The Names and Attributes of God in the Quran and Sunnah

DesertRose

Superstar

Allah says in the Quran:
And to Allah belong the best names, so invoke Him by them.. (Quran 7:180)​
Allah – there is no deity except Him. To Him belong the best names. (Quran 20:8)​
He is Allah, the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner; to Him belong the best names. (Quran 59:24)​

Muslims know their Creator through the names and attributes he has revealed in the Quran. We are urged to contemplate and call on the Creator with a name or attribute based on the specific care or need that we have. For example, if we are need of God's care for believers we call upon him with the name The Cherisher ( Rubb which means the giver of care, security or cherisher). Another Example is to call upon the Creator as Al Quddus (The Holy):
"God’s name Al-Quddoos (The Holy) indicates the One Who is Blessed and Pure. The angels sanctify Him, and He is praised for His virtues and goodness. God is The Holy because He is far above having any opposites, rivals, partner or son. He is perfect, having no faults or shortcomings. He is far above anything being near Him or like Him in any aspect."
https://www.quranproject.org/The-Names-of-God-375-d[

This thread is for the 99 of God's infinite names and attributes, please note, there are more attributes in the Quran and sunnah .We only use attributes and names that are in the Quran and sunnah alone. We do not make up our own names and attributes and would never call the Creator in anything except with His terminology.

There is no more noble knowledge than to learn who the Creator is and to worship and praise him .
I will post the name or attribute, a description and a video in the next few weeks and months.May we increase in our love of Allah and May this knowledge be beneficial to us . In sha Allah. God willing!
May we be of those who turn to him always in our efforts to fulfil his purpose for us. He is the one who is worshipped and the one who deserves to be worshipped!

Al-Rahman (the Most Gracious), al-Raheem (the Most Merciful), al-Barr (the Source of Goodness), al-Kareem (the Most Generous), al-Jawaad (the Generous), al-Ra’oof (the Compassionate), al-Wahhaab (the Bestower).
“And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to God so call on Him by them...” (Quran 7:180)

And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allah, so call on Him by them, and leave the company of those who belie or deny (or utter impious speech against) His Names.” (Quran 7:180)

“… And who is better in judgement than God for a people who have firm Faith.” (Quran 5:50)

“God will judge between you on the Day of Resurrection about that wherein you used to differ.” (Quran 22:69)

“… There is nothing like unto Him…” (Quran 42:11)

and,

“And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him.” (Quran 112:4)

Everyone is welcome to check out this thread but please keep in mind that it is thread for consideration, contemplation and not for contention. kindly come in peace and depart in peace.:)
Edit: السَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ ٱللَّهِ وَبَرَكاتُهُ‎ ,brothers and sisters! Welcome to this thread! Kindly feel free to add more names and attributes of Allah to this thread. May Allah reward you! Ameen!

Amazing Facts about the Name ‘Allah’ :

– The Name ‘Allah’ is the only Name of Allah, the rest are all Attributes!

– The first and the last Word of the Adhan Call to prayer) is ‘Allah’..

– The first word of Salah (prayer) is ‘Allah’..

– In a typical Salah [prayer], the word that comes most is ‘Allah’..

– The beginning of our life starts with ‘Allah’ (the call tp prayer in
the ear of a newborn)..

– and the end of our life should be..’la ilaha illa Allah’(There is No Deity but Allah).!
Facts from the Understanding Islam website.

GOD vs ALLAH (REAL NAME OF THE CREATOR)

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
Doesn't the term "Allah" mean THE God in Arabic (rather than it being a name)?

And isn't the Quran/Koran supposed to be the Gospel of (One) Brotherhood and Unity? The reason for bringing that up is to emphasize that there is ONE God--and no other god but Him (Allah)--just as there should be ONE people (believers). So shouldn't we be uniting the world in a single brotherhood (Sura 2:213), according to ALL of God's Messengers and Books?

The Articles of Faith in which one "True in Faith" (a "Muslim" i.e. a "believer") must believe:-

1. God
2. His Angels
3. His Messengers
4. His revealed Books
5. The Day of Resurrection
6. Divine Preordainments (Prophecy), i.e. whatever God has ordained must come to pass.

The following is a brief, personal study that was done on the designation Allah.

Aramaic was one of the languages Jesus spoke, and there seems to be a consensus that Jesus spoke Aramaic with His Disciples.

In Aramaic, the designation for God is Elah, pronounced E-lah, which means "The Awesome, Fearful One".

In Arabic, the designation for God is Allah, pronounced Ah-lah, which means "THE God".

In Hebrew, the Singular designation for God is Eloah, pronounced E-law, which likewise means "THE God".

Aramaic and Arabic and Hebrew are all Semitic languages. Comparing the designations for God in each of these three languages, they are strikingly similar, to the point of being almost identical. And given the description of God in the Koran as the God of Abraham, Isaac, Ishmael, Jacob, Moses, etc., just as God is described in the Bible, one would be hard-pressed to refute that Allah is the same God as in the Bible, which has NOT been lost as many imams wrongly teach.

Sura 32:23. We did indeed aforetime give The Book (The Torah) to Moses: be then NOT IN DOUBT of its (The Torah) reaching (THEE): and We made it a Guide to the Children of Israel..

It is Lucifer/Satan/Iblis who has conned people into believing that God is not the same in the Old Covenant as He is in the New Covenant and in the Koran. That way Satan can keep everyone arguing and fighting each other instead of uniting as one Brotherhood, getting rid of ALL of his (Satan's) evil organized religions, and going back to God's Law (NOT Sharia "law" or any other man-made rules, legislation, policies, etc.).

Exactly as it says in the Old Covenant, New Covenant and in the Koran.

Allah, Whose Name in Hebrew is YHWH, or in English the "I AM" (the Self-Existing ONE - Deut. 6:4, Zech. 14:9, Mark 12:29, Sura 2:41, Sura 2:133, Sura 2:163, Sura 2:224, Sura 3:18, Sura 3:62, Sura 4:48, among many others), is amazing. He is All-Knowing, Most Merciful, Oft-Forgiving and the Best Planner. Just as one would expect our heavenly Father to be.

May Father (Allah) be with you, always.

Peace be upon you.

DesertRose

Superstar
Doesn't the term "Allah" mean THE God in Arabic (rather than it being a name)?
It is both a name and a designation. We have no contention there.

That way Satan can keep everyone arguing and fighting each other instead of uniting as one Brotherhood, getting rid of ALL of his (Satan's) evil organized religions, and going back to God's Law (NOT Sharia "law" or any other man-made rules, legislation, policies, etc.).
As to the Pillars of Islam yes this is a means of establishing a brotherhood for all ,however, the differences are in belief
The division is in regards to beliefs.

Who are these paths referring to when they say use Allah as a designation? Do they believe that our Prophet and Messenger Muhammad peace be upon him is the last and final prophet and messenger? Prophet Muhammad was the last brick in the wall of the Prophethood who brought the Quran that last untampered message of God.
Ultimately, We do not see these issues through the same lens.
Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.(109:6)

A Freeman please start another thread for your discussions. I did specifically ask that this not be a thread for contention but contemplation according to our path and sources (Quran and Sunnah).

