The number 13 and the Mystery of the Church

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Why should the Devil have all the good numbers?

The Shema, which is uttered twice a day by every observant Jew, is an interesting perspective into hearing. Shema is normally translated as “hear”. Our Sages teach us that shema literally means the gathering of many and making them into one. The appropriateness of this definition is brought into sharp distinction when we see that the goal of the shema is that HaShem should be one and His name One.

To help us understand the relationship between HaShem and His oneness, HaShem gave us the Hebrew language. Part of this language is the fact that each letter not only has intrinsic meaning, but each letter also has a numeric value, as we learned in our study of the Hebrew letters. In the following chart, we can see that the numerical value of the Hebrew letters that form echad, whose meaning is one, is thirteen.

The gematria of echad - אחד is thirteen:
א = 1
ח = 8
ד = 4
----------
Total: 13

Not only does echad=13, but the Hebrew word ahava (love) also has a numerical value of thirteen, as expressed verbally in the Nazarean Codicil:

1 Yochanan (John) 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not HaShem; for HaShem is love.

Chazal[6] teach that if two words have the same numeric value, then the essential meaning of the two words is the same. The above verse from the Nazarean Codicil[7]gives us another very important relationship:

HaShem is Ahavah (Love)​

The gematria of ahavah - אהבה is thirteen:
א = 1
ה = 5
ב = 2
ה = 5
----------

Thus we learn that:

HaShem is echad (one)
Echad (one) is ahavah (love)
HaShem is ahavah (love)

love_is_530x@2x.jpg

https://www.betemunah.org/thirteen.html

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I came across the information above while listening to a profound talk from the online ministry of a church I follow based in Long Beach, California...

It put me in mind of the words of a song from a band I first heard first heard as a twenty-something at a festival about twenty years ago! I love the lyrics to this one...

Camidria

Veteran
Why should the Devil have all the good numbers?

The Shema, which is uttered twice a day by every observant Jew, is an interesting perspective into hearing. Shema is normally translated as “hear”. Our Sages teach us that shema literally means the gathering of many and making them into one. The appropriateness of this definition is brought into sharp distinction when we see that the goal of the shema is that HaShem should be one and His name One.

To help us understand the relationship between HaShem and His oneness, HaShem gave us the Hebrew language. Part of this language is the fact that each letter not only has intrinsic meaning, but each letter also has a numeric value, as we learned in our study of the Hebrew letters. In the following chart, we can see that the numerical value of the Hebrew letters that form echad, whose meaning is one, is thirteen.

The gematria of echad - אחד is thirteen:
א = 1
ח = 8
ד = 4
----------

Not only does echad=13, but the Hebrew word ahava (love) also has a numerical value of thirteen, as expressed verbally in the Nazarean Codicil:

1 Yochanan (John) 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not HaShem; for HaShem is love.

Chazal[6] teach that if two words have the same numeric value, then the essential meaning of the two words is the same. The above verse from the Nazarean Codicil[7]gives us another very important relationship:

HaShem is Ahavah (Love)​

The gematria of ahavah - אהבה is thirteen:
א = 1
ה = 5
ב = 2
ה = 5
----------

Thus we learn that:

HaShem is echad (one)​

Echad (one) is ahavah (love)​

HaShem is ahavah (love)​

Wow very interesting post! This is so true, and this is something I feel people are lacking here, where do we speak the truth in Love??? There are so so many people here that are oozing pride, and I would love to engage them on it. Love is not Proud! It does not BOAST! If I speak the truth without love it is EMPTY! Anyway just my two cents :)

Dalit

Star
Wow very interesting post! This is so true, and this is something I feel people are lacking here, where do we speak the truth in Love??? There are so so many people here that are oozing pride, and I would love to engage them on it. Love is not Proud! It does not BOAST! If I speak the truth without love it is EMPTY! Anyway just my two cents :)
Love is what we all want, but fail to give perfectly. If we don't cling to God/YHVH with everything, how will we love others? Just some thoughts. I gotta cling to Him, too. Everything I say or mean to say is directed at me first. I'm not perfect even though I try to be. Clinging to One who is perfect is the only thing that will get any of us through these times and the times after that.

TokiEl

Superstar
Babylon !

As in gematria is babylon sorcery.

Last edited:

DavidSon

Star
Babylon !

As in gematria is babylon sorcery.
Nah. The intelligence of gematria (the Hebrew language/number system) is beyond Babylon. If anything Kabbalah proves that technology can be lost, that the genius of the Almighty is hidden from most modern people.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Number in Scripture

51KsdALS9VL.jpg

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/number01.htm

Preface

Many writers, from the earliest times, have called attention to the importance of the great subject of Number in Scripture. It has been dealt with, for the most part, in a fragmentary way. One has dealt with some particular number, such as "seven"; another has been content with a view of the primary numbers, and even when defining their significance, has given only one or two examples by way of illustration; another has confined himself to "symbolical numbers," such as 10, 40, 666, etc.; another has taken up such symbolical numbers in their relation to chronology or to prophecy; another has collected examples, but has dealt little with their meaning.

