The hypocrisy behind fitness and health.

Line

Established
Being sporty and being vain are so different LOL but yes it definitely depends on the person. They just have to be practical and safe during the pregnancy.
Yes exactly. But doing sports to help your body and the baby during pregnancy is not always being vain.

Fujiko

Star
Ok I'm honestly getting sick and tired of seeing these stupid articles everywhere:
View attachment 81046
This is all we ever see, now. It's obvious they are pushing a narrative.. and about 90 percent of the time at LEAST, it's directed towards women. They really want us to be this vapid and shallow, don't they? And saying it's not vanity when you are taking these pictures of yourself? How contradictory can one get? Now when women get pregnant, they still have to look "fit". We can't have any fat on us whatsoever, we can't even appear pregnant! Every bit of motherhood, they are taking away from us. And I could not believe some of the comments on this post! So many were saying that what she's doing is great and no one should judge her because we are jealous if we do so! And the comments? From WOMEN! I think women should know much better but no, they are just feeding the stupid vanity agenda like a bunch of morons! It's crap like this that makes me think everyday, why didn't God make me a man? Because I'm so DONE!!
I don't want to be offensive,but she looks more a male than a woman...the brainwashing is really strong

Fujiko

Star
All of this is very true. It can be so hard on the pregnancy, so many complications can happen. Women don't really care so much about being proper mothers, anymore. They just want to show off and be cool. I can see the whole thing with having hard abs that they would most likely need C sections..it's just not worth it.
I think it's better for women to think more of a healthier and practical way of wanting to be healthy during a pregnancy. If they want to go for a walk or stretch a little bit if they can or something like that. They always go to the extreme and try their best to look like they aren't pregnant, and it's so bothersome.
I agree for sure that these women are giving them compliments and being totally brainwashed..they just don't understand how harmful this is to the baby and to our minds. This mindset is destroying so much in our world.
They are destroying the real concept of female,and a lot of females seems appreciating it...so sick

I don't want to be offensive,but she looks more a male than a woman...the brainwashing is really strong
In a sense, she kinda does. She does seem to have some masculine traits. It's hard to say if she's actually a male, but maybe she has taken steroids in her life so it can make her seem so. I'm saddened by the brainwashing.

They are destroying the real concept of female,and a lot of females seems appreciating it...so sick
I agree. They don't want women to be actual women, anymore. They take away what's best about us. Wish other women stopped feeding the nonsense!

A couple of other things I found... One is pretty much repetitive to what I usually see and the other one shows a double standard with women having to be thin and men getting away with being overweight:
Screenshot_20220902-054934~2.pngScreenshot_20220905-190002~2.png
Why? Why does this always exist? It seems I'm just repeating myself, here. The first one blatantly shows that the woman is much thinner than the man that's displayed. If men had as much pressure a women do to be aesthetically pleasing, they would of displayed a man who's muscular and toned, but of course, the woman has the standards put on her, and this happens most of the time. It reminds of the men's and women's health magazines. Sure, the man still has to be muscular and attractive on the cover, but most of the time they are wearing a t shirt that covers them. The women in the covers? Practically appear like prostitutes! If it's so much about health, why do they show so much skin?
And this second picture? Does it even seem possible with ten minutes a day? They are again trying to sell these stupid ideas about how we should look and they don't make sense. There are so many reasons to believe the fitness industry gives no flying crap about our health.

I came across this article recently and i think it really drove home the OPs point for me.

There is A LOT to unpack, but the relevants parts to the thread i noticed were that the author keeps setting up this either/or between "starving yourself" to be a size 4 and being morbidly obese. This article showed me that there IS in fact an agenda to erase a healthy middle ground.

While the "body-positivity, love yourself at every size" crowd is presented as insufferably woke (perhaps accurately), it sets up this brainwashing that therefore the opposite MUST BE the truth. But that's wrong too, there is NOTHING healthy about starving yourself to fit into a stupid designer dress, and it shouldn't be a "rite of passage".

Some select quotes

At one time, women would happily go on the cabbage soup diet for a week just to fit into their size 4 designer dress. It was a rite of passage—a “war” story you shared with your girlfriends, and everyone understood the sacrifice.

Today, that same dress is available in a size 24.

You don’t have to work for it anymore, so go ahead and eat that pint of ice cream and two sleeves of Oreos. Who cares?

There’s no skimping and sacrifice—no more crash diets, or putting money away each week for that special Isaac Mizrahi dress you saw at Saks.

Now, you can just waddle to Target and pick one up in a 4XL for $19.99 because Isaac cut a deal with the big box store to peddle his “brand” to the unwashed masses.
First off, there is a huge range in between size 4 and 24 or 4xl. A size 6 woman is not obese, neither is a size 8, 10, 12. Some women are taller and have larger pelvic bones and can never fit into a size 4 without looking like a reanimated skeleton, nor should they have to. Me saying this is in no way glorifying or condoning actual obesity.

But to the author, it's either/or. Either happily starve yourself or eat a whole bag of oreos so you can waddle around. How oversimplified and ignorant!

Also, nice dig at people who are not rich.

Overall, fashion is no longer about pushing the limits of creativity or framing an elegant and slender woman’s body like a piece of art. It exists to churn out Regime-approved political and social statements—and if that means creating ugly size 22 clothes, so be it.

There’s no exclusivity anymore. Everyone must be allowed to partake in fashion regardless of size. Soon, you’ll see a 4XL Chanel suit—mark my words.

Now, I’m not suggesting fat people should go without clothes, but elevating obese women to hero status and bringing them into the “designer world” gives their obesity a false sense of acceptance and glorifies poor health.

Today, the fashion industry is a slave to overweight frumpy progressive women who spent their high school years lurking in the shadows, constantly outshined and shunned by the “beautiful girls”—the girls who actually put in the effort to look stunning in designer clothes.

However, now, we’re supposed to believe that morbid obesity is beautiful.

We’re told these morbidly obese women deserve a seat at the fashion table because they’re brave for overeating and abusing their bodies.

This is the new crusade fashion is undertaking — worshiping grossly unhealthy women who are one chicken nugget away from cardiac arrest.

But the catwalk image of perfectly rounded boobs and jaw-dropping beauty has been replaced by an emotional eater with back fat and stretch marks—the exact look so many women are determined to avoid.

But we’re told by the fashion industry that women want to see that.

I don’t.

I don’t want to see someone who looks like a random lady at Target on the runway. I’d rather see the hot girl.

Today’s modern progressive women encourage fat girls to wear their sadness, loss of control, and insecurities like a badge of honor. That way they can force innocent bystanders like me and you to pretend these women look “beautiful” and “stunning,” when they clearly don’t.

It’s yet another left-wing control mechanism.

Instead of lying to these poor girls, and telling them they look gorgeous, how about getting them into a program that can set them free and add decades to their lives?
Women are not ornaments or scenery or art. We are human beings.

The author flip flops between "morbidly obese" and "overweight". There is a huge difference between BMI of 26(a few pounds overweight) and BMI of 35 and up, which would correspond to a size 22. But to the author, anything that is not an "elegant and slender" size 4 is the same, worthless and lazy.

The agenda being pushed very visibly by the left is to glorify obesity, i think we can all agree on that. But there is an underlying agenda to glorify unhealthy "starving" for vain purposes that have nothing to do with health. And if anyone speaks out against it they will be branded a woke leftist.

And then, mentions of high school and "putting in the effort to look good". High school girls are underage and under parental control, so if their parents say no dieting, it's no dieting. It has nothing to do with "putting in effort". Perhaps the author resents having one of those mothers that constantly forces her daughter to diet and calls her fat?

Also, women who starve themselves don't have "perfectly rounded boobs" unless it's through surgery. Another stupid agenda-pushing statement by the author.

The rest of the long article is really idiotic too, lol. Just veers too far off topic from the thread.

Sibi

Star
View attachment 81513
And this second picture? Does it even seem possible with ten minutes a day? They are again trying to sell these stupid ideas about how we should look and they don't make sense. There are so many reasons to believe the fitness industry gives no flying crap about our health.
The English on that pic is confusing me. Exercising every seven days and 10 minutes sounds super easy! I don't know about every sky. Maybe 3-4 skies. :D

Exercise cannot give you a flat belly. You cannot see muscle under layers of fat. In body building, they must eat a good clean diet for muscle definition to appear. Eating a poor of McDonalad's etc results in a "dirty bulk".

The English on that pic is confusing me. Exercising every seven days and 10 minutes sounds super easy! I don't know about every sky. Maybe 3-4 skies. :D

Exercise cannot give you a flat belly. You cannot see muscle under layers of fat. In body building, they must eat a good clean diet for muscle definition to appear. Eating a poor of McDonalad's etc results in a "dirty bulk".
Yeah the English was kinda off on that one lol it was a stupid ad, anyway.

It's interesting, because the guy on the top left doesn't even look bad to me. He's still in shape lol he's just not perfectly cut like the way he is on the right, but I find that's unnecessary, because he's still really healthy on the left..it just seems like there's this want for people to strive for perfection, that's why there's no reason to ever be on such a strict diet unless the person is morbidly obese. Moderation is key, I always say!

And that girl in the last post there looks so sad! It's no wonder with the amount of makeup she's having to wear!

Sibi

Star
People are not vain or shallow just because they are into being fit and going to the gym. People work hard for their muscles. It is a slow disciplined process and progress pictures are rewarding. Posting bikini pics gets views and likes so that will happen too. Men are the same way.

Sibi

Star
I get you but the emphasis here is where she lost most part of her weight. Women carry more body fat than men and it's usually distributed around the abdominal area because of the womb and ovaries etc extra cushion and all that. It's very hard to lose fat in this area. My mum despite being very active and slim for all her life has been exercising to lose this part having had 3 kids and with no avail.
It may not be fat. Sometimes when ladies get pregnant they tear their abdominal muscles.
"Diastasis recti is a common condition in pregnant and postpartum people. It occurs when the rectus abdominis muscles (six-pack ab muscles) separate during pregnancy from being stretched. The separation can make a person's belly stick out or bulge months or years postpartum. "

This lady has a treatment - the Tupler Technique - for the condition without surgery. There are more photos here.

Sibi

Star
The thing is, I’m nearly 50 now, but I don’t feel any older. When I go on Facebook, there are so many ads telling me what I should do, eat, not eat or pay monthly for. It takes something significant in life to knock us off the throne of our own little worlds, and I had that a few years ago now. Moses encountered the Lord at the burning bush and he had to get over his own inadequacy to move into what God had for him. I think there comes a time when you need to accept yourself as good enough and get on with doing what the Lord has called you for. That’s when the real adventure begins!!!
That is a great statement, thank you

JoChris

Superstar
It may not be fat. Sometimes when ladies get pregnant they tear their abdominal muscles.
"Diastasis recti is a common condition in pregnant and postpartum people. It occurs when the rectus abdominis muscles (six-pack ab muscles) separate during pregnancy from being stretched. The separation can make a person's belly stick out or bulge months or years postpartum. "

This lady has a treatment - the Tupler Technique - for the condition without surgery. There are more photos here.
I wish they weren't so expensive for foreigners. I would love one of them for my cesarean belly!

Alright, gonna have another rant here, because I'm just getting so fed up with the so called truthers and conspiracy theorists saying these things that are not making them any better than anyone on the left. Example:
Screenshot_20230308-071656~2.png
Seeing these things absolutely horrifies me. It's sad when people want to go onto the vigilant links to see the truth being exposed, and seeing how the elites are corrupting and destroying the population. Why this bugs me so much? We are promoting more and more narcissism!! Again with this!
Okay, before anyone assumes, again, I will tell people I DON'T agree with obesity! I do see the problem of what's going on in the right photo. Being overweight excessively isn't healthy, and the guy looks to be wearing a bra, so that's just promoting more gender blurring. BUT! I don't condone the picture on the left, either! Saying people are becoming more and more ugly because they don't look like the perfect models is absolutely degrading! As a community that's trying to spread truth and justice, and God's way, this is an absolute abomination!
When will people here learn that this is just becoming about policing people instead of helping them? Acting like this is only going to make things worse, and also make it seem like we are no better than the left! The Marxists constantly police and censor people, tell others how to live and what to do.. this is no different!
I would love to point out again for the millionth time on here, that we don't have to have two percent body fat and a perfect trim figure to be someone who tells the truth and fights for nature. This is ridiculous! How many men and women can look like Mark Wahlberg and Kate Moss? Also, this photo seems photoshopped! Why are we promoting absolute narcissism? This isn't God's way! Plus, Kate, we know is a huge part of the illuminati and most likely does horrible rituals behind the scenes. And Mark.. I don't know what's going on with him.
I think people here need to realize that there is a middle ground. That we can be healthy and not look like we kill ourselves at the gym everyday. People can be fit and still have a bit of fat on them. We shouldn't condemn people for having a bit of insulation on them! I have seen people call others FAT because they don't have toned/ rock hard bodies. Come on! We need to be the voices of reason! This isn't helping anyone! If anything, this is causing more issues with how we feel about ourselves! This is why I didn't eat breakfast in grade 8! This whole sexually attractive body type worshipping needs to end! To be healthy is what matters, not to be super sexy!
Also, please stop policing others for not eating a full raw and organic diet. People can't always afford it! Plus there's nothing WRONG with treating ourselves sometimes! Again, everything within moderation.
Do I need to say more? Gosh I'm done with people of BOTH sides these days!