The Law is Still In Effect Today According to Christ

TokiEl

Superstar
Christians of course don't observe the laws statutes and ordinances of the Old Testament... but the words of the Word of God in the New Testament. Jesus spoke a lot about how to live our lives... so hear and obey Him. Read the red letter words in your bibles and ignore the noise from all other voices.

A Freeman

Superstar
Christians of course don't observe the laws statutes and ordinances of the Old Testament... but the words of the Word of God in the New Testament. Jesus spoke a lot about how to live our lives... so hear and obey Him. Read the red letter words in your bibles and ignore the noise from all other voices.
Are you claiming that the Word of God in the New Covenant is somehow different than the Word of God in the Old Covenant please? In other words, are you saying that Christ did away with The Law, which is found in the first five books of the Bible, aka "the books of Moses", the Pentateuch, or in Hebrew, the "Torah", in favor of some different set of Commandments?

Matthew 5:10-20
Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no way pass from The Law, till all be fulfilled.
5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least COMMANDments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in The Kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in The Kingdom of heaven.
5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall EXCEED [the righteousness] of the lawyers and politicians, ye shall in no case enter into The Kingdom of heaven.
I wondered if you included the laws in the following.
I will give you the full old O.P. so that you can get the context in which I was putting those laws and you need not comment on the issue.

On Jesus dying for you.
It takes quite an inflated ego to think a god would actually die for you, after condemning you unjustly in the first place.
You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.
It is a lie, first and foremost because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.
You also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that you would teach your children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are doing just that.
Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fibre as Yahweh.

A Freeman

If the Jewish law is still in effect, it looks like all who would use Jesus as a scapegoat are out of luck and thinking in a really immoral way. Your thoughts please.

Regards
DL

TokiEl

Superstar
Are you claiming that the Word of God in the New Covenant is somehow different than the Word of God in the Old Covenant please?
It's a new way... where the Holy spirit guides the walkers.

No more temple of brick and timber but the body of Spirit filled believers in Jesus make up the temple of God.

Now many may claim to be moved by the Spirit and be part of this body of God... but if they don't live by the words of Jesus Christ they are either deceivers or delusionals.

Yo @Daciple

So-called Christians telling people that they no longer have to keep the Commandments... it ain't Christ-like.

In fact, doing that, is being completely UN-like Christ. It couldn't be more UN-Christian..

For instance, you telling people that they don't have to keep the Commandments because this, and because that... (when Jesus said EVERYONE MUST keep the Commandments) is not only directly contradicting Christ, but you are in effect saying, and appearing to be wanting to give people a license, for instance, of no longer having to honour their parents.

That, bro... it ain't like Christ. It ain't Christ-like... it's not Christ-ian AT ALL and in fact, it's ENTIRELY UN-Christ-ian.. You really should know this, and because of it repent.

Here, Kanye explain it (giving examples, e.g. screaming disrespectfully at you dad, for instance, is breaking the Commandments. "It ain't Christ-like..")

Matthew 15:4 For God Commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

Last edited:

Daciple

Star
@bible_student This is also in response to you as you and your fellow Cult Leader both rely on the same verse, although both are ignorant of what is being said.

Everyone is certainly entitled to believe whatever they wish. But make no mistake, we WILL all be judge by The Law on Judgment Day, according to our works, as we've been warned for thousands of years.
First off, I have already been Judged, I was found lacking and then I plead for Grace and Mercy and claimed the Blood of Christ. I have been Forgiven, my Salvation is secured 100% in Christ. While YOU may be Judge according to YOUR Works for Salvation on Judgement Day, I will not. There are 2 Judgements, if you understood Scripture you would know this. The Judgement I will face concerning my Works only have to do with whether or not I will have Reward in Heaven. I will stand at this Judgement.

1 Cor 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

When I stand before Christ, because I have claimed the Blood for Salvation and NOT anything to do with my Works, then my Works (which honestly have little or nothing to do with following the Law of Moses) will be tested to see if they were built upon the Foundation of Christ. All of the Works that I did that were not built on Christ will be burned up, and those that remain become a Reward. Regardless of having none or all of my Works burnt up, I SHALL BE SAVED.

