The movie Cats (2019) is pure Freemasonry, it's crazy

JohnnyJackson

rsz_mvv1_.jpg

I was surprised by the extremely low (imdB) ratings. I decided to watch it as a "so-bad-its good" movie. I was agreeably surprised by the depth and symbolism in the movie. I've never heard of the play before. I must say that I've enjoyed very much the movie (and I hate musicals).

There are plenty of Hollywood movies that if you don't have the references/background (notably Masonic), the movie doesn't make any sense. This one went probably went too far for the general public...

Spoilers ahead after this point!
----------

I was expecting to watch the dumbest movie of my life. It was the opposite. In less than five minutes, you're bombarded with esotericism. The movie starts with a hotel called "The Egyptian", next to another one called "The Rising Sun".
download (1).jpeg

An old woman dressed in black and white drives a car (with blinding headlights) and drops what seems to be a baby in a cloth bundle. Like the myth of storks delivering babies to parents. According to Wikipedia, In Slavic mythology and religion, storks were thought to carry unborn souls from Vyraj to Earth in spring and summer. This belief still persists in the modern folk culture of many Slavic countries, in the simplified child story that "storks bring children into the world" .
The old woman has a black-and-white scarf, a black-and-white dress, and black-and-white shoes.... Duality of black and white (and duality in general) is very important in Freemasonry. She might represent the Demiurge bringing souls to the world.

download (3).jpeg

After this delivery, our main character Victoria, the White swan is being born. She gets out of the cloth bundle left by the old woman, and takes her literal first breaths.
download (4).jpeg

As she is born, we see immediately behind her a red Tetractys, an important symbol for Pythagoreanism, the cult many Freemasons say their movement takes roots.
download (5).jpeg

Then the musical lyrics give hints to the theme of the movie :

Can You see in the dark?
Do you know your way to Heavyside Layer?
Because Jellicles can and Jellicles do.
Can You ride on a broomstick to far distant places?
The Pied piper assistant?
Have you been an alumnus of heaven or hell?
Were you there when the pharaohs commissioned the sphinx?
If were you and you are, you’re a Jellicles cat.
Jellicle songs for Jellicle cats.

We have to assume now that "Heavyside Layer" is heaven, and a "Jellicle" a freemason. These Jellicles seem obsessed with pantheim (Pied Piper), Egypt and witchcraft (riding broomsticks). And they keep repeating the phrase "Jellicle songs for Jellicle cats", probably to mean that only Freemasons or those with FM culture can understand the lyrics.

As they dance, we see a pyramid with a shining sun and "London Pavillon - The Centre of the World" written. Modern freemasonry is born in England and the Grand Lodge of England still make and unmake "regular" lodges around the world... The phrase "Wake up and dream" just under it could summarise the FM ideology. Wake up from your illusions, and dream. Create your own reality/be limitless. Very discreet is also the car plate where you can read : "EVE 6IS". It relates to Eve/Isis, the main goddess of Freemasonry and Egyptian mystery cults.
download (6).jpeg

As the cats sings they make a list of all the kind of cats you will find in their esoteric group, the list is long :
♪ Practical cats ♪
Dramatical cats,
Pragmatical cats,
Fanatical cats,
Oratorical cats,
Delphicoracle cats,
Skeptical cats,
Dyspeptical cats,
Romantical cats,
Pedantical cats,
Critical cats,
Parasitical cats,
Allegorical cats,
Metaphorical cats,
Statistical cats,
And mystical cats.
Political cats,
Hypocritical cats,
Clerical cats,
Hysterical cats,
Cynical cats,
Rabbinical cats
And magical cats ♪

It's probably to emphasise that when you join Freemasonry, you join a group of humans, not saints. That you will find every kinds of "cats" in Freemasonry. You will find as many freemasonry as there are human beings. It's not a mono-bloc of thought, it's the exact opposite. The long list finish with "magical cats"...
19.png

When all the cats finished dancing and explained to her the "general idea" of Freemasonry, they all leave Victoria alone in front of the Black and White milk bar. Probably relates to black/white magic in FM. Freemasons are free to follow their own path, the black one or white one. Serve yourself or humanity. Later in the movie, we can see the famous masonic checkerboard on the floor inside.
download (18).jpeg

