The Got Thread!!! (spoiler Alert.. Just In Case!)

Carolyn

Star
I cannot believe how much they fucked it up. From the Battle of Winterfell episode I was thinking, wait, what, aw maybe they will explain more about the Night King next episode they have to, its just GoT being GoT and there's gonna be some surprise plot twists, surely they can't build the Night King up so much and then just kill him in such an easy way, Episode 4 absolutely nothing, then the coffee cup, then two plastic water bottles, Danerys going full Nazi in the blink of an eye, Bran knew he was gonna be asked to be king but he didn't know Danerys was gonna kill millions of men, women and children after she had locked up Rhaegal and Viserion when Drogon torched a small child!? Not to mention that half of the characters seemed to be completely invincinble, what a waste. They could have had another 2 seasons but they didn't want it, they could have wrapped it up much better with an extra few episodes and there should have been 2-3 episodes of battle against the Night King and explained why he really wanted Bran dead cause I personally feel like the whole "all he wants was an endless night" a total cop out, all of his "brothers" weren't with him either. Craster had 99 sons apparently all of which had been sacrificed to the Night King as far as we know, so where did the other 80+ brothers go? And how Cerci and Jamie died also total bs, if they wanted Danerys to be doing what she done in the finale that should have been shown much earlier on and there were so many things that were just not wrapped up or answered. The big finale should have been a two parter. Shit ending, total disappointment!! :( fkn raging :( such a waste, all cause them two fuckers wanted to do Star Wars. Fkn hate Star Wars, OK rant over... for now!!

Aero

Superstar
Carolyn is right.

Obviously, I get that creating Art can be its own reward. But GOT is a product that truly lives or dies by the free market. And above all customers have a right to decide what's shit or not.

Daenerys turning into a Nazi is just unacceptable for me. Sansa and Bran receiving a pat on the back crown only add insult to that injury. I didn't watch 8 seasons to see characters suddenly turn into cardboard cutouts of themselves. Plus it's definitely not about me wanting a specific outcome. I wanted to be entertained, and I wasn't.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
Daenerys turning into a Nazi is just unacceptable for me.
She's been one the whole show. Shown numerous times. And I think the correct term would be barbarian. Queen of the Barbarians. She had a lot of trauma based abuse to deal with, and that kind of abuse creates narcissists. And she was surely a narcissist.

Aero

Superstar
She's been one the whole show. Shown numerous times. And I think the correct term would be barbarian. Queen of the Barbarians. She had a lot of trauma based abuse to deal with, and that kind of abuse creates narcissists. And she was surely a narcissist.
Lol, what?

"The Breaker of Chains" was a Nazi the whole time? Actually, I'm pretty sure that breaking chains is the exact opposite of what Nazism is about. Also, I'm well aware that she wasn't an angel. She's still my Khaleesi though.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
"The Breaker of Chains" was a Nazi the whole time? Actually, I'm pretty sure that breaking chains is the exact opposite of what Nazism is about. Also, I'm well aware that she wasn't an angel. She's still my Khaleesi though.
She freed people that helped her cause. They were all tyrants, bro. Some just more than others....

Aero

Superstar
She freed people that helped her cause. They were all tyrants, bro. Some just more than others....
Sure I get that.

I also get that sometimes it takes a tyrant to rule. Take Julius Ceasar for example. A total tyrant, but after his death, many more Romans died in the power vacuum that followed.

I see the same thing happening in Westeros.

Aero

Superstar
I read about how the last season of GOT only gave women 22% of the dialogue. Also about how the total amount of dialogue drastically declined. Now some people argued that was the natural evolution of the show to its climax. But I disagree that any of it felt natural.

It definitely felt like the writers did a 180 and were like "yeah, we are done with powerful female voices". Although to be clear, it felt like all powerful voices were silenced. Unless your name was Tyrion.

I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around it though. I mean GOT's best talent was the women, and they get no lines. It was like, let's just stab them in the heart and call it a day.

Carolyn

Star
Ive just totally put it out of my mind, major disappointment, didn't happen lol

Anybody watched 12 Monkeys, now that was an amazing show, no plotholes, amazing character development, excellent writing, brilliant acting (a few GoT actors in it too and Impractical Jokers cast) the best finale and ending of any show I ever watched, totally ambiguous but perfect ending!!! Totally underrated, highly recommended!!