You however, since literally no where are have you claimed ANYTHING to do with the Blood of Christ for Salvation, because you dont know or believe in the Gospel, will be standing at THIS Judgement:

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works

You will be there unless you Repent and claim the Blood of Jesus for Salvation. If you are at the Great White Throne, and you are judged according to your works, then you will FALL SHORT and will be thrown into the Lake of Fire. Your works will 100%, always be lacking and undeserving of Salvation. Only the Works of Christ are worthy enough for Salvation. My Faith is in His Works and not mine. I am Judged by Christs Works for Salvation, you literally are choosing to stand by YOUR OWN WORKS for Salvation and I promise you with zero uncertainty that if you do so, you will be thrown into the Lake of Fire... That is the Gospel which you have yet to understand, believe or put your Faith in. Repent from your Cult and come accept the Gospel, be Born Again and find Salvation!!!

Matthew 5:17-20
Well first off you have a corrupted version of the Word of God. You follow the thoughts and words of some stupid idiot who literally knows exactly nothing about Hebrew or Greek or Aramaic. As I asked your fellow Cult member Bible Student, please provide me with the accreditation of this False Prophet Anti Christ JAH, that would lend any credence as to why not only me but YOU or anyone else should accept his made up version of the Bible. He cant read either Greek or Hebrew but you want us to believe he can translate the Bible more correctly than dozens of scholars who spent their entire lives reading and studying the original languages and literally had access to more ancient copies of these original documents than JAH does? Please, the simple fact that you believe this idiot shows how incredibly gullible and incapable of discerning anything, let alone interpreting the Word of God correctly...

What Jesus actually said was:

Matt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill

Do you even comprehend the meaning of fulfillment? Lets take a lesson when it comes to Prophecies, even your False Prophet included that Jesus came to fulfill Prophecies. When a Prophecy was fulfilled it was then no longer BINDING, it was completed as stated. For example, Jesus was prophesied to be born of a virgin. He came and was born of Mary, who was virgin, therefore since the Prophecy has been completed it is NO LONGER STANDING AND BINDING. It is gone, completed and fulfilled.

The exact same thing is to be said with the Law of Moses, Jesus came and He FULFILLED IT, all of it, the entire thing, every jot and tittle of the Law of Moses was 100% fully lived up to and completed in Jesus Christ. Therefore JUST AS A PROPHECY once it has been completed it then PASSES AWAY. The Law of Moses is gone in Christ, nailed to the Cross of Christ.

Exactly what you're doing with your anti-Christ message telling people we don't have to live by The Law/Commandments of God.
I am preaching what the Apostles preached after the Life, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. And what you can not comprehend is that the LAW CHANGED. Paul literally speaks about this. The Law of Moses has been fulfilled and ended and then replaced by Christ and His Law, which of course you quote from the Book that tells you all about it but then refuse to actually quote WHAT LAW John is talking about.

Heb 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law

What does Paul say here? That if perfection AKA SALVATION were by the Levitical priesthood aka the LAW OF MOSES, then why would there be Priest who should come after Melchisedec and NOT after Aaron? But since we KNOW that Christ is NOT of the Levities, and that His Priesthood was after Melchisedec, and seeing that Christ caused there to be a CHANGE in Priesthood, then it was NECESSARY that there also be a change of the Law.

Do you get this Lostman? It is literally impossible for the Law of Moses to still be binding because Jesus is the High Priest NOT of the Law of Moses which is to say after Aaron, but He is the High Priest of HIS LAW, which is the actual ETERNAL LAW, which is because He is the High Priest after Melchisedec, which represent ETERNAL HIGH PRIESTHOOD.

Jesus came, fulfilled the Law of Moses, change the Priesthood and established HIS LAW, which is what John is talking about. You and the rest of your Cult Members dont grasp any of this.