The bad guy of the movie makes his appearance : Macavity (my cavity...???), with Idris Elba in the role. He watched Victoria from afar and now he comes to her and say : "Going to the ball? I wouldn't if I were you. Could get dangerous. (...)There's no one like Macavity. A wonderful magician. But a monster of depravity." He warns her of the dangers of FM, and declare himself a monster of depravity.
download (7).jpeg

Despite all the joyful dancing and singing and great advertisement for Freemasonry, when she tries to follow the Jellicles, she finds herself in front of heavy bars. She cannot enter... They ask her name, she answers Victoria (which tell us that the character is probably gonna be victorious in this journey). When they let her enter, she finds herself in a cemetery... Again very masonic. You first have to die (symbolically) before joining the club. She then dances on a tomb at the moonlight, which clearly indicates witchcraft/magical practices.
download (9).jpeg

(Part II is coming)

JohnnyJackson

(Part II)

At this point of the movie, you understand that there will be a competition between Jellicles (freemason cats) to know how to deserve to be "reborn" tonight. A leader (Masonic Master) will decide who deserve it. The leader in the movie is named "Old Deuteronomy", an old woman. The theme of rebirth is essential to Freemasons and mystery cults. At this point to deny the masonic core of the movie is insane.

From here, we see different cats (competing for the rebirth) and their lifestyles : the Lazy cat, Curious cat, Fat/Rich cat, Burglar cats.... This illustrates the diversity of cats inside FM again I guess. Macavity (evil mason) make them disappear magically and captures them by luring them with worldly pursuits (fame, money, food etc...)
28.png

Now Victoria performs a secret ritual with her co-Masons. I'm not sure what Freemasons do in their lodges, but it looks like an orgasmic "little Death", sex sessions. After the ritual, the main character is sweating and breathing as if she just had sex.
download (10).jpeg

Macavity the evil guy enchants now the whole lodge by sprinkling magical sand onto their eyes (Sandman). He has many accomplices in the lodge who pour sand on people to make them "fall asleep". Then the Master mason "Old Deuteronomy" appears, next to Macavity. She says that she will never him make be reborn tonight because he is a cheat. She tells him : "I choose the cat that deserves a new life. I judge a cat by its soul." As soon she says he's a cheat, he makes her disappear too and captures her.
download (11).jpeg

The Jellicles wake up from the sand and realises that their leader is gone. They figure out that only magic can make her come back. Magical cat is up for the task. He tries many times, but fail every time. He gives up. But when they all sing instead of him and believe in him, it works and make "Old Deuteronomy" appear again. Meaning = The "magic" inside the lodges can only work if the brothers all "believe" strongly. From this moment, Magical cat get all his powers back and fly through the room, among other things.
download (12).jpeg

Victoria finally co-opt a cat (Homeless/Wandering cat) inside the lodge (as freemasons do). This cat is old and nostalgic about its former glory/memories and now lives in the wasteland. Nobody wants to deal with her. She's a reject. Victoria shows her that there is Light inside, in her lodge.
download (14).jpeg

When Homeless cat is inside the temple, people are weary, suspicious and unwelcoming. Victoria tells her to '"Sing". To tell her story, who she is and tell others what she can bring to the lodge. As someone would do to be accepted in a FM lodge.
download (15).jpeg

All the lodge is deeply moved by her honesty, pain and poetry. To everyone surprise, she is the one who is gonna get reborn tonight. Finally it won't be the main character Victoria.
download (16).jpeg

The Homeless cat is then put in a hot air balloon, where she goes up, up, up... past the moon and to the Heavyside Layer. We see now that it is morning (rising sun) and the hot air balloon goes straight toward the Sun/Light. They all sing like an angelic choir as she goes to the Light. Then "Old Deuteronomy", the Master mason, looks at the camera and says a conclusion about Freemasons to the viewers :