Everyone is welcome to check out this thread but please keep in mind that it is thread for consideration, contemplation and not for contention. kindly come in peace and depart in peace.:)

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar

(DR: I was intending to write the key points from the video, however, I have been mercifully saved that task and the notes have been provided. Alhamdullilah, We thank our Creator!)
In the video below, Shaykh Yasir Qadhi begins covering the names derived from Rahima (Ar-Rahman, Ar-Raheem, Khayrar-Rahimeen, Arhamur-Rahimeen and Dhur-Rahma).
Hadith: Your Lord decreed upon Himself before creating the heavens and earth by 50,000 years a book full of rules stating "My Rahma (mercy) shall always overcome my Anger".
Ar-Rahman - no other name like it, other than "Allah" itself.
These names have an unique status. Both are the primary names of Allah.
They are both linked, and are the only two names which any Surahs start with in the Qur'an. "Call upon Allah, or call upon Ar-Rahman. Whichever of these two you choose, all of the other names belong to him"
Hadith: The most beloved names to Allah are Abdullah and Abd-ArRahman. Ar-Rahman is mentioned 57 times in the Qur'an. 50 times alone, and 7 times as a combo.
When Allah mentions the largest creation, His Thrown (Arsh), he uses Ar-Rahman. ie, "Ar-Rahman rose over the throne " is mentioned 7 times.
The primary difference between Ar-Rahman and Ar-Raheem is that Ar-Rahman (mercy) is for all of His creation, while Ar-Raheem (mercy) is only for the Muslims.
Hadith: When Allah created the creation, He divided his mercy into 100 parts. 1 has been revealed to this world and because of it people are merciful to each other. He has saved 99 parts of his mercy and it will be used on the day of Judgment. keep in mind this is an analogy his mercy is infinite.
Hadith: If the disbeliever only knew how much mercy Allah has, even he would be optimistic of entering Jannah.
It is an insult and is of the biggest of all sins to give up on the hope of Allah's mercy.
Allah says in the Quran: "Never give up hope of Allah's mercy"

Beautiful Names of Allah (Part 4): Ar-Rahman

Names of Allah (Ar-Rahman and Ar-Raheem) - Ibrahim Dremali

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar

Ar-Raheem (The Especially Merciful)

In the video below, Shaykh Yasir Qadhi continues to cover the names of Allah that relate to Rahima.Allah uses the concept of Rahima in 500 verses. Ar-Rahman occurs 57 times, never paired with any other name except 6 verses using Ar-Raheem (Al Fatiha being the first example).
Some interpretations on the differences between Ar-Rahman and Ar-Raheem are:• Ar-Rahman (mercy) is for all of His creation, while Ar-Raheem (mercy) is only for the Muslims. • Ar-Rahman's mercy is comprehensive, while Ar-Raheem mercy reaches only those He wants to reach. •
Ar-Rahman is in this world, while Ar-Raheem is in the hereafter. • Ar-Rahman describes the nature of Allah, Ar-Raheem describes His actions.
Ar-Raheem occurs 114 times in the Qur'an. Two most common combinations are Al-Ghafur Ar-Raheem and Al-Azeez Ar-Raheem. Al-Azeez Ar-Raheem, the one who has power and mercy, where 3rd meaning is that His Rahma isn't coming from weakness.
Typically people of power don't have mercy, and opposite is true. Allah's power does not corrupt his mercy. Al-Ghafur Ar-Raheem, the one who forgives because He has mercy.
What should be the effect of the 5 names derived from Rahima on our hearts?
1) Increase in our hearts the love of Allah. The heart loves the one who is kind and merciful to it. Allah has given us everything we find comfort in, so we should love Him infinitely.
Hadith: "Indeed, I swear, Allah has more Rahma for his creation and believers than this lady has for her child" (regarding lady who had lost her child)
2) Our hope in Allah's mercy should be infinite. We need to have good thoughts of Allah.
Hadith: Allah says "I shall deal with my servants the way they assume I will deal with them"
Hadith: A rich man would lend money and often forgive the debtor. Allah said to this man at his death "I have more right to show mercy to you than you had right to show mercy to those people" and this man was forgiven.
Hadith: Immoral woman (prostitute) had mercy for a thirsty dog, and Allah forgave her.

3) To be shy of Allah's mercy. How can we be disobedient to someone who gives us so much? Quran: If you were to try to count the blessings of Allah, you would not be able to finish the list.
4) We should be merciful to others. Hadith: A man said "Ya rasul, I have a hard heart." The Prophet (pbuh) said "go and stroke the head of an orphan"
Hadith: A Bedouin had never even kissed his 10 sons once. The Prophet (pbuh) said "what can I do if Allah has removed Rahma from your heart?"
5) To use them in Du'a. "Ya Rahman, ya Raheem" etc. Some names are for specific issues, others are general across all issues. Especially when in trouble and physically and emotionally sick, these names should be invoked.
Prophet Ayyub (JOB) used these names when he raised his hands and said "Verily distress has seized me, and you are Arhamur Rahimeen" and Allah took away all his troubles and gave him even more good.
So we may make this du'a (supplication) "Rabbi inni massanir dhur, wa anta arhamur rahimeen"
How do we attain the Rahma of Allah?
1) Give rahma to others and Allah will give rahma to you.
"ArRahimoon, yarhamuhoom arRahman, irhamu man fil ard, yarhamukum man fil samaa" The ones who show mercy, Ar Rahman will have mercy on them. Have mercy on the people in the world, and the one in the heavens will have mercy on you.
We should be merciful to dogs, every type of creation, the plants, etc. When we sell and interact, we should be gentle.
2) Coming to the masjid, praying and listening to Islamic knowledge.
Hadith: When people come to masjid, recite quran and listen to gathering of knowledge, rahma and sakina descends upon them.
3) Obey Allah and His messenger. Quran: "My punishment shall only reach the people I choose, My Rahma encompasses everything"
Beautiful Names of Allah (Part 5): Ar-Raheem - Benefits & How to Obtain Them

DesertRose

Superstar

Please note that the below are notes from the lecture in the video by sh. Bilal Philips. If my notes are unclear please go to the actual video for a better understanding.

Al Malik means The Sovereign Lord, Al- Maalik means The Owner and Al Maleek means the King and these are attributes 4, 5, 6
Al Malik is mentioned 5 times in the Quran
Malik is the personal description of a Allah and Maalik describes his act of possessing and owning.
He owns Hid dominion and he is freer to do what he wills within it. He possesses everything he has created, and nothing happens in his dominion and it is by His creational will as distinct from His legal will. The legal will tells us how we should live through His guidance and instruction. We may disobey His legal will, but we cannot go against His Creational will. The choices we make will happen only if he permits us to implement or fulfil our choices and we will be held accountable for them.
We must realize the we do not have true possession of the things we have been given for a limited period of time and we have a responsibility to use them responsibly.
Furthermore, we were given advice by Prophet Muhammad peace be upon to look to those less fortunate than us and not look at those above us so that we do not deny (or are ungrateful for ) whatever he has given us of this world.
Also, there is no obedience due to creature if it is in disobedience to Allah. We must not obey orders that conflict with the rules of Allah The Most High. Dominion is put in our possession for a limited time but in reality, no of these things are ours. The Dominion belongs ultimately to Allah and we are obliged to serve Him in it
Know,] then, [that) God is sublimely exalted. the Ultimate Sovereign, the Ultimate Truth and [knowing this,] do not approach the Qur'an in haste, ere it has been revealed unto thee in full, but [always) say: "O my Sustainer, cause me to grow in knowledge! - 20:114
[KNOW,] then, [that] God is sublimely exalted, the Ultimate Sovereign, the Ultimate Truth: there is no deity save Him, the Sustainer, in bountiful almightiness enthroned! - 23:116 (

