The "Luther" Discussion Thread

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I have watched the Luther series over the years, sometimes from the corner of my eye from some of the more harrowing scenes. It's on Netflix now as a series and it looks like they will be making a film of it.

There is some fantastic scriptwriting and acting, along with some philosophical, ethical and even spiritual questions on the nature of good and evil, the universe and our place in it.

So - what is the message of Luther? What philosophies emerge from the dialogue? Do you agree with it or see things differently? Which characters to you identify with or distance yourself from?

For anyone who has watched it and is interested in discussing the meaning of the series, you are welcome to the "Luther" discussion thread...

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
British film noir...
Btw - analysis doesn't mean recommendation - I enjoyed it but it was raw, philosophies of evil were brought to light and the "voice" of what represented "good" was left to the viewer. It asked more questions than it answered but I enjoyed it anyway...

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Btw - analysis doesn't mean recommendation - I enjoyed it but it was raw, philosophies of evil were brought to light and the "voice" of what represented "good" was left to the viewer. It asked more questions than it answered but I enjoyed it anyway...
So its a bit akin to a British version of True Detective?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
This one?

Now I need to watch that one! Perhaps we can do a series swap ;-)
Yup. Seasons 1 & 2 were riveting to watch. Not just because of the acting & production value, but because of just how much "Eyes Wide Shut" material they work into their storylines. This one is just as well put together film-wise, and continues the truth-telling tradition started in the first 2 ND installments. Perhaps by the time its done, its going to reveal even more.......