BTS discussion thread

blissfate

Veteran
yeah all 3 of them were on the original line up :confused:
And remember that a member of Bighit's old group GLAM was also sentenced to prison for blackmailing, this means bighit has an history of delinquent idols but BTS fans still worship the company.

Jhope relationship with supreme boi is very suspicious and I think the dispatch and BTS close bond is no coincidence
Why are they even in contact with eachother still?
Do they not care about the crimes he committed?

Maggieca

Veteran
Also i'm wondering why they don't want the fansigns to post the pictures THAT bad
Like is there something they want to hide from us??
now that you mention is very suspicious
I assumed it was because fans took pictures of BTS's show but the staff following them to their hotel and destroying their cameras?
Maybe the fans had more compromising material

the whole situation makes no sense

pinkblob

Established
now that you mention is very suspicious
I assumed it was because fans took pictures of BTS's show but the staff following them to their hotel and destroying their cameras?
Maybe the fans had more compromising material

the whole situation makes no sense
wasnt it their japanese security? i read they were like this only with korean fansites. not japanese fans.

Maggieca

Veteran
Oh no no, i don't think anything, i haven't even checked if the dates coincides, those were assumptions some people were doing in a thread in a social network (LJ i think)
But despite everything the fact they are friends with such violent types doesn't fit their sweet innocent image they want to give.
I also think they probably dates but it's obviusly kept secret because a large part of their fandoms want them "free".
I keep having the feeling very soon a scandals would happen, now they are popular and it's very difficult to controll the news,so far bighit made a good job to keep their private "true" self away from public eyes ( 80% of Burn the Stage is staged com'on, it's them being interviewd)
I'm surprised bighit is allowing them to work with supreme boi because armys know he has a dark past and is surrounded by criminals

why is the company keeping him? maybe because he has info on BTS members and they dont want him to talk about it? :oops:
I just have a feeling that a big scandal could happen any minute involving the company, after what happened today in japan this is getting more weird. I feel like they are trying really hard to hide things

but you can't pretend forever even if you try to buy dispatch or destroy fans cameras. Sooner or later the truth comes out

I think they are all so distant from the image they want to give...RM made so many questionable things (he apologized ok but tbh? that may be his character playing his part as the leader) and JHope sometimes gives me contradictory vibes (the way he switch from his stage persona to "himself") he has so many kinks that fandom find cute but that personally creeps me (like his chocking ppl attitude), i mean i wouldn't let anyone to put their hands around my neck no matter how they are jocking, it gives me creeps. (just in case i observe JHope the most because he always been my bias- despite giving all those contradictory vibes)
Exactly they all have to follow a certain script where they are told to act a certain way Jhope is nothing like his on stage persona at all most of the BTS content is scripted it’s sad that some fans buy into the fact that it’s really them

blissfate

Veteran
I'm surprised bighit is allowing them to work with supreme boi because armys know he has a dark past and is surrounded by criminals

why is the company keeping him? maybe because he has info on BTS members and they dont want him to talk about it? :oops:
I just have a feeling that a big scandal could happen any minute involving the company, after what happened today in japan this is getting more weird. I feel like they are trying really hard to hide things

but you can't pretend forever even if you try to buy dispatch or destroy fans cameras. Sooner or later the truth comes out
Honestly thats the only thing that makes sense
Because i'm not even sure if theres another reason as to why theyre destroying the cameras and that they're still in touch with supreme boi

blissfate

Veteran
I think they are all so distant from the image they want to give...RM made so many questionable things (he apologized ok but tbh? that may be his character playing his part as the leader) and JHope sometimes gives me contradictory vibes (the way he switch from his stage persona to "himself") he has so many kinks that fandom find cute but that personally creeps me (like his chocking ppl attitude), i mean i wouldn't let anyone to put their hands around my neck no matter how they are jocking, it gives me creeps. (just in case i observe JHope the most because he always been my bias- despite giving all those contradictory vibes)
My suspicion is that some of the members might be doing drugs, but they keep it hidden from the public so that their fame doesn't go downhill and ruin the company
and if u think about it it kinda makes sense

