The hypocrisy behind fitness and health.

Just took my time to fully read it and digest the meaning of your text for the first time, ever and I agree to you.

It seem like being into health fitness/physical sport/athletic is just another pretext to show off, and to have a body as thin as noodles and flat as a mattress.

It’s not about being healthy or losing weight anymore, it’s just about «Hey look about how beautiful, perfect and pretty I am! »

More ever, there is the cliche whether being false or not (having basis in reality or not) that’s athletic people are also much more sunny, social butterfly and are light hearted personnes, that’s are highly in between this weird overdo performance of always pushing down themselves to the limit to the point of making themselves sick and looking down on others who don’t do as much or just don’t even care for sports/health fitness/etc in the first place.

But those same personnes are often also very hedonist, beside sculpting their body, or just wasting some negative energy into their activities, (like how gamers do with videos games) their are the very same personne who will tell you that’s you take life too seriously, that’s will tell you that’s you should profit of live and it’s pleasures, etc, that’s will sometimes allow themselves to make jokes on your body, personality, and whatever else under the pretext that’s their are your sport teacher.
I agree completely with everything you have said! And I am thankful so much for your response! I agree completely that this hedonism has caused much of a god complex with these people. They literally think their poop doesn't stink, and that they are the hottest people. They think having perfect tone to their bodies and very little body fat is the way to go.
I went to a gym a while back a couple times and met a personal trainer. He seemed nice when I was there, but I stopped going because it wasn't my thing. When working at the grocery store that I used to work at, he came through my lineup and pushed me to go back to the gym and he would train me. I told him I didn't want to go back and it just wasn't for me, I'm fine the way I am. He seemed kinda upset and just walked away. I was so happy when the customer behind him said that I did the right thing by standing up for myself.
This is also very hard on obese people who need to lose weight to stay alive and be healthy. They lose all their motivation due to the body they are pressured to have, instead of a realistic standard that they achieve only to stay alive. It's just not practical. This is one of the reasons I believe, why people just don't even try, anymore. Then there's those that try too hard. Health should be about health, and that's that.

I would expect women to find this guy attractive (and apparently i am way off and dont know what im talking about):
No, I actually think you're into something, here. There are unfortunately many effeminate men out there due to the estrogen in so many products and food. There are also so many who are clean cut and go to the gym for many hours. I am one of those women who prefers a man to be manly, and the mountain man look is where it's at for me. I'm not really into the clean cut appearance. Alot of us women actually prefer the manly man, it's more traditional.

elsbet

Superstar
listen to the beefcakes (and his earring) and the chinese guys voice.
the beefcake, in particular, is using that end-of-sentence voice inflection raising. "i, like... am in-the-media..." like hes a valley girl from CA.
the chinese kid waves his arms around in a gay way in addition to the same voice characterics as the beefcake.

my perception is that physical attractiveness << manliness. thats from my masculine point of view in guessing what women think.
--------------

i had a conversation with a female friend about this type of thing. paging @elsbet ... you have a telephone call at the front desk...
i would expect women to find this guy attractive (and apparently i am way off and dont know what im talking about):

View attachment 80564

this guy is super manly and hes dirty looking and hes got a good beard. i rank this guy #1! i wouldnt mind looking like him, but i think id prefer a more leathery looking face. like this, but leathery-er.

View attachment 80565
I'm not entirely sure of the question.

But I'll be happy to back up my thoughts on Dirty-Cigar guy with a resounding NO.
:D

Now... if he was funny as Hell and had some magnetic charisma, then he would probably be somewhat in demand. Based strictly on looks though and imho... meh.

OH! Throw in a large cache of ammo, mid-apocalypse, and extensive mechanical knowledge, and you may have a winner. He's scary (bonus!).

As for the video... Erik. No question.
Obviously takes the lead, which must be the umm... operative, perhaps? *
Minus that, based on say pics alone-- he probably would not be Best in Show.
(Not counting the fact he was on the show in the first place against him, obviously. )

Leather-y?

