The original diet of mankind and the Old Testament Dietary Laws, do they still apply?

phipps

Star
Health Benefits Of Garlic And Why It Should Be Part Of our Daily Diet.

3 John 1:2, "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers."

"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food."

Those are famous words from the ancient Greek physician Hippocrates, often called the father of Western medicine.

He actually used to prescribe garlic to treat a variety of medical conditions.

Modern science has recently confirmed many of these beneficial health effects.

Here are 10 Reasons Why we should eat garlic daily:

Garlic Contains a High Amount of Antioxidants – The antioxidants destroy free radicals and reduce overall oxidative stress. Free radicals can damage DNA and cell membranes. High levels of oxidative stress have been associated with many diseases and conditions. Antioxidants are also beneficial for preventing types of cancer.

2. Garlic Lowers Your Cholesterol– A study found that the consumption of garlic reduced cholesterol by 9 to 12 percent. Reductions were noted in LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides.

3. Garlic is Antibacterial– Garlic acts as a natural antibiotic. It is able to eliminate harmful bacteria but does not kill off healthy bacteria as chemical antibiotics do.

4. Garlic is Anti-fungal– Garlic’s Allicin is also responsible for destroying fungi. Many use garlic as a means of eliminating fungal infections.

5. Garlic Thins the Blood– Garlic consumption has been shown to thin the blood which can aid in preventing heart disease, the formation of blood clots, heart attacks and stroke.

6. Garlic Boosts the Immune System– Garlic has strong antiviral properties. To many in Russia, garlic was known as “Russian Penicillin” due to its abilities to effectively treat infections. A study found that garlic is effective at preventing and treating the common cold. It found that those who consumed garlic had significantly fewer colds and the length of their cold was shortened compared to those who did not eat garlic.

7. Garlic Lowers Risk of Atherosclerosis: Studies suggest that garlic may prevent blood clots and destroy plaque which contribute to the development of atherosclerosis.

8. Garlic Lowers Blood Pressure- Garlic has been used in China for many years as blood pressure medication. Additionally, the Japanese government officially recognized garlic as a blood-pressure depressor.

9. Garlic Helps the Joints– A study found that those who eat high amounts of garlic were less likely to have osteoarthritis.

10. Garlic Prevents Cancer- Increased intake of garlic has been found to be associated with the reduced risk of certain cancers. This includes cancers of the stomach, colon, esophagus, pancreas, and breast.

1705872120763.png
1705872078009.png

ARose

Established
Genesis 1:29, And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

The Original diet God designed for mankind was 'every herb [plant] bearing seed, every fruit of the tree yielding seed,' that is, the parts of plants containing seed, i.e. fruits, nuts, grains and pulses, but not plants themselves, not vegetables. (But animals were to eat every green plant, Genesis 1:30.)

After mankind sinned, God added something extra to our diet. Genesis 3:18,
"...and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;" So as well as the seed, man was to cultivate the plants themselves, vegetables, leaves, stalks, flowers and roots, for food. Why this was so God hasn't revealed. Certainly some green vegetables, like cabbage, have powerful healing effects. The experience of Daniel and his three friends, which in only ten days showed them healthier than the others, proves that the diet God provided is the right one. Daniel 1:8-16.

God permitted man to eat meat after the flood because of the destruction it caused. Genesis 9:1-3. God had already showed Noah which animals were clean and which animals were not fit to eat when He brought the animals to the ark. God foresaw that it would take time for plants to grow after the flood. So that's why He told Noah to take the animals fit to eat by sevens and two of each of the animals not fit to eat. Genesis 7:1-2.

Just as not all plants are safe to eat, so not all animals are suitable for food. God gave a simple rule to help us know which animals are fit to eat. The clean animals have cloven hoofs and chew the cud. Although pigs have cloven hooves, they do not chew the cud so are unfit to eat, while horses have neither cloven hooves nor chew the cud so should never be eaten. Cows, sheep and deer have cloven hooves and chew the cud, so are clean meat. Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14.

