The Like Button And The Ego....

rainerann

Star
It's a social feature. It helps add some personality to a message board where we can't see people's body language. It doesn't matter much if people are being responsible and it creates a quick way to respond to what someone has said in a positive way.

However, maybe the board would be a more positive place if we replaced the like button with our words more often as well. Instead of just hitting the like button, if we could more specifically comment on what we liked, then maybe some threads would become less toxic. When threads start to get toxic because of what is being posted, pressing the like button can become a little bit divisive rather than encouraging. Maybe it is good to balance the principle of this function with words our just as often as we will press the like button.

Lady

Star
It's a social feature. It helps add some personality to a message board where we can't see people's body language. It doesn't matter much if people are being responsible and it creates a quick way to respond to what someone has said in a positive way.

However, maybe the board would be a more positive place if we replaced the like button with our words more often as well. Instead of just hitting the like button, if we could more specifically comment on what we liked, then maybe some threads would become less toxic. When threads start to get toxic because of what is being posted, pressing the like button can become a little bit divisive rather than encouraging. Maybe it is good to balance the principle of this function with words our just as often as we will press the like button.
Well, said. I like this.

Aero

Superstar
I like the terms relevant and irrelevant better than like or dislike. They seem more about information than a popularity contest. Which I outright reject BTW.

And there is not a lot of rhyme or reason to why I like posts. If I don't like your posts, it means nothing.

Lol, like seriously, is this that big an issue?

I like to like things. What's there not to like? Except things in which i find some lack of goodness and/or negativity being reflected.

For what it's worth, Tanya asked me to stop liking her posts, which i did. So any more Tanyas out there? Feel free calling me out! :)

floss

Star
I think this likes feature was geared toward feminine. To prove my point, the top 3 likes abuser are mecca, tanya and godisformless. Guess what? They're female. Something fishy is going on here @ VC Forum. Is he MKULTRA-ing us males to become more feminine? Maybe this is part of the agenda to confuses gender line :oops:
Mens, please report if you've become softer by the day after accumulating likes. We need to defend this alpha male invasion :eek:

Lady

Star
Lol, like seriously, is this that big an issue?

I like to like things. What's there not to like? Except things in which i find some lack of goodness and/or negativity being reflected.

For what it's worth, Tanya asked me to stop liking her posts, which i did. So any more Tanyas out there? Feel free calling me out! :)
No, you are a sweetie (meant in a sisterly way :)) and your "likes" let me know you have been reading and appreciating at least a little something in what I post.
It is a positive action-which we sorely need around here.

Lady

Star
I think this likes feature was geared toward feminine. To prove my point, the top 3 likes abuser are mecca, tanya and godisformless. Guess what? They're female. Something fishy is going on here @ VC Forum. Is he MKULTRA-ing us males to become more feminine? Maybe this is part of the agenda to confuses gender line :oops:
Mens, please report if you've become softer by the day after accumulating likes. We need to defend this alpha male invasion :eek:
Now there will defiinitely NOT be any likes from the men! :confused:
Or, just from those who are comfortable and confident in their masculinity! (Now the likes from the men can resume.)