary on their part for the implementation of that resolution. This recognition by the United Nations of the right of the Jewish people to establish their State is irrevocable ...

ACCORDINGLY WE, MEMBERS OF THE PEOPLE'S COUNCIL, REPRESENTATIVES OF THE JEWISH COMMUNITY OF ERETZ-ISRAEL AND OF THE ZIONIST MOVEMENT, ARE HERE ASSEMBLED ON THE DAY OF THE TERMINATION OF THE BRITISH MANDATE OVER ERETZ-ISRAEL AND, BY VIRTUE OF OUR NATURAL AND HISTORIC RIGHT AND ON THE STRENGTH OF THE RESOLUTION OF THE UNITED NATIONS GENERAL ASSEMBLY, HEREBY DECLARE THE ESTABLISHMENT OF A JEWISH STATE IN ERETZ-ISRAEL, TO BE KNOWN AS THE STATE OF ISRAEL."

Source
I think 1947 was the last time the UN did anything in Israel's favour. The UN general assembly passed 20 resolutions against Israel just last year.

Thunderian

Superstar
Israel needs to be more forthcoming. They don't want a two-state solution clearly. They just don't have any other choice but to pretend they do because the land is not becoming theirs in any way that could be considered effortless. Therefore, Israel is just as guilty of signing treaties in vain as the Palestinians.
Two-thirds of Israelis want a two-state solution.

Thunderian

Superstar
Truly nothing would surprise me at this point but I find it will be difficult for the UN to create a separate Palestinian state when you have, I believe over 500, 000, armed to the teeth Jewish settlers who have already farmed the land sitting on what was supposed to be left over land that was meant for the Palestinians and their state.

I see two possible solutions. The first, you either remove those 500, 000 or so settlers by force (they're not leaving of their own accord) or you go for the one state for all solution.
Palestinians were offered a state in 1947 and have been offered one at least two more times since then and have turned it down each time.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I think 1947 was the last time the UN did anything in Israel's favour. The UN general assembly passed 20 resolutions against Israel just last year.
And what have those resolutions done except for getting Israel to expand its control over Palestine and build more settlements on occupied Palestinian territory?

Those resolutions are just a joke and a farce. They can pass all the resolutions they want but if they're not going to do anything about it then they're more worthless than the dirt beneith my shoes. I'm of the opinion that they pass those resolutions to cater to most of the nations of the world in order to show them that they're against Israel.

"theatricality and deception are powerful agents to the uninitiated" -Bane, The Dark Knight Rises

Last edited:

Kung Fu

Superstar
Palestinians were offered a state in 1947 and have been offered one at least two more times since then and have turned it down each time.
Israel has played nothing but games and have been telling bold-face lies ever since and I don't believe for a second that they would have honoured that agreement even if the Palestinians did take it. Also, why should Palestinians have to be forced to give up their land when it was Europe that persecuted them? And you still haven't answered my question. Would you not defend your home if people decided to come in through force and tell you that your home and whatever belongs in it is theirs now? Would you accept living in a corner of your house while they kept the rest? Would you then accept their older brother as an arbitrator to how many square feet of the house deserve after they have taken it away from you?

The answers to all those questions should be a resounding "NO" so why then should the Palestinians have to accept their lands being colonized and taken over when we here teach kids in schools that military occupation is wrong, that colonizing is wrong, and that apartheid is wrong yet Israel is guilty of all of this and the West supports it. Hypocrites the lot of you lol. But I guess I'm not surprised considering your Satanic masters need it for their grand plan.

Lisa

Superstar
JERUSALEM, Israel – On the same day Israel celebrated its 69th birthday, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, better known as UNESCO, passed a resolution declaring Israel an "occupying power" in Jerusalem.

"All legislative and administrative measures and actions taken by Israel, the occupying power, which have altered or purport to alter the character and status of the Holy City of Jerusalem, and in particular the "basic law" on Jerusalem, are null and void and must be rescinded forthwith," the resolution stated.

Last October, UNESCO passed a similar resolution denying Jewish ties to the Temple Mount and Western Wall in Jerusalem's Old City, declaring them Muslim "holy sites."

Ya....those Jews are close alright :rolleyes:

Serendipity

Established
You know what @Thunderian, we keep going around in circles discussing the whole Palestine/Israel issue. One day, the truth will come out and one of us will realize how wrong they were (most probably you :p). I would think you would have more sympathy considering where you come from but oh well..

