The Media and the CIA

Awoken2

Superstar
Lots to learn from this excellent series.

We are all just lab rats.

Episode 2 examines how you can turn men into killers. You have to break them down mentally first. This method can be observed in it's graphic reality in films like Full Metal Jacket. When you see how they mercilessly "drill" these soldiers prior to war this is just a systematic way of breaking the human psyche, it's done openly and in plain sight but what it is in real terms is a crime against humanity.They are having their brains drilled, quite literally from a psychological point of view.

Break a human mentally and they will cross boundaries that a sane person would deem unacceptable.

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar

Indeed, i learnt alot and thanks for the nudge :)

Part 3 &4 were my favorites.
In part 3, we get to see the application of MK Ultra methods by the business world and the Esalen Institute was mentioned so casually that someone who doesn't know its role in mind manipulation would just take it as its presented.
The experiment with the nuns/ at the Nunnery was shocking to me and i think that in it, the experimenters beheld the results early on, of the Counter-culture on a mass scale.
I could also see that the tactics used by the business world (appeal to the Self/individual and the emotions/need to feel a high) were later used or they seeped into the Christian world and transformed it. And for me, watching Part 3 helps explain the rise of churches like Hillsong et. al.

While Trump didn't win the popular vote, anyone watching Part 4 can clearly see how he was sold to the masses, through Blair and Clinton's campaigns.
I also finally got to see Jim Carville say that phrase that he is so well known for: "Its the economy, stupid!"

Here's that other Adam Curtis documentary that i'd previously mentioned to you. Power of Nightmares was also pretty good.

Shorter version

More relevant now than ever, i guess.

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar

Episode 2 examines how you can turn men into killers. You have to break them down mentally first. This method can be observed in it's graphic reality in films like Full Metal Jacket. When you see how they mercilessly "drill" these soldiers prior to war this is just a systematic way of breaking the human psyche, it's done openly and in plain sight but what it is in real terms is a crime against humanity.They are having their brains drilled, quite literally from a psychological point of view.

Break a human mentally and they will cross boundaries that a sane person would deem unacceptable.
It’s a crazy process to be part of something like that.
But if you have a sound mind, this really makes you composed as possible.