God is He save whom there is no deity: The Sovereign Supreme, the Holy, the One with whom all salvation rests, the Giver of Faith, the One who determines what is true and false, The Almighty, the One who subdues wrong and restores right, the One to whom all greatness belongs! Utterly remote is God, in His limitless glory, from anything to which men may ascribe a share in His divinity! - 59:23
ALL THAT IS in the heavens and all that is on earth extols the limitless glory of God, the Sovereign Supreme, the Holy, the Almighty, the Wise! - 62:1
"the Sovereign of men, - 114:2
In the Names of Allah 14/26 - Names: Al- Malik, Al-Maalik & Al-Maleek - Dr. Bilal Philips

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar

Below is from the understanding Quran website:
Code:
https://understandquran.com/the-answer-is-al-quddus/
Allah calls Himself Al-Quddoos— The Most Pure, The All-Perfect— on two occasions in the Quran. He is the One who is the absolutely pure in essence and attributes. Al-Quddoos is free from and far above any worldly imperfection, and He is beyond all human understanding of purity and perfection!
The Most Pure, the All-Perfect
Quddoos comes from the root qaaf-daal-seen, which points to three main meanings. The first main meaning is to be pure and clean. The second is to be far removed from impurity or imperfection, and the third main meaning is to be sacred or blessed.
This root appears ten times in the Quran in five derived forms. Examples of these forms are al-qudusi (“the Holy [spirit]”) and al-muqadasi (“the sacred”).
Linguistically, quddoos is on the intense structure of the attribute of quds, which refers to cleanliness or tahaarah and comes from the verb qadasa. Al-Quddoos is ‘clean’ or free from any partner, spouse, or child, from death, from injustice, lying, forgetfulness, error, poverty, and stinginess. Laa ilaaha illa huwa– there is no God but He.
Al-Quddoos Himself says: He is Allah , other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure . . . [Quran, 59:23] Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth is exalting Allah, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Exalted in Might, the Wise. [Quran, 62:1]
Subhanallah and alhamdulillah
They said, ‘Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?’ [Quran, 2:30]. The angels glorify and praise Allah al-Quddoos continuously and so does the whole universe. Al-Quddoos created us human beings to worship, glorify, and praise Him as He gave us something different: our hearts.
Using the human heart to reflect on His creations, His perfection and greatness, it realizes that glorification and praise of the Creator is inevitable. So we praise and thank Al-Quddoos (alhamdulillah) and glorify Him (subhanAllah) as He is high above anything that does not befit Him. Isn’t it a blessing to have such a perfect lord, and aren’t we blessed to be able to praise Him?
How can you live by this name?
1.Have a pure belief in Al-Quddoos.
Believe in the oneness of Al-Quddoos and make sure your creed (or aqeedah) is pure by studying the types of tawheed and their practical meanings in your daily life from trustworthy sources, like Kitaab ut -Tawheed (The Book of Tawheed) by ibn Abd Al-Wahhab.
2. Praise Al-Quddoos.
Say alhamdulilah and subhanAllah from the bottom of your heart. The Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam used to say in his prayer while in the bowing position (ruku): subboohun quddoosun Rabbul-malaa’ikati war-rooh (praise and Holiness be to You, Lord of the angels and the Soul). [ source for supplication: Muslim] You can add this beautiful invocation to enhance your prayer.
3. Purify yourself through prayer.
The Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam asked the companions: If someone bathes in a river outside of his house five times a day, will there be any impurity left on him? [Muslim] Visualize your prayer as cleansing your body and soul. Your prayer also protects you: indeed the prayer prevents from the indecency and evil. [Quran, 29:45]
4. Give the best sadaqah.
Give zakah (obligatory) and sadaqah (charity) to “purify” and increase your wealth. Take, [O, Muhammad], from their wealth a charity by which you purify them and cause them increase. [Quran 9:103] Remind yourself when you give sadaqah to give the best, as Allah is Al-Quddoos and He deserves the best to be given for His sake. Aishah radiyalahu anha used to perfume the charity she gave!
5. Don’t be unjust.
Allah does not wrong a person even to the amount of an atom’s weight [Quran 4:40]. Even if people do dhulm (injustice) to Him, Al-Quddoos never does injustice to people. Allah ‘azza wa jall also made injustice and oppression forbidden for you; so don’t be unjust to anyone, family or stranger, child, adult or even to animals.
6. Be clean.
Be clean inside and out and strive to purify and keep renewing your intentions when you do a good deed. Be thoughtful with your wudu; do your best to not only keep your belongings and house clean, but also your environment by not throwing litter and by removing harmful objects. Consume healthy and permissable food and drink— bought with halaal earnings— and teach children this way of living.
7. Let the Quran purify you.
And who is more truthful than Allah in speech? [Quran, 4:122] The speech of Al-Quddoos is pure and is a cure, healing, and guidance for you to purify yourself. So turn to the Quran to seek cure from the diseases of your heart, let the ayaat help you to improve your character, and recite the Quran daily to clean your heart and bring tranquillity to your body.
8. Ask Al-Quddoos.
The Prophet salallahu’ alayhi wa sallam used to ask Al-Quddoos at the beginning of prayer:
اللهم باعد بيني وبين خطاياي كما باعدت بين المشرق والمغرب اللهم نقني من خطاياي كما ينقى الثوب الأبيض من الدنس اللهم اغسلني من خطاياي بالثلج والماء والب
O Allah, distance me from my sins just as You have distanced The East from The West, O Allah, purify me of my sins as a white robe is purified of filth, O Allah, cleanse me of my sins with snow, water, and ice. [Al-Bukharee, Muslim] Use and reflect on this supplication as it contains all forms of purification: distancing (moving far away from dirt and deficiencies), removing dirt or filth, and washing or cleansing, so no impurity remains at the end.
O Allah, Al-Quddoos, we know that You are the absolutely pure beyond imagination. Lead us to a sound belief in Your oneness, help us in purifying our hearts, deeds, and intentions, and guide us to purify our bodies and keep our environment clean. Aid us in performing the best salah, giving the best charity, and helping us to turn to the Quran so we can come to You with a pure heart, ameen!
And Allah knows best.

99 Names of Allah | AL - QUDDUS | Season 1

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar

Allah calls Himself As-Salaam— The Giver and Source of Peace, The Perfection — on one occasion in the Quran. He is the One who is the source of all peace and safety. As-Salaam is perfect and whole and He is the only one who can bestow safety and security as well as inner peace!
The Bestower of Peace, the Perfection
Salaam comes from the root seen-laam-meem, which points to three main meanings. The first main meaning is to be peaceful, content, and tranquil. The second is to be free from imperfections, and the third main meaning is to be safe, secure, and well.
This root appears 140 times in the Quran in 16 derived forms. Examples of these forms are aslama (“submits”) , salaamun (“peace”), saleemin (“sound”), al-islaami (“Islam”) and al-muslimeen (“the Muslims”).
Linguistically, salaam and salaamah mean immunity or to be free of something; another opinion is it means wellbeing and to be safe. Allah As-Salaam is the One who is free from all imperfections. He is perfect in essence and in all His attributes and actions. He is the Perfection. As-Salaam is safe from all deficiencies and His creation is safe from any injustice on His Part.
As-Salaam Himself says: He is Allah, other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, The Perfection. [Quran, 59:23].

