The new mermaid movie.

manama

Star
Im struggling trying to imagine someone pissed off over a cartoon character period ?

We live in a world where most images and history have been falsely depicted. Where is the outrage? Some are rightfully outraged and some are outraged that they can no longer live in their delusions. It’s a new day !
You're the one more angry or "outraged" here tho. Move on with your life.

elsbet

Superstar
We have to remember that a lot of these stories of goddesses and gods have been white washed to begin with. I find it interesting that earlier depictions of mermaids goddesses/deities were black, with long black flowing dreds. Hmmm? They were the goddesses of the sea long before Ariel. Maybe they are symbolically trying to tell us something as with majority of Hollywood productions.
Gods and goddesses... you mean pagan deities like Diana, Ashteroth, Tammuz, Baal _____, etc.? You think they had dark skin.. I wonder if they still had skin, at that point, being relegated to the aether, and all. Js.

Yahda

Veteran
Gods and goddesses... you mean pagan deities like Diana, Ashteroth, Tammuz, Baal _____, etc.? You think they had dark skin.. I wonder if they still had skin, at that point, being relegated to the aether, and all. Js.
It’s all pagan and occultism to me. It does not change the fact that these deities were apart of just about EVERY culture. Even to this day. Beside that it does not get more occult and pagan than Disney.

I also see the word as interchangeable. What one culture may consider a god or goddess, the next culture will consider it a pagan evil deity. Tomato, tomotoe depending on who you ask. It’s all the same but in a different form to match a particular culture or era. All based on deities, gods, goddesses, and ideas....that already existed.

For example: Jesus, Zeus, Horus... same deity, same life story etc...Every culture has one all while considering the next culture version as evil, pagan, occulttish. However when it comes to their own it’s gods/goddesses/savior/messiah...

Last edited:

DevaWolf

Veteran
For example: Jesus, Zeus, Horus... same deity, same life story etc...Every culture has one all while considering the next culture version as evil, pagan, occulttish. However when it comes to their own it’s gods/goddesses/savior/messiah...
Clear as day for everyone who does not hold those beliefs. Thanks for pointing it out Yahda.

saintroserosalia

Established
Its all about money. Look at us we are soooo diverse, we cast a black woman to play the ONLY red-head character in the classics :rolleyes:Couldn't have just picked a good ginger actress. Should've just made a princess and the frog remake.

Although other than cinderella, all disney live actions so far have been utter garbage. Beauty and the beast was an ugly mess, aladdin looked less like aladdin and more like a low budget bollywood movie. Can't even bother caring at this point.
I never care so much about Hollywood films but I sure hope a red-head white girl will be cast as Tiana in Princess and the Frog remake.
Imagine the hypocrisy. Rolling my eyes.

MP3D

Established
Its all about money. Look at us we are soooo diverse, we cast a black woman to play the ONLY red-head character in the classics :rolleyes:Couldn't have just picked a good ginger actress. Should've just made a princess and the frog remake.

Although other than cinderella, all disney live actions so far have been utter garbage. Beauty and the beast was an ugly mess, aladdin looked less like aladdin and more like a low budget bollywood movie. Can't even bother caring at this point.
Aladdin was a fantastic movie. my kids and I have seen it 3 times already!