There seemed, therefore, to be room, and indeed a call, for a work which would be more complete, embrace a larger area, and at the same time be free from the many fancies which all, more or less, indulge in when the mind is occupied too much with one subject. Anyone who values the importance of a particular principle will be tempted to see it where it does not exist, and if it be not there will force it in, in spite sometimes of the original text. Especially is this the case when chronology is dealt with, the greater uncertainty of dates lending itself more readily to the author's fancy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003IWZZDO/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
Nah. The intelligence of gematria (the Hebrew language/number system) is beyond Babylon. If anything Kabbalah proves that technology can be lost, that the genius of the Almighty is hidden from most modern people.
How is Kabbalah not witchcraft ?

It's secret society sorcery.

TokiEl

Superstar
Many writers, from the earliest times, have called attention to the importance of the great subject of Number in Scripture. It has been dealt with, for the most part, in a fragmentary way. One has dealt with some particular number, such as "seven"; another has been content with a view of the primary numbers, and even when defining their significance, has given only one or two examples by way of illustration; another has confined himself to "symbolical numbers," such as 10, 40, 666, etc.; another has taken up such symbolical numbers in their relation to chronology or to prophecy; another has collected examples, but has dealt little with their meaning.
The most mysterius number in the Bible is found in the book of Revelation.

Rev 13 18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

Most if not all have used gematria to try and figure out who this man is... but without understanding it's not possible to solve this.

TokiEl

Superstar
Rev 13 18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

Can the wise (wo)man step up and solve this mystery of God ?

You speak as if you have wisdom and understanding... so surly you can solve this mystery !

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Sure but not in a geriatric sense.L0L
OK....

Here's a question then, given that numbers seem to have a spiritual resonance for both God and Satan, at what point does God "stop" with numeric sophistication (and let Satan go on ahead with his Kabbalah etc)?

TokiEl

Superstar
OK....

Here's a question then, given that numbers seem to have a spiritual resonance for both God and Satan, at what point does God "stop" with numeric sophistication (and let Satan go on ahead with his Kabbalah etc)?
There is no gnosis no secret message in the Bible based on alphanumeric hocus pocus filiocus.

TokiEl

Superstar

God wants to know who can solve this mystery.

It requires wisdom and understanding... so that should not be a problem right ?

TokiEl

Superstar
I don't think there is any message in the numeric structure of the Bible that is contrary to the message of the Bible. On the other hand, you may find that there is more to the Bible than you presently realise ;-)
God has an affinity for seven so i have no problem with a heptadic structure in the Bible... but there is no secret messages there based on alphanumeric mumbo jumbo.

Since you not so subtly imply i somewhat lack realisation of the Bible... you must be more wise and knowledgeable ?

That's perfect ! That's what it takes to solve the number of the beast. Wisdom and understanding... so what is 666 ?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
God has an affinity for seven so i have no problem with a heptadic structure in the Bible... but there is no secret messages there based on alphanumeric mumbo jumbo.

Since you not so subtly imply i somewhat lack realisation of the Bible... you must be more wise and knowledgeable ?

That's perfect ! That's what it takes to solve the number of the beast. Wisdom and understanding... so what is 666 ?
Wisdom often resides in knowing the limits of your knowledge.

All I can say from my experience is that there are many layers to the Bible and even the numbers are not there just to make it a longer read. If you are familiar with the concept of a checksum in computing, the fact that often God weaves number into the structure of the Bible that is in line with its message indicated divine authorship.

This thread may be an interesting place to expand a few examples of this.

TokiEl

Superstar
Wisdom often resides in knowing the limits of your knowledge.

All I can say from my experience is that there are many layers to the Bible and even the numbers are not there just to make it a longer read. If you are familiar with the concept of a checksum in computing, the fact that often God weaves number into the structure of the Bible that is in line with its message indicated divine authorship.

This thread may be an interesting place to expand a few examples of this.
I do not doubt that the written words of God have been inspired compiled and preserved in the Bible by Himself.

And the heptadic structure confirms the Divine authorship.

Now the Word of God is Jesus Christ... but His written words are preserved for all to read.

Peter warned that the Script could be used to form wrong detrimental doctrines causing destruction. The Pharisees of yesterday are an example of this and also today religious groups are living on the edge at best. One might think one got it but...

That's why in the Script there are some problems which require wisdom and understanding to solve. Those who claim to be wise and knowledgeable can prove that by solving God's problems or riddles.

And if one can't one ought to be honest not at least to oneself and say... i don't know. But some stomp on as elephants in a porcelain shop with no humility whatsoever. And that i have a problem with.

I would lie if i said i don't know who the number of the beast is so i won't.