Examples of salaam
The root salama makes Islam, to enter into salam. Islam means to enter into peace and to be at peace with or reconciled with the decrees and commands of Allah; the Muslim surrenders or submits to Allah ‘azza wajal.
Paradise is called Daar us Salaam: And Allah invites to the Home of Peace and guides whom He wills to a straight path [Quran, 10:25] because it is free from all pain, death, worries, and ill-speech, and it is a place of safety.
The greeting of Islam assalaamu alaykum really means: you are safe from me; you will not receive any evil from me. And for example, qalbun saleem, means a sound heart which is unblemished.
1. Submit.

Surrender to As-Salaam so you can be secure. If you submit– Islam— you will get Allah’s salaam. Believing is to follow the guidance and do the actions (deeds). For them therein is fruit, and for them is whatever they request [or wish] [And] “Peace,” a word from a Merciful Lord. [Quran, 36:57-58] Continually remind yourself of Daar us Salaam so you will strive to do as many good deeds as possible in order to receive the salaam of Allah and be safe and secure in Paradise.
2. Strive for a clean heart.
The Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: Verily, Allah does not look to your faces and your wealth but He looks to your hearts and to your deeds. [Muslim] Just like you are alert for physical diseases, constantly assess your heart for diseases like lying, backbiting, swearing, hypocrisy, jealousy, showing off, etcetera, and seek cure for them in the Quran and Sunnah as all that matters is that you arrive to al-Quddus with ‘qalbun saleem’— a sound heart.
3. Be patient in trials.
No disaster strikes except by permission of Allah. And whoever believes in Allah- He will guide his heart.[Quran, 64:11] Show patience and perseverance in hard times and As-Salaam will give you peace inside: your heart will have salaam, a feeling of well being, serenity, and peace.
4. Spread the salaam.
The Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: O People! Spread salaam, feed the hungry, be in touch with your kin, and pray while people are asleep (at night) you shall enter paradise peacefully. [At-Tirmidhee] And he salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said about the best actions: Feeding the hungry, and saying salaam to those you know and those you don’t know. [Al-Bukhaari, Muslim] And he said: When two Muslims meet (give salaam) and shake hands, they are forgiven their sins before they part [Abu Dawood]: the salaam is a pure blessing to us from Allah As-Salaam.
5. Don’t say salaam upon Allah.
Say salaam upon the Prophet Muhammad – for example by saying salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam- and upon the Prophets and the righteous – by saying ‘alayhi, ‘alayha or ‘alayhim sallam – as Allah ‘azza wa jall does in the Quran, but never say salaam upon Allah, because He is As-Salaam! He does not need security and safety, because He is the source of peace and perfection.
6. Ask As-Salaam.
When you are very worried, supplicate to Allah ‘azza wajal by this name. You can say, Allahumma antas Salaam (O Allah, You are As-Salaam), save me from this or ask for the safety of others. Ask As-Salaam to make Islam your safe harbour and to bring peace to your heart.
7. Don’t wrong yourself.
If you want the salaam, the security, and the protection of As-Salaam don’t wrong yourself, don’t wrong others, and don’t do wrong in your relationship with Allah ‘azza wajal. Allah is As-Salaam, which means He cannot be unjust. You wrong yourself by sinning and not fulfilling the rights of others, such as obedience to parents, protecting someone else’s honour, and helping the needy.
8. Supplicate after prayer.
When you finish your salah, supplicate as the Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam did with:
Astaghfirullah (3 times). Allahumma antas salaam wa minkas salaam, tabaarakta yaa Dhal Jalaali wal Ikraam. I seek Allah’s Forgiveness. O Allah, You are As-Salaam and from You is all peace. Blessed are You, O Possessor of majesty and honour [Muslim]. Straight after your prayer you amazingly ask protection and safety from the mistakes committed during the salah.
O Allah, As-Salaam, we know that all peace and safety comes from You alone. Keep us safe in this world and the next, guide us to patience and inner peace, and make us of those from whom others are safe and make us safe from the injustice of others. Adorn us with sound hearts and make us of those who receive Your salaam in Paradise, ameen!
And Allah knows best.

The Bestower of Peace (As-Salam) - In the Names of Allah - Dr. Bilal Philips - Episode 16/26
Key Points of This Video Introduction [start time 00:00]
The linguistic meaning of 'Salam (Peace)' [start time 01:53]
The meaning of 'Salam' with respect to Allah [start time 02:27]
Lawful things are plenty! Unlawful things are few! Where to seek 'Salam'? [start time 06:30]
Providing 'Salam' for people [start time 08:45]
A supplication of peace [start time 10:35]
Spreading 'Salam' in Society [start time 11:08]
Recap [start time 14:12]
Manners of greeting with 'Salam' [start time 21:05]
The greeting of 'Salam' is found and Jewish, and Christian scriptures [start time 24:25]
Conclusion [start time 27:00] "

TokiEl

Superstar
It is Lucifer/Satan/Iblis who has conned people into believing that God is not the same in the Old Covenant as He is in the New Covenant and in the Koran. That way Satan can keep everyone arguing and fighting each other instead of uniting as one Brotherhood, getting rid of ALL of his (Satan's) evil organized religions, and going back to God's Law (NOT Sharia "law" or any other man-made rules, legislation, policies, etc.).
How many would worship one who presented himself as the Devil ? Not many so what would be the smart thing to do ? Right present himself as God ! If one wants a lot of followers one does not present himself as Satan but as God.

Allah is Arabic and is the same as Elah in Aramic... it's the Semitic language word for what in English is called God or Dios in Spanish. Since Muhammad spoke Arabic it was only natural that the name was Allah. If Muhammad spoke for example Spanish the name would be Dios. It's not a personal name at all but just the Arabic word for God... as Elah is in Aramic or El in Hebrew or Dios in Spanish or God in English etc etc...

If the Devil was a little clever... how would he present himself to man ? Right as God or in Arabic as Allah.

Has the Devil been posing as God or Allah in Arabic ?

In the Quran he says things like Allah has no son and so he not only puts himself above Jesus Christ but he is also in disagreement with the Old Testament who speaks about the Son in for example Psalm 2 and Jesus Christ himself who clearly claimed to come from God. Also there is a prophecy in Isaiah 14 about a fallen heavenly being who would also sit on the mount of the congregation... and for a long time Allah has had temples there on the mountain where jews used to congregate to the Temple of the God of Israel... whose personal name is YHWH by the way which was originally written as... an arm and a person and a nail and a person.

