The new moon

ishigo

Established
Does the new moon makes anyone else weird or is it just me

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Some claim that it's a myth.
And I read an explanation of why some might feel weird around new and full moon.

The moon affects tides,yes?In occult sciences,moon is associated with water element as well.
Moon has effect on water component.And human body is composed of water(around 60%).So,it is likely that moon has an effect on the human body and influence the mind especially during new and full moon when it is in straight line with earth and sun.
The explanation seems like a stretch but it might make sense to some.
https://provinceapothecary.com/blogs/news/how-the-moon-can-affect-you-what-you-can-do-about-it-by-shelly-burton
I loved the article, thank you for posting.
Since I was a kid I would hear stories of how people acted differently during a full moon.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Ask anyone who works at a mental health facility about full moons when the kept literally howls for attention.
It's amazing how the moon that is so far away can have that effect on people.
I never knew that, thank you for sharing. Poor mentally ill people </3

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
My grandpa once said that the moon phases rule our lives. I was about to interrupt him when I realized that the months of the year are based on moon phases, and when the month is over we have to pay our debts.

the next new moon is july 2, so I'll have some things to pay... Oh, well, what can you do?