♪ You've heard of several kinds of cat ♪
♪ And my opinion now is that ♪
♪ You should need no interpreter ♪
♪ To understand our character ♪
♪ You've learned enough to take the view ♪
♪ That cats are very much like you ♪
♪ You've seen us both at work and games ♪
♪ And learnt about our proper names ♪
♪ Our habits and our habitat ♪
♪ But how would you ad-dress a cat? ♪
♪ So first your memory I'll jog ♪
♪ And say a cat is not ♪
♪ A dog ♪
♪ So first your memory I'll jog ♪
♪ And say a cat is not ♪
♪ A dog ♪
♪ With cats ♪
♪ Some say one rule is true ♪
♪ Don't speak till you ♪
♪ Are spoken to ♪
♪ Myself, I do not hold with that ♪
♪ I say you should ad-dress a cat ♪
♪ But always bear in mind that he ♪
♪ Resents familiarity ♪
♪ You bow ♪
♪ And taking off your hat ♪
♪ Ad-dress him in this form ♪
♪ O Cat ♪
♪ O Cat ♪
♪ Before a cat will condescend ♪
♪ To treat you as a trusted friend ♪
♪ Some little token of esteem ♪
♪ Is needed, like a dish of cream ♪
♪ Or you might now and then supply ♪
♪ Some caviar or Strasbourg pie ♪
♪ Some potted grouse or salmon paste ♪
♪ He's sure to have his personal taste ♪
♪ And so in time you reach your aim ♪
♪ And call him ♪
♪ By his name ♪
♪ A cat's entitled to expect ♪
♪ These evidences of respect ♪
♪ So this is this ♪
♪ And that is that ♪
♪ And that's how you ad-dress ♪
♪ A cat. ♪
download (20).jpeg

This is the end of the movie. Even though she wasn't chosen to have a rebirth, "Old Deuteronomy" tells Victoria : "I believe you truly are a Jellicle cat." So maybe the true meaning-felicity of being a Freemason is not enlightening yourself, but enlightening others, helping others and humanity. While avoiding Macavity-type inside and outside the lodges, seducing you, "putting you to sleep" for worldly pursuits... The final shot is Homeless cat going to the Light and becoming the Light.
download (17).jpeg

Final note : During all the movie the temple, located at the "Egyptian" hotel, always has its doors semi-open (similar to the movie poster). Probably to remind people that FM is always open. The Cats movie logo has a rising sun on the letter T. It's clear during the end credits, I haven't noticed before.
Do you think it's masonic propaganda? I think it is. And I think it is well done. I want to believe that some FM are good people, it's just that the Macavity-types do so much evil around the world that I don't want to touch that.

Last edited:

Sunshine

Established
This movie is based upon the musical "Cats," which is in turn based upon a book of poetry by T.S. Eliot, called "Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats." Both the book and the play are meant to be fun and light-hearted. The plot of this movie seems to follow that of the play, with the exception that there is no Victoria, or really any first-person perspective character. Mostly the different characters, who embody different characteristics of felines (and some people too!) just scamper around and describe themselves and eachother through song and dance. (Ordinarily, I can't stand musicals, but I loved it so much I've seen it three times.)

If there were a "hero," per se, it would be Grizabella, who apparently has no name in the movie and to whom you refer only as "the homeless cat." She is the tragic hero, once admired for her beauty and talent by the other cats, but beaten down by the viccitudes of life until she becomes an object of scorn. She was rejected and redeemed by the other cats in the colony, in the play, but that seems to be where the similiarities end.

MacCavity is not a typical villain in the play--just an archetype of the type of person/cat who gets what he wants by not following other people's rules. Whether he is a good-guy, bad-guy or indifferent is up to the interpretation of the viewer/reader. He is an object of admiration for the other cats, not one of fear, because, as we all know, cats could give two sh**s about rules. They consider him a bad-ass, not a cheater. Looks like the movie has taken away this important distinction and dumbed down the role according to the usual "black-hat/white hat" determination typicl of movies. (Pun intended)

So, much as they have done with other great and/or popular works of our culture, it looks like the illuminastis have taken this Broadway treasure and perverted it to their own ends. I would urge you to check out the play, as written, and maybe even check out the poems too. They are highly original and highly enjoyable in their own right. I thank you for your analysis of the movie version. Now I know not to waste my time or money to watch a Hollyowood ruin yet another classic.