If we do eat meat we should never eat the blood, Genesis 9:4 and fat, Leviticus 3:17. For this reason Orthodox Jews will only eat meat that has been drained of blood. A doctor will tell you dead blood is very poisonous because the blood carries toxic waste away to the kidneys. Cooking meat doesn't remove it. It simply evaporates the fluid, leaving the poisonous residue behind. Acts 15:20, 29 shows that the early church were led by the Holy Spirit to teach the gentiles that blood should not be eaten. Doctors now understand that fat is not good for the heart and circulation. God's word taught long ago what doctors have relatively recently just started to teach. Because of the way animals are slaughtered today, it is wiser to avoid eating meat altogether because of the amount of blood left in the meat sold at the butchers.

God also warned against eating water-creatures ( without fins and scales), birds (birds of prey and web footed birds) and insects (those which don't have jointed legs above their feet and don't hope), that are not fit to eat too.

A lot of Christians say that the lists of clean and unclean animals are just for Jews. But there were no Jews on Noah's ark when God told him about what clean and unclean animals will go into the ark. So in the early days, God instructed them in the concept of “clean” and “unclean” animals. The list predates the laws of Moses, therefore applying to all humanity, not just one particular group.

Acts 10 is quoted by many Christians who say that God told Peter to eat unclean animals in his vision and so its alright not to follow the dietary laws of the Old testament.

A) Cornelius, a Gentile, received a vision instructing him to send for Peter.

B) Peter also received a vision before Cornelius’ men came to his home. He “saw heaven opened” and a sheet descending “down to the earth.”i It was filled with unclean animals, creeping things, and fowls (Acts 10:11-12).

C) When Peter is told to “kill, and eat” he says, “Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean” (Acts 10:14). Peter was never taught by Jesus to eat anything “common or unclean.” He can’t believe the Lord would tell him to do this.

D) “Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean” (Acts 10:17). If the Lord literally told him to eat unclean animals, why would he doubt? Wouldn’t the change in dietary laws be obvious? Peter doubted because he realized the vision was symbolic—not referring to literal unclean animals.

E) When Peter came to Cornelius’ home, he realized, “God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean” (Acts 10:28, emphasis added). The Holy Spirit was given to Gentiles just as He had been given to the Jews on Pentecost. Peter learned that the Gospel message was meant for all the world, not just the Jews. The vision was not about dietary laws, but about giving the message to all—because no one has to be considered “unclean,” or unreachable by Christ’s redemption. The vision used unclean creatures as symbols of Gentile nations now called to come to God through the Gospel. Peter's vision shows us that Jesus did not abolish clean and unclean.

God has shown us about diet and lifestyle in the Bible because He is concerned about our welfare. The Bible teachings on diet have since been confirmed by scientific research. Although God gives us good advice and plenty of proof that what He shows us is true, He allows us to decide for ourselves. But we must live with the results of our decisions.

I grew up in Africa and we would pick which animals we wanted slaughtered and they were slaughtered by having their throats slit so they could bleed out just like the Jews and Muslims do. The way animals are slaughtered in the western country I live in, too much blood is left in the flesh. Its never pleasant watching an animal die or even thinking about it, but if we choose to eat meat (clean meat), we have to accept that the animals are going to die for us to enjoy the meant. And how it dies is important too. we must try to remove most of the blood and fat from the meat like the Orthodox Jews.

I am in the process of changing my diet to a plant based one because of the many diseases in farm animals too. Living in the west, we never know if we are eating healthy animals or not. A plant based diet unclogs our bodies and minds. The Bible tells us that our bodies are to be the temple for the Holy Spirit. So we are to glorify God in our bodies as well as our spiritual life. That includes what we eat and how we look after our bodies.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17
Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.

1 Corinthians 10:31
Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
“…unclean…”

Unless you really disobey and infuriate him, then he tells you to go eat dung .

phipps

Star
“…unclean…”

Unless you really disobey and infuriate him, then he tells you to go eat dung .
Context is key here isn't it? Ezekiel 4 is prophetic and uses symbolic language. So the dung is not literal. The future tense is used, showing that after Ezekiel’s time, God’s people were to be subjected to eating defiled bread (dung baked food) while scattered among the Gentiles.

