The monitored digital pill has arrived

Lady

Star
So, it has really come to this!
This news immediately reminded me of an older movie of a dystopian future world. All humans are medicated in order to not feel emotions, to be at "equilibrium" on a continual basis. This is the way the society is controlled.
Father, son, mother, daughter are on equal terms-evidenced as the protagonist's son authoritatively reminds his dad to take his medicine.
A good-not great-movie with Christian Bale as lead; full of symbolism and familiar themes to today's news.

Vixy

Star
Yeah, I remember that movie. Like antidepressants nowadays: everyones on them. I have a friend thats suffrring from psychosis and stops taking her meds since her mom tells her its toxins. Well her mom aint wrong but then again it does make her better. She gets a shot not, forced on her by the doctor and theyre completely overmedicating her to the point that shes shaking. So in that case this might be a good idea but I have a feeling this will be highly misused.

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
I was on meds for a while for anxiety and other things. For me I didn't feel like they worked. The anxiety meds did a little, but it wasn't a high enough dosage to be consistent. There was a job that I wanted that I couldn't get because of the meds and I got upset so I quit them. I worked through my emotional issues and trauma. I live alone so I had to face a lot of things emotionally but now months later. I'm stronger, I'm better, I'm honest with myself which gives me a better understanding of who I am and how my experiences have formed the perceptions around me.

It's a lot deeper and harder than how I'm making it seem, but what I was able to do with myself was what I wanted doctors and psychologist to do with me, which was to help me work through issues rather than throwing pills at me. I could tell they didn't really care. It's really hard but I recommend anyone who may have gone through trauma or something hurtful in their lives to face who they are and work through things.

llleopard

Established
I was on meds for a while for anxiety and other things. For me I didn't feel like they worked. The anxiety meds did a little, but it wasn't a high enough dosage to be consistent. There was a job that I wanted that I couldn't get because of the meds and I got upset so I quit them. I worked through my emotional issues and trauma. I live alone so I had to face a lot of things emotionally but now months later. I'm stronger, I'm better, I'm honest with myself which gives me a better understanding of who I am and how my experiences have formed the perceptions around me.

It's a lot deeper and harder than how I'm making it seem, but what I was able to do with myself was what I wanted doctors and psychologist to do with me, which was to help me work through issues rather than throwing pills at me. I could tell they didn't really care. It's really hard but I recommend anyone who may have gone through trauma or something hurtful in their lives to face who they are and work through things.
Good on you. I came off 20 years of antidepressants bit by bit over about 3 years,gradually reducing and working on diet, excercise, emotional problems, breathing etc.....my doctor warned me that many people subsequently crash, but after 6 months free I thought I was all good and had things worked out.....then a number of things went slightly wrong in life all at once - not even badly wrong, just smallish things, and BAM. Within two days I was so anxious and suicidal it scared the ...... out of me and after a few days of doing everything i could to sort myself out, I decided to go back on the pills. I just couldn't take it. I'd forgotten how absolutely horrific it felt to be so overwhelmed I wanted to die. So now I'm reducing the pills again to the lowest level where I can cope, and I don't think I'll ever bother to try and go drug free again - even though that's what I would prefer.
I absolutely respect you for getting off the pills and working through your issues - that is MASSIVE , and I really hope you can stay that way forever!

Helioform

Star
I am also taking pills for anxiety and for helping me sleep, but I wish I wouldn't need them. I have very stressful days so they do help me.

But I think I'm gonna drop them, as in Revelation the word for "witchcraft" or "sorcery" is PHARMAKOS. Or the greek word for pharmaceuticals...coincidence? I'm not sure. I know they do open up the aura for infiltration to occur, much like other drugs and alcohol.

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
Good on you. I came off 20 years of antidepressants bit by bit over about 3 years,gradually reducing and working on diet, excercise, emotional problems, breathing etc.....my doctor warned me that many people subsequently crash, but after 6 months free I thought I was all good and had things worked out.....then a number of things went slightly wrong in life all at once - not even badly wrong, just smallish things, and BAM. Within two days I was so anxious and suicidal it scared the ...... out of me and after a few days of doing everything i could to sort myself out, I decided to go back on the pills. I just couldn't take it. I'd forgotten how absolutely horrific it felt to be so overwhelmed I wanted to die. So now I'm reducing the pills again to the lowest level where I can cope, and I don't think I'll ever bother to try and go drug free again - even though that's what I would prefer.
I absolutely respect you for getting off the pills and working through your issues - that is MASSIVE , and I really hope you can stay that way forever!
Thank you. I think I'll be alright. I was molested as a kid so I had what they call "Body Memories" which was my body remembering everything, like touch, feel, smell, pain, etc. As a teen when I did research body memories was just a theory, but now it's recognized. They said there wasn't a cure for it. But I'm proof that it's not true. What I did was allow the memory to play out in a safe space. I live alone so I knew I was safe in my apartment with no interruptions. I let the memories play out. I went through all the emotions of fear and trauma. Eventually I learned to separate it and recognize that it was just a memory and I chose to relax and accept it as it was. The problem is with trauma is that when you tense up you are actually telling your body to remember it, so you have to relax and let it go. In your mind, talk yourself through it, let yourself know it's gonna be ok. This went on nightly for months until I couldn't feel anything on my body anymore. For 10 years I was dealing with it and in a matter of months it was gone. Then I had my mental memories to deal with and I went through every event in my mind and allowed the emotions to come. I told the truth, I didn't make excuses, but eventually it led me to forgive. I was able to release all the emotions. I still remember things but I'm no long emotionally attached so it doesn't hurt me anymore.

It's really not easy. Going through some of the memories felt like sleep paralysis, but it was necessary to gain control of the situation.

TruthSucker

Established
My respect @UnspokenSoliloquy , I pull off my hat (perfect avatar: check) ;)

It's always easier to take a pill instead of really deal with a problem, wherewith I don't wanna say that this is the better or the good way or the only right way. Everyone has problems, some are bigger, some are not that hard, but every one is personal. Problems are always pretty easy as long as you are not the one affected by it.

Equilibrium was a good movie, at least for me. Very similar to "Brave New World" when it comes to taking pills. Mostly the whole world is already on pills so very obvious this is the next step with melting man and machine. What could be more important than your health?

rainerann

Star
I remember looking into biocomputing a little bit in school when we were discussing Moore's and different alternative solutions that are being developed so technology can continue advancing at the rate we are presently.

I didnt think it is a viable long term solution at the time so I undecided about a development like this. The effort to make this is disturbing because I do feel frustrated every day by the reality that people don't research simple things like why coconut has antiviral properties to try to find solutions from this.

Sometimes I day dream about winning the lottery and paying to research this myself because the root of all these developments is funding. Someone is capable of funding this and this economic disadvantage creates other potential disadvantages as well.