The Gaza Riots

Thunderian

Superstar
Not even Hamas says these are peaceful protests.
In an interview with Al Jazeera, senior Hamas official Mahmoud al-Zahhar said “peaceful resistance” against Israel was “a clear terminological deception.”​
“When we talk about ‘peaceful resistance,’ we are deceiving the public,” he said. “This is peaceful resistance bolstered by a military force and by security agencies, and enjoying tremendous popular support.”​
“When you have weapons that are being wielded by men who were able to prevent the strongest army in the region from entering the Gaza Strip for 51 days, and were able to capture or kill soldiers of that army — is this really ‘peaceful resistance?’”​

Thunderian

Superstar
"The office of Prime Minister Ehud Olmert admitted on Wednesday that it is allowing the transfer of hundreds of millions of shekels to the Hamas government in the Gaza Strip every month."

^This Jew who is high up disagrees with you. Either way you look at it Israel created and funds Hamas. There is no trying harder only facts.
A person would have to be insanely stupid to believe this is an accurate representation of facts.

I'm not going to respond to you any longer. You're being deliberately dense and it's a waste of my time.

yiksmes

Established
Surely this is a test for Ramadhan.
And as every year, something happens to our brothers and sisters in Islam topped up with a pointing fingers blame game from the attackers.

We should strive to:
Avoid talking bad about other people.
Not get angry at our closed ones, quarrel, think something bad. Fasting teaches resistance and patience.
If a person is provoking someone who's fasting to quarrel, the person who's fasting should try his/her best to avoid the conflict.
Respect the holy month and fasting

(Something i read on a Muslim Russian site)

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Surely this is a test for Ramadhan.
And as every year, something happens to our brothers and sisters in Islam topped up with a pointing fingers blame game from the attackers.

We should strive to:
Avoid talking bad about other people.
Not get angry at our closed ones, quarrel, think something bad. Fasting teaches resistance and patience.
If a person is provoking someone who's fasting to quarrel, the person who's fasting should try his/her best to avoid the conflict.
Respect the holy month and fasting

(Something i read on a Muslim Russian site)
Good advise.

llleopard

Established
Shalom.Kiwi - The Gaza clashes: 10 things the media isn’t telling you or asking
16 May 2018

FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmail

The mainstream media in NZ and elsewhere is currently awash with bias, ignorance and misinformation about the conflict on the Gaza border that resulted in the deaths of 60 Palestinians. Here are 10 points you are very unlikely to hear:

1. This was not a protest against the opening of the American embassy in Jerusalem. There have been 6 weeks of reported and well-orchestrated riots on the Gaza border. These were always intended to culminate on the 70th anniversary of what the Palestinians call the “Nakba”, or the “catastrophe”. This was when the modern state of Israel was born, under the auspices of the UN, and its Arab neighbours instigated, and lost, a war to eradicate Israel.

2. Neither are the riots against the blockade of Gaza (imposed by both Israel and Egypt as a security measure). If they were, it would make little sense for the Gazans to set fire to the gas pipeline and infrastructure that delivers fuel and gas from Israel to Gaza, or to burn the terminal that receives humanitarian aid.

3. The seemingly innocuous label of “protest” disguises the fact that Hamas’s “Great March of Return” was in fact an attempted infiltration of the border that, had it succeeded, would have led to a massacre of Israeli civilians. Hamas explicitly urged participants to breach the border and slaughter as many Israelis as possible. One of the places Hamas attempted to breach is adjacent to the kibbutz of Nahal Oz, just a few hundred yards from the border — a dash that could be achieved in 5 minutes or less by those intent on slaughter. Hamas circulated information showing the shortest routes to Israeli communities over the border, and urged participants to bring knives and guns.

4. Not only were there knives and guns, Gazans brought meat cleavers, fence-cutters, rocks, Molotov cocktails, grenades, kites with incendiary materials that set fire to Israeli farmland, and set explosive devices at the security fence.

5. The IDF dropped leaflets on Gaza, telling them to stay away from the border, and rang bus companies to tell them not to take people to the border. As photos and footage clearly show, the IDF used tear gas to repel the attacks, as well as rubber bullets.

6. The IDF has reported that 50 of the 60 reported to have been killed were members of Hamas and Islamic Jihad, both terrorist organisations and recognised as such in New Zealand.

7. The Gazan Ministry of Health (ie. Hamas) has reported that 6 minors were killed by gunshot. If this is so, why were children brought to volatile riots that the IDF told Gazans to stay away from?

8. While any loss of civilian life is regrettable, the numbers – 36 among the 40,000 who were estimated to have amassed at the border, and 1,359 said by the Ministry to be wounded from live bullets, – clearly demonstrate that the IDF exercised restraint and did not indiscriminately apply a shoot to kill policy.

9. Can any person condemning the number of deaths offer a suggestion as to what non-lethal measures can be effectively deployed against intended mass border breaches and massacres? In just over one hour, the IDF recorded five explosive devices at 12:53 p.m.; another bombing attack five minutes later; six terrorists taking cover among the rioters at 1:15 p.m., opening fire at IDF soldiers; another shooting attack at 1:30 p.m., and another 15 minutes later, this time by eight armed terrorists; three explosive devices detonated at 2:09 p.m.