Acceptable:
Sam Elliot​

Sean Connery​

That's all. :)

As someone who worked as a fitness trainer for years i just have to say that its terrible that some people in my previous occupation have said things that were disrespectful or ever put anyone down.

But i also have to say that NOT ALL "fitness people" are stuck up or think theyre better than anyone. Some are just regular people who like to exercise as a hobby. The motivation does not have to be to look better than anyone, or to abuse whatever privilege comes with looking fit. Exercising feels good, especially if you're upset or stressed.

One time a friend and i were in line to get into a show, and we were in the wrong line, so they told us the correct line to go to and we got told to skip to the front (since we had already waited in the wrong one). This lady saw us go to the front and got really loud about how it was because we're "young and beautiful", her words not mine. I felt terrible and started to explain the situation, even wanted to go to the end of this line too but my friend didn't let me. She actually was enjoying the attention. We're not friends anymore lol

When i worked as a fitness trainer, my favorite clients were the ones that were there for other goals besides looks. I had many elderly clients that needed to keep their mobility, and not lose muscle because as you age muscle starts to shrink and you can get osteoporosis. Some wanted to still be able to take care of themselves in old age without having to burden family. Muscles get less flexible and some older people struggle with even getting in and out of bed. Others wanted to be able to stay active as they aged. Other clients i had were obese and we focused on how to exercise without causing knee pain, and building ab strength to help with back pain and balance.

And yes, there were the superficial clients too, who were not my favorite. They tended to be miserable people overall, always trying to compete and putting others down. They would even try to compete with the trainer, and were very draining to deal with. They sometimes would act like youre their servant. I noticed that some trainers developed an attitude after working with these types of clients. I'm more of an introverted person, so i didn't get an attitude, but i did have a high level of job related stress, which i dealt with by working out excessively, ironically.

I dont really know what they point of this post is, but i guess it makes me sad to hear if people think all "fitness people" are the same. I know we live in stupid brainwashed upside down world but not everything everyone does is for attention and to build up their ego.

Now the way gym people dress, I HATE IT! I refused to dress like that on the job, and i do think it made my client base more comfortable. Many of my clients told me that they felt uncomfortable around the skimpy dressed kind of gym people.

I guess it really comes down to the person. To me, it's more like people are feeding into a snobby regime more than anything. Some don't even realize it. If people are truly into fitness for their health, it makes more sense. If they are doing it to have an ego and just showing off, then yeah, that's where the problem really starts. To me, there's nothing wrong with exercising and moving. If I was forced to stay indoors all day long every day, I would go nuts...but I wouldn't even set foot in the gym just due to the atmosphere and some of the people that go there. I don't ever want to cater to the "snobbery" portion of fitness.
It just depends on the people's goals and why they are actually there and what their motive is. If people don't play into those stereotypes, then it's fine. It really comes down to that motive and the kind of people they are.
It's when I see a very thin and lean person still jogging because they want to look trendy and cool versus someone who is running a marathon for the competition and not to be cool.
People have unfortunately been indoctrinated into the negative aspect of fitness, and it can totally destroy the meaning behind it. I also hope this post makes sense LOL.
I would for surely have to agree that the way these people dress is horrendous. Who feels comfortable being half naked in public? Just don't get it LOL

polymoog

Superstar
Victoria's Secret: Supermodel Olympics

Bridget Malcolm, recruited by the beauty industry at age 14 and later made famous by modeling for Victoria's Secret, reveals what she went through:

somewhat related.
17 min.