You apparently have no love for Christ, nor for others, nor even for your own eternal life, or you wouldn't be such a willing glove puppet for Satan.
Says the man that is following a psychotic human being named JAH that lies and says he is Christ. If anyone is a glove puppet for Satan it is the man who follows a literal outright AntiChrist. Honestly, no one ever takes you or any of the other Cult Members here serious because you guys are so deluded that you cant even discern that this man John Anthony Hill is a liar and a fraud, yet you willfully ignorantly accept him as Christ. You want to talk to us about who is and isnt saved or who belongs to Satan but you can not even recognize a False Christ when he is right in front of you will I am sure if not dozens then hundreds of people presenting you evidence of that fact. Please bro, dont even lol

Of course you quote 1 John 2 and 1 John 3 but for some reason you refuse to quote the verse that literally tells you what John is talking about when he says follow the Commandments of Christ. You have PURPOSEFULLY conflated the Commandments of Christ with the Law of Moses, because you are a deceiver. Here is exactly what it means to follow the Law of Christ, the Commandments of Christ:

1 John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us

There you go Lostman, there are the Commandments of Jesus Christ to us. It is TO BELIEVE IN HIS NAME AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER, that is it. There are not 613 Laws that we are told to keep, not even 10, just 2 believe and love. So now go back and insert THAT into every single verse you have quoted MISREPRESENTING it as having something to do with the Law of Moses and then you will actually understand what Christ and John and Paul are all really saying.

Yet again another post and what isnt included in it from you? THE GOSPEL. No where in your post was believing in Christ once mentioned? Why?

No where in your Post is the Life, Death and Resurrection mentioned for Salvation, Why?

Not one word from you is spoken about Jesus Christs Atonement, Why?

I can tell you why, because you have no concern to direct people to the way they need to go to actually be Saved and Forgiven by God.

You are like the Pharisees that want to hammer the Law down on others, while you dont even keep it yourself.

If you or anyone else wants to be Saved, it doesnt come thru following the Law of Moses. It only comes by one manner, believing in your heart that Jesus Christ was God in the Flesh, who was Born of a Virgin, who lived a Perfect Sinless Life and that He laid down His Life by taking up the Cross to become the substitute for you, bearing in His own Flesh your Sins and taking upon Himself the Wrath of God you deserved. He then after giving up His Life on Calvary, shedding His Blood for your Atonement, was buried for 3 days, laid in a Tomb. On the 3rd and appointed day, the greatest day in all of human existence, in all existence period, He Resurrected proving that He is what He said He was, that the Sacrifice was accepted and that Death, Sin and Hell had been defeated.

If one Repents, Believes in that above and confess to God then that man shall be Saved, forever and eternally. The Law of Moses has nothing to do with Salvation.

Now guess what wont be present in your next response Lostman? The Gospel....

TokiEl

Superstar
The Law of loving God and your neighbour is still in effect.

And that means no killing lying stealing cheating etc etc... it also means to help your neighbour in need.

Daciple

Star
The only reason you keep saying that is because you don't have anything else... and you know it.
I wrote out an entire response to you and your other Cult members ideology, did you miss it? But sure bud, I don't have anything else...

A Freeman

Superstar
@bible_student This is also in response to you as you and your fellow Cult Leader both rely on the same verse, although both are ignorant of what is being said.

First off, I have already been Judged, I was found lacking and then I plead for Grace and Mercy and claimed the Blood of Christ. I have been Forgiven, my Salvation is secured 100% in Christ. While YOU may be Judge according to YOUR Works for Salvation on Judgement Day, I will not. There are 2 Judgements, if you understood Scripture you would know this. The Judgement I will face concerning my Works only have to do with whether or not I will have Reward in Heaven. I will stand at this Judgement.

1 Cor 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

When I stand before Christ, because I have claimed the Blood for Salvation and NOT anything to do with my Works, then my Works (which honestly have little or nothing to do with following the Law of Moses) will be tested to see if they were built upon the Foundation of Christ. All of the Works that I did that were not built on Christ will be burned up, and those that remain become a Reward. Regardless of having none or all of my Works burnt up, I SHALL BE SAVED.

