The Palestinian News You Don't See

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
There's fault on both sides, mostly because of factionalism? The point I'm trying to make with my post about the process is that when I research this issue, this is the media I am seeing. It doesn't look good man and I would have to say is a very serious PR problem. Look, I use to be a fan of their country like most people were, but then it was like everything turned to heavyhandedness and was then shown all over the world on the internet and TV. That stuff is hard for people to watch and not think there is some kind of injustice going on there. Anyway, my post isn't an opinion piece, it's an analysis of the situation and how it looks to the world in the media. it literally takes seconds to find the media. Keep that in mind... (<>..<>)

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
It doesn't look good man and I would have to say is a very serious PR problem.
When you only post bad things about Jews, you can see where the problem comes from, can't you? The truth is that it's much better to be an Arab in Israel than a Jew almost anywhere else. Please read the following article and let me know what you think.

Top Red Cross Official in Israel: “There Is No Apartheid Here”
thetower.org/4910-top-red-cross-official-in-israel-there-is-no-apartheid-here/

The International Committee of the Red Cross’ (ICRC) representative to Israel and the Palestinian Authority affirmed this week that Israel neither practices apartheid nor carries out extrajudicial killings.

In an interview with Ynet, Jacques De Maio dismissed the two controversial charges, noting that “in contrast to the security systems in many countries, including Western ones, Israel allows us rapid access to senior military, prison and other security services.”

“We have a productive, efficient and professional dialogue with them,” he added. “We checked with them the question of the shooting of perpetrators of terror attacks, and we came to the unequivocal conclusion that there are no shoot to kill orders of suspects by IDF, as some political elements tried to convince us. Rules of engagement have not changed, and became even stricter.”

De Maio explained that when individual soldiers act in violation of IDF guidelines, the ICRC reports the activity and usually receives a “substantive” response from authorities. “So we rejected the accusation, and immediately there were those who claimed that we were whitewashing IDF war crimes and serving the Zionists,” he said.

In response to accusations that Israel practices apartheid, De Maio observed that “the Red Cross was very familiar with the regime that prevailed in South Africa during the apartheid period, and we are responding to all those who raise their claim of apartheid against Israel: No, there is no apartheid here, no regime of superiority of race, of denial of basic human rights to a group of people because of their alleged racial inferiority.”

“There is a bloody national conflict, whose most prominent and tragic characteristic is its continuation over the years, decades-long, and there is a state of occupation. Not apartheid,” he stressed.

Nkululeko Nkosi, a South African youth leader, strongly rebuked the charge that Israel is an apartheid state earlier this month and called on activists to stop appropriating the term when describing its conflict with the Palestinians.

Benjamin Pogrund, an activist who was jailed for opposing the apartheid regime in South Africa, wrote in The New York Times last month that Israel “is nothing like South Africa before 1994. Those who accuse Israel of apartheid — some even say, ‘worse than apartheid’ — have forgotten what actual apartheid was, or are ignorant, or malevolent.”

“South African apartheid rigidly enforced racial laws,” Pogrund observed. “Israel is not remotely comparable. Yet the members of the B.D.S. movement are not stupid. For them to propagate this analogy in the name of human rights is cynical and manipulative. It reveals their true attitude toward Jews and the Jewish state. Their aims would eliminate Israel. That is what’s at stake when we allow the apartheid comparison.”

South African human rights activist Tshediso Mangope drew upon the history of his country in order to refute inaccurate portrayals of Israel, such as that it is an apartheid state, in a December 2016 article in The Tower Magazine.

Jews, Mangope noted, are not foreign conquerors of Israel, but rather its indigenous people; no one could reasonably argue that “returning to your ancestral homeland from whence you were displaced makes you a settler.” He also pointed out that while black South Africans had support from surrounding nations in their struggle, Israeli Jews historically have been shunned by their Arab neighbors, most of whom at some point have “vowed to wipe Israel off the map.”

