The essence of the facts

akay

Established
Islam is not opposed to knowledge and science. Knowledge is of two types: religious, which has to do with the understanding of the religious duties one is required to carry out, and temporal, which has to do with all that is needed to know with a view to living a comfortable and beneficial life.

A Muslim is required to acquire both types of knowledge. In fact, Islam advocated attaining knowledge and education at a time when the whole world was engulfed in utter ignorance. The first revelation the Prophet of Islam received from Allah was “Proclaim! (or read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created - Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood: Proclaim! And thy Lord is Most Bountiful,- He Who taught (the use of) the pen,- Taught man that which he knew not.” (Quran 96:1-5)

These verses represent the first spark ever to dispel the darkness of ignorance and barbarianism in which the world had long been immersed. And Allah reminded the Muslims of His immeasurable favour to humankind, saying: “It is He Who has sent amongst the Unlettered a messenger from among themselves, to rehearse to them His Signs, to sanctify them, and to instruct them in Scripture and Wisdom,- although they had been, before, in manifest error” (Quran 62:2)

The early generations of Muslims became, in a matter of years, a learned and refined nation in religious as well as worldly matters, after having remained in the darkness of ignorance for centuries. Islam awakened in man the faculty of intellect and motivated him to serve Allah, the one true God.

Religious knowledge is essential, because, without it, one will not be able to perform his or her obligations in the prescribed manner. The Prophet said,
“To whomever He intends benefit, Allah grants understanding of the religion.”
Allah ordered the Prophet to pray to Him for advancement in knowledge "O my Lord! advance me in knowledge.” (Quran 20:114)
Beneficial worldly knowledge is also necessary, and Muslims are encouraged to acquire it in order to benefit themselves and their fellow men. When the early Muslims understood this fact, they surpassed other nations in development and productivity and carried the torch of knowledge for many centuries.

Islam made great advances in the fields of medicine, mathematics, physics, astronomy, geography, architecture, art, literature, and history, to mention but a few. Many important new procedures such as the use of algebra, Arabic numerals, and the concept of the zero –which was vital to the advancement of mathematics-, were transmitted to medieval Europe from Muslim countries. It was the Muslims who developed sophisticated instruments, including the astrolabe, the quadrant and good navigational maps which were to make possible the European voyages of discovery to the New World.
As T.W. Wallbank and A. Schrier put it:

“In medicine, mathematics, astronomy, chemistry and physics, Muslim achievements were particularly noteworthy. Well-equipped hospitals, usually associated with medical schools, were located in the principal cities. At a time when superstition still hampered the practice of medicine in western countries, Muslim physicians were diagnosing diseases, prescribing cures and performing advanced surgery... Probably the greatest of all physicians was the 9th century figure, Al-Razi, known in the West as Rhazes. He was the author of scores of scientific works, including a comprehensive medical encyclopaedia and a pioneering handbook on smallpox and measles.
A 10th century physician, Avicenna, (Ibn Sina) compiled a huge Cannon of Medicine which was considered the standard guide in European medical circles until the late 17th century... Important advances were made in algebra, analytical geometry and plane spherical trigonometry.”

The Quran itself is a book of guidance and it contains some amazing scientific facts. They are amazing because although they were revealed to Prophet Muhammad over 14 centuries ago, they were not really understood by man until scientists "discovered" them in very recent times. Although not meant to be a book of scientific facts as such, the Quran mentions certain realities that would only be recognized and appreciated through technological advancements in later centuries - further undeniable evidence and proof that it was not the work of Muhammad or of any person, but divine revelation from God.

"Ask the Sheikh" by Musa cerantonio ( Replacing Perfection ...

akay

Established
13. The Quran says that only Allah knows what is in the womb
Does this not contradict medical science? To answer this we should look at the verses that relate to this matter “and He Who knows what is in the wombs. Nor does any one know what it is that he will earn on the morrow: Nor does any one know in what land he is to die” (Quran 31:34)

“Allah doth know what every female (womb) doth bear, by how much the wombs fall short (of their time or number) or do exceed. Every single thing is before His sight, in (due) proportion.” (Quran 13:
Cool

If one reads the Arabic text of this verse, they will find that there is no Arabic word that corresponds to the English word 'sex' or 'gender'. The Quran mentions only the knowledge of “what” is in the womb. Many have misunderstood this to mean the sex of the child in the womb, which is incorrect.