Maggieca

Veteran
I'm sure a scandal will happen, it's very difficult to hide once you reach that popularity..
And its even harder to hide when you try to make it in america because the media in the US is all about gossip
korean fans know info but keep it to themselves, a lot of fansites know all the dirt that could destroy careers but they don't say anything

International fans are not like that, if a BTS member was caught smoking or doing drugs in america you can be sure the pictures would be everywhere
I feel like their company is trying too hard to give them this perfect image and it's not working because is too forced
Like you said RM said questionable things in the past, the lyrics of his predebut songs were very sexual but now he is acting cute and like an innocent angel? I'm not buying it

blissfate

Veteran
100% Agree.
Korean fans tend to protect their idols, if they discover things they keep them for themself.
Just look at the fancam of BTS in public apearances with others idols, very often the fancam is cut at certain parts( i always thought because they could read some labials that was better not to show).
But in USA is not like that, in fact i always felt BTS are unconfortable in US (avoiding the temtemption of the party for a reason)beacuse they are aware that at the moment they can't risk to lose their support from Korea, also they could ruin also their international fanbase, even if i-fans are more tollerant i feel like they would feel betrayed if they discovered certain things, they gave a too much angelic image of themself.
Jimin said RM and JHope are the most pervert, go figure, at this point i'm not even surprised, i just wonder HOW pervert they are :confused:
That makes sense because I never really understood why some of them look so uncomfortable in the usa as compared to other countries.. even though they say they appreciate the us a lot

Maggieca

Veteran
100% Agree.
Korean fans tend to protect their idols, if they discover things they keep them for themself.
Just look at the fancam of BTS in public apearances with others idols, very often the fancam is cut at certain parts( i always thought because they could read some labials that was better not to show).
But in USA is not like that, in fact i always felt BTS are unconfortable in US (avoiding the temtemption of the party for a reason)beacuse they are aware that at the moment they can't risk to lose their support from Korea, also they could ruin also their international fanbase, even if i-fans are more tollerant i feel like they would feel betrayed if they discovered certain things, they gave a too much angelic image of themself.
Jimin said RM and JHope are the most pervert, go figure, at this point i'm not even surprised, i just wonder HOW pervert they are :confused:
last time they went to america there were so many blind items talking about their private lives! you can be sure the media will spread rumors again when they perform at the BBMAs this year
in korea all those dating rumors are keep private, the fans cut fancams and hide interactions to protect the idols but in america you have the media asking them about hook ups and their celebrity crush in every interview

It's a complete different enviroment and if their popularity grows in the US they can't avoid after parties or interactions with female celebrities forever lol international fans won't protect them in that case

Last edited:

pinkblob

Established
I want to share something that happened to me the other day, it's not dark or anything, just weird.
I looked at the time on my phone the other day and it said 11:12 and literally went back to 11:11. I should add since December I always see 11:11 and other repeating numbers when I look at the time, at least once a day.
but seeing the time actually go BACK just so I could see 11:11 was weird but awesome. And that's not all. The second after that happened i went to text my friend to tell her and while i was typing i got a notification that bts tweeted something, it was my bias Yoongi posting a selfie after a long time lol

blissfate

Veteran
I want to share something that happened to me the other day, it's not dark or anything, just weird.
I looked at the time on my phone the other day and it said 11:12 and literally went back to 11:11. I should add since December I always see 11:11 and other repeating numbers when I look at the time, at least once a day.
but seeing the time actually go BACK just so I could see 11:11 was weird but awesome. And that's not all. The second after that happened i went to text my friend to tell her and while i was typing i got a notification that bts tweeted something, it was my bias Yoongi posting a selfie after a long time lol
If you see repeating numbers often it means youre on the right path

