The Food Industry

Violette

Star
I just finished a documentary titled Food Inc. if you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend it. I knew that corporations and mass production in general are pretty messed up but I was shocked by how sickening the food industry is. All these animals never seeing the light of day walking around in their own feces and pumped with antibiotics they wouldn't need if they weren't housed in such filthy conditions. You can even get sued for criticizing the food industry in 13 states. What a world we live in

Lurker

Star
I just finished a documentary titled Food Inc. if you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend it. I knew that corporations and mass production in general are pretty messed up but I was shocked by how sickening the food industry is. All these animals never seeing the light of day walking around in their own feces and pumped with antibiotics they wouldn't need if they weren't housed in such filthy conditions. You can even get sued for criticizing the food industry in 13 states. What a world we live in
It's even worse than Food, Inc. shows.

mecca

Superstar
No, they're being dramatic by always talking about it. Q: If a vegan does CrossFit, which do they talk about first?
Lol but do vegans really always talk about it, or is it just a stereotype? Cause I've met one vegan and I never found out until a related topic came up. Maybe I've met more and I just don't know.

Violette

Star
Lol but do vegans really always talk about it, or is it just a stereotype? Cause I've met one vegan and I never found out until a related topic came up. Maybe I've met more and I just don't know.
Im friends with lots of vegans and they do talk about it a lot. I see them get in arguments on social media about being vegan often. I'm not against eating animals personally but I think they should be treated in humane manner.

Aero

Superstar
Exactly people don't understand that pumping those animals full of drugs is effecting our biology. It's "safe" for consumption, but that doesn't mean it wont have drastic effects on many species on Earth. Wait until an antibiotic resistant pandemic hits. We are going to be screwed. We will be paying 30 dollars for a hamburger because it's ok to be stupid and greedy.

That's really all it is. Guys with overpaid jobs wanting to squeeze a little bit more money out of their "product". So they will spend less on infrastructure, and spend the least amount they can on ingredients. All while paying their employees next to nothing, and charging us more. And the kicker is that when their business fails, they will blame the customers.

Think I'm gonna puke...

mecca

Superstar
i hate to say that i have to agree with manama because you CANNOT get all needed nutrients as vegan you HAVE to supplement so therefore it's unnatural
Well, that's not true. There are a lot of vegans who take 0 supplements and they say their doctors tell them they are completely healthy. Also almost every American has multiple vitamin deficiencies even while eating animal products.

Edit: Here's a link that explains it in more detail. http://thekindlife.com/blog/2013/08/do-vegans-need-supplements/