The Pagan X-mass/Yuletide/Saturnalia

It’s really not why He came to earth is it?
He didn't come to Earth so we would start working out. Many people work out. Is working out bad because that wasn't why Christ came to Earth?

Freeman said:
he would not imagine or theorize on what Christ would like or not like.
Yes, I was about to say. So why are you theorizing?

A Freeman

Superstar
He didn't come to Earth so we would start working out. Many people work out. Is working out bad because that wasn't why Christ came to Earth?
1 Timothy 3:7-8
3:7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself [rather] unto Godliness.
3:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but Godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the Life that now is, and of that which is to come.

From the quoted article on the pagan yuletide:
A true Christian would be one who follows Christ's Way, does what He did, loves what He loved and hates what he hates - he would not imagine or theorize on what Christ would like or not like.
Yes, I was about to say. So why are you theorizing?
Why do you routinely accuse others of doing what YOU are actually doing?

Did you not say this:-
@Artful Revealer
If you think Christ would hate Christmas, you know nothing of Christ and nothing of Christmas.
When Christ Himself, in His Revelation to John, said this:-

Revelation 2:6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes (followers of Santa [Ni]-Claus - Yuletide, Easter [Ishtar - a goddess of fertility - eggs a symbol of fertility] etc.), WHICH I ALSO HATE.

Revelation 2:15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the followers of St. [Ni]-Claus (Yuletide), WHICH THING I HATE.

Christ very clearly stated He HATES Christmas. So why are YOU theorizing the exact opposite?

Why do you so frequently imagine in your mind that you are right and that Christ is wrong (Gen. 6:5, Isa. 5:20-21)?

The word "Satan" means "the Opposer" and God's Adversary, so anyone who takes the opposite position to Christ's, as you so often do, is satanic and anti-Christ.

The reason Christ hates Christ-mass is explained in the article and should be self-evident to anyone being honest with themselves.

Christ-mass/X-mass is the most materialistic event on the calendar. Advertising and peer pressure has people spending money they don't have on things they don't need, to impress people they really don't know, because they spend the rest of the years avoiding them. Some estimates put retail sales for the silly season at 40-60% of the annual sales for many companies, so they depend heavily on X-mass sales to keep their businesses afloat.

All of these plastic throw-away toys and other senseless junk that's purchased and packaged with even more plastic and cardboard IS destroying the environment. That's what materialism does; it gets people to theorize that we are somehow able to sustain infinite economic growth using planetary resources that are quite obviously FINITE in nature, instead of conserving everything (i.e. wasting nothing) as Christ showed us by His Example when He sent His Disciples out to gather the crumbs that were left after the feeding of four and five thousand.

THAT is what X-mass is all about and the real reason for the silly season: to make a mockery of Christ's Mission to offer us salvation from this madness and TO DESTROY EVERYTHING. Anyone foolish enough to believe Santa/Satan and continue to fight with him against Christ, so they can continue enjoying these pagan rites and rituals, is going to BURN.

Revelation 11:18 And the nations were angry, and Thy wrath is come, and the Time of the "Dead" (Matt. 8:22), that they should be Judged, and that Thou shouldest give reward unto Thy Servants the Prophets, and to the holy people, and them that fear Thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the Earth.

How sick is it that people can be so easily conned into doing something they mistakenly think is "for the children" when in TRUTH these evil practices are destroying the planet and the futures of those very same children (spoiling them), along with training the children to be liars by the liars who continue to promote and defend such patently evil practices.

The LIE of the supposed birthday of Jesus was simply added to indoctrinate and incorporate Christians into these overtly pagan/heathen Yuletide/Saturnalia traditions and promote materialism. X-mass/Yuletide/Saturnalia and the birth of Jesus are, by their very nature, mutually exclusive.

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and materialism.

Why not this Christ-mass/X-mass show Christ your love, respect and appreciation for all He's done by shunning this overtly pagan, satanic holiday that celebrates Satan/Santa? Wouldn't that be the best use of everyone's time, to begin putting an end to all of this insanity?

Why do you routinely accuse others of doing what YOU are actually doing?

Did you not say this:-

When Christ Himself, in His Revelation to John, said this:-

Revelation 2:6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes (followers of Santa [Ni]-Claus - Yuletide, Easter [Ishtar - a goddess of fertility - eggs a symbol of fertility] etc.), WHICH I ALSO HATE.

Revelation 2:15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the followers of St. [Ni]-Claus (Yuletide), WHICH THING I HATE.

Christ very clearly stated He HATES Christmas. So why are YOU theorizing the exact opposite?
Saint Nicholas of Myra is 4th century AD. This history and scripture you're construing / altering around your theology may work on a barbarian, but be so kind to grant me a modicum of respect.

You're the one claiming to know what Christ would hate. My response to you is that if you think Christ hates, you don't know Christ. If you think Christ would hate a feast of hope and charity and the remembrance of God's gift to us, because of your ludicrous interpretations of scripture, you don't know Christ. You're as far away from Christ as any self-proclaiming follower of Christ I've ever seen. You're a Pharisee.

A Freeman

Superstar
Saint Nicholas of Myra is 4th century AD. This history and scripture you're construing / altering around your theology may work on a barbarian, but be so kind to grant me a modicum of respect.