Symbolically bread (food) means the Word of God. For example Jesus said, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst." And, "I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world” (John 6:35, 51).

Ezekiel 4:12 says, "And thou shalt eat it [as] barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight." This means the Word of God (the truth) will be mixed with or defiled by false doctrine.

Ezekiel 4:13, "And the LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them." This is man’s interpretation of the Word being mingled with God’s holy truth, the “bread” has been defiled and it is this that the people of God have been eating.

This is about the Church not having the pure doctrine of God which is wrong.

Last edited:

ARose

Established
Context is key here isn't it? Ezekiel 4 is prophetic and uses symbolic language. So the dung is not literal. The future tense is used, showing that after Ezekiel’s time, God’s people were to be subjected to eating defiled bread (dung baked food) while scattered among the Gentiles.

Symbolically bread (food) means the Word of God. For example Jesus said, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst." And, "I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world” (John 6:35, 51).

Ezekiel 4:12 says, "And thou shalt eat it [as] barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight." This means the Word of God (the truth) will be mixed with or defiled by false doctrine.

Ezekiel 4:13, "And the LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them." This is man’s interpretation of the Word being mingled with God’s holy truth, the “bread” has been defiled and it is this that the people of God have been eating.

This is about the Church not having the pure doctrine of God which is wrong.
The “context” is corporal punishment—physical suffering—of a disobedient people. Do you think he meant something other than that?

Ezekial is prophetic but literal; however, being given a genuine gift and duty of prophecy from God doesn’t mean a prophet will also be given the gift and duty of interpretation. Ezekial appears to struggle with documenting his literal experience with God and God’s messengers in a way that the human mind can find reference for in this flesh existence. It is perplexing but communicates truth.

If you disagree with that opinion, you’re referring to other entries as literal biblical dietary restrictions, elsewhere, which reinforces it.

The Old Testament first shows us God’s nature by his creating us and in his absolute state of “I am”, bestowing the capacity for freely given love on this creation, thus beginning humanity with a divided power that is the only thing we are ever able to give back to God that he chose to no longer be able to give to himself. As “the alpha and omega” he ultimately had to initiate it but it’s important to remember that as we interpret the rest of The Old Testament; in God’s creating us, his most profound display of his power was chosen vulnerability for something he deemed worthy of it (and that is enough.)

Lucifer’s offense was a questioning of God’s choice to do this, a questioning of how God chose to express his omnipotence and omniscience, to use his power in this way, to create us this way and with the expectation of angels serving this creation as he ordered them to.

Lucifer fell and became the liar and saboteur of man that the bible tells us he is. What is the most shattering lie? Betrayal. The greatest evil on Earth bursts from the seed of betrayal. The Old Testament is an accounting of our betrayal of God, a betrayal of he who gave us everything, over and over again and God’s addressing our betrayal, our choosing to use the love he made us capable of giving to him, to attempt to deceive and trick the giver of life (even though it is impossible that we could; the offense is that we would even try.)

Addressing betrayal continues in The New Testament, as well. Jesus did not conceal and engage in intrigues. This is an important expression of the nature of God the Father. I do not see the punishments of The Old Testament as a wanton cruelty by an all powerful tyrant; it is reforming betrayers of he who is “I am”, there is nothing before or after him, choosing to give us the power to love him or withhold that love. It’s incredible, when you really think about it, there should be a pain in realizing who we betrayed and for what.

When Lucifer challenged God, there was never a question that the creation could dominate the creator of all but those who can’t accept “I am”, can not be with him. It’s an incompatibility with his fundamental nature.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
@ARose
The “context” is corporal punishment—physical suffering—of a disobedient people. Do you think he meant something other than that?
When I said "context" I meant understanding the prophecy of Ezekiel 4 as its meant to be understood. That it is a prophecy meant for the future. I also meant understanding the symbolic language used in it. That is why I explained the baking bread with dung was not literal.