Today, science has indeed advanced, and we can easily determine the sex of the child in the womb of a pregnant mother using ultrasound scanning. Therefore, the above verse refers to every aspect of the fetus' present and future existence. What will be the child’s nature? Will the child be a blessing or a curse to the parents? What will happen to him or her throughout life? Will he or she do good or evil? How long will he or she live? Will he or she end up in Paradise or in Hell? Allah alone knows all of this... no scientist in the world, no matter how advanced the technology, will ever be able to determine these things about a child in the mother’s womb.

Do Quran Says No one knows What is in the Womb of the ...

لماذا نعبد الله ونمجده وهو لا يحتاج لذلك؟ د ذاكر نايك Dr Zakir Naik
Ask the Sheikh" by Musa cerantonio ( Not Being Isolating ...

akay

Established
بحث قي كل الاديان وصدم بحجاب المراة في الاسلام واصبح الان من اشهر الدعاة للاسلام في لندن

1_2 الرجل الصرصور؟ - منصور في حوار مع ملحد متأثر بالأفلام

أسلم يادانييل!

جئنا لتحديك اليوم! زوج وزوجه منزعجيين من شمسي Speaker's corner

زائر يحاول أثناء شاب عن اعتناق الإسلام مع منصور

akay

Established
16 I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.

2 Chronicles 7:16

It is clear and understandable that the unlimited God is impossible to limit or circumscribe anywhere.

God does not bind himself in the templeBecause Christ indicated the place of God in heaven

In fact, the Bible states that God has a specific dwelling place, which is the heavens.

A prayer for King Solomon in which he says:

“43 then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Do whatever the foreigner asks of you, so that all the peoples of the earth may know your name and fear you, as do your own people Israel, and may know that this house I have built bears your Name.

1 Kings 8:43

When Jesus Christ taught his disciples how to pray,

'Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy.

Matthew 6:9

After Christ’s resurrection, he ascended “to heaven itself, now to appear before God,” the Bible states.—Hebrews 9:24.

24 For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence.

The story of the Temple is just lies, written by the scribes of the "Bible",

They attributed this fabricated story to God.

This is for the benefit of the Jews for their occupation of Jerusalem

Considering that their king will not be completed except by the return of that alleged temple.

There is no reliable source that proves that Solomon, peace be upon him, built this temple

And also

Why did the Holy Quran not speak of the Temple? If he is of such sanctity and majesty that the Jews mention?!

انجليزي يقول ابنتي حاضت في السن 8_ واجابات جميلة صدمت نصراني عن عائشة من قبل الشيخ

أبعد منه!_ زائر ينعت هاشم بالقذر والخنزير فجاءه الرد Speaker's corner

إنجليزية تعتنق الإسلام! يوم عظيم - Speaker's corner

زائر يتهرب من سماع رسالة الإسلام من حمزة

أحمق! انجليزي و هاشم Speakers corner

لاعب رغبي مشهور يدين بإنجازاته لاعتناق الإسلام- أصبحت حراً

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW0nAJ8Bvpk

akay

Established
How come readers of the Quran know that ants speak, when it was revealed 1,400 years ago? Muhammad couldn't read or write.

That's because it was revealed to him. Despite being illiterate, he was revealed this information from Allah. There is a Surah called Al-Naml which means The Ants.

The verse in the Quran goes like, [Quran 27.18] Until, when they came upon the valley of the ants, an ant said (for females), "O ants, enter your homes so that you do not be crushed by Solomon and his soldiers while they do not feel it."

“All male ants have wings. All worker ants are females. All ants that don't have wings are definitely females. This was only known recently. But 1400 years ago the Quran addressed ants who cannot fly in the female mode:

For the word "said": Kala (قال) is for males. Kalat (قالت) is for females. The Quran used Kalat (female).

If this ant had wings it would have flown off however it didn't have this option, instead it's only option was to hide underground. Since it didn't have wings then this was definitely a female ant. Here the Quran correctly addressed this ant in the female mode.”

This is truly an amazing thing that was in the Quran ,as ants communicate with each other, such as to warn another, presented in this verse.

Ants ' Wingless ants are all females' Miracles of Quran #HUDATV

Quran miracle, Talking ants, Scientific discovery in 2009, proof that quran is from God

النقاش والحوارالمسيحي مع المسلم وإزدواجية المعايير
الرد على المسيحي الذي يرفض محمد لأنه تزوج طفلة ست سنوات
زائر محترم يود التعرف أكثر على الإسلام - حوار حمزة مع زائر

akay

Established
Why is there an increasing trend of converts to Islam worldwide?

