The Music Industry & Sexualizing Young Girls

TheTruthIsOutThere

Established
I know this has been spoken on before but I think it is getting worse

These young girls are often in heavy make up, short skirts, tight pants and tight tops and are singing about Adult topics like one night stands and acting a lot older than they actuallyare

Personally I think that there are some real perverted sickos and pedos in the industry that get off on seeing young girls act sexual like this.

rainerann

Star
A long time ago, I would reflect over whether things like this were wrong because for some percentage of the population, no matter how she is dancing or what she is wearing, a normal person is still just going to see a little girl. These people are only going to feel offended because of an adult awareness that not everyone is going to do the same thing. It is like a certain protective alarm sounds in a healthy adult. So I wondered whether it would be judgmental to consider this negatively.

Now, I look at this and I just wonder what the parents must be thinking because even if everyone in the room was innocently thinking that this is just a sweet little girl who might grow up to be a good dancer, I still wouldn't let my daughter do something like this. This makes things like this seem even more confusing because how does a parent let their daughter become part of a discussion like this? I truly can't wrap my mind around how something like even exists when you think that about how each of these girls has a connection to a parent, who appears to be giving permission for something like this.

Aero

Superstar
When someone offers your child a million dollar contract, (that all goes to you) and any of you turn it down. Then you can talk. But personally, I don't buy that anyone would for 1 second. You are fooling yourselves if you think you are so much better.

Most of you would rationalize the same way these specific parents do. You would tell yourself you will watch over your kid like a hawk. And that you could "handle" it better. But you definitely wouldn't handle it any better.

I just find it weird that we can't get anyone to tell men not to act rapey. It's always the same boys will be boys shit. But you will all jump on the little girls the first chance you get. Like hello, that's called a double standard fallacy.

Why do yall think nobody cares about this shit? It's because this is what the men want! But yall will continue to harp on the women for some reason. They are acting exactly how their environment wants them to act. So why do people keep pointing these girls out?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
When someone offers your child a million dollar contract, (that all goes to you) and any of you turn it down. Then you can talk. But personally, I don't buy that anyone would for 1 second. You are fooling yourselves if you think you are so much better.

Most of you would rationalize the same way these specific parents do. You would tell yourself you will watch over your kid like a hawk. And that you could "handle" it better. But you definitely wouldn't handle it any better.

I just find it weird that we can't get anyone to tell men not to act rapey. It's always the same boys will be boys shit. But you will all jump on the little girls the first chance you get. Like hello, that's called a double standard fallacy.

Why do yall think nobody cares about this shit? It's because this is what the men want! But yall will continue to harp on the women for some reason. They are acting exactly how their environment wants them to act. So why do people keep pointing these girls out?
Im not so sure that the majority of posters here would accept a million (or any amount) of dollars to place their kids in harms way. Perhaps a few, but I wouldn't estimate that many here would do so.

peridot

Established

I think there is a lot of truth in what you are saying. There is a scene from the Selena movie (where her dad sees the bustier she'll wear on stage) that reminds me exactly of this. The only time I have seen people reject this type of offer is when they are firmly convince that their kids development is worth more that the money or other incitements people offer them for it. Very few have something strong enough in their life to convince them of this, but there ARE some that do.

You are also right to say that in an culture and media where many things are regulated by men, so what men want in this area, men will get.

But the fact that there are evil stupid people in the world does not suddenly make it ok for girls to look like street walkers, even if you think you personally should have the right to dress like one. As an adult, you have the right to make that choice, as has the rest of the population the right to their opinion about it. But most girls do not know what street walkers are, nor the consequences of that behavior. So until they do, they shouldn't have parents volunteering them for the profession, or permissively allowing they to practice it.
(think about how most would feel if someone FORCED their child to act as a housewife..)