Serendipity

Established
JERUSALEM, Israel – On the same day Israel celebrated its 69th birthday, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, better known as UNESCO, passed a resolution declaring Israel an "occupying power" in Jerusalem.

"All legislative and administrative measures and actions taken by Israel, the occupying power, which have altered or purport to alter the character and status of the Holy City of Jerusalem, and in particular the "basic law" on Jerusalem, are null and void and must be rescinded forthwith," the resolution stated.

Last October, UNESCO passed a similar resolution denying Jewish ties to the Temple Mount and Western Wall in Jerusalem's Old City, declaring them Muslim "holy sites."

Ya....those Jews are close alright :rolleyes:
Please Lisa, please. I am literally begging you here to get your facts right before posting anything about Palestine/Israel. Please read more about the area and then you will understand why it was declared a Muslim holy site.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar

rainerann

Star
Netanyahu Tells European Leaders Concern for Palestinian Rights Is “Crazy”

EXCERPTED:
Netanyahu’s private description of Israel as part of Europe, and the recent increase in pressure on Israel from the E.U. calls to mind the analysis of the historian Tony Judt, in an interview published in The London Review of Books shortly after his death in 2010.

Asked by Kristina Boži?, “Is there anything Europe can do to exert pressure on Israel?” Judt’s reply is worth quoting at length:

Israel wants two things more than anything else in the world. The first is American aid. This it has. As long as it continues to get American aid without conditions it can do stupid things for a very long time, damaging Palestinians and damaging Israel without running any risk.

However, the second thing Israel wants is an economic relationship with Europe as a way to escape from the Middle East. The joke is that Jews spent a hundred years desperately trying to have a state in the Middle East. Now they spend all their time trying to get out of the Middle East. They don’t want to be there economically, culturally or politically – they don’t feel part of it and don’t want to be part of it. They want to be part of Europe and therefore it is here that the EU has enormous leverage. If the EU said: ‘So long as you break international laws, you can’t have the privileges of partial economic membership, you can’t have internal trading rights, you can’t be part of the EU market,’ this would be a huge issue in Israel, second only to losing American military aid. We don’t even have to talk about Gaza, just the Occupied Territories.

Why do Europeans not do it? Here, the problem of blackmail is significant. And it is not even active blackmail but self-blackmail. When I talk about these things in Holland or in Germany, people say to me: ‘We couldn’t do that. Don’t forget, we are in Europe. Think of what we did to the Jews. We can’t use economic leverage against Israel. We can’t be a critic of Israel, we can’t use our strength as a huge economic actor to pressure the Jewish state. Why? Because of Auschwitz.’ I understand this argument very well. Many of my family were killed in Auschwitz. However, this is ridiculous. Europe can’t live indefinitely on the credit of someone else’s crimes to justify a state that creates and commits its own crimes.

If Zionism is to succeed as a representation of the original ideas of the Zionist founders, Israel has to become a normal state. That was the idea. Israel should not be special because it is Jewish. Jews are to have a state just like everyone else has a state. It should have no more rights than Slovenia and no fewer. Therefore, it also has to behave like a state. It has to declare its frontiers, recognise international law, sign international treaties and agreements. Furthermore, other countries have to behave towards it the way they would towards any other state that broke those laws. Otherwise it is treated as special and Zionism as a project has failed.

People will say: ‘Why are we picking on Israel? What about Libya? Yemen? Burma? China? All of which are much worse.’ Fine. But we are missing two things: first, Israel describes itself as a democracy and so it should be compared with democracies not with dictatorships; second, if Burma came to the EU and said, ‘It would be a huge advantage for us if we could have privileged trading rights with you,’ Europe would say: ‘First you have to release political prisoners, hold elections, open up your borders.’ We have to say the same things to Israel. Otherwise we are acknowledging that a Jewish state is an unusual thing – a weird, different thing that is not to be treated like every other state. It is the European bad conscience that is part of the problem.
There are really good points in this article. However, I don't think the writer realizes that having ties with Europe and the US was always part of the plan to establish Israel. Theordore Herzl has a whole discussion on the subject of foreign relations for when Jews are in the process of emigrating to Israel and after this in his book "The Jewish State." He basically tries to make the argument that it would be detrimental to European countries for the Jews to leave en masse at one point like he thinks he would be doing Europe a favor by maintaining banking institutions and other business functions in Europe even when the Jews would be returning to Israel.

The idea all along was to maintain connections with other countries while they would center themselves in Israel so they could still maintain control in the countries they were leaving. That was the plan all along of the early Zionist leaders.