How, why and when did you convert to Islam?

I converted to Islam last year's summer.

I decided to become religious because I had frightening questions about the afterlife…but the problem was, which religion?

It all started thanks (yeah, thanks!) to the so called “critiques of Islam". They would go on and on saying that the Qur'an is evil, Muhammad was a warmonger etc, etc.

Now, I like to consider myself an intellectually honest person so I visited both anti-islamic and Islamic sites. The Islamic sites used very basic knowledge to completely debunk anti-islamic arguments which left me impressed, to say the least.

(I am 100% Italian btw, but I've never really found Christianity appealing. Islam on the other had a natural fashion.)

I bought and read a translated Qur'an, in which there were useful notes with historical context and studies done on certain statements of the Qur'an.

That's how I got to know more about the purest form of islam and it's scientific, historical and mathematical miracles.

That really left me wondering, how could a man from 1400 years ago know such things?! Things like “it's the female bee that makes honey” and much, much more. (I suggest you to look into these things deeper)

I started looking for errors, and I obviously found countless claims by anti-islamic sites (such as wikiislam)… but they didn't really penetrate into my heart and most of the times were lacking of solid arguments ( the rest of the times the Arabic words they used as “proof for errors” had many more meanings that changed between translation and translation, so it didn't really make sense either). I looked more into the life of the prophet pbuh (to be sure I looked both into reliable Muslim AND non-muslim sources) and found out many heartwarming things, which the islamophobes would call “propaganda” or “taqqiya”, words of which they don't know the real meaning… especially if said by a non-muslim!

I integrated that knowledge with studies done by respectable figures such as Dying to win by Robert Pape (I suggest you to look into that as well)

I decided then to convert.

Wasn't it for “islamophobia” I would have never been a Muslim today.

And I pray God to let me die as a believing and practicing muslim, inshallah.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-there-an-increasing-trend-of-converts-to-Islam-worldwide

Why Jesus said: I am the way and the truth and the life

ثلاثة مسلمين إنجليز يُقنعون شاباً لاعتناق الإسلام

الشيخ عثمان ابن فاروق ومسيحي مهتم بالإسلام

شمسي مع شاب ملحد محترم - نظرية التطور وكشف أسرار داروين Speaker's corner

الدكتور اسف يشرح الاسلام الأمريكية فتنطق الشهادة

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Why is there an increasing trend of converts to Islam worldwide?

How, why and when did you convert to Islam?

I converted to Islam last year's summer.

I decided to become religious because I had frightening questions about the afterlife…but the problem was, which religion?

It all started thanks (yeah, thanks!) to the so called “critiques of Islam". They would go on and on saying that the Qur'an is evil, Muhammad was a warmonger etc, etc.

Now, I like to consider myself an intellectually honest person so I visited both anti-islamic and Islamic sites. The Islamic sites used very basic knowledge to completely debunk anti-islamic arguments which left me impressed, to say the least.

(I am 100% Italian btw, but I've never really found Christianity appealing. Islam on the other had a natural fashion.)

I bought and read a translated Qur'an, in which there were useful notes with historical context and studies done on certain statements of the Qur'an.

That's how I got to know more about the purest form of islam and it's scientific, historical and mathematical miracles.

That really left me wondering, how could a man from 1400 years ago know such things?! Things like “it's the female bee that makes honey” and much, much more. (I suggest you to look into these things deeper)

I started looking for errors, and I obviously found countless claims by anti-islamic sites (such as wikiislam)… but they didn't really penetrate into my heart and most of the times were lacking of solid arguments ( the rest of the times the Arabic words they used as “proof for errors” had many more meanings that changed between translation and translation, so it didn't really make sense either). I looked more into the life of the prophet pbuh (to be sure I looked both into reliable Muslim AND non-muslim sources) and found out many heartwarming things, which the islamophobes would call “propaganda” or “taqqiya”, words of which they don't know the real meaning… especially if said by a non-muslim!

I integrated that knowledge with studies done by respectable figures such as Dying to win by Robert Pape (I suggest you to look into that as well)

I decided then to convert.

Wasn't it for “islamophobia” I would have never been a Muslim today.