Since the jews were back in their land... which was foretold in the Old Testament and Jesus himself... muslims have been trying to kick them out again... without luck or God ? They don't seem to stop and think why they can't get the jews out of the Holy land.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar

Allah calls Himself Al-Mu’min— The Giver of tranquillity, The Source of faith— on one occasion in the Quran. He is the One who bestows the gifts of peace, security, and faith. Al-Mu’min removes fear, affirms His oneness, and is the Most Faithful!
The Bestower of Faith and Security, the Faithful
Mu’min comes from the root hamza-meem-noon, which points to four main meanings. The first main meaning is to be secure, safe, and free from fear, and the second is to be quiet and tranquil. The third main meaning is to grant protection and to safeguard, the fourth is to be trustworthy, and the fifth main meaning is to believe in.
This root appears 879 times in the Quran in 17 derived forms. Examples of these forms are amintum (“do you feel secure”), aamanoo (“believed”), al-amaanaati (“the trusts”), ameenun (“trustworthy”), al-imaani (“the faith”), and al-mu’mineena (“the believers”).
Linguistically mu’min points out to three concepts. One is emaan, which is to affirm something, and the opposite of it is to deny something. Al Mu’min is the One who affirms and believes His oneness. Allah Himself bears witness that there is no deity worthy of worship except Him. [Quran, 3:18]
The other concept is that of aman, which means security, safety, and freedom from fear. The word amaanah (translated as “a trust”) comes from the same root. Al-Mu’min is the One who affirms and believes His oneness; He is the One who gives security and removes the opposite— which is fear— and is the best keeper of amaanaat, the One who is most faithful.
Al-Mu’min Himself says: He is Allah , other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, The Perfection, the Bestower of Faith. [Quran, 59:23]
Who receives the aman of Allah?
The ones who have emaan— belief in Allah ‘azza wa jall— and who act accordingly are the ones who will receive Allah’s aman (security) in this world and the Hereafter. In this world they will experience a sense of serenity and peace of heart during hardship as well as during the terror of the Last Day.
Those who are steadfast (istaqaamah) will have aman in this world, at death, in the grave and on the Day of Judgement. Al-Mu’min says: Indeed, those who say: ‘Our Lord is Allah,’ and then they remain firm (upon that statement), on them the angels will descend (saying): ‘Fear not, nor grieve! But receive the glad tidings of Paradise which you have been promised!’ [Quran, 41:30]
1. Believe in Allah and His messengers.

Have emaan, which is your belief in Allah combined with action in following His commands and staying away from His prohibitions, and you will receive His aman (security) in this world and the next. Whoever brings a good deed will have better than it (ie, a better reward) and they will be, on that day, at peace during the terror. [Quran, 27:89] So read the Quran often, give sadaqah, and focus on your prayers so Al-Mu’min will give you safety on the Day of Judgement.
2. Believe in the promises of Al-Mu’min.
The people of Paradise will say: All praise and thanks is only for Allah, the One who fulfilled His promise to us. [Quran, 39:74] Believe that the promise of Al-Mu’min will always come true. For example His promise is that sadaqah will not decrease wealth, so trust in this fact and fulfil your promises to your best ability.
3. Ask Al-Mu’min for aman in difficult situations.
Al-Mu’min is the only source of aman so ask Him only to grant you safety, as the Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said to Abu Bakr radiyallahu ‘anhu: Be not afraid, surely Allah is with us. [Quran, 9:40] No matter how hard the situation, have emaan and ask Al-Mu’min to give you aman– peace and security— in your heart.
4. Take care of trusts.
The Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: The believer is one from whose tongue and hand the believers are safe and: The believer is one in whom the people would entrust their blood and wealth. [At-Tirmidhee] An example is to make sure you don’t harm others by your tongue through backbiting.
The Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam was called al-ameen, the trustworthy one, strive to be known for your trustworthiness. Return amaanaat (trusts) safely, such as borrowed items or even by keeping secrets entrusted to you. Umar ibn al-Khattab radiyallahu ‘anhu said: If your brother mentions something to you in private, then walks away, it is an amaanah (trust) even if he didn’t instruct you not to inform anyone. [Ibn Muflih’s Adaab Ash-Sharee’ah]
Your body is also an amaanah given to you by Allah ‘azza wa jall, so make an effort to use it in the right way.
5. Be thankful for your safety.
Reflect on the blessing of security and safety. Let them worship the Lord of this House, Who has fed them, [saving them] from hunger and made them safe, [saving them] from fear. [Quran 106:3-4] If Al-Mu’min gave you a safe place to live and work, show your thankfulness; many are not in this position and teach children to recognize this favour upon them.
6. Ask Al-Mu’min.
Ask Al-Mu’min to bless you with emaan until your last breath and to adorn you with the characteristics of the mu’minoon (believers) as mentioned in the Quran and Sunnah and in turn study these features so you can work on adopting them. When you are scared turn to Al-Mu’min for safety. When your emaan is low ask Him to strengthen it. The Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam taught this supplication (part of the full supplication mentioned in the morning and evening remembrance: Allahumma-stur ‘awraatee wa aamin raw’aatee. O Allah, veil my weaknesses and set at ease my dismay (grant me aman. [Ibn Maajah, Abu Dawud]
O Allah, Al-Mu’min, we know that You are the Source of Faith and Giver of safety. Bless us with strong emaan, lead us in taking care of our trusts and fulfilling our promises, and adorn us with all the characteristics of Your beloved believers. Grant us steadfastness and safety in this world and the Hereafter, and make us of those who enjoy the ultimate safety of Paradise, ameen!
And Allah knows best.

Meaning and Characteristics of Name Al-Mumin ( 99 Names of Allah)

A Freeman

Superstar
It is both a name and a designation. We have no contention there.

As to the Pillars of Islam yes this is a means of establishing a brotherhood for all ,however, the differences are in belief
The division is in regards to beliefs.

Who are these paths referring to when they say use Allah as a designation? Do they believe that our Prophet and Messenger Muhammad peace be upon him is the last and final prophet and messenger? Prophet Muhammad was the last brick in the wall of the Prophethood who brought the Quran that last untampered message of God.
Ultimately, We do not see these issues through the same lens.
Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.(109:6)

A Freeman please start another thread for your discussions. I did specifically ask that this not be a thread for contention but contemplation according to our path and sources (Quran and Sunnah).
Thank-you @DesertRose. Hopefully you can see that what was shared was in fact not contentious, but instead was doing exactly what the Koran tells us to do, i.e. to UNITE all TRUE Believers under the ONE TRUE GOD (Allah, YHWH, or in English the "I AM"), to DO His Will ONLY.

From The King of kings' Bible:

Sura 49:10. The Believers are but a single Brotherhood: so make peace and reconciliation between your two (contending) brothers; and fear "I AM", that ye may receive Mercy (Matt. 5:9).

Matthew 5:9 Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Peace be upon you.

DesertRose

Superstar

He is Allah, other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is Allah above whatever they associate with Him.

Notes from the Understanding Quran website:
Allah calls Himself Al-Muhaymin— The Guardian, The Witness, The Overseer — on one occasion in the Quran. He is the One who ensures the wellbeing of creation. Al-Muhaymin observes, guards, and protects His creation!

The Overseer, Protector and Guardian

Muhaymin comes from the root haa-meem-noon , which points to three main meanings. The first main meaning is to oversee, protect, and guard, and the second is to witness. The third main meaning is to determine the truth.

This root appears two times in the Quran in one derived form. Examples of this form are wamuhayminan (“and a guardian”) and al-muhayminu (“the Guardian”).
Linguistically, the root of muhaymin also means to extend a wing, like a hen protecting her chicks, and is related to the names Ar-Raqeeb (the Watcher), al Haafidh (The One who protects and guards), and Ash-Shaheed (The Witness). Al-Muhaymin is the One who observes, controls, looks after, completely covers us and judges us by the truth.

