The Got Thread!!! (spoiler Alert.. Just In Case!)

Carolyn

Star
So yeah can we have a GoT thread since its the most epic show ever. Ive not read the books, maybe one day!!

Only about 13ish weeks till its back on and I cant wait and I am already dreading having to wait another whole year before the last series is on, seriously better not kick the bucket before the end of it and if I doI hope theres somewhere after you die you can go and watch all the stuff you are gonna miss lol or maybe theres some epic movie/tv series library that contains everything that ever has or ever will be made lol now that would be cool.

Loki

Established
I just want a prequel series about rhaegar
I'd love this, or they've always talked about doing a movie so lets make a movie about Rhaegar and Lyanna! I'd definitely be down for that. It's almost perfect because the entirety of Robert's Rebellion is written/setup like a blockbuster film anyway:

Girl is promised to boy.
Boy is in love with girl.
Girl is noticed by another boy and notices that boy back.
They fall in love secretly.
Girl becomes pregnant and to hide their secret and protect their child they run off together to a beautiful exotic land.
Original boy wages a war to get back his girl.
Fighting across the kingdom. Much action and gore.
To defend his love and keep her secret, boy marches off to meet other boy in battle and they fight each other in the middle of their armies, only for the lover to lose his life and the war-wager thinks he has won back his love, only to find out she also died, but she asked the one person she could trust to keep her secret before finally perishing.

That story essentially sets the entire backbone of the show and it would be a tragedy if we never got to see it come to life.

manama

Star
I'd love this, or they've always talked about doing a movie so lets make a movie about Rhaegar and Lyanna! I'd definitely be down for that. It's almost perfect because the entirety of Robert's Rebellion is written/setup like a blockbuster film anyway:

Girl is promised to boy.
Boy is in love with girl.
Girl is noticed by another boy and notices that boy back.
They fall in love secretly.
Girl becomes pregnant and to hide their secret and protect their child they run off together to a beautiful exotic land.
Original boy wages a war to get back his girl.
Fighting across the kingdom. Much action and gore.
To defend his love and keep her secret, boy marches off to meet other boy in battle and they fight each other in the middle of their armies, only for the lover to lose his life and the war-wager thinks he has won back his love, only to find out she also died, but she asked the one person she could trust to keep her secret before finally perishing.

That story essentially sets the entire backbone of the show and it would be a tragedy if we never got to see it come to life.
Yup also because i love Rhaegar's character and seeing all those flashbacks scenes in the actual series about the "king-slayer" and everything. Tbh the events before the series are really interesting, not only about Lyanna and Rhaegar but also the mad king etc.
It would be great if it finally gets a prequel series or a movie.

Deltron

HBO is currently developing 5 potential GoT spinoffs..

From George R.R. Martin's livejournal..

"I can't tell you what the shows will be about (well, I could, but I won't), but I will tell you a couple of things they WON'T be. Which will disappoint some of you, sure, but better to do that now than later, I think.

We're not doing Dunk & Egg. Eventually, sure, I'd love that, and so would many of you. But I've only written and published three novellas to date, and there are at least seven or eight or ten more I want to write. We all know how slow I am, and how fast a television show can move. I don't want to repeat what happened with GAME OF THRONES itself, where the show gets ahead of the books. When the day comes that I've finished telling all my tales of Dunk & Egg, then we'll do a tv show about them... but that day is still a long ways off.

We're not doing Robert's Rebellion either. I know thousands of you want that, I know there's a petition... but by the time I finish writing A SONG OF ICE & FIRE, you will know every important thing that happened in Robert's Rebellion. There would be no surprises or revelations left in such a show, just the acting out of conflicts whose resolutions you already know. That's not a story I want to tell just now; it would feel too much like a twice-told tale."
http://grrm.livejournal.com/536859.html
source: http://grrm.livejournal.com/536859.html

Carolyn

Star
Yeah seen that the other day looks very interesting and definitley would be good rather than just nothing. Start date for the new season is the sixteenth of July! Cant wait just under two months!!! Theres a good channel on youtube called The Last Harpy. Wont be long now!!