And I pray God to let me die as a believing and practicing muslim, inshallah.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-there-an-increasing-trend-of-converts-to-Islam-worldwide

Why Jesus said: I am the way and the truth and the life

ثلاثة مسلمين إنجليز يُقنعون شاباً لاعتناق الإسلام

الشيخ عثمان ابن فاروق ومسيحي مهتم بالإسلام

شمسي مع شاب ملحد محترم - نظرية التطور وكشف أسرار داروين Speaker's corner

الدكتور اسف يشرح الاسلام الأمريكية فتنطق الشهادة
Aint watch the videos, but I liked your words here. Salaam.

Lyfe

Star
I still have yet to hear a sound answer as to why sacrifices were necessary in the OT. Christians understand this, but Muslims cant reply. Muslims generally accept the OT, because it speaks on the origins of their beliefs. Why was the temple and sacrifices to atone for sin neccesary?

They all pointed to Christ. It all foreshadows Christ. It points to the fact that the only means in which our sin can be atoned for is by the shedding of blood to cover our iniquity.

If Muslims accept the OT and Christ isnt the final and complete sacrifice then why arent they still offering sacrifices in a temple? Its commanded and neccesary for ones sin to be atoned for in the OT.

A Freeman

Superstar
Sura 3:55. Behold! God said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee SUPERIOR to those who reject faith, to The Day of Resurrection: then shall ye all return unto Me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

Sura 43:57-61
43:57. When (Jesus) the son of Mary is held up as an example, behold, thy people raise a clamour thereat (in ridicule)!
43:58. And they say, "Are our gods best, or he?" This they set forth to thee, only by way of disputation: yea, they are a contentious people.
43:59. He was no more than a servant ("I came not to do mine own will, but the Will of Him that sent me" - John 6:38): We granted Our favour (Christ) to him (Sura 4:171), and We made him the Example to the Children of Israel (John 14:6).
43:60. And if it were Our Will, We could make angels from amongst you, succeeding each other on the Earth.
43:61. And (Christ the Saviour/Mahdi) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) The Hour (of Judgment): therefore have no doubt about The (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is The Straight Way.

Why don't "Muslims" DO what it says in the Koran/Quran and follow THE Example?

It plainly states in the Koran/Quran that Christ-Jesus is The Way that should be followed for anyone with faith.

Last edited:

akay

Established
Jesus, peace be upon him, was not killed, nor was he crucified, and he will not bear the sins of people

The most common belief among Christians is the belief that Jesus died for our sins, but the question is:
Who said that Jesus died for our sins?

Actually when we look at the verses Christians use to prove this belief, we find that 95% of these verses are from Paul’s epistles, and the verses used to prove this belief from the Gospels are very few, which puts a question mark on its source and whether Jesus really told that he would die on the cross for our sins.

we as Muslims don’t need to believe that God needs to be a man or to be crucified for our sins, because God is mightier than that, we actually believe that this is a blasphemy and an insult against God. For sin to be forgiven by God, mans should repent faithfully to God, and acknowledge his sins, and God is the All Forgiver and All Merciful who will forgive him if He really knew he is really intending to repent and stop the sin:

110. And whoever does a wrong or wrongs himself but then seeks forgiveness of Allāh will find Allāh Forgiving and Merciful. ( Holy Quran 4:110)
Doesn’t God forgive sins without Jesus dying?

No need for all that so that God forgives my sins, and this is what is also said by the Old Testament:

Eze 18:21″But if a wicked person turns away from all his sins that he has committed and keeps all my statutes and does what is just and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die.

Eze 18:22None of the transgressions that he has committed shall be remembered against him; for the righteousness that he has done he shall live.
Did Jesus know that he came to die for our sins?

God only punishes the guilty in Islam and does not harm the innocent
Muslims do not believe in blood sacrifice and they do not believe that a holy man like Jesus should die such a cruel and humiliating death. He bears the sins of mankind while he is innocent

It is better for God to forgive without bloodshed, because He is able to do so, as in Islam, God forgives without killing an innocent person and shedding blood.
God only punishes those who commit a sin, and does not punish the oppressed

Logically, rationally and scientifically, sin is not inherited from the father to his son because it is one of the acquired actions that are not inherited. If your father committed a sin, do you inherit his sin as you inherit the color of his eyes. ? If the father chose to be a criminal, does this mean that his son will inherit from him this nature that is in the father? Likewise, if the father is good, it does not necessarily mean that the son will be so, because he inherited the nature of his father

The belief the inherited sin. contradicts divine justice. This is because the just God punishes a person for what he did, not for what his father or grandparents did. The Bible says in Ezekiel 18/20-21: The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.