Maggieca

Veteran
what I find weird is the fact that bighit would allow them to wear clothes like these. The sweater that Taehyung is wearing says 'legalize it' which means the legalization of weed. What's even stranger is he wore this sweater in the performance of gogo. And we know their stylists style them during performances. Does this mean they could be pushing some type of agenda or was this just a coincidence...
I found this pic of Jhope at the airport too:

it's strange how Bighit is allowing this considering they have ex trainees like Iron and kidoh involved in drug scandals
Maybe they are so carelesss because they know the media won't expose them (for now)

Other companies like YG are always criticized for their drug scandals but the media never mentions Iron and Kidoh were ex BigHit trainees, every article I read about Bighit only talks about how clean and proffesional they are completely ignoring the criminal past some of their ex idols have

Last edited:

Maggieca

Veteran
Yea, but at the moment their popularity isn't assured at all.
It all relies on armies, they know it and they always do their best to please the fanbase, they will do it as long as they don't get a larger and wider fanbase.
If you think about it it's has a double effect, they always tried to act like they are sincere and honest, friendly and pure, but as soon as the fans see it is not like that they will leave them (maybe not all, but definately the more obsessed ones).
I'm certain sure they want to try their all for the next album, to have hit songs.
But i still don't get why they refused the olympic...
they refusing the olympics was probably because they were too bussy preparing for the comeback
and maybe is more important for them to perform at an american music show than at the olympics, I know it sounds absurd but if you think about it the olympics have a different type of audience

Exo and CL performed there and their popularity didn't change at all, but look at all the successs and popularity the BBMAs brought to BTS last year! those american shows get a lot of attention from teenagers on social media and this is BTS's target audience

tyrab

Established

Bts are none with their songs usually going against the government/ society but this is on another level here is some information on it:

May 18 Gwangju Democratization Movement Part of the Minjung Movement
May 18th Minjung Memorial Tower
Date May 18–27, 1980 Location Gwangju, South KoreaCaused by The coup d'état of May Seventeenth, the assassination of Park Chung-hee in 1979, the seizure of power by Chun Doo-hwan, state authoritarianism, and social and political discontent in Jeolla Goals Democratization Methods Protest marches and civil disobedience, later armed uprising resulted in Uprising pro-democracy movement, Several civilian and military casualties Parties to the civil conflict

The Gwangju Uprising, alternatively called May 18 Democratic Uprising by UNESCO, and also known as May 18 Gwangju Democratization Movement, was a popular uprising in the city of Gwangju, South Korea, from May 18 to 27, 1980. Estimates suggest up to 606 people may have died. During this period, Gwangju citizens took up arms (by robbing local armouries and police stations) when local Chonnam University students – who were demonstrating against the Chun Doo-hwan government – were fired upon, killed, and beaten in an unprecedented attack by government troops.[6][7] The uprising eventually ended in defeat on May 27, 1980. The event is sometimes called 5·18 (May 18; Hangul: 오일팔; Hanja: 五一八; RR: Opal), in reference to the date the movement began.

Some critics of the event point to the fact that it occurred before Chun Doo-hwan officially took office, and so contend that it could not really have been a simple student protest against him that started it; however, Chun Doo-hwan had become the default leader of South Korea at that time since coming into power on December 12, 1979, after leading a successful military coup of the previous South Korean government.

During Chun Doo-hwan's presidency, the authorities used to define the incident as a rebellion instigated by Communist sympathizers and rioters.[10] By 1997, a national cemetery and day of commemoration (May 18), along with acts to "compensate, and restore honour" to victims, were established.[11]

In 2011, 1980 Archives for the May 18th Democratic Uprising against Military Regime located in Gwangju city hall were inscribed on the UNESCO Memory of the World Register.

And then I saw this Jin talking about the members filming something in Gwangju:

THIS COMEBACK COULD BE HUGE!

