The One Universal Religion Of Love

shankara

Star
Abandon sectarian disputes! There are two doctrines: THE DOCTRINE OF THE EYE and THE DOCTRINE OF THE HEART. The former sees the external differences between things. The latter perceives their fundamental unity.

Cease to argue over words! All words are merely ways of pointing towards the GREAT REALITY. They are the husks which contain the seeds of corn, the seeds are the truth of LIVED EXPERIENCE.

No revelation is final and absolute, all have their specific purposes, all have the intent to bring human beings (the “Intellectual Animal”) to the point of practising good ethics and walking a spiritual path.

THE LOTUS SUTRA compares different revelations to the case of a father whose children are playing in a burning house. He says to some “I will give you a cart pulled by deer if you leave the house”, to others “I will give you a cart pulled by oxen”, to others “I will give you a cart pulled by horses”. The children, excited by the promise, leave the burning house and are saved. Yet he doesn’t give them the carts he promised, rather he gives them all carts pulled by oxen (the Mahayana Dharma, the Way of the Bodhisattva).

What’s the point? He did not lie, and even if he had not given them the cart pulled by oxen, he would still not be lying, because his intention was to save the children from the burning house. All REVELATIONS have this same intent, to make people turn away from the games of creation, from illusory temporary pleasures, towards DIVINITY.

All doctrine is provisional. All dogma is degeneration of an originally pure message. The Heart of Religion is PRACTISE, not theory, not belief nor unbelief.

If we would only UNITE then the dark forces would be no match for us! Their strategy is “DIVIDE AND CONQUER”, as evidenced by the multiple personalities of the Monarch Mind-Control Slaves. Disputing about words is a hellish condition of life. Nobody has the whole of the TRUTH, different cultures, religions and people have different pieces of the puzzle.

A GNOSTIC TEACHER stated:
The Truth is the unknown from moment to moment, our minds must be always alert with full attention, free from prejudices, misconceptions, so it can be really receptive”

All Holy Names are Names Of God. All Revelations are Revelations of God. The Mind (Animal-Intellect) is an obstacle to intimate spiritual realization of Truth, we must become open and recognize that all Revelations are different ways of understanding the same thing, their differences being only that they were revealed to different peoples and have different purposes.

Transcend THE DOCTRINE OF THE EYE and open yourself to THE DOCTRINE OF THE HEART. Salvation does not lie in holding one theory or another theory, do not be deceived.

It's all fine and well offering these words yet for all the nice teachings from India..MIT's a shithole full of hate filled Indians.
Religion is good at teaching about the idea of unity but when has it ever acheived it on a mass scale?
I used to think Buddhism was the one peaceful religion but then Burma happened.
We can blame people and sects yet they are only a product or religion.
In fact the scriptures pit is against each other. They're a cause or many of our divisions.

Abandon sectarian disputes! There are two doctrines: THE DOCTRINE OF THE EYE and THE DOCTRINE OF THE HEART. The former sees the external differences between things. The latter perceives their fundamental unity.

Cease to argue over words! All words are merely ways of pointing towards the GREAT REALITY. They are the husks which contain the seeds of corn, the seeds are the truth of LIVED EXPERIENCE.

No revelation is final and absolute, all have their specific purposes, all have the intent to bring human beings (the “Intellectual Animal”) to the point of practising good ethics and walking a spiritual path.

THE LOTUS SUTRA compares different revelations to the case of a father whose children are playing in a burning house. He says to some “I will give you a cart pulled by deer if you leave the house”, to others “I will give you a cart pulled by oxen”, to others “I will give you a cart pulled by horses”. The children, excited by the promise, leave the burning house and are saved. Yet he doesn’t give them the carts he promised, rather he gives them all carts pulled by oxen (the Mahayana Dharma, the Way of the Bodhisattva).

What’s the point? He did not lie, and even if he had not given them the cart pulled by oxen, he would still not be lying, because his intention was to save the children from the burning house. All REVELATIONS have this same intent, to make people turn away from the games of creation, from illusory temporary pleasures, towards DIVINITY.

All doctrine is provisional. All dogma is degeneration of an originally pure message. The Heart of Religion is PRACTISE, not theory, not belief nor unbelief.

If we would only UNITE then the dark forces would be no match for us! Their strategy is “DIVIDE AND CONQUER”, as evidenced by the multiple personalities of the Monarch Mind-Control Slaves. Disputing about words is a hellish condition of life. Nobody has the whole of the TRUTH, different cultures, religions and people have different pieces of the puzzle.

The Truth is the unknown from moment to moment, our minds must be always alert with full attention, free from prejudices, misconceptions, so it can be really receptive”

All Holy Names are Names Of God. All Revelations are Revelations of God. The Mind (Animal-Intellect) is an obstacle to intimate spiritual realization of Truth, we must become open and recognize that all Revelations are different ways of understanding the same thing, their differences being only that they were revealed to different peoples and have different purposes.

Transcend THE DOCTRINE OF THE EYE and open yourself to THE DOCTRINE OF THE HEART. Salvation does not lie in holding one theory or another theory, do not be deceived.
No one will ever know Real love except he experiences God's love in Jesus Christ, Everything else is just religious practice. A Gnostic teacher does not even know or understand the Love of God., And until we see ourselves as we are, no man can know His Love. Don't be wise in your own understanding, But trust Jesus. For the so called wisdom of man is why the world is condemned and cursed. And once Christ's body is complete....Then the Judgment. As sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, So is it sure that the Lord will return.

Swiftturtle

Established
The push to diminish debate isn’t a step towards ‘healthy unity’...it’s an attempt to silence a debate that the gospel always conquers.
There is no ‘universal truth religion’ bc that’s inconsistent with Jesus being the way, the truth, and the light.