This text indicates the responsibility of each individual for his sin and thus denies the inherited sin.

And in Matthew 16-27: and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.
. Christ Himself decides that each person will be rewarded according to his deeds. This contradicts inherited sin and salvation by crucifixion, because the text indicates that salvation is through work and not by crucifixion

The story of the Temple is just lies, written by the scribes of the "Bible",
They attributed this fabricated story to God.

This is for the benefit of the Jews for their occupation of Jerusalem

Considering that their king will not be completed except by the return of that alleged temple.

There is no reliable source that proves that Solomon, peace be upon him, built this temple

And also
Why did the Holy Quran not speak of the Temple? If he is of such sanctity and majesty that the Jews mention?!

CONCEPT OF ORIGINAL SIN IN ISLAM & CHRISTIANITY dr zakir naik

التضحية البشرية ما بين إبراهيم ويسوع | هاشم وصبور في حوار مع مسيحي

The human sacrifice between Abraham and Jesus | Hashem and Sabbour in an interview with a Christian

akay

Established
1-

The second descent of Christ is not an advantage over the prophets, but an assignment from God to Christ
To tell the people who said about him that he is a god or the son of God
He is not a god but only a prophet of God
and Islam is the religion of all the prophets

he will descend on earth before the Last Day. He will kill the antichrist , break the cross, and rule according to the Islamic Shariah, the Shariah of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him

Jesus (peace be upon him) has not died yet; Allaah raised him up unto Himself because the Jews wanted to kill him, and he will descend again at the end of time and rule the earth according to Islam. He will live for as long as Allaah wants him to, then he will die and the Muslims will pray [the janaazah or funeral prayer] for him. Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him)

Why is it stressed that Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) is the LAST PROPHET

If Mohammed was the last Prophet, why will Jesus return? - Q&A - Abdur-Raheem Green

2_

Islam is the last religion

The religion that God has prescribed to mankind is ‘ISLAM` (submission and obedience to God). It is only this religion that has the capacity to cover all the needs of man, and encompasses the above purpose. Therefore, the only recognized religion in the sight of God is Islam.

“Truly the religion with Allah is Islam.” (3:19)

“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam it will never be accepted of him and in the hereafter he will be one of the losers.” (3:85)

Because the religion of God (Islam) is guidance and truth, therefore it can lead man to his prosperity.

“He it is Who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth.” (48:28)

However, by using the term universal religion we mean a religion that existed from the beginning of the creation of man on earth and will continue its existence insomuch as man exists on this planet. In this sense Islam was the only, is the only and will be, the only universal religion.

Islam is the religion taught in its fundamentals by all the prophets. It is the religion first introduced on Earth for mankind to follow. It is the religion of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad and all previous prophets from time immemorial. The universal religion has a universal name, and that name is Islam.
The End of Prophethood

The religion of Islam was completed and perfected at the end of the mission of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w). The Almighty God states in the Holy Quran in the last chapter revealed to the Prophet of Islam

“This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” (5:3)

Thus, Muhammad (s.a.w.w) was the last Prophet sent to mankind and his Message was the last divine message and since then prophethood ceased to continue.

“Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the last of the Prophets. And Allah is Ever All-Aware of everything.” (33:40)

All perfect praise be to Allaah, the Lord of the worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, is His slave and messenger

fotw

Established
Sura 3:55. Behold! God said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee SUPERIOR to those who reject faith, to The Day of Resurrection: then shall ye all return unto Me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

Sura 43:57-61
43:57. When (Jesus) the son of Mary is held up as an example, behold, thy people raise a clamour thereat (in ridicule)!
43:58. And they say, "Are our gods best, or he?" This they set forth to thee, only by way of disputation: yea, they are a contentious people.
43:59. He was no more than a servant ("I came not to do mine own will, but the Will of Him that sent me" - John 6:38): We granted Our favour (Christ) to him (Sura 4:171), and We made him the Example to the Children of Israel (John 14:6).
43:60. And if it were Our Will, We could make angels from amongst you, succeeding each other on the Earth.
43:61. And (Christ the Saviour/Mahdi) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) The Hour (of Judgment): therefore have no doubt about The (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is The Straight Way.

Why don't "Muslims" DO what it says in the Koran/Quran and follow THE Example?

It plainly states in the Koran/Quran that Christ-Jesus is The Way that should be followed for anyone with faith.
As I'm certain you already know, Islam and Christianity have more in common than most will admit. Obvious how both sides continue to dismiss the most crucial part of following Christ's example written in the Quran and the Bible.

Last edited:

akay

Established
Looking back, what seems strange to me now is not that people would wish to embody Jesus’ values, but that others would criticize them for it. What seems even stranger is that few Christians, in the modern day, match this profile. is that Muslims seemed to embody Jesus’ values better than Christians.

1. Jesus was bearded, as are most Muslims, but only the rare Christian.

2. Jesus dressed modestly. If we close our eyes and form a mental picture, we see flowing robes, from wrists to ankles—much like the loose Arabian thobes and the Indio-Pakistani shalwar kameez, typical of the Muslims of those areas. What we don’t imagine is the revealing or seductive clothing so ubiquitous in Christian cultures.

3. Jesus’ mother covered her hair, and this practice was maintained among the Christian women of the Holy Land up to the middle of the twentieth century. Again, this is a practice maintained among Muslims as well as Orthodox Jews (of which Jesus was one), but not among modern day Christians.
Manners

1. Jesus focused upon salvation and eschewed finery. How many “righteous” Christians fit this “It’s not just on Sundays” profile? Now how many “five prayers a day, every day of the year” Muslims?

2. Jesus spoke with humility and kindness. He didn’t “showboat.” When we think of his speeches, we don’t imagine theatrics. He was a simple man known for quality and truth. How many preachers and how many evangelists follow this example?

3. Jesus taught his disciples to offer the greeting of “Peace” (Luke 10:5), and then set the example: “Peace be with you” (Luke 24:36, John 20:19, John 20:21, John 20:26). Who continues this practice to this day, Christians or Muslims? “Peace be with you” is the meaning of the Muslim greeting, “Assalam alaikum.” Interestingly enough, we find this greeting in Judaism as well (Genesis 43:23, Numbers 6:26, Judges 6:23, I Samuel 1:17 and I Samuel 25:6).
Religious Practices

1. Jesus was circumcised (Luke 2:21). Paul taught it wasn’t necessary (Rom 4:11 and Gal 5:2). Muslims believe it is.

2. Jesus didn’t eat pork, in keeping with Old Testament law (Leviticus 11:7 and Deuteronomy 14:
. Muslims also believe pork is forbidden. Christians … well, you get the idea.

3. Jesus didn’t give or take usury, in compliance with the Old Testament prohibition (Exodus 22:25). Usury is forbidden in the Old Testament and the Quran, as it was forbidden in the religion of Jesus. The economies of most Christian countries, however, are structured upon usury.

4. Jesus didn’t fornicate, and abstained from extramarital contact with women. Now, this issue extends to the least physical contact with the opposite sex. With the exception of performing religious rituals and helping those in need, Jesus never even touched a woman other than his mother. Strictly practicing Orthodox Jews maintain this practice to this day in observance of Old Testament law. Likewise, practicing Muslims don’t even shake hands between the sexes. Can Christian “hug your neighbor” and “kiss the bride” congregations make the same claim?
Practices of Worship

1. Jesus purified himself with washing prior to prayer, as was the practice of the pious prophets who preceded him (see Exodus 40:31-32 in reference to Moses and Aaron), and as is the practice of Muslims.

2. Jesus prayed in prostration (Matthew 26:39), like the other prophets (see Nehemiah 8:6 with regard to Ezra and the people, Joshua 5:14 for Joshua, Genesis 17:3 and 24:52 for Abraham, Exodus 34:8 and Numbers 20:6 for Moses and Aaron). Who prays like that, Christians or Muslims?

3. Jesus fasted for more than a month at a time (Matthew 4:2 and Luke 4:2), as did the pious before him (Exodus 34:28, I Kings 19:
, and as do Muslims in the annual fast of the month of Ramadan.

4. Jesus made pilgrimage for the purpose of worship, as all Orthodox Jews aspire to do. The Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca is well known, and is alluded to in the Bible (see The First and Final Commandment).
Matters of Creed

1. Jesus taught the oneness of God (Mark 12:29-30, Matthew 22:37 and Luke 10:27), as conveyed in the first commandment (Exodus 20:3). Nowhere did he declare the Trinity.

