The hypocrisy behind fitness and health.

Seekeroftruth55

Veteran
I think it depend on what kind of sports and at what rhythms (and probably months, therefore stades of pregnancy, baby growth and birth) you practicing.

I saw in movies and often hear pregnants woman’s (not all of them of course) doing warm up exercises and breathing exercises as you can guess already with the experience of periods how excruciating this time of live can get as much for mental health, body image etc…Which I think, is important for the mother to be in a good place mentally speaking which can only help the baby.

I’m no coach, and I’m no saying that’s all of them should doing that’s for being well mind you, as some people are naturally really onto sports just because they love it, will some others will like more indoors activities or in between. It really depend of the personne energy and personality and also the doctor advices

Just wanted to put nuances here, and it certainly wouldn’t be me doing exercises in the day where my periods are tormenting me XD
Being sporty and being vain are so different LOL but yes it definitely depends on the person. They just have to be practical and safe during the pregnancy.

Seekeroftruth55

Veteran
Believe me - men get a similar group of odd messages (as my Facebook adverts show). Apparently there is nothing I should find more interesting than watching some Tiktok style girl skipping or spending hours and £££ trying to get eight pack abs!

With reference to much that this world tries to force-feed us, I like the last line from Gone with the Wind…

View attachment 81053
I believe nowadays it's a bit different as men will get more pressure than they used to. It's just so terrible because women have had the pressure for so much longer and it's still more. It's known that we have to be fit and beautiful.
Hahahaha yes I would laugh at those girls too! And that saying is a good attitude to have, especially if we can!

Line

Established
Being sporty and being vain are so different LOL but yes it definitely depends on the person. They just have to be practical and safe during the pregnancy.
Yes exactly. But doing sports to help your body and the baby during pregnancy is not always being vain.

Fujiko

Star
Ok I'm honestly getting sick and tired of seeing these stupid articles everywhere:
View attachment 81046
This is all we ever see, now. It's obvious they are pushing a narrative.. and about 90 percent of the time at LEAST, it's directed towards women. They really want us to be this vapid and shallow, don't they? And saying it's not vanity when you are taking these pictures of yourself? How contradictory can one get? Now when women get pregnant, they still have to look "fit". We can't have any fat on us whatsoever, we can't even appear pregnant! Every bit of motherhood, they are taking away from us. And I could not believe some of the comments on this post! So many were saying that what she's doing is great and no one should judge her because we are jealous if we do so! And the comments? From WOMEN! I think women should know much better but no, they are just feeding the stupid vanity agenda like a bunch of morons! It's crap like this that makes me think everyday, why didn't God make me a man? Because I'm so DONE!!
I don't want to be offensive,but she looks more a male than a woman...the brainwashing is really strong

Fujiko

Star
All of this is very true. It can be so hard on the pregnancy, so many complications can happen. Women don't really care so much about being proper mothers, anymore. They just want to show off and be cool. I can see the whole thing with having hard abs that they would most likely need C sections..it's just not worth it.
I think it's better for women to think more of a healthier and practical way of wanting to be healthy during a pregnancy. If they want to go for a walk or stretch a little bit if they can or something like that. They always go to the extreme and try their best to look like they aren't pregnant, and it's so bothersome.
I agree for sure that these women are giving them compliments and being totally brainwashed..they just don't understand how harmful this is to the baby and to our minds. This mindset is destroying so much in our world.
They are destroying the real concept of female,and a lot of females seems appreciating it...so sick

Seekeroftruth55

Veteran
I don't want to be offensive,but she looks more a male than a woman...the brainwashing is really strong
In a sense, she kinda does. She does seem to have some masculine traits. It's hard to say if she's actually a male, but maybe she has taken steroids in her life so it can make her seem so. I'm saddened by the brainwashing.

Seekeroftruth55

Veteran
They are destroying the real concept of female,and a lot of females seems appreciating it...so sick
I agree. They don't want women to be actual women, anymore. They take away what's best about us. Wish other women stopped feeding the nonsense!

Seekeroftruth55

Veteran
A couple of other things I found... One is pretty much repetitive to what I usually see and the other one shows a double standard with women having to be thin and men getting away with being overweight:
Screenshot_20220902-054934~2.pngScreenshot_20220905-190002~2.png
Why? Why does this always exist? It seems I'm just repeating myself, here. The first one blatantly shows that the woman is much thinner than the man that's displayed. If men had as much pressure a women do to be aesthetically pleasing, they would of displayed a man who's muscular and toned, but of course, the woman has the standards put on her, and this happens most of the time. It reminds of the men's and women's health magazines. Sure, the man still has to be muscular and attractive on the cover, but most of the time they are wearing a t shirt that covers them. The women in the covers? Practically appear like prostitutes! If it's so much about health, why do they show so much skin?
And this second picture? Does it even seem possible with ten minutes a day? They are again trying to sell these stupid ideas about how we should look and they don't make sense. There are so many reasons to believe the fitness industry gives no flying crap about our health.