Al-Muhaymin Himself says: He is Allah , other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, The Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer. [Quran, 59:23]

The Quran is called ‘muhaymin’

Allah ‘azza wa jal calls the Quran muhaymin: And We have sent down to you the Book in truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it and muhaymin (trustworthy in highness and a witness) over it. [Quran, 5:48]
After mentioning the position of His Book Allah Al-Muhaymin instructs to make use of it: so judge between them with what Allah has sent down. [Quran, 5:48] The Quran is to be recited and memorized as well as to be applied in our daily life situations, such as judging between right and wrong in our relationship with Allah ‘azza wa jall and other people.

1. Be aware that Al-Muhaymin is watching you.

The Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: Be mindful of Allah and Allah will protect you. [at Tirmidhee] Al-Muhaymin sees every deed you do; He observes your reactions to situations and even witnesses your inner thoughts. Remind yourself constantly of this fact and let it motivate you to stay away from sins and temptations. Al-Muhaymin will protect you from harm and even from committing sins if you are mindful of Him and keep remembering Him in your actions.

2. Accept the decree.
Believe with certainty that whatever Allah al-Muhaymin gives to you or keeps away from you is good for you, even though it does not always seem like it. He ‘azza wa jall is overseeing everything and everything is part of His plan. Complaining about your looks, about others’ belongings, about missed opportunities, etcetera, are signs you have to strengthen your faith in Al-Muhaymin.
Accepting and being content with His qadr (decree) will be your true key to the tranquillity (saakinah) in your heart that you are so badly longing for but cannot find in anything else in this whole wide world.

3. Use the Quran, the muhaymin!
Don’t just read the Quran— interact with it, implement it, and memorize it. The Quran is muhaymin, trustworthy in highness, and a witness. The Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: Verily, Allah elevates some people with this Quran and abases others. [Muslim] That is, those who fulfil the rights of the Quran will be raised high in this world and in the hereafter; those who leave it will be put down. Make the Quran a witness for you and not against you.

4. Ask Al-Muhaymin.
Indeed the deen of Islam is itself manners, where anyone that surpasses you in manners, is better than you in deen. [Ibn al-Qayyim] While working on your character, never think you cannot change for the better, and ask Al-Muhaymin to help you. Ask Him to protect you from your own desires and weaknesses. Imagine the protection of a hen for her chicks and know that Al-Muhaymin’s protection for you is beyond limits, so whenever you are in a difficult situation, you are scared, or feel lost, invoke Allah using this name.

5. Protect your heart.
The Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: There is a piece of flesh in the body if it becomes good (reformed) the whole body becomes good but if it gets spoilt the whole body gets spoilt and that is the heart. [Al-Bukharee] Your heart is one of the greatest trusts given to you by Al-Muhaymin and it will be your most important witness when you stand before Him, so protect your heart.
How? Gain knowledge about the types of diseases mentioned in the Quran and Sunnah and their symptoms, assess yourself, and then seek the cure. Scholars mentioned four of the greatest poisons of the heart as: unnecessary talking, unrestrained glances, too much food, and keeping bad company.

O Allah, Al-Muhaymin, we know that You are the One who ensures our well-being. Make us mindful of You in everything we do and aid us in accepting and being content with Your decree in good and bad times. Make the Quran our close companion and a witness for us, protect and cure our hearts from its diseases, and protect us at all times, against others and ourselves, in this life and in the Hereafter, ameen!

And Allah knows best.

Ustadh Baajour The Names of Allah " Al Muhaymin "

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar

Allah calls Himself Al-‘Azeez— The Almighty, The Strong– on 92 occassions in the Quran. He is the One who overcomes everything. Al-‘Azeez is the incomparable source of all strength and might, and His power cannot be overcome or resisted. He gives honour, dignity, and strength to whomever He wills!

The Powerful, Noble, Invincible, and Incomparable

‘Azeez comes from the root ‘ayn-zay-zay, which points to four main meanings. The first main meaning is to be mighty and powerful and the second is to be noble and elevated. The third main meaning is to be invincible, and the fourth is to be rare and unattainable.
This root appears 119 times in the Quran in 7 derived forms. Examples of these forms are waʿazzanee (“and he overpowered me”), a’azzu (“mightier”), and ‘izzan (“an honor”).

Linguistically, al-‘izz originally means strength (quwwah), severity (shiddah), and conquest (ghalabah). ‘Azeez points to three concepts: ya’izzu, which means nobility, ya’uzzu, which means to prevail and be dominant, and ya’azzu, which means being mighty and powerful. Al-‘Azeez is the Noble One, no one is like Him, He is ghaalib and has overcome everything in that He has subdued it [Ibn Katheer] and He is the Invincible who cannot be reached and overcome. [Al-Qurtubi]

Al-‘Azeez Himself says: And know that Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise [Quran, 2:260] And . . . Allah is All-Mighty, All-Able of Retribution [Quran, 3:4] . . . And verily, your Lord! He is truly the All-Mighty, the Most Merciful. [Quran, 26:68]

A beautiful poem about Al-‘Azeez

Ibn ul Qayyim raheemahullah wrote in his Nooniyyah: And He is al-Azeez whose (status) cannot be reached (overcome) How can He be reached, the owner of all Power? And He is al-‘Azeez, the Overpowering (al-Qaahir), the Subduing Overcomer. Nothing overcomes Him, so these are two characteristics. And He is al-Azeez, with Strength (quwwah) and this is His description. Al-Izz, therefore, has three meanings. And these are the ones that are perfected for Him, free is He of all imperfection, From every single aspect, the One who is devoid of any deficiency.

A powerful and wise combination

How many people have power but misuse it? The combination Al-‘Azeez-ul-Hakeem (The All-Mighty, the All-Wise) appears 47 times in the Quran; Allah al-‘Azeez uses His power with perfect wisdom. Allah ‘azza wa jall uses Al-Azeez-ur-Raheem (The All-Mighty, The Merciful) which occurs twelve times in surah Ash-Shu’araa after the narration of each destroyed nation. Against the disbelievers He is mighty and especially merciful to the believers striving on His path.

1. Seek your strength from Al-‘Azeez.

Having faith in Al-‘Azeez gives you courage because you know Your Lord is unbeatable. Whatever He wills happens, even if the people will otherwise, and whatever He wills not to happen won’t, even if the people will it. So only work to seek His pleasure and be confident He will help you. He has power over all things, so accept whatever happens to you and show sabr (perseverance) and shukr (gratefulness) for whatever befalls on you. When you feel weak or overpowered, turn to Al-‘Azeez for strength.

2. Know that your ‘izzah is in Islam.
Your honor does not lie in money, power, or looks; rather your honor is only in Islam. How many seek honor from other things or people? Al-‘Azeez said: Those who take disbelievers for protectors (or helpers or friends) instead of believers, do they seek honor, power and glory with them? Verily, then to Allah belongs all honour, power and glory. [Quran, 4: 139] Seek your honor in this life and the next from Al-‘Azeez only, by obeying Him and following His Messenger.

3. There’s no hiding from Al-‘Azeez.
Let Al-‘Azeez make you recognize that no matter who you are, how pious or “high-positioned” you are, you can never hide from His might and power. The repetition of Al-‘Azeez in the Quran can teach you that you constantly have to remind yourself that you can never go against His Will, and He is mighty against those who disobey Him.