Ezekial is prophetic but literal; however, being given a genuine gift and duty of prophecy from God doesn’t mean a prophet will also be given the gift and duty of interpretation. Ezekial appears to struggle with documenting his literal experience with God and God’s messengers in a way that the human mind can find reference for in this flesh existence. It is perplexing but communicates truth.
Chapter 4 of Ezekiel is about the future though using symbolic language. Once we understand what those symbols mean then we understand what will happen/or happened in the future literally. How do we know its future?

Ezekiel 4:4-6 says, "Lie also on your left side, and lay the iniquity of the house of Israel upon it. According to the number of the days that you lie on it, you shall bear their iniquity. For I have laid on you the years of their iniquity, according to the number of the days, three hundred and ninety days; so you shall bear the iniquity of the house of Israel. And when you have completed them, lie again on your right side; then you shall bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days. I have laid on you a day for each year." Here is shown a 430 years time prophecy (a day in prophecy represents a year) in two sections, 390 years & 40 years respectively. This prophecy would be fulfilled after Ezekiel's time.

The Bible is inspired by God and is written the way it is because God intended it to be that way. We are meant to understand the Bible through the guidance Holy Spirit. Human minds can understand what Ezekiel and other prophets documented if the Holy Spirit guides them to the truth. Its only perplexing if we try to decipher the Bible on our own without God.

If you disagree with that opinion, you’re referring to other entries as literal biblical dietary restrictions, elsewhere, which reinforces it.
As Christians we have got to understand the difference between literal and symbolic language in the Bible. When food is spoken of in Ezekiel 4, its not literal but when its written of in the book of Genesis its literal because symbolic language is not used.

The Old Testament first shows us God’s nature by his creating us and in his absolute state of “I am”, bestowing the capacity for freely given love on this creation, thus beginning humanity with a divided power that is the only thing we are ever able to give back to God that he chose to no longer be able to give to himself. As “the alpha and omega” he ultimately had to initiate it but it’s important to remember that as we interpret the rest of The Old Testament; in God’s creating us, his most profound display of his power was chosen vulnerability for something he deemed worthy of it (and that is enough.)

Lucifer’s offense was a questioning of God’s choice to do this, a questioning of how God chose to express his omnipotence and omniscience, to use his power in this way, to create us this way and with the expectation of angels serving this creation as he ordered them to.

Lucifer fell and became the liar and saboteur of man that the bible tells us he is. What is the most shattering lie? Betrayal. The greatest evil on Earth bursts from the seed of betrayal. The Old Testament is an accounting of our betrayal of God, a betrayal of he who gave us everything, over and over again and God’s addressing our betrayal, our choosing to use the love he made us capable of giving to him, to attempt to deceive and trick the giver of life (even though it is impossible that we could; the offense is that we would even try.)

Addressing betrayal continues in The New Testament, as well. Jesus did not conceal and engage in intrigues. This is an important expression of the nature of God the Father. I do not see the punishments of The Old Testament as a wanton cruelty by an all powerful tyrant; it is reforming betrayers of he who is “I am”, there is nothing before or after him, choosing to give us the power to love him or withhold that love. It’s incredible, when you really think about it, there should be a pain in realizing who we betrayed and for what.

When Lucifer challenged God, there was never a question that the creation could dominate the creator of all but those who can’t accept “I am”, can not be with him. It’s an incompatibility with his fundamental nature.
?!

ARose

Established
@ARose

When I said "context" I meant understanding the prophecy of Ezekiel 4 as its meant to be understood. That it is a prophecy meant for the future. I also meant understanding the symbolic language used in it. That is why I explained the baking bread with dung was not literal.

Chapter 4 of Ezekiel is about the future though using symbolic language. Once we understand what those symbols mean then we understand what will happen/or happened in the future literally. How do we know its future?

