The Essene Gospel of Peace

rainerann

Star
Is anyone familiar with Edmond Bordeaux Szekely? There are very limited and conflicting accounts about him. There are a couple that says that he translated some documents that he found within the Vatican. There are a couple that says that he was never in the Vatican during the time that he was supposedly there and the Vatican representatives say the documents he translated do not exist.

The total number of articles I can find for these conflicting accounts is about four sources including the Wikipedia article. In general, most of his work seems to be in print so it will be a while before I can reference it in greater detail, but the Gospel of Peace is in an electronic version and there are many interesting aspects of this.

In particular, there are a lot of references to letting go of trying to control external circumstances. I think this is a crucial step in healing spiritually. In my experience, it has been so crucial that I am not willing to disregard the claim that this is something translated from a Vatican archive so quickly. This would be something very useful to the world at large today.

"All the ills which man suffer are caused by those things without us; for what is within us can never make us suffer. A child dies, a fortune is lost, house and fields burn, and all men are helpless and they cry out. 'What shall I do now? What shall befall me? Will this thing come to pass?' All these are the words of those who grieve and rejoice over events which do befall them, events which are not of their doing. But if we do mourn over that which is not in our power, we are as the little child who weeps when the sun leaves the sky. It was said of old, you shall not covet anything that is they neighbor's and now I say unto you: you shall not desire anything which is not in your power, for only that which is within you does belong to you and that which is without you does belong to another. In this does happiness lie: to know what is thine, and what is not thine."

"But who is not a slave? That man only who desires nothing which does not belong to him."

There is also a high priority placed on fasting and taking care of the body. Overall, very fascinating and I am interested if anyone has ever heard of this man before or this book. I am quoting from https://www.scribd.com/book/323443925/The-Gospel-of-Love-and-Peace-Essene-Books-I-IV