TMT

Star
Well this Sunday, right?
Should be fun, I won't watch it live though, so might have to wait until Monday.
Just watched the trailers for the first time, gonna be grisly this year.

Undertaker

Established
When I read them it boggled me why certain things were just botched.
“As for the other matter that Queen Cersei raises,” Prince Doran was saying, “it is true, Dorne’s
seat upon the small council has been vacant since my brother’s death, and it is past time that it was
filled again. I am flattered that Her Grace feels my counsel might be of use to her, though I wonder if I
have the strength for such a journey. Perhaps if we went by sea?”
“By ship?” Ser Balon seemed taken aback. “That … would that be safe, my prince? Autumn is a
bad season for storms, or so I’ve heard, and … the pirates in the Stepstones, they …”
“The pirates. To be sure. You may be right, ser. Safer to return the way you came.” Prince Doran
smiled pleasantly. “Let us talk again on the morrow. When we reach the Water Gardens, we can tell
Myrcella. I know how excited she will be. She misses her brother too, I do not doubt.”
“I am eager to see her once again,” said Ser Balon. “And to visit your Water Gardens. I’ve heard
they are very beautiful.”
“Beautiful and peaceful,” the prince said. “Cool breezes, sparkling water, and the laughter of
children. The Water Gardens are my favorite place in this world, ser. One of my ancestors had them built
to please his Targaryen bride and free her from the dust and heat of Sunspear. Daenerys was her name.
She was sister to King Daeron the Good, and it was her marriage that made Dorne part of the Seven
Kingdoms. The whole realm knew that the girl loved Daeron’s bastard brother Daemon Black-fyre, and
was loved by him in turn, but the king was wise enough to see that the good of thousands must come
before the desires of two, even if those two were dear to him. It was Daenerys who f illed the gardens
with laughing children. Her own children at the start, but later the sons and daughters of lords and
landed knights were brought in to be companions to the boys and girls of princely blood. And one
summer’s day when it was scorching hot, she took pity on the children of her grooms and cooks and
serving men and invited them to use the pools and fountains too, a tradition that has endured till this
day.” The prince grasped the wheels of his chair and pushed himself from the table. “But now you must
excuse me, ser. All this talk has wearied me, and we should leave at break of day. Obara, would you be
so kind as to help me to my bed? Nymeria, Tyene, come as well, and bid your old uncle a fond good
night.”
So it fell to Obara Sand to roll the prince’s chair from Sunspear’s feast hall and down a long
gallery to his solar. Areo Hotah followed with her sisters, along with Princess Arianne and Ellaria Sand.
Maester Caleotte hurried behind on slippered feet, cradling the Mountain’s skull as if it were a child.
“You cannot seriously intend to send Trystane and Myrcella to King’s Landing,” Obara said as she
was pushing. Her strides were long and angry, much too fast, and the chair’s big wooden wheels clacked
noisily across rough-cut stone floors. “Do that, and we will never see the girl again, and your son will
spend his life a hostage to the Iron Throne.”
“Do you take me for a fool, Obara?” The prince sighed. “There is much you do not know. Things
best not discussed here, where anyone can hear. If you hold your tongue, I may enlighten you.” He
winced. “Slower, for the love you bear me. That last jolt sent a knife right through my knee.”
Obara slowed her pace by half. “What will you do, then?”
Her sister Tyene gave answer. “What he always does,” she purred. “Delay, obscure, prevaricate.
Oh, no one does that half so well as our brave uncle.”
“You do him wrong,” said Princess Arianne. “Be quiet, all of you,” the prince commanded.
Not until the doors of his solar were safely closed behind them did he wheel his chair about to
face the women. Even that effort left him breathless, and the Myrish blanket that covered his legs
caught between two spokes as he rolled, so he had to clutch it to keep it from being torn away. Beneath
the coverlet, his legs were pale, soft, ghastly. Both of his knees were red and swollen, and his toes were
almost purple, twice the size they should have been. Areo Hotah had seen them a thousand times and
still found them hard to look upon.
Princess Arianne came forward. “Let me help you, Father.”
The prince pulled the blanket free. “I can still master mine own blanket. That much at least.” It
was little enough. His legs had been useless for three years, but there was still some strength in his
hands and shoulders.
“Shall I fetch my prince a thimble cup of milk of the poppy?” Maester Caleotte asked.
“I would need a bucket, with this pain. Thank you, but no. I want my wits about me. I’ll have no
more need of you tonight.”
“Very good, my prince.” Maester Caleotte bowed, Ser Gregor’s head still clutched in his soft pink
hands.
“I’ll take that.” Obara Sand plucked the skull from him and held it at arm’s length. “What did the
Mountain look like? How do we know that this is him? They could have dipped the head in tar. Why strip
it to the bone?”
“Tar would have ruined the box,” suggested Lady Nym, as Maester Caleotte scurried off. “No
one saw the Mountain die, and no one saw his head removed. That troubles me, I confess, but what
could the bitch queen hope to accomplish by deceiving us? If Gregor Clegane is alive, soon or late the
truth will out. The man was eight feet tall, there is not another like him in all of Westeros. If any such
appears again, Cersei Lannister will be exposed as a liar before all the Seven Kingdoms. She would be an
utter fool to risk that. What could she hope to gain?”
“The skull is large enough, no doubt,” said the prince. “And we know that Oberyn wounded
Gregor grievously. Every report we have had since claims that Clegane died slowly, in great pain.”
“Just as Father intended,” said Tyene. “Sisters, truly, I know the poison Father used. If his spear
so much as broke the Mountain’s skin, Clegane is dead, I do not care how big he was. Doubt your little
sister if you like, but never doubt our sire.”
Obara bristled. “I never did and never shall.” She gave the skull a mocking kiss. “This is a start, I’ll
grant.”
“A start?” said Ellaria Sand, incredulous. “Gods forbid. I would it were a finish. Tywin Lannister is
dead. So are Robert Baratheon, Amory Lorch, and now Gregor Clegane, all those who had a hand in
murdering Elia and her children. Even Joffrey, who was not yet born when Elia died. I saw the boy perish
with mine own eyes, clawing at his throat as he tried to draw a breath. Who else is there to kill? Do
Myrcella and Tommen need to die so the shades of Rhaenys and Aegon can be at rest? Where does it
end?”
“It ends in blood, as it began,” said Lady Nym. “It ends when Casterly Rock is cracked open, so
the sun can shine on the maggots and the worms within. It ends with the utter ruin of Tywin Lannister
and all his works.”
“The man died at the hand of his own son,” Ellaria snapped back. “What more could you wish?”
“I could wish that he died at my hand.” Lady Nym settled in a chair, her long black braid falling
across one shoulder to her lap. She had her father’s widow’s peak. Beneath it her eyes were large and
lustrous. Her wine-red lips curled in a silken smile. “If he had, his dying would not have been so easy.”
“Ser Gregor does look lonely,” said Tyene, in her sweet septa’s voice. “He would like some
company, I’m certain.”
Ellaria’s cheeks were wet with tears, her dark eyes shining. Even weeping, she has a strength in
her, the captain thought.
“Oberyn wanted vengeance for Elia. Now the three of you want vengeance for him. I have four
daughters, I remind you. Your sisters. My Elia is fourteen, almost a woman. Obella is twelve, on the brink
of maiden-hood. They worship you, as Dorea and Loreza worship them. If you should die, must El and
Obella seek vengeance for you, then Dorea and Loree for them? Is that how it goes, round and round
forever? I ask again, where does it end?” Ellaria Sand laid her hand on the Mountain’s head. “I saw your
father die. Here is his killer. Can I take a skull to bed with me, to give me comfort in the night? Will it
make me laugh, write me songs, care for me when I am old and sick?”
“What would you have us do, my lady?” asked the Lady Nym. “Shall we lay down our spears and
smile, and forget all the wrongs that have been done to us?”
“War will come, whether we wish it or not,” said Obara. “A boy king sits the Iron Throne. Lord
Stannis holds the Wall and is gathering northmen to his cause. The two queens are squabbling over
Tommen like bitches with a juicy bone. The ironmen have taken the Shields and are raiding up the
Mander, deep into the heart of the Reach, which means Highgarden will be preoccupied as well. Our
enemies are in disarray. The time is ripe.”
“Ripe for what? To make more skulls?” Ellaria Sand turned to the prince. “They will not see. I can
hear no more of this.”
“Go back to your girls, Ellaria,” the prince told her. “I swear to you, no harm will come to them.”
“My prince.” Ellaria kissed him on the brow and took her leave. Areo Hotah was sad to see her
go. She is a good woman.
When she had gone, Lady Nym said, “I know she loved our father well, but it is plain she never
understood him.”
The prince gave her a curious look. “She understood more than you ever will, Nymeria. And she
made your father happy. In the end a gentle heart may be worth more than pride or valor. Be that as it
may, there are things Ellaria does not know and should not know. This war has already begun.”
Obara laughed. “Aye, our sweet Arianne has seen to that.”
The princess flushed, and Hotah saw a spasm of anger pass across her father’s face. “What she
did, she did as much for you as for herself. I would not be so quick to mock.”
“That was praise,” Obara Sand insisted. “Procrastinate, obscure, prevaricate, dissemble, and
delay all you like, Uncle, Ser Balon must still come face-to-face with Myrcella at the Water Gardens, and
when he does he’s like to see she’s short an ear. And when the girl tells him how your captain cut Arys
Oakheart from neck to groin with that steel wife of his, well …”
“No.” Princess Arianne unfolded from the cushion where she sat and put a hand on Hotah’s arm.
“That wasn’t how it happened, Cousin. Ser Arys was slain by Gerold Dayne.”
The Sand Snakes looked at one another. “Darkstar?”
“Darkstar did it,” his little princess said. “He tried to kill Princess Myrcella too. As she will tell Ser
Balon.”
Nym smiled. “That part at least is true.”
“It is all true,” said the prince, with a wince of pain. Is it his gout that hurts him, or the lie? “And
now Ser Gerold has fled back to High Hermit-age, beyond our reach.”
“Darkstar,” Tyene murmured, with a giggle. “Why not? It is all his doing. But will Ser Balon
believe it?”
“He will if he hears it from Myrcella,” Arianne insisted.
Obara snorted in disbelief. “She may lie today and lie tomorrow, but soon or late she’ll tell the
truth. If Ser Balon is allowed to carry tales back to King’s Landing, drums will sound and blood will flow.
He should not be allowed to leave.”
“We could kill him, to be sure,” said Tyene, “but then we would need to kill the rest of his party
too, even those sweet young squires. That would be … oh, so messy.”
Prince Doran shut his eyes and opened them again. Hotah could see his leg trembling
underneath the blanket. “If you were not my brother’s daughters, I would send the three of you back to
your cells and keep you there until your bones were grey. Instead I mean to take you with us to the
Water Gardens. There are lessons there if you have the wit to see them.”
“Lessons?” said Obara. “All I’ve seen are naked children.”
“Aye,” the prince said. “I told the story to Ser Balon, but not all of it. As the children splashed in
the pools, Daenerys watched from amongst the orange trees, and a realization came to her. She could
not tell the high-born from the low. Naked, they were only children. All innocent, all vulnerable, all
deserving of long life, love, protection. ‘There is your realm,’ she told her son and heir, ‘remember them,
in everything you do.’ My own mother said those same words to me when I was old enough to leave the
pools. It is an easy thing for a prince to call the spears, but in the end the children pay the price. For their
sake, the wise prince will wage no war without good cause, nor any war he cannot hope to win.
“I am not blind, nor deaf. I know that you all believe me weak, frightened, feeble. Your father
knew me better. Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on
him. I was the grass. Pleasant, complaisant, sweet-smelling, swaying with every breeze. Who fears to
walk upon the grass? But it is the grass that hides the viper from his enemies and shelters him until he
strikes. Your father and I worked more closely than you know … but now he is gone. The question is, can
I trust his daughters to serve me in his place?”
Hotah studied each of them in turn. Obara, rusted nails and boiled leather, with her angry,
close-set eyes and rat-brown hair. Nymeria, languid, elegant, olive-skinned, her long black braid bound
up in red-gold wire. Tyene, blue-eyed and blond, a child-woman with her soft hands and little giggles.
Tyene answered for the three of them. “It is doing nothing that is hard, Uncle. Set a task for us,
any task, and you shall find us as leal and obedient as any prince could hope for.”
“That is good to hear,” the prince said, “but words are wind. You are my brother’s daughters
and I love you, but I have learned I cannot trust you. I want your oath. Will you swear to serve me, to do
as I command?”
“If we must,” said Lady Nym. “Then swear it now, upon your father’s grave.” Obara’s face
darkened. “If you were not my uncle—”
“I am your uncle. And your prince. Swear, or go.”
“I swear,” said Tyene. “On my father’s grave.”
“I swear,” said Lady Nym. “By Oberyn Martell, the Red Viper of Dorne, and a better man than
you.”
“Aye,” said Obara. “Me as well. By Father. I swear.”
Some of the tension went out of the prince. Hotah saw him sag back into his chair. He held out
his hand, and Princess Arianne moved to his side to hold it. “Tell them, Father.”
Prince Doran took a jagged breath. “Dorne still has friends at court. Friends who tell us things
we were not meant to know. This invitation Cersei sent us is a ruse. Trystane is never meant to reach
King’s Landing. On the road back, somewhere in the kingswood, Ser Balon’s party will be attacked by
outlaws, and my son will die. I am asked to court only so that I may witness this attack with my own eyes
and thereby absolve the queen of any blame. Oh, and these outlaws? They will be shouting, ‘Halfman,
Halfman,’ as they attack. Ser Balon may even catch a quick glimpse of the Imp, though no one else will.”
Areo Hotah would not have believed it possible to shock the Sand Snakes. He would have been
wrong.
“Seven save us,” whispered Tyene. “Trystane? Why?”
“The woman must be mad,” Obara said. “He’s just a boy.”
“This is monstrous,” said Lady Nym. “I would not have believed it, not of a Kingsguard knight.”
“They are sworn to obey, just as my captain is,” the prince said. “I had my doubts as well, but
you all saw how Ser Balon balked when I suggested that we go by sea. A ship would have disturbed all
the queen’s arrangements.”
Obara’s face was flushed. “Give me back my spear, Uncle. Cersei sent us a head. We should send
her back a bag of them.”
Prince Doran raised a hand. His knuckles were as dark as cherries and near as big. “Ser Balon is a
guest beneath my roof. He has eaten of my bread and salt. I will not do him harm. No. We will travel to
the Water Gardens, where he will hear Myrcella’s story and send a raven to his queen. The girl will ask
him to hunt down the man who hurt her. If he is the man I judge, Swann will not be able to refuse.
Obara, you will lead him to High Hermit-age to beard Darkstar in his den. The time is not yet come for
Dorne to openly defy the Iron Throne, so we must needs return Myrcella to her mother, but I will not be
accompanying her. That task will be yours, Nymeria. The Lannisters will not like it, no more than they