Ezekiel 4:4-6 says, "Lie also on your left side, and lay the iniquity of the house of Israel upon it. According to the number of the days that you lie on it, you shall bear their iniquity. For I have laid on you the years of their iniquity, according to the number of the days, three hundred and ninety days; so you shall bear the iniquity of the house of Israel. And when you have completed them, lie again on your right side; then you shall bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days. I have laid on you a day for each year." Here is shown a 430 years time prophecy (a day in prophecy represents a year) in two sections, 390 years & 40 years respectively. This prophecy would be fulfilled after Ezekiel's time.

The Bible is inspired by God and is written the way it is because God intended it to be that way. We are meant to understand the Bible through the guidance Holy Spirit. Human minds can understand what Ezekiel and other prophets documented if the Holy Spirit guides them to the truth. Its only perplexing if we try to decipher the Bible on our own without God.

As Christians we have got to understand the difference between literal and symbolic language in the Bible. When food is spoken of in Ezekiel 4, its not literal but when its written of in the book of Genesis its literal because symbolic language is not used.

?!
Is it “The Holy Spirit” guiding you to discern where one starts and another ends? To interpret dietary suggestions as acts based salvation seeking beyond The New Testament? I presumed Jesus settled that debt and that we honor that by not betraying with disobedience and vanity but that we can not produce more than he has already given.

You presume your authority is Holy Spirit ordained, interpreting scripture to bounce between literal and symbolic at your elite discretion, while those who consume Ezekial’s very literal description of angel encounters, coming to the conclusion his is not purely symbolic, to be people who have interpreted on their own, devoid of Holy Spirit guidance from God or worse, demonically influenced (“?!”).

God does not need an improvement on what Jesus settled. When we encounter him again, prophesies will have ceased; there would be no need of them, no role for those who claim they are prophets and divine interpreters, as Jesus will have returned.

Yes, we are interpreting the present with biblical primer but Jesus left clear instructions of what was to be done, next. Seeking acts based salvation through adhering to dietary laws denies the authenticity of The Resurrection.

ARose

Established
@ARose

?!
Phipps, I DO think you are guided by The Holy Spirit.

What I’m trying to bring forward: Humility seems very important to God. We should remain in fearful awe that God gave us the choice to give love (and obedience to him is a confirmation of love) and he is God. We should always be aware of how undeserving we are of what he has given us. If everyone is humble, there is not competition but a reminder of this truth: Our best acts are like dirty rags before the greatness of God. We should be deeply aware of our baseness, always. The harder we work to avoid sin, the more aware of our unworthiness we should become.

This doesn’t mean I think we should live in the misery of our state but rather, have it reinforce awe and gratitude to God.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
@ARose
Is it “The Holy Spirit” guiding you to discern where one starts and another ends? To interpret dietary suggestions as acts based salvation seeking beyond The New Testament? I presumed Jesus settled that debt and that we honor that by not betraying with disobedience and vanity but that we can not produce more than he has already given.
It is. It led me to study the Bible and to godly people who also were led to Holy Spirit and are more well versed in the Bible than I am.

Please do not put words in my mouth. I have never posted nor will I while I am sane ever post that dietary laws are acts of salvation. I am going to quote my response to you from the Mark of the beast according to the Bible thread where I told you, "We are saved because Jesus died on the cross for our sins. If we choose to accept His gift of salvation and walk in the light He provides for us through His Word, and obey Him, we will be saved." We only obey God because we accepted Him and submit to Him daily. Unsaved people do not obey God according to His Word because they don't have a relationship with Him.

And there is dietary laws in the New Testament because they have never been done away with as I posted in this post in this thread. The dietary laws are still to be observed and have never been settled (whatever that means). Unclean animals are still unclean in both testaments of the Bible and until Jesus returns the second time.

As I posted, "The foods God told us not to eat are still not good for our bodies as they have always been. When God told Noah what animals would be going into the ark with him, seven of each of the clean animals would go in as opposed to the two of the unclean. This has never changed. Nor has God ever retracted those rules on health and diet."

Why health and diet laws? Because God is concerned about our overall health, physically, mentally and spiritually. The Bible tells us out bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. So we should take care of them. He wants us to be as healthy as we can be even in this sinful world.

"Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service." Romans 12:1.

"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31.

"Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are." 1 Corinthians 3:16-17.