4. Power doesn’t mean honor!
Always use your own “power” or authority in an honourable way, over your children or spouse for example. Train yourself to have strength to resist desires by reminding yourself of the wisdom Al-‘Azeez, who uses His power with wisdom, and always try to strengthen others with your advice, skills, or company.
The Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: Whoever a believer is humiliated before him and he does not help him when he is able to do so, Allah will humiliate him before the creation on the day of judgment. [Ahmad]

5. Honor trusts.
The Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: All of a Muslim is inviolable to another Muslim: his blood, his wealth and his honor [Muslim]. Don’t harm others by your tongue or hand; don’t backbite, slander, or misuse their belongings or even expose their faults.
You can even earn Allah’s protection from the Fire by defending someone’s honor. The Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: Whoever defends the honor of his brother, then Allah will protect his face from the Hellfire on the Day of Resurrection. [At-Tirmidhee]
An example is to rebut backbiting in a company and to mention something good about the person in his or her absence. Your relationships with others are a trust (amaanah) from Al-‘Azeez and you should honor each trust you are given— in your dealings with others, as well as your own body and emaan— by looking after them according to the guidelines of Al-‘Azeez.

6. Use the Quran, al-’azeez!
Allah ‘azza wa jall called the Quran azeez because it is His speech: Verily, those who disbelieved in the Reminder (the Qur’ân) when it came to them (shall receive the punishment). And verily, it is an honourable respected Book. Falsehood cannot come to it from before it or behind it (it is) sent down by the All-Wise, Worthy of all praise. [Quran, 41:41-42]
Stop and reflect; this means the Quran contains everything you need to succeed in life, because it comes from your Creator. It is your manual— and why is a manual read? Only because you want to make something work. So don’t just read the Quran but also use it as your manual.

O Allah, Al ‘Azeez, we know that all might belongs to You. Adorn us with the honour of Islaam, protect us from misusing our powers, make us of those who rely upon Your power only, make us benefit from the Quran and protect us from all of those who want to overpower us, ameen!

And Allah knows best.

In the Names of Allah 19/26 - Name: Al-Aziz - Dr. Bilal Philips

DesertRose

Superstar
:) In sha Allah more names and attributes to come.
31:6
Sahih International: And of the people is he who buys the amusement of speech to mislead [others] from the way of Allah without knowledge and who takes it in ridicule. Those will have a humiliating punishment.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar

Allah calls Himself Al-Jabbaar— The Compeller, The Restorer— on one occasion in the Quran. He is the One who compels all things according to His will. Al-Jabbaar is the Highest One, who irresistibly restores, repairs, and completes all of creation!

The Compeller, The Restorer, The Greatest

Jabbaar comes from the root jeem-baa-raa which points to three main meanings. The first main meaning is to compel and force someone to do something and the second is to be supreme and high. The third main meaning is to repair, to mend, or to restore something.

This root appears ten times in the Quran in one derived form. Examples of this form is jabbaaran (“a tyrant”), bijabbaarin (“ the one to compel”) and jabbaareena (“ of tyrannical strength”).

Linguistically, jabbaar has the structure of intensification. Jaabir points to one who compels or restores and jabeerah is used for a splint, to help broken bones. Al-Jabbaar is the ultimate compeller; whatever He wills happens. He is the highest and the One who fixes the situation for His creation.
Al-Jabbaar Himself says: He is Allah , other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller. [Quran, 59:23]

Three types of jabr

Jabbaar occurs ten times in the Quran, but is only used once for Allah ‘azza wa jall. Nine times jabbaar refers to the people oppressing others and only Allah is al-Jabbaar in a positive sense. His might is in the sense of power; Al-Jabbaar is the One who compels the tyrants, overwhelming them with His power and might.

His might is in the sense of mercy; Al-Jabbaar mends the broken-hearted by restoring peace of mind as well as reward if they are patient. And the heart of (Prophet Moses's mother)Musa’s mother became empty [of all else]. She was about to disclose [the matter concerning] him had We not bound fast her heart that she would be of the believers. [Quran, 28:10] Allah Al-Jabbaar mended her heart and so is He comforting to the oppressed and firm with the unjust; both Fir’awn and the mother of Musa ‘alayhi sallam will deal with Al-Jabbaar. He is the One Who solaces and comforts the oppressed and punishes the tyrants and arrogant.

His might is also in the sense of greatness; Al-Jabbaar is far above His creation, yet close to them, hearing and seeing all they say, do, and even think.

1. Reflect on how Al-Jabbaar compels you.

Al-Jabbaar compels you by creating you in the way He wills you to be. You are compelled to accept your form and shape as well as the beating of your heart, your blood circulation, firing nerve cells, the way your brain works, falling asleep, and waking up. These are all involuntary actions– they are compelled by Allah’s power. Every day, take time to reflect on the way you are made and let it increase you in emaan in the perfect power and might of Al-Jabbaar, Who compels the creation to be as He wishes.

2. Don’t be jabbaar.
The attribute of jabr does not befit people; you are supposed to be an ‘abd (slave) of Al-Jabbaar. Jabbaar is not just tyrant ruler; you can be jabbaar when you harm or hurt other people’s feeling or undermine their authority. Thus does Allah seal over every heart [belonging to] an arrogant tyrant. [Quran, 40:35].
An example is not listening to your parents and hurting them by your words or actions. And your Lord has decreed that you not worship except Him, and to parents, good treatment. Whether one or both of them reach old age [while] with you, say not to them [so much as], “uff,” and do not repel them but speak to them a noble word. [Quran, 17:23]. So never be arrogant.

3. Mend someone’s heart.
If you have oppressed someone, ask for their forgiveness straight away. If you see people suffering, try to talk to them and show them your care. Mend someone’s heart because Al-Jabbaar will mend yours in times of need.

4. Turn to Al-Jabbaar to fix your faults.
Do you feel like you don’t have enough times or skills to accomplish your goals? Never lower your standards; rather raise your faith in Al-Jabbaar to fix your deficiencies, put your life in order, and transform your sins into good deeds! Seek shelter in Him from all your distresses; take this as a general rule in your life.

5. Ask Al-Jabbaar.
The Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam used to say between two prostrations in prayer: O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, support me, protect me, provide for me and elevate me [Abu Dawood, Ibn Majah, At-Tirmidhee] Wajburnee refers to “reform or fix” my affairs.

The Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam also said in prostration and bowing: How perfect He is, The Possessor of total power (jabaroot), sovereignty, magnificence and grandeur [Abu Dawood] Memorize these supplications so you can benefit from them.

O Allah, Al-Jabbaar, we know that You are the One who compels and restores and who is Highest. Mend our hearts when we are distressed and protect us from oppression and from being oppressive to others. Make us obey Your commands willingly, and enable us to reach all our goals which are pleasing to You, ameen!

And Allah knows best.
In the Names of Allah 20/26 - Name: Al Jabbar - Dr. Bilal Philips

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar

Al-Mutakabbir " ٱلْمُتَكَبِّرُ " The Possessor of Greatness, the supremely Great. This attribute of Allah grandeur in everything. The One who is clear from the attributes of the creatures and from resembling them.