Victoria's Secret: Supermodel Olympics

Bridget Malcolm, recruited by the beauty industry at age 14 and later made famous by modeling for Victoria's Secret, reveals what she went through:

somewhat related.
17 min.
This is actually extremely relatable, so thank you for posting this. The fact that she mentioned not eating for three days and having to quit cause she's fainting proves this has nothing to do with health, it's all about looks.. this goes really well with this thread. It's sad how these girls were treated, and it's horrible that they had to deal with the creepy top elites harrassing them. There's no reason for anyone to go through this because this society tells us to be beautiful and thin. It's so hard to achieve the bodies they have, and this is proof of why it's so hard, because it's so unrealistic.
This is sadly, why so many of us look in the mirror and cringe at our reflections. We just won't be good enough, we won't ever be good enough.
I'm surprised that this woman still was in the industry after this, I would've completely quit the whole thing immediately.
The only issue was the word "misogyny" thrown around alot LOL.
But other than that, this works well with this topic, so thank you!!

Yes!! I love this and it's very true!! We put behind us alot of the negative and dark temptations, open our eyes to the truth and accept our roles in this world! God gives us this opportunity. It's a very beautiful one!!
Yeah God gives us this opportunity and the Evil Ones in Washington D.C. spend 24/7 thinking of ways to destroy it. God made food taste good and the Evil Ones take special delight in poisoning food anyway they can.

Yeah God gives us this opportunity and the Evil Ones in Washington D.C. spend 24/7 thinking of ways to destroy it. God made food taste good and the Evil Ones take special delight in poisoning food anyway they can.
Exactly. And, sadly, it seems that the food doesn't have much taste anymore if it's especially the fruits and veggies. They want to poison everything, like you said. It makes me wonder how things would be if it weren't for these evil people in this world.

Fujiko

Star
Exactly. And, sadly, it seems that the food doesn't have much taste anymore if it's especially the fruits and veggies. They want to poison everything, like you said. It makes me wonder how things would be if it weren't for these evil people in this world.
Their agenda is to push insects,and beatle milk

Ok I'm honestly getting sick and tired of seeing these stupid articles everywhere:
Screenshot_20220913-065020~2.png
This is all we ever see, now. It's obvious they are pushing a narrative.. and about 90 percent of the time at LEAST, it's directed towards women. They really want us to be this vapid and shallow, don't they? And saying it's not vanity when you are taking these pictures of yourself? How contradictory can one get? Now when women get pregnant, they still have to look "fit". We can't have any fat on us whatsoever, we can't even appear pregnant! Every bit of motherhood, they are taking away from us. And I could not believe some of the comments on this post! So many were saying that what she's doing is great and no one should judge her because we are jealous if we do so! And the comments? From WOMEN! I think women should know much better but no, they are just feeding the stupid vanity agenda like a bunch of morons! It's crap like this that makes me think everyday, why didn't God make me a man? Because I'm so DONE!!

Now when women get pregnant, they still have to look "fit". We can't have any fat on us whatsoever, we can't even appear pregnant!
Ok this angers me. A lot.

Its obviously for vanity, or else she would do it in secret and shut up. The whole world doesnt have to hear about her self care.
Aside from the vanity aspect it is so irresponsible to be promoting this. If a woman keeps her body weight down while pregnant there's a higher change of the baby being low birth weight and having other issues. Sure, maybe this woman is the freak of nature that it doesnt happen to, but other women's babies can get seriously hurt.

Also, if a woman's abs are too strong it can make it difficult for the baby to flip itself into head down position for the birth. Theres a way they can flip them by pressing into the belly but its not possible on very firm abs. Guaranteed c sections.

And I'll bet all the stupid women are giving her compliments! Most women are so brainwashed nowadays that if anyone tries to talk some common sense to them they get irrational. Especially when it comes to pregnancy related things. To say anything at all is considered "shaming", no matter how much you're trying to prevent a tragedy.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
It's crap like this that makes me think everyday, why didn't God make me a man? Because I'm so DONE!!
Believe me - men get a similar group of odd messages (as my Facebook adverts show). Apparently there is nothing I should find more interesting than watching some Tiktok style girl skipping or spending hours and £££ trying to get eight pack abs!

