The Got Thread!!! (spoiler Alert.. Just In Case!)

The Zone

Star
Well, we knew this would be hard to pull off. I think back to that great premiere episode and how awesome it was and to end like this -- predictable, odd, mushed together closure that lacked imagination or the unpredictable nature that made most of it great. I saw Bran coming, heck, I saw everything coming which is proof of writing fail. As I said, it would have been hard to pull off. Is it me or did the episode go from decent to a steady downfall of facepalm moments after Dany's death?

Well, we knew this would be hard to pull off. I think back to that great premiere episode and how awesome it was and to end like this -- predictable, odd, mushed together closure that lacked imagination or the unpredictable nature that made most of it great. I saw Bran coming, heck, I saw everything coming which is proof of writing fail. As I said, it would have been hard to pull off. Is it me or did the episode go from decent to a steady downfall of facepalm moments after Dany's death?

Rare instance I’ll agree with you.

Aero

Superstar
Yeah, the writers butchered all of the story arcs. Nobody really went anywhere, except for the dragon and dire wolf. I only say that because dragons and dire wolves aren't complex characters. We can all just assume they are doing wolf and dragon things.

In the finale, the humans that aren't dead kind of all sail off into their personal sunsets. Where I guess I'm supposed to assume whatever I want. Yes, stupid characters finally get it right *offscreen*.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
Dany kept the company of barbarians, and in the end was a barbarian herself, who had to be put down by the "civilized" of Westeros. No way she was ruling. Jon Snow gets to be the King of the Wildings. I'd watch Arya: West of Westeros if they made it.

The Zone

Star
Arya went out with a whimper and I personally would not watch a show with her as the lead.

Dany's death was telegraphed. Heck, everything was telegraphed from Bran to whatever else.

When they all gathered at the table for Bran, they jumped the shark with intended comedy.

Jon Snow and the wildlings? What a lame story arc.

Sansa? Whatever, Queen of the North.

Closing the story on individuals were all wrong, unpredictability and some open questions would have been better.

It's just a dragon hanging around the world that flew away. Puff flies off to magic land with dead Dany...

And did I mention the silly gathering of Westeros elite and how that played out?

Greyworm? His arc became boring. And those horse soldiers had bad makeup and looked silly behind the unsullied.

Oh, and the conversation between Jon Snow and little man was really bad lines and acting.

Fans did not want closure with everyone, they wanted the same curve balls that kept them watching or something to talk about.

Still, it was a decent ride for close to a decade.

Vytas

Star
I expected worse, it could have been passable ending for an average, cheesy tv show. But for skyrocket expectations GoT had, well...
I liked how dragon burned the throne, didn't saw that coming, but other than that not much else to like. Some cringe worthy awkward decisions, like composition and dialogue of small council, or Aria's "oh I just going outside of the map to see whats out there" (conspiracy theory aria is secretly a flat earther) , really killed atmosphere. And most characters got ending worthy of kindergartens fairy tale book. Oh well it's done and im happy it is...

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
I liked the ending a lot.

In the end all those who played the game of thrones, who wanted really hard to be king or queen, ended up dead.

They choose Bran as a puppet king or placeholder and all the lords there just elected him to prevent more bloodshed and unrest, they'll probably try to replace him at the first opportunity (wich will be twarted since he's a ser after all).

The unsullied/dothraki were loyal to the RULER to a certain degree, so they kinda accepted to leave if bran did promissed to take care of Jon Snow.

I kinda dont know what to expect, really. I mean, dany ended up crazy, they killed her and what now? There were no more contestants, the houses lost almosts all their members (tyrion is the last lannister, Asha is the last greyjoy, jon is the last targaryen, podrick is the last baratheon) what else is left to do? Arya finished all her hit-list, jon snow went to the night patrol for himself in the first season (he didn't really liked anything at all) the north was on the game for indepence since robb stark.

In the end, all there was left to do was to rebuild and everyone go back to their lives

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
Game Of Thrones Season 8 Episode 6 Finale Ending Explained and Book Changes
Game Of Thrones Season 8 Episode 6 Finale TOP 20 WTF and Easter Eggs
Why did Daenerys burn Kings Landing?
Game of Thrones: Why Daenerys Was Cersei All Along - Two Sides of the Same Queen
22 Details In The ‘Game Of Thrones’ Finale You Might Have Missed

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
Lame and lazy storytelling. What a waste of a great setup.

Also, there's no way the Unsullied and the Dothraki would have let John Snow live.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Lame and lazy storytelling. What a waste of a great setup.
I strongly reccomend The Chronicles of the Black Company. It was the series that inspired Myth: The Fallen Lords.
It's a shame that this series don't get much love. But then it could end up like GoT...

Thunderian

Superstar
I should say that I have confidence that GRR Martin will not botch the ending in the last two books in the series the way the TV series has.

Aero

Superstar
I'm curious to see what the GOT stars have to say once their contractual obligations run out. Because as it stands right now, most of them are talking about how amazing it all was. Nevermind how their faces cringe and twist with doubt, it must be amazing.

Seems to me they had to of known the finale wouldn't be well received. Plus it should be common knowledge that finales to the biggest shows are always going to be hit or miss. Clearly, they must not have ever heard of "Prison Break", or "How I met your mother". Two shows with awful finales that got completely remade.

BTW I'm not trying to call anyone babies here. Like I totally get how an artist can take the critics too personally. But that's their fucking job. That is why GOT actors were making a million dollars per episode. The reward is the fat paycheck, not to be deified by every single person watching.