You however, since literally no where are have you claimed ANYTHING to do with the Blood of Christ for Salvation, because you dont know or believe in the Gospel, will be standing at THIS Judgement:

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works

You will be there unless you Repent and claim the Blood of Jesus for Salvation. If you are at the Great White Throne, and you are judged according to your works, then you will FALL SHORT and will be thrown into the Lake of Fire. Your works will 100%, always be lacking and undeserving of Salvation. Only the Works of Christ are worthy enough for Salvation. My Faith is in His Works and not mine. I am Judged by Christs Works for Salvation, you literally are choosing to stand by YOUR OWN WORKS for Salvation and I promise you with zero uncertainty that if you do so, you will be thrown into the Lake of Fire... That is the Gospel which you have yet to understand, believe or put your Faith in. Repent from your Cult and come accept the Gospel, be Born Again and find Salvation!!!

Well first off you have a corrupted version of the Word of God. You follow the thoughts and words of some stupid idiot who literally knows exactly nothing about Hebrew or Greek or Aramaic. As I asked your fellow Cult member Bible Student, please provide me with the accreditation of this False Prophet Anti Christ JAH, that would lend any credence as to why not only me but YOU or anyone else should accept his made up version of the Bible. He cant read either Greek or Hebrew but you want us to believe he can translate the Bible more correctly than dozens of scholars who spent their entire lives reading and studying the original languages and literally had access to more ancient copies of these original documents than JAH does? Please, the simple fact that you believe this idiot shows how incredibly gullible and incapable of discerning anything, let alone interpreting the Word of God correctly...

What Jesus actually said was:

Matt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill

Do you even comprehend the meaning of fulfillment? Lets take a lesson when it comes to Prophecies, even your False Prophet included that Jesus came to fulfill Prophecies. When a Prophecy was fulfilled it was then no longer BINDING, it was completed as stated. For example, Jesus was prophesied to be born of a virgin. He came and was born of Mary, who was virgin, therefore since the Prophecy has been completed it is NO LONGER STANDING AND BINDING. It is gone, completed and fulfilled.

The exact same thing is to be said with the Law of Moses, Jesus came and He FULFILLED IT, all of it, the entire thing, every jot and tittle of the Law of Moses was 100% fully lived up to and completed in Jesus Christ. Therefore JUST AS A PROPHECY once it has been completed it then PASSES AWAY. The Law of Moses is gone in Christ, nailed to the Cross of Christ.

I am preaching what the Apostles preached after the Life, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. And what you can not comprehend is that the LAW CHANGED. Paul literally speaks about this. The Law of Moses has been fulfilled and ended and then replaced by Christ and His Law, which of course you quote from the Book that tells you all about it but then refuse to actually quote WHAT LAW John is talking about.

Heb 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law

What does Paul say here? That if perfection AKA SALVATION were by the Levitical priesthood aka the LAW OF MOSES, then why would there be Priest who should come after Melchisedec and NOT after Aaron? But since we KNOW that Christ is NOT of the Levities, and that His Priesthood was after Melchisedec, and seeing that Christ caused there to be a CHANGE in Priesthood, then it was NECESSARY that there also be a change of the Law.

Do you get this Lostman? It is literally impossible for the Law of Moses to still be binding because Jesus is the High Priest NOT of the Law of Moses which is to say after Aaron, but He is the High Priest of HIS LAW, which is the actual ETERNAL LAW, which is because He is the High Priest after Melchisedec, which represent ETERNAL HIGH PRIESTHOOD.

Jesus came, fulfilled the Law of Moses, change the Priesthood and established HIS LAW, which is what John is talking about. You and the rest of your Cult Members dont grasp any of this.