liked it when I sent them Oberyn, but they dare not refuse. We need a voice in council, an ear at court.
Be careful, though. King’s Landing is a pit of snakes.”
Lady Nym smiled. “Why, Uncle, I love snakes.”
“And what of me?” asked Tyene. “Your mother was a septa. Oberyn once told me that she read
to you in the cradle from the Seven-Pointed Star. I want you in King’s Landing too, but on the other hill.
The Swords and the Stars have been re-formed, and this new High Septon is not the puppet that the
others were. Try and get close to him.”
“Why not? White suits my coloring. I look so … pure.”
“Good,” the prince said, “good.” He hesitated. “If … if certain things should come to pass, I will
send word to each of you. Things can change quickly in the game of thrones.”
“I know you will not fail us, cousins.” Arianne went to each of them in turn, took their hands,
kissed them lightly on the lips. “Obara, so fierce. Nymeria, my sister. Tyene, sweetling. I love you all. The
sun of Dorne goes with you.”
“Unbowed, unbent, unbroken,” the Sand Snakes said, together. Princess Arianne lingered when
her cousins had departed. Areo Hotah remained as well, as was his place.
“They are their father’s daughters,” the prince said.
The little princess smiled. “Three Oberyns, with teats.”
Prince Doran laughed. It had been so long since Hotah last heard him laugh, he had almost
forgotten what it sounded like.
“I still say it should be me who goes to King’s Landing, not Lady Nym,” Arianne said.
“It is too dangerous. You are my heir, the future of Dorne. Your place is by my side. Soon
enough, you’ll have another task.”
“That last part, about the message. Have you had tidings?”
Prince Doran shared his secret smile with her. “From Lys. A great fleet has put in there to take
on water. Volantene ships chiefly, carrying an army. No word as to who they are, or where they might
be bound. There was talk of elephants.”
“No dragons?”
“Elephants. Easy enough to hide a young dragon in a big cog’s hold, though. Daenerys is most
vulnerable at sea. If I were her, I would keep myself and my intentions hidden as long as I could, so I
might take King’s Landing unawares.”
“Do you think that Quentyn will be with them?”
“He could be. Or not. We will know by where they land if Westeros is indeed their destination.
Quentyn will bring her up the Greenblood if he can. But it does no good to speak of it. Kiss me. We leave
for the Water Gardens at first light.”
We may depart by midday, then, Hotah thought.
Later, when Arianne had gone, he put down his longaxe and lifted Prince Doran into his bed.
“Until the Mountain crushed my brother’s skull, no Dornishmen had died in this War of the Five Kings,”
the prince murmured softly, as Hotah pulled a blanket over him. “Tell me, Captain, is that my shame or
my glory?”
“That is not for me to say, my prince.” Serve. Protect. Obey. Simple vows for simple men. That
was all he knew.

Carolyn

Star
Its really going to be a crazy season, they are definitely amping up the killing I think, theres going to be a few epic battles this season, cant wait. I suspect though some of the big things we have been seeing in trailiers might all be happening right at the end all ready for some massive cliffhangers for next season. Im dreading the year wait already lol

This is an interesting and very plausable theory though!!!May be a bit of a spoiler so be warned!!

Carolyn

Star
its amazingly brutal!! couldnt look at that Samwell Jorah scene lol too realistic :eek:

Reactions: TMT

TMT

Star
its amazingly brutal!! couldnt look at that Samwell Jorah scene lol too realistic :eek:
I hope it doesn't mess up Tyrion's plans too badly, that's what has me worried.
And I was pretty proud of Sam lol

Carolyn

Star
You just cant really tell whats gonna happen next, all the theories etc hah when you start to watch it they all go out the window, am just glued to it when its on, once this season is all done ill have to watch it again lol cant wait though its just the best thing ever made for tv even trumps so many amazing films too.

Reactions: TMT