The following verse from [Surah 59. Al-Hashr: 23] is one unique verse in which many attributes of Allah, eight to be exact, have been spelt out together, of which Al-Mutakabbir " ٱلْمُتَكَبِّرُ " is the one:

هُوَ اللّٰهُ الَّذِىۡ لَاۤ اِلٰهَ اِلَّا هُوَۚ اَلۡمَلِكُ الۡقُدُّوۡسُ السَّلٰمُ الۡمُؤۡمِنُ الۡمُهَيۡمِنُ الۡعَزِيۡزُ الۡجَـبَّارُ الۡمُتَكَبِّرُؕ سُبۡحٰنَ اللّٰهِ عَمَّا يُشۡرِكُوۡنَ‏

"He is Allah: there is no god but He: the King, the Holy, the All-Peace, the Giver of security, the Overseer,40 the Most Mighty, the Overpowering, the All-Great [Al-Mutakabbir " ٱلْمُتَكَبِّرُ "]. Exalted be He from whatever they associate with Him."

The word Al-Mutakabbir has two meanings: (1) The one who is not actually great but poses as great. (2) The one who is actually great and sets himself up as such.

Whether it is man or Satan, or some other creature, since greatness does not, in fact, belong to it, its posing itself as great and claiming superiority over others is, a false claim and a vice. Contrary to this, Allah Almighty is truly Great and greatness actually belongs to Him, and everything in the universe is low and insignificant as against Him. Therefore, His being Great and setting Himself up as Great is no false claim but reality; it is a virtue and excellence, which no one else has but Allah.

This the attribute Al-Mutakabbir describes that Allah is the One Who is greater than all of creation, the One Who manifests greatness in everything and in all ways, the One Who is the Most Privileged in attributes which others have not, for no doubt He is the supremely great.

source of above: https://www.myultimatedecision.info/2019/10/99-attributes-of-allah-al-mutakabbir.htm

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar

Allah calls Himself Al-Khaaliq— The Creator, or the Maker— on 11 occasions in the Quran. He is the One who creates everything from nothing. Al-Khaaliq invents and perfects according to His will and with the knowledge of what will happen!

The Creator, the Maker, the Planner

Khaaliq or Khallaaq (intensification) comes from the root khaa-laam-qaaf which points to three main meanings. The first main meaning is to measure accurately or to proportion one thing according to another and the second is to create something based on a devised model or pattern. The third main meaning is to bring a thing into existence from non-existence and after making it exist, to change it to something else.

This root appears 261 times in the Quran in eight derived forms. Examples of these forms are khalaqakum (“created you”), khuluqin (“of moral character”), and ikhtilaaqun (“a fabrication”).

Linguistically, khalq refers to creating, making, and giving measurement. Al-Khaaliq is the One who created the material and time present in the universe, gave matter to its properties and set in motion its laws. He has total control over everything and manages all its affairs but is independent of all that He created. Allah alone is the creator and all the rest is creation.

Al-Khaaliq Himself says: He is Allah, the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner; to Him belong the best names
[Quran 59:24]
Say, ‘Allah is the Creator of all things, and He is the One, the Prevailing.’ [Quran, 13:16]
and That is Allah, your Lord, Creator of all things; there is no deity except Him, so how are you deluded?
[Quran, 40:62]

The product of Allah

Allah ‘azza wajal mentions in the Quran that He is ahsaanul khaaliqeen, the best of creators. This is meant metaphorically— there are no other creators. When we look at tawheed— our belief in the oneness of Allah— we see two aspects: the unity of Allah and the unity of the creation. They are not mixed in any way, the creation is the product of Allah Al-Khaaliq.
For example a chair: the cotton fabric comes from plants, the metal from rocks, and the wood from trees; all that people did is reassemble these sources into a piece of furniture. Human beings manipulate or reassemble that which already exists— we cannot and will never create anything.

A mind-blowing argument

Most ayaat of the Quran are a reminder for those who believe in Allah ‘azza wa jall, reminding them of Him as Creator and how to praise and be thankful to Him. In a few ayaat Al-Khaaliq powerfully presents the truth to atheists: Or were they created by nothing, or were they the creators [of themselves]? Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Rather, they are not certain. [Quran, 52:35-36]

The argument starts with Allah ‘azza wa jall giving the atheists a first option: if they don’t believe in a creator then were they created from nothing? Nothing cannot produce something, that’s the first option cancelled.

Allah gives them a second option: then, did you create yourselves? If you didn’t exist then you can’t do any creating. Allah ‘azza wa jall continues: did you create the heavens and the earth? Even if they claim to have created themselves, did they create the vast heavens and earth? Indeed, they are uncertain; somebody had to create them. Al-Khaaliq leaves mankind with these two options to think about. That is the logic of belief in Allah ‘azza wa jall, and the believers should be able to convey these ayaat or verses.

How Can You Live by This Name?

1. Strengthen your relationship with al-Khaaliq.

If there is anything you desire, ask the One who creates everything; if you desire children ask Al-Khaaliq, but also turn to Him for the smallest matters. The Messenger of Allah salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: Each of you should ask for his needs from Allah, even if the strap of your sandal breaks, because if Allah does not facilitate it, it will never be possible. [At-Tirmidhee] No evil eye, magic, or any force on earth can prevent what Al-Khaaliq has destined to come into existence. Firawn (Pharaoh)tried his best to prevent Musa (Moses) ‘alayhi sallam from coming into being and growing up to destroy his kingdom, but when Al-Khaaliq decides to create something it will be! So ask Him for all your needs and wishes.

2. Don’t fear created things.
Don’t fear the creation, only fear the Creator. Stop fearing people’s opinions, poverty, failure, etc., and focus on pleasing Al-Khaaliq. He will suffice for your needs. Our problem is that we often try to please people while angering Allah ‘azza wa jall, like joining in backbiting to be “cool.” The Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: Whoever sought the pleasure of Allah though it was displeasing to the people then Allah becomes pleased with him, and will make the people pleased with him, and whoever sought the pleasure of the people though it was displeasing to Allah then Allah becomes displeased with him and will make the people displeased with him. [Ibn Hibban, At-Tirmidhee]

3. Don’t call people “creator.”
In the English language “to create,” is also used in the senses of forming, producing, or making. However, referring to “creating” we must not use it for people in the sense of making something existent from nothing, calling people “creator.”

4. Look at nature.
Allah al-Khaaliq says: You do not see in the creation of the Most Merciful any inconsistency. So return [your] vision [to the sky] -don’t be content with just one look, look more times and see- are there any breaks [Quran, 67:3] And the earth – We spread it out and cast therein firmly set mountains and made grow therein [something] of every beautiful kind, Giving insight and a reminder for every servant who turns [to Allah]. [Quran 50: 7-8] Form a new habit: take at least five minutes each day to sit down, day or night, and actively look around you, remember Al-Khaaliq, and stand before Him.

O Allah, Al-Khaaliq, we know that You are the Creator of all that existed, exists, and will exist. Lead us to unshakable belief in you as our Creator and let us never ascribe partners to You. Guide us to please You and to ask You for our needs and wishes, awaken us to reflect on the creation, and make us of those who are good in form and good in manners, ameen!

And Allah knows best.

The Creator (Al-Khaliq, Al-Khallaaq) - In the Names of Allah - Dr. Bilal Philips [Episode 22/26]
Meanings of "Al Khaliq (The Creator)" by Karim AbuZaid

Last edited: