The helper(the holy spirit): What has he spoken to you recently?

Lyfe

Star
I really do believe that even the glimpes of goodness that we do end up seeing in the world are completely of God and a result of the presence of the holy spirit on earth(through the saints) and the intercession of his people . We have no idea how utterly dark and wicked this world would be without God intervening(through the authority we are given) to bring peace and light into the world by prayer. I was reading the Bible about how Herod had killed all the male children 2 years and younger and even though it sheds light on the incredible depths of his wickedness it also brings to light the awful spiritual condition of the people as well. Can you imagine if Biden or some president ordered soldiers to go door to door and execute all children 2 years old and younger? No solider would comply. The people would rise up in wrath and indignation and overthrow this demon in a heartbeat, yet the people of Israel allowed such a transgression to occur. Herod as a leader was a genocidal mass murderer of newborn infants, the soldiers were baby killers, the people consented by their indifference and apathy. Can you imagine how dark a human heart would have to be to kill a newborn baby?

Jesus always rebuked the people and referred to them as a "wicked and perverse" generation, as murderers, but I dont think we have any real idea how utterly corrupt they were at the time of his incarnation. These sort of unfathomable evils always characterized the governments and monarchies of past , but this was at a time where there was no presence of Gods spirit on earth( through his saints). I think when atheists say we have evolved and become moral and more civilized society allot of is purely attributed to Gods people standing in the gap and praying with the power and authority of the holy spirit to bring peace on Earth. If Gods spirit and people just vanished from the face of the planet this world would go right back to the hopelessly dark condition it was in when soldiers would exexute newborn infants without refusing orders. It would go back to people just allowing this without any kind of attempted overthrow of government. We should thank God for his light and goodness on earth, because without it we would be consumed by unfiltered and unquenchable barbarism.

Lyfe

Star
"""It is the duty of God’s servants to warn men of their danger, to point out that the way of rebellion against God leads to certain destruction and to call upon them to throw down the weapons of their revolt and flee from the wrath to come. It is their duty to teach men that they must turn from their idols and serve the living God, otherwise they will eternally perish. It is their duty to rebuke wickedness wherever it be found and to declare that the wages of sin is death. This will not make for their popularity, for it will condemn and irritate the wicked, and such plain speaking will seriously annoy them. Those who expose hypocrites, resist tyrants, oppose the wicked, are ever viewed by them as troublemakers. But as Christ declared, "Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for My sake. Rejoice, and be exceedingly glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you" (Matthew 5:11, 12).""" - Arthur Pink, The Life Of Elijah

Lyfe

Star
I think that so much of the pain and dissapointment of Gods people ultimately comes from these superficial and unrealistic expectations being set up by the world. You have the gospel of propserity and the american dream and then you have the actual gospel of Jesus Christ. The gospel of the american dream is all about prospering and living a cozy and snug life of material abundance with a too good to be true spouse and kids off at college. If these are your expectations as a Christian and your reality doesnt quite meet up then I can see how that could lead to depression. Then you have the actual gospel of Jesus Christ and what Gods word tells his people to expect. The gospel of the american dream and the gospel of Jesus Christ are two very different gospels that speak of two very different expectations. God loves his people and wants nothing more than to give them the best of the best, but he is far more concerned with refining them and conforming them after the image of his son Jesus Christ. This life is a speck compared to the unending line of eternity. You have millions and millions of years to experience happiness and joy in heaven. God is far more concerned with perfecting Christ in you through trials and tribulations while here on earth than he is about your happiness.

TrustNo1

Established
Mind if I bring up a few questions about Christianity?

So you know how you guys believe that a person goes to hell or heaven depending on their actions and if they believed in Jesus?
Well how does this play out for the people in the past, like before Jesus was born into this Earth? Or for the people who go their WHOLE lives without having even heard about Jesus?
I mean, if you never knew about him your entire life then are you still punished?

Lyfe

Star
The reason that it is so vital to trust in God is because fear, doubt, worry, and anxiety paralyze a person and make them innefective for the mission that he has called us to. Instead of being focused on the ministry that God has put in our heart a person will remain trapped(in their mind) and unable to see or think past their fears. Instead of doing the will of God a person remains consumed with what they will eat or drink, their shelter and the morrow. I believe that with all that is going on in the world God is calling us to new heights of trusting in him. If the early disciples remained in fear of the morrow and what they would eat and drink they would have not been useful to God, because so much of what they did was step out into the unknown and rather than stay kingdom minded their thoughts would have been consumed with how they are going to feed and shelter themselves. In the news we read of food shortages, anti human vaccine mandates required for employment(many will refuse and lose their jobs), super inflation, and mass sickness. If we allow our minds to be consumed with the fears of this world then we cant be used of God, because all our thoughts and efforts will be spent in fear of how we are going to bring food to our table and find a shelter for our physical bodies. This is all time and effort that God wants us give over to his will.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33

He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. Matthew 13:22

Lyfe

Star
We want to serve Christ, but do it comfortably and on our terms. We want to do it without risking our lives or our finances. We want the best of both worlds. We want a good life and the comforts of prosperity, material abundance, and the american dream. We also want to serve Christ, but do so while maintaining all of that. How do we know where our heart stands until he tests us? Until unexpected storms arise and wash away the material and earthly comforts we cling to. How do we know until he shows us things we didnt see in ourself? How do we know we have the heart of a disciple willing to follow Christ through anything and until he tests us? How do we know if we love him more than we love the world, until our comforts and idols get taken away? We seek good things and we sing praises, but maybe for some its, because we love our life and all that we have and how good we have it and we dont even know. There are only some things that only a fiery trial and storm can reveal.

Lyfe

Star
The lord has been doing some things in my life and I really feel that the main thing he has tried to show me is that we(as the church) have become too comfortable in the world. We may have to examine our hearts and ask whether or not we pursue the things of this world more than we do the things and mission of God. The more consumerism, comforts, and convenience we get lavished on us(by the world) the more attatched to it we become despite claiming to be "warriors" for Christ.

I dont believe the church was ever meant to seek and prioritize prosperity or good things for itself in this life. I dont believe we were ever meant to pursue and buy into the american dream. Prosperity has only ever weakened the church. Peoples hearts drift from the lord and their priorities gravitate to worldly endeavors and pursuits. Idols arise. Making money and estabalishing a comfortable future become more of a pursuit than Christlikeness. People become proud of their accomplishments and achievements, they become fond of their possesions, they teach their kids that college and a good home and career are more of a priority than laboring through prayer in their prayer closet and pointing souls to the kingdom of God. They live and act like millions and millions of souls arent walking on the broad path that leads to destruction. They act like this isnt their fate unless someone earnestly prays for them and intervenes. People act like they can acctually take all these things they labored so hard for in this world into the grave.

Lyfe

Star
We talk about obeying God and keeping the commandments, yet I really believe there is a real tendency to apply a very shallow and superficial application to such exhortations. The Bible says that LOVE is the fulfilling of the law and I believe that once we take this to heart then we are finally able to properly measure ourselves to see whether or not we are acctually keeping the commandments. How much time do we spend praying for others? How much time do we spend in servitude to someone else and ministering to their needs? How much of the excess of what we have goes to the needy? Do we even think of how we can bless the needy and do they ever come to mind? Do we lead others to Christ, because we love them and dont want to see them perish? Do we truly love our fellow man? Do we really keep the two most important commandments? This is something the lord has really impressed upon my heart and in all honesty im mostly preaching to myself. This post isnt for the purpose of judging anyone, but rather I am just pointing out how I believe the lord wants us to be measuring ourself. Jesus spoke of "weightier" matters of the law. How many of us would still be so zealous about the commandments if we measured ourself according to how much of our time and day goes into being a servant to someone else(out of love)? We so often think of keeping the commandments as a list of sins to stay away from rather than actual time spent in devotion and servitude to others and bearing their burdens as if they are our own.

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and "love one another", as he gave us commandment. 1 John 3:23

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore ""love is the fulfilling of the law."" Romans 13:10

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Galatians 5:18

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:4

Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2

Lyfe

Star
We have a tendency to blame our sins on circumstance or someone elses direct influence in our life, but the truth is that this is ultimately pride and self righteousness. If we continue to blame our circumstance or other people for how we react then we will never receive healing and deliverance. Sin is an offense we commit against God and it has to be acknowledged as such before his forgiveness and true healing can occur. If you have a problem with anger and are prone to angry outburts dont go to God and blame the situation or person for how you responded. If you make a habit of doing so your pride and failure to acknowledge your transgression will prevent the healing and release of anger that Gods forgiveness brings.

He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy. Proverbs 28:13

For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. Psalm 51:3-4