You're the one claiming to know what Christ would hate. My response to you is that if you think Christ hates, you don't know Christ. If you think Christ would hate a feast of hope and charity and the remembrance of God's gift to us, because of your ludicrous interpretations of scripture, you don't know Christ. You're as far away from Christ as any self-proclaiming follower of Christ I've ever seen. You're a Pharisee.
The following are excerpts from the wikipedia article on "Saint Nicholas of Myra":-

"Very little is known about the historical Saint Nicholas. The earliest accounts of his life were written centuries after his death* and contain many legendary elaborations."

"An early list makes him an attendee at the First Council of Nicaea in 325, but he is never mentioned in any writings by people who were actually at the council."

"Very little at all is known about Saint Nicholas's historical life.[10][11] Any writings Nicholas himself may have produced have been lost[12] and he is not mentioned by any contemporary chroniclers"

*No one knows when this mythical character "Saint Nicholas of Myra" actually died (or even if he ever existed), so they made up a "traditional" date of death for him.

If you want to believe in yet another RCC fabricated fairy tale, this time of "Saint Nicholas of Myra" purportedly from the 4th century AD, and regurgitate that Roman propaganda as "evidence" of anything other than your own gullibility, that's your business. The pagan yuletide with its reindeer and conifer trees fastened to immovable bases and decked with silver and gold predates your mythical Roman Catholic fantasy character by many centuries, which is why that well-established pagan practice was being written about in Jeremiah 10:2-4 a thousand years earlier.

I don't "think" Christ hates the pagan X-mass/yuletide superstitious nonsense that the RCC incorporated into their Babylonian mystery religion; I simply take Christ's own words on the subject at face value--which, coming from Him are the TRUTH of the matter--in preference over any RCC propaganda, which is nothing but LIES.

Conversely, you're attempting to argue the exact opposite of what Christ actually said again, this time using a mythical Roman Catholic propaganda to justify opposing Christ, which will NEVER work.

No wonder Christ warned any of His Children who may still be caught up in the RCC/Great Whore to COME OUT OF HER before He destroys that abomination (Rev. 2:20-23, Rev. 18:4).

Last edited:

DavidSon

Star
I must say it's positive that on this day the Nazarite, the holy man, is still remembered. Here in the West, stores shut down and shopping is nearly impossible. Regardless of individual interpretation the holy man and God the Source of All is held in esteem. It's hard to put a finger on exactly why but even for the agnostic there is an obvious buzz or excitement to Christmas that is like no other religious holiday. Underneath the garbage and materialism it shows there is still a thread of spirituality that lives on.

A Freeman

Superstar
That almost makes telling and spreading lies about the birth of Jesus sound magnanimous.

DavidSon

Star
That almost makes telling and spreading lies about the birth of Jesus sound magnanimous.
Magnanimous is such a great word, thanks for reminding us of it. I feel we should all try to show magnanimity. Possibly the single greatest quality when we think of creation is mercy. "For His mercy endures forever". I guess before I've felt as you, revolted at the mis-representation and triviality of Christmas, but lately I'm a little more at peace with reality. Just as moods change, our perception of life and the Supreme can change too.

As Islam teaches, nothing is completely evil. Speaking online we have this habit of using such extreme hyperbole, with dramatic language, while grossly oversimplifying subjects. Here at VC the statements that someone is "satanic" and "anti-christ" are overused to the point that the words lose their meaning. IMO extreme, fundamentalist interpretation obscures a truth which is far more nuanced.

Christmas may be silly but there are positive qualities within the holiday, that's all I'm saying.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I must say it's positive that on this day the Nazarite, the holy man, is still remembered. Here in the West, stores shut down and shopping is nearly impossible. Regardless of individual interpretation the holy man and God the Source of All is held in esteem. It's hard to put a finger on exactly why but even for the agnostic there is an obvious buzz or excitement to Christmas that is like no other religious holiday. Underneath the garbage and materialism it shows there is still a thread of spirituality that lives on.
Perhaps because the main protagonist in the Christmas story went on to die, rise and lives NOW? I actually became a Christian one Christmas morning and I have fond memories of all the trappings.

I think where things went wrong is when the world began to confuse the elaborate and sometimes chintzy seasonal wrapping paper with the true gift of Christmas...

Emmanuel - God with us.

Philip Roth and most people use Jew as an ethnic identity. I see it more as a theological construct, or even a spiritual identity. A good illustration is present in the anecdote by Seth, about his mother explaining that Jesus is the Messiah to his father. The father's reaction, the initial spiritual state when his wife told him of Jesus, is what makes him a Jew. This is further corroborated by Seth's testimony on how learning of Jesus became an identity crisis; a Jewish identity crisis. Jewish identity includes a rejection of Christ. Therefore we can no longer truly speak of Jews of those who believe in Him.

TokiEl

Superstar
Jewish identity includes a rejection of Christ. Therefore we can no longer truly speak of Jews of those who believe in Him.
But this is explained in the Bible... it was super necessary that the jews reject Jesus Christ and spill His blood which washes our sins away when we repent.

TokiEl

Superstar
Jews were because of sins blinded by YHWH... so jews can't see that Jesus is the Messiah.

Generally speaking of course.

Some see it... and soon all will.

Unbelieving Jewish identity certainly does, but to Messianic Jews, faith in Jesus is the most natural conclusion that you might reach from reading the OT.
They are considered fringe, ignorant of the Hebrew holy books and at times even treasonous by 98% of other religious Jews. Not that consensus means that much to me though.

Lyfe

Star
Id wonder if messianic jews even truly rely on Christ for salvation. I have encountered some. They still have subjected themselves to Moses law.