With reference to much that this world tries to force-feed us, I like the last line from Gone with the Wind…

8E8A421F-92A2-4D9A-A907-5BE2BA88AC9B.jpeg

Line

Established
I think it depend on what kind of sports and at what rhythms (and probably months, therefore stades of pregnancy, baby growth and birth) you practicing.

I saw in movies and often hear pregnants woman’s (not all of them of course) doing warm up exercises and breathing exercises as you can guess already with the experience of periods how excruciating this time of live can get as much for mental health, body image etc…Which I think, is important for the mother to be in a good place mentally speaking which can only help the baby.

I’m no coach, and I’m no saying that’s all of them should doing that’s for being well mind you, as some people are naturally really onto sports just because they love it, will some others will like more indoors activities or in between. It really depend of the personne energy and personality and also the doctor advices

Just wanted to put nuances here, and it certainly wouldn’t be me doing exercises in the day where my periods are tormenting me XD

Ok this angers me. A lot.

Its obviously for vanity, or else she would do it in secret and shut up. The whole world doesnt have to hear about her self care.
Aside from the vanity aspect it is so irresponsible to be promoting this. If a woman keeps her body weight down while pregnant there's a higher change of the baby being low birth weight and having other issues. Sure, maybe this woman is the freak of nature that it doesnt happen to, but other women's babies can get seriously hurt.

Also, if a woman's abs are too strong it can make it difficult for the baby to flip itself into head down position for the birth. Theres a way they can flip them by pressing into the belly but its not possible on very firm abs. Guaranteed c sections.

And I'll bet all the stupid women are giving her compliments! Most women are so brainwashed nowadays that if anyone tries to talk some common sense to them they get irrational. Especially when it comes to pregnancy related things. To say anything at all is considered "shaming", no matter how much you're trying to prevent a tragedy.
All of this is very true. It can be so hard on the pregnancy, so many complications can happen. Women don't really care so much about being proper mothers, anymore. They just want to show off and be cool. I can see the whole thing with having hard abs that they would most likely need C sections..it's just not worth it.
I think it's better for women to think more of a healthier and practical way of wanting to be healthy during a pregnancy. If they want to go for a walk or stretch a little bit if they can or something like that. They always go to the extreme and try their best to look like they aren't pregnant, and it's so bothersome.
I agree for sure that these women are giving them compliments and being totally brainwashed..they just don't understand how harmful this is to the baby and to our minds. This mindset is destroying so much in our world.

I think it depend on what kind of sports and at what rhythms (and probably months, therefore stades of pregnancy, baby growth and birth) you practicing.

I saw in movies and often hear pregnants woman’s (not all of them of course) doing warm up exercises and breathing exercises as you can guess already with the experience of periods how excruciating this time of live can get as much for mental health, body image etc…Which I think, is important for the mother to be in a good place mentally speaking which can only help the baby.

I’m no coach, and I’m no saying that’s all of them should doing that’s for being well mind you, as some people are naturally really onto sports just because they love it, will some others will like more indoors activities or in between. It really depend of the personne energy and personality and also the doctor advices

Just wanted to put nuances here, and it certainly wouldn’t be me doing exercises in the day where my periods are tormenting me XD
Being sporty and being vain are so different LOL but yes it definitely depends on the person. They just have to be practical and safe during the pregnancy.

Believe me - men get a similar group of odd messages (as my Facebook adverts show). Apparently there is nothing I should find more interesting than watching some Tiktok style girl skipping or spending hours and £££ trying to get eight pack abs!

With reference to much that this world tries to force-feed us, I like the last line from Gone with the Wind…

View attachment 81053
I believe nowadays it's a bit different as men will get more pressure than they used to. It's just so terrible because women have had the pressure for so much longer and it's still more. It's known that we have to be fit and beautiful.
Hahahaha yes I would laugh at those girls too! And that saying is a good attitude to have, especially if we can!