While the central goal of black South African activists was peaceful coexistence, “most Palestinians refuse to recognize Israel’s right to exist,” and even “essentially supported the call for the genocide of Jewish people,” Mangope noted. He concluded by writing that “the only way to protect Jewish people from all the hardships they have suffered the world over is to defend their inalienable right to self-determination” in a Jewish state.

Maj. Alaa Waheeb, the highest ranking Muslim officer in the IDF, wrote an op-ed in the Jewish News in March 2016 expressing pride in the role he plays in Israeli society. He recounted being on a speaking tour of the United Kingdom with a Jewish medic: “We were the Muslim who protects Jewish lives, and the Jew who saves Muslim lives. There’s only one country in the Middle East that could produce a couple like that – and it sure as hell isn’t an apartheid state.”

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
I'm not trying to say bad things about Jews, I'm trying to talk politically about Israel the country and analyze the situation and how this is portrayed throughout the media and then ask you, "What am I supposed to think about all this?" People shoot documentaries about it all, man. 5 Broken Cameras is a pretty good one. I read the article with interest and will note that Jimmy Carter did say that there wasn't any apartheid in Israel proper, but there was in the territories. All I can say is, I wish things would change over there but I don't see it happening, If the last 5 heads of Shin Bet call for peace and there is none then doesn't it make sense that the hawks might have eaten all the doves? (See, more media...)

Last edited:

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
I got a problem with this one: "...10's of thousands of rockets..." That's a bit of an overstatement, no? Also, Israel's not worried about being "wiped off the map", they just like to keep people thinking somebody could do it. What exactly are the Palestinians gonna use to wipe out a nuclear armed nation just bristling with conventional weaponry and who the USA taxpayer pumps up to the tune of 3.8 billion dollars a year to maintain their qualitative military edge in the region? Highly unlikely, barring an attack from another MAJOR nation. I think the mistake the world is making is not considering Israel a superpower rather than a vulnerable little nation state. Economically, technically, militarily and intelligencia wise, I think they now have to be considered somewhat of a superpower on par with larger nations. But ya know, I've never known Bibi N. to be a bullsh*t artist and a bit of a bad ham actor, have you?;)

Screenhjjhjshot_1.png

Last edited:

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
An Accelerating Palestinian Rights Movement Faces Uncertain Direction
http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/04/24/an-accelerating-palestine-rights-movement-faces-uncertain-direction/

VIDEO: Israeli police teach kids how to “confirm the kill” during elementary school demonstration
https://israelpalestinenews.org/video-israeli-police-teach-kids-confirm-kill-elementary-school-demonstration/

Israeli army shows fake amputated limbs, paints wounds on children for Independence Day
https://israelpalestinenews.org/israeli-army-shows-fake-amputated-limbs-paints-wounds-children-independence-day/

Falk & Tilley: Open Letter to UN Ambassador Nikki Haley on Our Report on Apartheid in Israel
https://israelpalestinenews.org/falk-tilley-open-letter-un-ambassador-nikki-haley-report-apartheid-israel/

VIDEO: Ambassador Nikki Haley brags about bullying the UN on behalf of Israel
https://israelpalestinenews.org/ambassador-nikki-haley-brags-bullying-un-behalf-israel/

This is not good PR man...unless you're Spartans... (<>..<>)

Last edited:

Serveto

Star
He's a great man, I have a lot admiration and respect for him. I'm sure Bibi has a lot of great advice for Trump on how to deal with some of America's problems.
I am sure that Netanyahu has all kinds of advice, and maybe a few directives, for President Trump. With that said, I do hope that Trump is smart enough to also get some advice from Nicolas Sarkozy.
New York Times (Isabel Kershner) said:
The president of France, Nicolas Sarkozy, told President Obama that he could no longer bear Benjamin Netanyahu, the prime minister of Israel, and went on to call Mr. Netanyahu a “liar” in a private conversation overheard by several French journalists last week at the Group of 20 summit meeting in Cannes.