2. Jesus declared himself a man and a prophet of God (see above), and nowhere claimed divinity or divine sonship. Which creed are the above points more consistent with—the Trinitarian formula or the absolute monotheism of Islam?

One wonders what happened between the practices of the first generation of Jesus’ followers and the Christians of modern day. At the same time, we have to respect the fact that Muslims exemplify Jesus’ teachings more than Christians do. Furthermore, we should remember that the Old Testament foretold three prophets to follow. John the Baptist and Jesus Christ were numbers one and two, and Jesus Christ himself predicted the third and last. Hence, both Old and New Testaments speak of a final prophet, and we would be amiss if we didn’t consider that final prophet to be Muhammad, and the final revelation to be that of Islam

fotw

Established
It is good to see the Bible being quoted by a Moslem. No doubt there is much truth in what you say. Let us not forget about Exodus 20:1-18, Deuteronomy 28:1-29:1, Matthew 5:16-20 etc....... as commanded in the Quran, God forbid. This is what most Muslims, Christians and Jews seem to have forgotten, or have chosen to ignore to their own detriment.

Exodus 20:1-20:18

20:1 And God spoke all these words, saying,
20:2 I [am] the "I AM" thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before Me.
20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee ANY graven image, or ANY likeness [of ANY thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth [neither shalt thou possess them if others make them]:
20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the "I AM" thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate [or disobey] Me;
20:6 And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love [and obey] Me, and KEEP My Commandments.
20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the "I AM" thy God in vain (use it when not talking to Him, or about Him); for the "I AM" will not hold [him] guiltless that taketh His name in vain [and thus wasteth His time or insulteth Him].
20:8 Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. [It is NOT wrong to do GOOD deeds on the Sabbath. The Sabbath was made for man. Man was not made for the Sabbath.]
20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
20:10 But the seventh day [is] the Sabbath of the "I AM" thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates:
20:11 For [in] six days the "I AM" made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the "I AM" blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it.
20:12 Honour thy Father and thy mother (Israel): that thy days may be long upon the land which the "I AM" thy God giveth thee.
20:13 Thou shalt not murder (kill un-Lawfully).
20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery [neither personally, nor nationally].
20:15 Thou shalt not steal [nor make up thine own laws to enable thee to do so by fraud (deceiving people)].
20:16 Thou shalt not tell lies [not even to thy "Self", neither to, nor] against thy neighbour.
20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that [is] thy neighbour's.
20:18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw [it], they removed, and stood afar off.

Deuteronomy 28:1-29:1

28:1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the "I AM" thy God, to observe [and] to do all His Commandments which I command thee this day, that the "I AM" thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
28:2 And ALL THESE BLESSINGS shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the "I AM" thy God.
28:3 Blessed [shalt] thou [be] in the city, and blessed [shalt] thou [be] in the field.
28:4 Blessed [shall be] the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
28:5 Blessed [shall be] thy basket and thy store.
28:6 Blessed [shalt] thou [be] when thou comest in, and blessed [shalt] thou [be] when thou goest out.
28:7 The "I AM" shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.
28:8 The "I AM" shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and He shall bless thee in the land which the "I AM" thy God giveth thee.
28:9 The "I AM" shall establish thee an holy people unto Himself, as He hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the Commandments of the "I AM" thy God, and walk in His Ways.
28:10 And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the "I AM"; and they shall be afraid of thee.
28:11 And the "I AM" shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the "I AM" sware unto thy fathers to give thee.
28:12 The "I AM" shall open unto thee His good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.
28:13 And the "I AM" shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the Commandments of the "I AM" thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to DO [them]:
28:14 And thou shalt not go aside from any of the Words which I command thee this day, [to] the right hand, or [to] the left, to go after other gods to serve them.