Says the man that is following a psychotic human being named JAH that lies and says he is Christ. If anyone is a glove puppet for Satan it is the man who follows a literal outright AntiChrist. Honestly, no one ever takes you or any of the other Cult Members here serious because you guys are so deluded that you cant even discern that this man John Anthony Hill is a liar and a fraud, yet you willfully ignorantly accept him as Christ. You want to talk to us about who is and isnt saved or who belongs to Satan but you can not even recognize a False Christ when he is right in front of you will I am sure if not dozens then hundreds of people presenting you evidence of that fact. Please bro, dont even lol

Of course you quote 1 John 2 and 1 John 3 but for some reason you refuse to quote the verse that literally tells you what John is talking about when he says follow the Commandments of Christ. You have PURPOSEFULLY conflated the Commandments of Christ with the Law of Moses, because you are a deceiver. Here is exactly what it means to follow the Law of Christ, the Commandments of Christ:

1 John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us

There you go Lostman, there are the Commandments of Jesus Christ to us. It is TO BELIEVE IN HIS NAME AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER, that is it. There are not 613 Laws that we are told to keep, not even 10, just 2 believe and love. So now go back and insert THAT into every single verse you have quoted MISREPRESENTING it as having something to do with the Law of Moses and then you will actually understand what Christ and John and Paul are all really saying.

Yet again another post and what isnt included in it from you? THE GOSPEL. No where in your post was believing in Christ once mentioned? Why?

No where in your Post is the Life, Death and Resurrection mentioned for Salvation, Why?

Not one word from you is spoken about Jesus Christs Atonement, Why?

I can tell you why, because you have no concern to direct people to the way they need to go to actually be Saved and Forgiven by God.

You are like the Pharisees that want to hammer the Law down on others, while you dont even keep it yourself.

If you or anyone else wants to be Saved, it doesnt come thru following the Law of Moses. It only comes by one manner, believing in your heart that Jesus Christ was God in the Flesh, who was Born of a Virgin, who lived a Perfect Sinless Life and that He laid down His Life by taking up the Cross to become the substitute for you, bearing in His own Flesh your Sins and taking upon Himself the Wrath of God you deserved. He then after giving up His Life on Calvary, shedding His Blood for your Atonement, was buried for 3 days, laid in a Tomb. On the 3rd and appointed day, the greatest day in all of human existence, in all existence period, He Resurrected proving that He is what He said He was, that the Sacrifice was accepted and that Death, Sin and Hell had been defeated.

If one Repents, Believes in that above and confess to God then that man shall be Saved, forever and eternally. The Law of Moses has nothing to do with Salvation.

Now guess what wont be present in your next response Lostman? The Gospel....
Congratulations. Everything you just said was wrong.

Christ came to destroy sin (1 John 3:8). Sin is breaking The Law (1 John 3:4).

The Law of God = The Law God gave to Moses = the first five books of the Bible = The Pentateuch = God's Commandments = Christ's Commandments (John 7:16) = The Torah = THE LAW.

Christ did NOT come to destroy The Law, which will NEVER be destroyed (Matt. 5:17-20). Destroying The Law would MULTIPLY sin.

Christ paid the penalty for our PAST sins (Rom. 3:25); NOT to give us the freedom to sin with impunity, which would only make the world MORE evil, as you are trying to do with your satanic message.

The Gospel/Good News Message is that ANYONE who repents of their sins (i.e. STOPS sinning by striving to keep The Law every day all day long forever) and ACCEPTS Christ will Live.

There is ONE Judgment Day (Mal. 4, Matt. 24:36, 1 John 4:17, Rev. 14:7). ALL of us will face Judgment, at which time Christ will separate His Sheep (those who recognize Him and obey The Law/Commandments - John 10, John 14) from the goats (those who continue in sin, making a mockery of His Sacrifice - Matt. 25:33-41). Of that there is NO DOUBT.

Learn The Way home or face The Fire.

Last edited:
It is TO BELIEVE IN HIS NAME AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER, that is it.
The apostle Paul, to Daciple -

Galatians
5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
5:20 Idolatry, pharmacy, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall NOT inherit The Kingdom of God.