“You are fed up with him, but I have to deal with him even more often than you,” Mr. Obama replied, according to reports that flooded the main Israeli news sites on Tuesday.
Source

UnderAlienControl

Superstar

Serveto

Star
@Serveto....shhhhh...somebody might hear you ...
That's right! "Loose lips sink ships.' Another thing we have to be really, really quiet about, except on those exceedingly rare occasions, such as, for instance, when Christiane Amanpour sheds light on them, are the so called "settlers." For instance, recently, when Netanyahu vacated squatters in the Amona Settlement, Israeli police officers found a "Death to Zionists" message written on the wall.

Who'a. "Death to Zionists?" I thought only evil Moozlim jihadists, crazed Iranian Mullahs and evil Christian and other anti-Semites said that kind of thing. But noooooo, Jewish settlers wrote it. And not one arguably American "journalist" or Fox News "infobabe" will explain to the American media-drenched masses quite why that might be, because we are all supposed to buy the notion that Zionism and Judaism are synonymous, despite the fact that any number of Jewish voices on both the political left and right end of the political spectrum say, and historically have said, otherwise.

Thunderian

Superstar
That's right! "Loose lips sink ships.' Another thing we have to be really, really quiet about, except on those exceedingly rare occasions, such as, for instance, when Christiane Amanpour sheds light on them, are the so called "settlers." For instance, recently, when Netanyahu vacated squatters in the Amona Settlement, Israeli police officers found a "Death to Zionists" message written on the wall.

Who'a. "Death to Zionists?" I thought only evil Moozlim jihadists, crazed Iranian Mullahs and evil Christian and other anti-Semites said that kind of thing. But noooooo, Jewish settlers wrote it. And not one arguably American "journalist" or Fox News "infobabe" will explain to the American media-drenched masses quite why that might be, because we are all supposed to buy the notion that Zionism and Judaism are synonymous, despite the fact that any number of Jewish voices on both the political left and right end of the political spectrum say, and historically have said, otherwise.
Just curious. What makes you think Jewish settlers wrote that?

Serveto

Star
@Thunderian, there were many, especially Israeli, reports on the incident, including the one I link above (which is from an American paper), and the settlers are an insular, religiously endogamous bunch. They do not take kindly to being vacated from property, even when required to do so by their fellow Israelis.

If you are interested in some ideological background of especially Rabbi Kook's, or should I say both Rabbis Kooks', disciples, as it relates to Zionism, this is an excellent, though somewhat dated book. It also explores Christian and Islamic fundamentalist strains.

Source

Last edited:

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
WATCH: Israeli Comedian Says ‘Wake Up And Smell The Apartheid’
http://forward.com/fast-forward/365093/watch-israeli-comedian-says-wake-up-and-smell-the-apartheid/

“We’re doing great and there are a couple million people we’re responsible for and they’re in an horrible state, infrastructure, food, healthcare, education,” he said, in the closing minutes of the last installment of his program.

With that statement, he could also be describing the USA. Sounds like the same people are running both countries... ;)

Thunderian

Superstar
@Thunderian, there were many, especially Israeli, reports on the incident, including the one I link above (which is from an American paper), and the settlers are an insular, religiously endogamous bunch. They do not take kindly to being vacated from the property.
Why would settlers write something like that on the walls of a synagogue? How does that add up?

Serveto

Star
My guess would be, and only a guess it is, that they were of the same, or related, spiritual lineage. The book is fascinating in that it describes how, by reacting against the (secular) Jewish Haskhala, or "Enlightenment," many especially ultra-orthodox Jews repudiated Zionism as a usurpation of the Messianic ideal. In the case of Amona, not only did somebody write "Death to Zionists," they also equated Zionism to Nazism (by means of a swastika).

A lot of information would probably also be online by searching key words: "Gush Emunim, Rabbi Kook, Zionism, Haskhala." When I have more time, I will see if I can find a good, informative article. As I said, though, at this point I am drawing largely upon the contents of Bruce Lawrence's comprehensive, peer-reviewed book on the topic. This, by the way, is what I was trying to say. If more journalists and "infobabes" did their work, these things would be more generally known. Why do you suppose they are not?