Maggieca

Veteran
I wonder if those trainees didn't make it for BTS for their "party" attitudes... but then i think that Jimin&JHope were "on the verge of being fired" too, and JHope left on his on only to come back because the members pressed the company and him ( at least thats what they said on burn the stage).
Anyway all this is so weird and in contrast with their image of polite, clean, professionals..
maybe the company fired them for their "party" lifestyle but still makes no sense how they kept Supreme Boi and allow him to mention his criminal friends on Jhope's song
Everything is a contradiction with this company but they are never called out because the fans and media protect them

blissfate

Veteran
This is very interesting. See I am a fan of bts but I agree with most of you that their personalities may be fake/scripted. I'm not saying their personalities are actually mean or spoiled, but I do think they're more cool/chill than they show (we've actually seen this in burn the stage) . In regards to them possibly taking drugs...maybe but I don't think so. Yes they are friends with a lot of shady people with questionable backgrounds. But I don't think BTS themselves would participate in anything like that but who knows. But for the sake of this thread I'm gonna share a dream I had like three weeks ago. It was a sleepover at my house and the bts members were there and some of my family members. Everything was going well until I saw one of the members (I don't know who) pulled out a big Ziploc bag of weed and they started rolling the weed and then began to smaoke it. Every single one of the members were smoking it. Some went outside to smoke it some stayed inside. I followed the members that went outside to smoke and it was J hope and V (I think it was v) some took their time while other rushed to roll another. After J hope and v (I think) were done they started walking back into the house while jungkook and suga came out to smoke some more. When I got inside I could actually SMELL the weed, the house was foggy because of it and another members like jimin, rm and jin were still smoking (it was really strange to see Jin smoking lol). But as soon as I sat down I woke up. It was a really strange dream and when I first woke up I was really shocked, like why would I have a dream like that. Anyway that was my dream but they also have worn clothes that are from weed brands or support weed usage. Ignore the edits around the pictures. View attachment 6421View attachment 6422View attachment 6423View attachment 6424i think I have more pics of like these but I would take forever to find them lol. Anyway what I find weird is the fact that bighit would allow them to wear clothes like these. The sweater that Taehyung is wearing says 'legalize it' which means the legalization of weed. What's even stranger is he wore this sweater in the performance of gogo. And we know their stylists style them during performances. Does this mean they could be pushing some type of agenda or was this just a coincidence...
Yeah thats definitely a sign.. I wouldn't even be surprised if that happened to be the truth
It seems like the most logical thing at the moment that seems to fit with the group

blissfate

Veteran
Talking about other stuff that are kept hidden...their plastic surgeries.
I mean, most idols do them so it's not much of a big deal but why fans seems to believe BTS are plastic free?
In my opinion is kinda obvius they all (or most of them) has some retouch, and actually they were better before.
I hate to say this but Jhope cheeks fillers are quite obvius, he never had those cheeks before, his face was slimmer(and he looked way better), and i doubt that with age your face become that fuller without gaining weight.
He's not the only one, RM nose too , lately he had a surgery because he had some "nose problems with the septum" but that's the typical usual excuse to get a nose job.
I Think but i could be wrong V nose too was way bigger at their debut.
I honestly don't really care about the plastic surgery honestly since its common. But i'm not even sure if they've mentioned if they did or didn't get plastic surgery

MochiAmour

Established
they refusing the olympics was probably because they were too bussy preparing for the comeback
and maybe is more important for them to perform at an american music show than at the olympics, I know it sounds absurd but if you think about it the olympics have a different type of audience

Exo and CL performed there and their popularity didn't change at all, but look at all the successs and popularity the BBMAs brought to BTS last year! those american shows get a lot of attention from teenagers on social media and this is BTS's target audience
This ^ it's pretty clear it came down to schedules why they didn't perform at the Olympics. It was even noted that while they were invited a year in advance, they had to turn it down because they thought they might've had schedules abroad. Although they didn't end up having those, they were still incredibly busy preparing for their comebacks to which they've still been MIA until recently and will probaly be again after their Japan schedules.

The BBMA's are the target audience they want. While the Olympics are respected and huge as well, not many will watch the entire show and acts and will only tune in to the segments they're into.

EXO performing didn't recieve any attention from the West like BTS' BBMA and AMA appearances did. Then again, they have a huge stable fanbase on the Western side where as EXO doesn't. And those award shows are usually watched through the whole duration because people tune in to watch the awards and most of all, the performances.