The Kingdom of Elgaland-Vargaland (KREV): Art or Occult?

NcherieAmour

Rookie
While visiting a contemporary art museum in Thessaloniki, Greece, I found a very interesting exhibit. I was immediately drawn to a symbol, which looked like the electrical pattern the heart makes while contracting (like on an EKG machine). Next was the coat of arms (picture below). If you've never heard of it (I certainly had not), the kingdom of Elgaland Vargaland is actually "the largest and most populous realm on earth." The annals of this kingdom were there, as part of the exhibit, as the idea for this Kingdom was created by artist, as a project if you will. However, as I was reading this history I noticed several things that were "off". One (that I can't post a picture of) was the 'proposed fertilization project' for the Queen. Otherwise, the concept was intriguing at first; a virtual kingdom where there would be no wars...but also one religion, one currency...Further into the read, I discovered the easiest way to enter the kingdom forever was through suicide (also pictured below). Interestingly enough, the kingdom is VERY real and will even issue a passport if you send a passport photo to their website. I considered doing this in order to gain access to more information and their history book which can be purchased here: http://www.artandtheory.org/?isbn=9789188031280#. This book is also the source of the photos below.

NcherieAmour

Rookie
While visiting a contemporary art museum in Thessaloniki, Greece, I found a very interesting exhibit. I was immediately drawn to a symbol, which looked like the electrical pattern the heart makes while contracting (like on an EKG machine). Next was the coat of arms (picture below). If you've never heard of it (I certainly had not), the kingdom of Elgaland Vargaland is actually "the largest and most populous realm on earth." The annals of this kingdom were there, as part of the exhibit, as the idea for this Kingdom was created by artist, as a project if you will. However, as I was reading this history I noticed several things that were "off". One (that I can't post a picture of) was the 'proposed fertilization project' for the Queen. Otherwise, the concept was intriguing at first; a virtual kingdom where there would be no wars...but also one religion, one currency...Further into the read, I discovered the easiest way to enter the kingdom forever was through suicide (also pictured below). Interestingly enough, the kingdom is VERY real and will even issue a passport if you send a passport photo to their website. I considered doing this in order to gain access to more information and their history book which can be purchased here: http://www.artandtheory.org/?isbn=9789188031280#. This book is also the source of the photos below.