The Jewish "question"

Wouldn't that be Islam in general and not just for me seeing as the Quran claims numerous times that your Lord is One and that only He is worthy of worship alone?

I completely understand what you're saying and I agree with you. However, what I find funny is that when you examine both the religion of the Israelites and Islam they are far more alike than they are different. Christianity on the other hand is where I can't make sense of anything because of how alien it seems to be on the issue of monotheism and their acceptance of human blood sacrifice.
But I believe in one Creator too but you wouldn't call me Muslim because I don't believe He made Mohammed His final prophet.

When I was looking for what to believe in what attracted to me to Islam at face value was the strict monotheism. And there are definitely similarities between what I believe and Islam but there also differences. And those differences keep me away

Kung Fu

Superstar
But I believe in one Creator too but you wouldn't call me Muslim because I don't believe He made Mohammed His final prophet.

When I was looking for what to believe in what attracted to me to Islam at face value was the strict monotheism. And there are definitely similarities between what I believe and Islam but there also differences. And those differences keep me away
Well when you look at what he did not only does he absolutely perfectly match up with what was said in Isaiah 42 but the things he accomplished could not have been done without the help of the Most High. But that's neither here or there at the moment.

There's no denying that there are differences but I chalk that up to the lying pen of the scribes as Jeremiah says.

Well when you look at what he did not only does he absolutely perfectly match up with what was said in Isaiah 42 but the things he accomplished could not have been done without the help of the Most High. But that's neither here or there at the moment.

There's no denying that there are differences but I chalk that up to the lying pen of the scribes as Jeremiah says.
Ehh I take accomplishments into some account, but cant put too much stock into them. When Moses and Aaron went against the magicians of Egypt, the magicians were keeping up until a certain point.

With that said, your last sentence was my point in the beginning...

TokiEl

Superstar
Coming from a polytheist who had the Roman man-god lovers compile random Christian works of anonymous authors together and then claim it's from God while claiming all the other works heretical. Buddy, you don't have a leg to stand on.
You are composed of body soul and spirit.
So are you mono or poly ?

The authors of the NT books are known and the first church fathers were disciples of the apostles.

Well when you look at what he did not only does he absolutely perfectly match up with what was said in Isaiah 42 but the things he accomplished could not have been done without the help of the Most High.
Isaiah 42 is about Jesus.

If the prophet had help from the god of this world he could accomplish what he did with the sword.

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
Yea we can agree to disagree. I see the OT as a guideline to guard against false doctrines while you only see it as a support system for your NT.

Your arguments against Islam can be used against the NT too. Where you see differences between the NT and Quran some see the Quran fulfilling the NT. But to you thats not an acceptable argument just as to me, your arguments concerning the NT and OTarent acceptable. All this being in my view of course. Anyways till next time...

I see Jesus fulfilling the promises of the OT about the coming Messiah who was to shed His blood for remission of sins.

If I may ask, do you think you would be as attuned to the Old Testament if you did not identify as an Israelite?

Yes. For the most part, I've always held the OT in higher esteem than the NT (not including Jesus words) even before I started considering myself an Israelite. In between I had phases of gnosticism and testing the waters of certain religions (while being raised christian) but it always made more sense to me to put God's words (i.e. thus says the Lord) over mans (Paul, James, Peter, unknown authors of those gospels, myself)...

I recently read the evidently wayward son of Plymouth Brethren (Quakers), Thomas Paine, who was raised to consider the books part of holy scripture, and could understand -if not entirely accept, let that be clear- his scathing review, or assessment, of the Old Testament when read through a rationalist lens. Mind you, his objections to the books did not stem from any atheistical impulse on his part. Quite the contrary, in fact: he was a Deist, that is to say a self-identified believer in one God, arguably a God of his own and fellow Deists' devising, who summarily rejected the books because, among other reasons, he considered them to be an insult to God's dignity and grandeur, written by small minds for base ends. Here, then, is an example of what Paine, highly influential during both the American and French Revolutions and writing from within the tradition of (yes, Freemasonic) Voltaire and the so called "Enlightenment," found when he both read and reviewed the Bible by the "light" of his human reason rather than customary faith:
"When we contemplate the immensity of that Being who directs and governs the incomprehensible WHOLE, of which the utmost ken of human sight can discover but a part, we ought to feel shame at calling such paltry stories the word of God ...

Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting

vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness, that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it, as I detest everything that is cruel."

Honestly I dont think its up to man to judge the Most High. I mean if Mr. Paine believed in an eternal Creator, and could somehow go thru every move made by Him throughout eternity, could he say that he would agree and/or understand EVERY move that the Creator made? I doubt that. Especially if he went thru the list trying to judge the Creator by what he FEELS the Creator should or shouldnt do/create/command/allow.. For me, I try to look at myself as clay with the understanding that clay cannot question the potter on what he is making or has made. So to me, anything the Most High says goes. But thats now. There was a time, like others (Paine for instance), I tried to frame the Creator into what I FELT He would or wouldnt do/create/command/allow. I didnt just accept Him as He was, is and always will be...

Some might say "the bible writers did this framing first" to which I'd ask if thats true, why would they tell of their wins AND losses? Why would they speak bad about their own behavior in regards to their Creator? Why would, in their book, they say they received the same "bad treatment" they doled out to other nations under the command of God, when they behaved similarly to those nations? Why wouldnt they just write of themselves of being highly favored all the time? Why would the genesis of their faith (in regards to humans) Abraham, be made famous like the book originally said thousands of years ago? On another note, Why has the bible been edited/(mis)translated so much? Why did the elite go and create a nation-state based on the bible(OT), when in everyday life they venerate the gods of pagans (names of weekdays, months, corporations such as nike etc...)? These are things that led me to (personally) see that the OT had value before I ever considered who the real "Israel"ites are/were. So while I see why people have a problem with killing, I also see value in the writings to see the context of the killing and ultimately beyond it to see the bigger picture. All this being my view on things of course...