Daciple's response, to the apostle Paul (?) -

"You're in a cult, I've written a reply to you and you cult leader, did you miss it? Sure bud..." ?

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
I wrote out an entire response to you and your other Cult members ideology, did you miss it? But sure bud, I don't have anything else...
Your responses are always too long....just like phipps cut and pastes.

A Freeman

Superstar
A Freeman

If the Jewish law is still in effect, it looks like all who would use Jesus as a scapegoat are out of luck and thinking in a really immoral way. Your thoughts please.

Regards
DL
Thanks for your reply DL.

If we are talking about the first five books of the Bible, it isn't “Jewish” law as the Counterfeit Jews have conned people into believing; it is THE LAW, given to us by our Creator, via Moses at Sinai. And in truth, it's the ONLY Law there really is for this planet.

As you've cited from The Law (Deut. 24:16), no one will be put to death for the sins of another, either physically, or spiritually on the Last Day (Mal. 4:1). However, on the Day of Atonement, the High Priest offered an animal sacrifice not only for his own sins and the sins of his household, but also for the sins of ALL of Israel (Lev. 16).

The Levitical priesthood was reduced from many to ONE High Priest at the cross, when Christ (THE High Priest, Son of God, and the ONLY Mediator between God and men – 1 Tim. 2:5) offered up the human-animal body He was incarnating (Jesus, the Son of Man) as a sacrifice for the sins of the entire world, exactly as explained in detail in Hebrews 9.

That ONE TIME SACRIFICE atoned for all of our PAST sins; it did NOT however give us the freedom to sin (break The Law) with impunity from that point forward.

Romans 3:23-25
3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
3:24 Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
3:25 Whom God hath fore-ordained [to be] an atonement through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission OF SINS THAT ARE PAST, through the forbearance of God;

Sin, as defined in Scripture, is breaking The Law that God gave us (1 John 3:4). It should therefore be self-evident that the ONLY Way for someone to honestly accept the New Covenant, is to start keeping The Law/Commandments from that moment forward and NEVER go backwards again. Doing anything less makes a mockery of Christ's Sacrifice, because the unrepentant sinner has sold themselves back into bondage to sin and DEATH. As you cited, the wages of sin ARE death (Ezek. 18:4, 20, Rom. 6:23).

An analogy was shared earlier in this thread about someone who was drowning in debt because of their own irresponsibility, only to have their best friend give his life to clear that debt. How ungrateful would someone have to be to irresponsibly run their debt up AGAIN after having it cleared by their friend?

Anyone who does that is out of excuses, and rapidly running out of time, with Judgment Day fast approaching for all of us.

A Freeman

Superstar
Psalm 1

1:1 Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the unGodly, nor standeth like the sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
1:2 But his delight [is] in The Law of the "I AM"; and in His Law doth he meditate day and night.
1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
1:4 The unGodly [are] not so: but [are] like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
1:5 Therefore the unGodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
1:6 For the "I AM" knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the unGodly shall perish.

Psalm 19:7-9
19:7 The Law of the "I AM" [is] Perfect, converting the soul: The Covenant of the "I AM" [is] sure, making wise the simple.
19:8 The Statutes of the "I AM" [are] right, rejoicing the heart: the Commandment of the "I AM" [is] pure, enlightening the eyes.
19:9 The fear of the "I AM" [is] clean, enduring for ever: the Judgments of the "I AM" [are] True [and] Righteous altogether.

Psalm 40:8 I delight to do Thy will, O my God: yea, Thy Law [is] within my heart.

Psalm 119:1-3
119:1 ALEPH. Blessed [are] the undefiled in The Way, who walk in The Law of the "I AM".
119:2 Blessed [are] they that keep His testimonies, [and that] seek Him with the WHOLE heart.
119:3 They also do no inequity: they walk in His Ways.

Psalm 119:18 Open Thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Thy Law.