"And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown." 1 Corinthians 9:25.

And as I told you in the other thread, God wants us all to understand His world and live according to it. Anyone no matter the level of education can understand the Bible as long as they want to, have a relationship with God and the Holy Spirit guides them.

I see you still have an issue with me posting what I post here. Do you still think only certain enlightened people can know the truth of God? Don't you think Christians can discern God's truth from untruths if they study the Bible with the Holy Spirit leading them?

We should all be enlightened by the Word of God. Its what God wants for all of us.

You presume your authority is Holy Spirit ordained, interpreting scripture to bounce between literal and symbolic at your elite discretion, while those who consume Ezekial’s very literal description of angel encounters, coming to the conclusion his is not purely symbolic, to be people who have interpreted on their own, devoid of Holy Spirit guidance from God or worse, demonically influenced (“?!”).
I don't presume anything. I know it is the Holy Spirit because the Bible harmonises with what I believe. Do I know everything, of course not! And I never will but the little I know harmonises (goes hand in hand) with the entire Bible.

Bible prophecy and symbolism has to match the rest of the Bible. So no, its not my discretion.

Ezekiel has literal and symbolic prophecy depending what part of it one is reading and studying. Chapter four is future but not all chapters are. That is why I posted that as Christians we have got to know the difference between literal and symbolic language and that happens through studying the Bible and prayer.

God does not need an improvement on what Jesus settled. When we encounter him again, prophesies will have ceased; there would be no need of them, no role for those who claim they are prophets and divine interpreters, as Jesus will have returned.
Remember the Bible is inspired by God. Plus we are told in John 1:1-4, 14, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. ... And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." So no, no one can improve on what Jesus settled because the entire Bible is Jesus and He settled on everything in it.

And by the way there are prophecies in the Bible that tell us what will happen after Jesus comes back the second time. Like the millennium, the white throne judgement, hell and the destruction of the wicked and sin, the new heaven and earth, how people will leave and worship there forever etc.

Yes, we are interpreting the present with biblical primer but Jesus left clear instructions of what was to be done, next. Seeking acts based salvation through adhering to dietary laws denies the authenticity of The Resurrection.
As I've posted in this very post the entire Bible is Jesus. Its His Word and yes He has left clear instructions on what is to be done throughout the Bible including health and dietary laws.

I will also repeat that none of us can be saved by anything we do. Our works cannot save us. The Bible tells us, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9). We obey God because we are saved. Obedience is the evidence that we love God and live according to His precepts.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Phipps, I DO think you are guided by The Holy Spirit.

What I’m trying to bring forward: Humility seems very important to God. We should remain in fearful awe that God gave us the choice to give love (and obedience to him is a confirmation of love) and he is God. We should always be aware of how undeserving we are of what he has given us. If everyone is humble, there is not competition but a reminder of this truth: Our best acts are like dirty rags before the greatness of God. We should be deeply aware of our baseness, always. The harder we work to avoid sin, the more aware of our unworthiness we should become.

This doesn’t mean I think we should live in the misery of our state but rather, have it reinforce awe and gratitude to God.
Are you implying I am not humble? What have I posted that gave you the indication I am not humble? I may be blunt but that does not mean I am not humble.

We are also told to not lie. So if I am being honest and telling you a biblical truth and calling it the truth, does that mean I am not humble? When Jesus told the Pharisees about their wrong doing wasn't He humble? You know no one was more humble than Jesus Christ who was God and came to this earth as a human being and died on the cross for our sins. Calling something truth and saying we are led to it by the Holy spirit is not a bad thing when you know its true.

You've accused me before of competing. I am not. I am simply posting God's truths. Sometimes I get excited but its not a competition.

I pray that I become even more humble and reverent of God. That I am more loving and obedient. I pray that I can be able to tell God's truths to to many more people too as Jesus told us to in the Bible.

Attachments

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Pork.

THE pig or swine is a very popular food item with most Christians. Yet Christians are unaware that the God they profess to believe in had condemned the eating of swine's flesh. The condemnation was based on some very sound biological principles. Here are some facts on pork that prove it to be a very unhealthy food to eat:

* A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.