10. Hamas, which oppressively rules Gaza, is recognised as a terrorist organisation around the world, including in New Zealand. It is backed by Iran. The IDF has reported that Iran, which repeatedly calls for Israel to be wiped off the map, said it would pay every participant $100, and Hamas has forced women and children to participate in the riots. East of Gaza city, Hamas announced that Israeli soldiers were fleeing their positions, even as the IDF was reinforcing them. No responsible government which values the sanctity of life would encourage or force its people into such a situation.

Hamas’ tactics, including its targeting of Israeli civilians and use of civilian shields, are well-documented. Gazans are actors in a gruesome theatre, dying and being maimed to provide Hamas with staged photo opportunities with the aim of isolating Israel, and boosting its own flagging popularity. Media and politicians, including New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, who condemn Israel while uttering not a word about Hamas nor calling for the Gazans to refrain from violence, have fallen prey to this cynical propaganda. Whether through laziness, ignorance, the bigotry of low expectations, prejudice against Israel or a combination of these things, such elites embolden a savage terrorist organisation to continue with its path of destruction, and are complicit in the inevitable loss of life.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Just put a sock in it already. You refuse to answer my questions but than have the audacity to use my name. Israel is in an invader, colonizer, and occupier of land. They will, as long as they continue occupying stolen, never have peace at least that's what logic dictates. There will be a time when the Americans have no more money to support and hold up Israel and when that happens Israel will fall as well and no longer will they be able to get away with killing children on beaches, using chemical weapons, and etc.

Just like the Nazis the Zionists will be held accountable for their actions and be put on trial.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
We know that at least eight of the dead from Monday were killed after they cut through the border fence and attacked the IDF with guns and grenades.

Let's brainstorm here. What are some ideas on how the IDF could have responded to this and other attacks in a way that wouldn't make people like Kung Fu and Justin Trudeau burst into tears?
I think the first step here is to be realistic in our assessment of the situation. First and foremost, the Palestinians should not be engaging in violence or attacks. Regardless how upset they or anyone else is at the current situation, its just flat out not effective. It hasnt worked yet and I dont see it starting to get positive results now. We must humble ourselves and realize that the signs clearly point to the fact that we are not going to win a macho, chest-pounding "military" battle or campaign there. Being realistic, its just not in the cards. So we have to use peaceful and intelligent means to achieve our goals.

Second, lets be real here, the Zionists are provoking these people and when they get their intended result (militant Palestinian activity) they use that as an excuse for collective punishment and to excuse their war crimes/crimes against humanity. Being real, these people are not a threat to Israel or its Jewish citizens as this conflict is being waged outside of the Jewish areas. That seems to be the whole purpose to this, to goad a response which they can use to justify their heavy-handed responses to with the cover of defending a people which are not in danger. For crying out loud, if it was so dangerous, why are Israeli civilians being allowed to come and view the "action" as spectators?

Thunderian

Superstar
You refuse to answer my questions
This is one of your other favourites. You always say that I lie, and that I refuse to answer your questions.

But you can't come up with one thing I've lied about, or one legit question I've refused to answer. Can you?

Kung Fu

Superstar
This is one of your other favourites. You always say that I lie, and that I refuse to answer your questions.

But you can't come up with one thing I've lied about, or one legit question I've refused to answer. Can you?
I've proved you to be a a liar on countless occasions. First was with the Comma, second one was with your phony Jewish-Zionist websites that didn't work, and third now with you knowing better than the former Prime Minister of Israel.

I've got your number you, Zionist ;)

Thunderian

Superstar
I've proved you to be a a liar on countless occasions. First was with the Comma, second one was with your phony Jewish-Zionist websites that didn't work, and third now with you knowing better than the former Prime Minister of Israel.

I've got your number you, Zionist ;)
I've shown proof at least a half-dozen times that the comma is genuine, I don't know why you can't read those posts. Not a lie on my part, but yours.

A broken link is not a lie, it's a glitch. Another lie from you.

And you misrepresented a really dumb article that was itself a misrepresentation of Israel's relationship with Hamas. So lies on top of lies.

Sad!

Now tell me what questions I refuse to answer.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I've shown proof at least a half-dozen times that the comma is genuine, I don't know why you can't read those posts. Not a lie on my part, but yours.

A broken link is not a lie, it's a glitch. Another lie from you.

And you misrepresented a really dumb article that was itself a misrepresentation of Israel's relationship with Hamas. So lies on top of lies.

Sad!

Now tell me what questions I refuse to answer.
How ironic. I pointed out several of your lies and the your reply to that was a post full of lies trying to claim you didn't lie.

Let's see if you can back up your claims.

Show me a Greek manuscript of the Comma prior to the 14th century, which you claim is genuine?

So the office of the former Prime Minister, Ehud Olmert, is lying when they admitted to allowing the transfer of hundreds of millions of shekels to the Hamas government in the Gaza Strip every month?