The LIVE CHAT thread

Awoken2

Superstar
Here I am Tidal.....come and tell me why you actually got jailed for reporting drug dealers.

I have a very good friend in the.legal profession. You could be entitled to compensation.

Tidal

Star
Well I tipped off the Leicester (England) police about a black drug gang in a nearby house who were selling drugs to kids from the school across the road, but the gutless coppers did nothing.
Then the gang complained to the police that I was "harassing" them by watching them through my binoculars, so the coppers swept smoothly into action and arrested ME and i got 3 months in the slammer on a vigilante rap in 2002, you couldn't friggin make it up..:)

Leicester Prison where I was incarcerated, 23 cons have been hung there over the years-

These were there at various times-

So were these but I never met any of them-

Well I tipped off the Leicester (England) police about a black drug gang in a nearby house who were selling drugs to kids from the school across the road, but the gutless coppers did nothing.
Then the gang complained to the police that I was "harassing" them by watching them through my binoculars, so the coppers swept smoothly into action and arrested ME and i got 3 months in the slammer on a vigilante rap in 2002, you couldn't friggin make it up..:)

Leicester Prison where I was incarcerated, 23 cons have been hung there over the years-

you didn’t go to jail for using binoculars old man.

Awoken2

Superstar

Holy shit Tidal you have been utterly wronged there and I now totally understand why you feel somewhat bitter towards the establishment. How awful

Awoken2

Superstar
I've just looked up your case @Tidal at your local court registrar's database and my legal friend has just told me that you have a cast iron case of compensation.

The fact that the judge concluded that all the drug dealing you witnessed happened to occur directly in front of the window of the local women's aerobic class changing rooms inferred you were some type of pervert.

Did they have any evidence of this?

Listen mate, you could be in for like... hundreds of thousands here :D

Tidal

Star
And when my case came to court it was like a pantomime..:)
Firstly, Big Black Bernie the drug gang leader hadn't turned up (perhaps he'd decided to drop the charges, I dunno) but instead of dismissing the case, the magistrates sent a car to pick him up and persuade him to come so that he could testify against me, you couldn't make it up!
(I remarked to my solicitor- "I bet it was a Rolls-Royce")

Wait, it gets even more farcical!-
When Bernie took the stand he started defending himself, and his solicitor had to remind him that it wasn't he who was on trial!
It turned out he'd been in court on a number of criminal charges over the years, so he'd begun defending himself out of force of habit!

Daze

Superstar

The cops where probably on the take, getting money from the drug lords.

That picture of the prison is interesting, has a bus stop literally outside the walls.

justjess

Superstar
The cops where probably on the take, getting money from the drug lords.

That picture of the prison is interesting, has a bus stop literally outside the walls.
Most of them do. Unless they are in really rural locations.

Daze

Superstar
Most of them do. Unless they are in really rural locations.
Most cops see policing as nothing more then a check. Its why so many have complied with the scam-demic. If they don't subdue the people they might get put on un-paid leave.

While drug lords pay alot more then we do.

justjess

Superstar
Most cops see policing as nothing more then a check. Its why so many have complied with the scam-demic. If they don't subdue the people they might get put on un-paid leave.

While drug lords pay alot more then we do.
I have no love for cops generally but I’ve known a handful of really great old school law and order types. The entire police department in my town will not go along with the corona virus stuff and never has. I’ve never seen them wearing a mask a single day. The chief told me it was the election infection and he wasn’t having it. I haven’t spoken with him in months but I’ve seen him around and he’s still going maskless doing whatever he wants. I can’t see him actually enforcing anything if it comes here tbh.

I was talking about the bus stops tho ;)

Tidal

Star
Speaking of transport, me and other newly-sentenced cons were taken in chains out to one of them white prison vans to be taken from the courtroom to the prison a couple of miles away, but it broke down on the way, and the driver and his mate got out to fiddle with the engine.
A con in the van said "We can get out and push if you like"
"Er..no thanks" said the driver..:)
They got it going again and we arrived at the nick like in this scene in Shawshank (but i'm nothing like that wimp Andy or Chubby Fatass)

justjess

Superstar
Oh..

i just thought it ironic, locked up behind a wall but get over that wall and get a bus to go anywhere you like.
Many of the older prisons are placed in more populated areas... rikers island has a bus stop right outside the gate, so does Clinton where the guard walls with the snipers are literally placed on city streets. Hard to get over the wall. Those two guys in Clinton got out but they were able to hunt them down anyway.