* The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.

* When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.

* Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.

* Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine or other poisons.

* Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest because the pigs will eat the snakes, and if bitten they will not be harmed by the venom.

* When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal's flesh. In a few days the swine flesh is full of worms.

* Swine and pigs have over a dozen parasites within them, such as tapeworms, flukes, worms, and trichinae. There is no safe temperature at which pork can be cooked to ensure that all these parasites, their cysts,and eggs will be killed.

* Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3 oz beef rib has 11.1 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.

* Cows have a complex digestive system, having four stomachs. It thus takes over 24 hours to digest their vegetarian diet causing its food to be purified of toxins. In contrast, the swine's one stomach takes only about 4 hours to digest its foul diet, turning its toxic food into flesh.

* The swine carries about 30 diseases which can be easily passed to humans. This is why God commanded that we are not even to touch their carcase (Leviticus 11:8).

* The trichinae worm of the swine is microscopically small, and once ingested can lodge itself in our intestines, muscles, spinal cord or the brain. This results in the disease trichinosis. The symptoms are sometimes lacking, but when present they are mistaken for other diseases, such as typhoid, arthritis, rheumatism, gastritis, MS, meningitis, gall bladder trouble, or acute alcoholism.

* The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer line or canal running down each leg with an outlet in the bottom of the foot. Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass into its system fast enough. Some of this pus gets into the meat of the pig.
There are other reasons grounded in biological facts that could be listed to show why pigs and swine should not be eaten. But a true Christian should only need one reason why not to eat this type of food because God prohibited it.

"And the swine, because it divides the hoof, yet does not chew the cud, it is unclean unto you: you shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase" (Leviticus 11:7,8; Deuteronomy 14:8).

Those who say Christ abolished the law condemning pork are motivated by their stomach not Scripture. The problems with pork are biological, and Christ never changed the laws of biology.

Last edited:

Maldarker

Star
And that was jewish law standards that applied to them to set them apart. Are you jewish? BTW if you are going to follow that then did you cut the full penis off? As per the scriptures retaining to circumcision? As per what Paul said? Or are you going to argue Paul is an idiot?

In the Old Testament circumcision is clearly defined as a covenant between God and all Jewish males. Circumcision is not laid down as a requirement in the New Testament. Instead, Christians are urged to be "circumcised of the heart" by trusting in Jesus and his sacrifice on the cross

This shows that changes where made between the OT & NT but you do you i'll eat your bacon for you.

phipps

Star
1710277022516.png
Aren't these lists of clean and unclean animals just for the Jews?

Answer:
Although the lists are recorded in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14, the first mention is in the time of the Flood (Genesis 7:1-3). There were no Jews on Noah’s Ark. Only later, the descendents of Abraham become known as “Jews.” So in the early days, God instructed them in the concept of “clean” and “unclean” animals. The list predates the laws of Moses, therefore applying to all humanity, not just one particular group. And they apply until Jesus returns again.

phipps

Star
Concerning fish, we are told in Leviticus 11:9, 12, “These you may eat of all that are in the water: whatever in the water has fins and scales, whether in the seas or in the rivers—that you may eat...Whatever in the water does not have fins or scales—that shall be an abomination to you.”

Tuna, salmon and trout are “clean,” as well as any other fish that have both fins and scales. Only sea creatures that have scales and fins are suitable for food, therefore this would eliminate oysters, shellfish, crabs, lobsters, shrimp, and many other types of seafood as foods safe to eat.

phipps

Star
1712055099281.png
Lets go back to Eden.

God gave our first parents the food He designed that the human race should eat. It was contrary to His plan to have the life of any creature taken. There was to be no death in Eden. The fruit of the trees in the garden, was the food man’s wants required. God gave man no permission to eat animal food until after the flood. Everything had been destroyed upon which man could subsist, and therefore the Lord in their necessity gave Noah permission to eat of the clean animals which he had taken with him into the ark. But animal food was not the most healthful article of food for man. CD 373.1