Psalm 119:29-35
119:29 Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me Thy Law graciously.
119:30 I have chosen The Way of Truth: Thy Judgments have I laid [before me].
119:31 I have stuck unto Thy Testimonies: O "I AM", put me not to shame.
119:32 I will run The Way of Thy Commandments, when Thou shalt enlarge my heart.
119:33 HE. Teach me, O "I AM", The Way of Thy Statutes; and I shall keep it [unto] the end.
119:34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep Thy Law; yea, I shall observe it with [my] whole heart.
119:35 Make me to go in The Way of Thy Commandments; for therein do I delight.

TokiEl

Superstar
That ONE TIME SACRIFICE atoned for all of our PAST sins; it did NOT however give us the freedom to sin (break The Law) with impunity from that point forward.
No but what is the spirit of the Law ?

It's love compassion charity mercy justice righteousness etc etc...

So sayeth the shepherde !

A Freeman

Superstar
No but what is the spirit of the Law ?

It's love compassion charity mercy justice righteousness etc etc...

So sayeth the shepherde !
Love, compassion, charity, mercy, justice, righteousness, etc etc...are all part of The Written Law as well, which was given to us to protect us from all of this evil and to set and keep us FREE.

We've been mercifully given a grace period of 6000 years to come to our senses and realize that we do NOT know better than God and thus should be obeying His Perfect Law given to us for our own individual and mutual benefit.

It's astonishing, in a way, that such a simple message: obey and live, continue to disobey and die, has escaped so many. Further proof that this is a lunatic asylum for the criminally insane.

Deuteronomy 30:15-20
30:15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
30:16 In that I command thee this day to love the "I AM" thy God, to walk in His Ways, and to keep His Commandments and His Statutes and His Judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the "I AM" thy God shall bless thee in the land where thou goest to possess it.
30:17 But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;
30:18 I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, [and that] ye shall not prolong [your] days upon the land, where thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.
30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore CHOOSE LIFE, that both thou and thy seed may live:
30:20 That thou mayest love the "I AM" thy God, [and] that thou mayest obey His voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto Him: for He [is] thy Life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the "I AM" sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob/Israel, to give them.

TokiEl

Superstar
Love, compassion, charity, mercy, justice, righteousness, etc etc...are all part of The Written Law as well, which was given to us to protect us from all of this evil and to set and keep us FREE.
This is what God wants... love compassion charity mercy justice righteousness etc etc...

Those who are filled with the Spirit of God don't need any written laws to tell them how to behave.

Keeping the Commandments (incl. the Sabbath) makes Murphy's law go away completely:

Deuteronomy
28:1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the "I AM" thy God, to observe [and] to do all His Commandments which I command thee this day, that the "I AM" thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
28:2 And ALL THESE BLESSINGS shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the "I AM" thy God.
28:3 Blessed [shalt] thou [be] in the city, and blessed [shalt] thou [be] in the field.

If "Murphy" is bothering you, here is the reason:

Deuteronomy
28:15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the "I AM" thy God, to observe to do all His Commandments and His Statutes which I command thee this day; that ALL THESE CURSES [of the Law] shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:

This is true, of course, 100%

If you reject God's Law, then you get Murphy's law and "Murphy" will be following you around, everywhere, all the time, and you won't be able to escape the ruinous effects.

On the other hand, if you accept and keep God's Commandments (incl. keeping the Sabbath, etc) then Murphy's law goes away.

It is that simple.

Christ, again confirms it:

Matthew
5:16 Let your Light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy The Law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fully preach [The Law (The Torah) and fulfill the prophecies about the first coming of the Messiah].
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no way pass from The Law, till all be fulfilled.
5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least COMMANDments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in The Kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in The Kingdom of heaven.
5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall EXCEED [the righteousness] of the lawyers and politicians, ye shall in no case enter into The Kingdom of heaven.

Not keeping the Commandments, is dumb.

Keeping the Commandments brings the opposite of "Murphy's law", just like it says in Romans

8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [His] purpose.

Last edited: