The Muslum Christian

Vytas

Star
The way fundamentalism views God makes our lives just for his amusement. The idea of an all knowing active creator God who controls all of reality, and then damns you to a torture chamber for all eternity if you don’t have the right religion is disgusting.
God doesn't interfere with you life if you yourself won't ask him, or other do that for you as was in my case. If you don't want God he want annoy you. God is in control of your life if you ask him long and hard with all your heart. That is so hard to achieve. Obviously religion has nothing to do with torture chamber. God claims he is just, thats good enough for me. Condemned will be those who deserve it.

DavidSon

Star
Jesus Christ is the ONLY SAVIOUR.

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”.........John 14:6 KJB

This was established back in Genesis in the garden of eden when mankind first sinned.

“And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.”..............Genesis 3:15 KJB
I support your freedom of belief but it's sad you don't realize these are constructs of your version of Christianity. Jesus is YOUR savior, he's YOUR God.

Jesus himself prayed to the Father. He said specifically his ministry was to uplift the lost within the tribe of Israel. The meaning of his teachings were intended for His apostles alone. Also He says those who are well don't need a physician.

Your church interprets that Jesus is literally God (which is quite near idolatry) and that He died for the sins of mankind. I'd rather follow the words of God and Christ than Pope Paul, the nut-job Luther or John Wesley. Thanks, but no thanks.

Does anyone else find it odd that instead of quoting the Messiah or the inspired words of the OT, so many Christians revert to Paul's epistles to describe their beliefs?

Last edited:

DavidSon

Star
Now I get where some of this stuff comes from:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substitutionary_atonement

"Many but by no means all ancient and modern branches of Christianity embrace substitutionary atonement as the central meaning of Jesus' death on the cross. These branches however have developed different theories of atonement. The Eastern Orthodox and Eastern Catholics do not incorporate substitutionary atonement in their doctrine of the cross and resurrection. The Roman Catholic Church incorporates it into Aquinas' satisfaction doctrine rooted in the idea of penance. Most EvangelicalProtestants interpret it largely in terms of penal substitution.[27]"

" Many of the Church Fathers, including Justin Martyr, Athanasius and Augustine incorporate a theory of substitutionary atonement into their writings. However, the specific interpretation as to what this suffering for sinners meant differed to some extent. It is widely held that the early Church Fathers, including Athanasius and Augustine, taught that through Christ's vicarious suffering in humanity's place, he overcame and liberated humanity from sin, death, and the devil.[27] Thus, while the idea of substitutionary atonement is present in nearly all atonement theories, the specific idea of satisfaction and penal substitution are later developments in the Roman Catholic church and in Calvinism.[28]"

Vytas

Star
I don't know. :/ Unfortunately, there may be just enough (twisting of the) truth to appear plausible to those who don't know any better. I hate that crap.

Ever heard of Johanna Michaelson? Her lecture on Testing the Spirits (and the prevalence of false messiahs & heresy within the church) is below, if you are interested. I'm about 1/3 into it-- I've listened to her before but I didn't know she was a convert from the occult practices.

She is smart... and dedicated. I like her :D
Finally watched it, and im glad i did, she is freaking awesome :) Im going to entertain myself some more now.

elsbet

Superstar

"Many but by no means all ancient and modern branches of Christianity embrace substitutionary atonement as the central meaning of Jesus' death on the cross. These branches however have developed different theories of atonement. The Eastern Orthodox and Eastern Catholics do not incorporate substitutionary atonement in their doctrine of the cross and resurrection. The Roman Catholic Church incorporates it into Aquinas' satisfaction doctrine rooted in the idea of penance. Most EvangelicalProtestants interpret it largely in terms of penal substitution.[27]"

" Many of the Church Fathers, including Justin Martyr, Athanasius and Augustine incorporate a theory of substitutionary atonement into their writings. However, the specific interpretation as to what this suffering for sinners meant differed to some extent. It is widely held that the early Church Fathers, including Athanasius and Augustine, taught that through Christ's vicarious suffering in humanity's place, he overcame and liberated humanity from sin, death, and the devil.[27] Thus, while the idea of substitutionary atonement is present in nearly all atonement theories, the specific idea of satisfaction and penal substitution are later developments in the Roman Catholic church and in Calvinism.[28]"
Quack.

You don't even know the source up there ^^^ and you post it as Truth... lol

yannick

Veteran
Your teaching and legens are in your own mind. Deceiving and untrue that only the self righteous and children of Satan would fall for. I have seen this attempt before to beguile people from the Truth (Genesis Chapters 2 & 3 of Satan) and Balaam in Numbers Chapter 22.
We are all the same, mere creatures of the Almighty. At most, we agree to disagree. At least, let us begin a friendship.

yannick

Veteran
legend
/ˈlɛdʒ(ə)nd/

noun

a traditional story sometimes popularly regarded as historical but not authenticated.
"the legend of King Arthur" synonyms: myth, saga, epic, folk tale, folk story, traditional story, tale, story, fairy tale, narrative, fable, romance; More

an extremely famous or notorious person, especially in a particular field.
"the man was a living legend" synonyms: celebrity, star, superstar, icon, famous person, great, genius, phenomenon, luminary, giant, big name; More

adjective

very well known.
"his speed and ferocity in attack were legend"​

Last edited:

yannick

Veteran
Perhaps then there should be only one faith and atheist's shouldn't exist at all. Taking your logic little bit further...
You need to know what a nightmare disbelief is to be able to appreciate the worth of belief. :) God Is Certainly Most Wise to have Created everything so perfectly.

elsbet

Superstar
For his era, which is now past. There have been so many Prophets and Messengers sent to mankind. Some say around 124,000.

Each and everyone of them were sent to respective people. Some were very tall people but they were of a different era.

But @yannick ... you've just reminded me: even the devil has prophets.

How old is that grave?

JoChris

Superstar

No, some churches just read the bible and get their doctrines from it.
https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/themes/Christ+became+man's+substitute
https://www.openbible.info/topics/penal_substitution

Others explain them away. Others even depart from the faith to create their own pseudo-Christianity, omitting any bible passage that doesn't agree with their new faith system.

JoChris

Superstar
We are all the same, mere creatures of the Almighty. At most, we agree to disagree. At least, let us begin a friendship.
It is extreme openess of mind that will make people like yourself fall for the AntiChrist (if he comes in your lifetime).
Truth (peacefully gained if possible) not friendship should be your ultimate goal.

Vytas

Star
You need to know what a nightmare disbelief is to be able to appreciate the worth of belief. :) God Is Certainly Most Wise to have Created everything so perfectly.
Stop scaring me lol, i log in and find 20+ notifications, im like wth happened WWIII ?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Good point. I should have been clearer.

Even if there were 30 thousand different denominations (for real).. there are many different reasons for that.
I think there are as many denominations as there are responses to scripture. As the Catholic church progressively moved away from Biblical principles and suppressed the Bible, much knowledge by the people was lost, hence the "Dark Ages".

It seems to me that as the Reformation brought about the rediscovery of what the Bible taught, people also sought to pin down an understanding of Theology that had been clouded by tradition. The diversity of Christian interpretation on this forum gives a snapshot of the breadth of people's responses to the Bible.

That having been said, there is a huge difference between the vital message of the Gospel - I.e. you MUST be born again, and secondary matters in biblical interpretation. When some people talk about denominations, it is made out as though Christianity is composed of many different religions, whereas I think it would be closer to the truth to say that we are more like different friendship groups within the same school.

yannick

Veteran
It is extreme openess of mind that will make people like yourself fall for the AntiChrist (if he comes in your lifetime).
Truth (peacefully gained if possible) not friendship should be your ultimate goal.
If you truly believe in God, pray that my openness of mind does not make me fall for the Antichrist, supplicate if need be with some tears if you truly care, and then maybe I shall be granted protection, can you?

Friendship is a good thing. Through it, we can help just anybody who is in need. Friendship is truth since normally I would way prefer playing online games than be on this site, but the situation of the world prevents me from being so reckless. Sacrifice wins versus enjoyment of the fleeting pleasures of this world. Friendship becomes more gratifying as time goes by than satisfying one's own vain desires.