Lisa

Superstar
Wonder if the pope will be hawking this next? Just as long as your going to mass and bowing to Mary next.

No one will ever know Real love except he experiences God's love in Jesus Christ, Everything else is just religious practice. A Gnostic teacher does not even know or understand the Love of God., And until we see ourselves as we are, no man can know His Love. Don't be wise in your own understanding, But trust Jesus. For the so called wisdom of man is why the world is condemned and cursed. And once Christ's body is complete....Then the Judgment. As sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, So is it sure that the Lord will return.
you christians using language from the new testament yet all your practices (im not referring to sin, but your general lifestyle) reflect nothing of the NT. It just makes you look stupid and fanatical.

DavidSon

Star

This is the honest truth, thanks for posting. Religions were formed in every land , around a divine message/messanger that awakens the light already inside us. People are inspired to keep their traditions in hopes they also can reach God-consciousness and the states of the mystics. Their purpose is not just to talk about but to live and feel the deepest truths, which are in all human beings, guaranteed. People don't all practice the same ritual or keep the same names, but they lead to the same sense of joy, reverence, and wisdom.

We're free to our own vision of the Creator. Almost 1/2 the world is not Christian or Muslim. The First Nations and other tribes of the Americas don't need foreign spiritual customs to progress. They are open to sharing, but the knowledge from their ancestors is also a story of righteousness. The age of colonialism and European missionaries conquering the world is long over. You can't force someone to believe something. Only the highest example of love and the fruit of the spirit will gain others' trust.

These teachings must be spread because the faithful have the numbers to stop wars- all inhumane treatment of the earth and each other. If we judge by the heart, it is one religion. Through it we could transform our world into something completely different based on the universal values of the Most High.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
you christians using language from the new testament yet all your practices (im not referring to sin, but your general lifestyle) reflect nothing of the NT. It just makes you look stupid and fanatical.
What specifically are ya talking about if not sin?

Wigi

Veteran
All paths/revelations leads to universal love ? I honestly don't believe that, not even a bit.

Humans are strange beings who often tries to find justification to do selfish/evil things. The best teachings can be twisted and even in the name of Love people can murder

Human's heart is corrupted to the core and those who tries to tell you that you don't need a radical transformation inside (and not a simple change in appearance) to express basics such as love your neighbour and your adversaries or even grow spiritually are deceivers and malevolent.

I came to the conclusion that you can't even begin to speak about universal Love as long as you're handcuffed by a sinful nature that will make you destroy almost everything you touch including your mind.

The parable of the House divided probably the sole teaching I know that fully explains human condition in my opinion.

Last edited:

shankara

Star
The push to diminish debate isn’t a step towards ‘healthy unity’...it’s an attempt to silence a debate that the gospel always conquers.
There is no ‘universal truth religion’ bc that’s inconsistent with Jesus being the way, the truth, and the light.
The Gospel always conquers? The Four Gospels are a very profound revelation. The way it is interpreted, shallow and easily refuted.

The Christ is "the way, the truth and the life." The Christ within you, the Cosmic Christ principle found in all religions.

Wonder if the pope will be hawking this next? Just as long as your going to mass and bowing to Mary next.
I quite like the Catholic mass actually, haven't been for a while but generally find it to be a good experience even if I can't take communion for being a heretic. The Virgin Mary? A way of understanding The Divine Mother.

All paths/revelations leads to universal love ? I honestly don't believe that, not even a bit.

Humans are strange beings who often tries to find justification to do selfish/evil things. The best teachings can be twisted and even in the name of Love people can murder

Human's heart is corrupted to the core and those who tries to tell you that you don't need a radical transformation inside (and not a simple change in appearance) to express basics such as love your neighbour and your adversaries or even grow spiritually are deceivers and malevolent.

I came to the conclusion that you can't even begin to speak about universal Love as long as you're handcuffed by a sinful nature that will make you destroy almost everything you touch including your mind.

The parable of the House divided probably the sole teaching I know that fully explains human condition in my opinion.
I agree with what you say about a radical inner transformation. This is the reason to practice meditation and prayer (not so much prayer of petition, asking God to satisfy desires...) and good ethics.

Lisa

Superstar
I quite like the Catholic mass actually, haven't been for a while but generally find it to be a good experience even if I can't take communion for being a heretic. The Virgin Mary? A way of understanding The Divine Mother.
The catholic mass isn’t Biblical though...so you could get away with taking it, you aren’t breaking any God rules just the catholic one where you need to be a member to partake.

Lol! A way of understanding Mary? What? She is only in a handful of verses in the Bible and she needed forgiveness of sins as much as the next person. Everything the catholics teach about her is myth. No one should worship her...but her Son, Jesus, they should worship Him as God, the God who saves.

Speak for yourself...I'm not a Christian, I'm a born again believer. Something you know nothing about.

shankara

Star
The catholic mass isn’t Biblical though...so you could get away with taking it, you aren’t breaking any God rules just the catholic one where you need to be a member to partake.

Lol! A way of understanding Mary? What? She is only in a handful of verses in the Bible and she needed forgiveness of sins as much as the next person. Everything the catholics teach about her is myth. No one should worship her...but her Son, Jesus, they should worship Him as God, the God who saves.
"And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women." (Luke 1:28)

Anyway, I take it you don't accept the existence of any kind of Divine Feminine?

Lisa

Superstar
"And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women." (Luke 1:28)

Anyway, I take it you don't accept the existence of any kind of Divine Feminine?
Ya, she was blessed because God chose her to carry the Son of God..but that doesn’t mean that we worship her for it.

No, the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit are male.

Lisa

Superstar
The Son is not God and is not worthy of worship.
The Son can do nothing on its own.
The Son is God and is worthy of worship since He gave up His place in heaven and saves people from their sins.