28:15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the "I AM" thy God, to observe to do all His Commandments and His Statutes which I command thee this day; that ALL THESE CURSES [of the Law] shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:
28:16 Cursed [shalt] thou [be] in the city, and cursed [shalt] thou [be] in the field.
28:17 Cursed [shall be] thy basket and thy store.
28:18 Cursed [shall be] the fruit of thy body (Eno. 96:14), and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
28:19 Cursed [shalt] thou [be] when thou comest in, and cursed [shalt] thou [be] when thou goest out.
28:20 The "I AM" shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken Me.
28:21 The "I AM" shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until He have consumed thee from off the land, where thou goest to possess it.
28:22 The "I AM" shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.
28:23 And thy heaven that [is] over thy head shall be brass, and the earth that is under thee [shall be] [like] iron.
28:24 The "I AM" shall make the rain of thy land powder and dust: from heaven shall it come down upon thee, until thou be destroyed.
28:25 The "I AM" shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies: thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.
28:26 And thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air, and unto the beasts of the earth, and no man shall scare [them] away.
28:27 The "I AM" will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the hemorrhoids, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed.
28:28 The "I AM" shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and with heart-attack:
28:29 And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways: and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore, and no man shall save [thee].
28:30 Thou shalt marry a wife, and another man shall lie with her: thou shalt build an house, and thou shalt not dwell therein: thou shalt plant a vineyard, and shalt not gather the grapes thereof.
28:31 Thine ox [shall be] slain before thine eyes, and thou shalt not eat thereof: thine ass [shall be] violently taken away from before thy face, and shall not be restored to thee: thy sheep [shall be] given unto thine enemies, and thou shalt have none to rescue [them].
28:32 Thy sons and thy daughters [shall be] given unto another people, and thine eyes shall look, and fail [with longing] for them all the day long: and [there shall be] no might in thine hand.
28:33 The fruit of thy land, and all thy labours, shall a nation which thou knowest not eat up; and thou shalt be only oppressed and crushed always:
28:34 So that thou shalt be mad for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.
28:35 The "I AM" shall smite thee in the knees, and in the legs, with a sore botch that cannot be healed, from the sole of thy foot unto the top of thy head.
28:36 The "I AM" shall bring thee, and thy king which thou shalt set over thee, unto a nation which neither thou nor thy fathers have known; and there shalt thou serve other gods, wood and stone.
28:37 And thou shalt become an astonishment, a proverb, and a byword, among all nations where the "I AM" shall lead thee.
28:38 Thou shalt carry much seed out into the field, and shalt gather [but] little in; for the locust shall consume it.
28:39 Thou shalt plant vineyards, and dress [them], but shalt neither drink [of] the wine, nor gather [the grapes]; for the worms shall eat them.
28:40 Thou shalt have olive trees throughout all thy coasts, but thou shalt not anoint [thyself] with the oil; for thine olive shall cast [his fruit].
28:41 Thou shalt beget sons and daughters, but thou shalt not enjoy them; for they shall go into captivity.
28:42 All thy trees and fruit of thy land shall the locust consume.
28:43 The stranger that [is] within thy borders shall get up above thee very high; and thou shalt come down very low.
28:44 He shall lend to thee, and thou shalt not lend to him: he shall be the head, and thou shalt be the tail.
28:45 Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the "I AM" thy God, to keep His Commandments and His Statutes which He commanded thee:
28:46 And they shall be upon thee for a sign and for a wonder, and upon thy seed for ever.
28:47 Because thou servedst not the "I AM" thy God with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all [things];
28:48 Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the "I AM" shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in need of all [things]: and He shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until He have destroyed thee.
28:49 The "I AM" shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, [as swift] as the eagle (emblem of Babylon and their descendants the Romans) flieth; a nation whose tongue (babble-onian) thou shalt not understand;
28:50 A nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor show favour to the young:
28:51 And he shall eat the fruit of thy cattle, and the fruit of thy land, until thou be destroyed: which [also] shall not leave thee [either] corn, wine, or oil, [or] the increase of thy kine, or flocks of thy sheep, until he have destroyed thee.
28:52 And he shall besiege thee in all thy gates, until thy high and fenced walls come down, wherein thou trustedst, throughout all thy land: and he shall besiege thee in all thy gates throughout all thy land, which the "I AM" thy God hath given thee.
28:53 And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the "I AM" thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the strictness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:
28:54 [So that] the man [that is] tender among you, and very delicate, his eye shall be evil toward his brother, and toward the wife of his bosom, and toward the remnant of his children which he shall leave:
28:55 So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat: because he hath nothing left him in the siege, and in the strictness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee in all thy gates.
28:56 The tender and delicate woman among you, which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness, her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter,
28:57 And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all [things] secretly in the siege and strictness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates.
28:58 If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this Law that are written in this Book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE "I AM" THAT "I AM";
28:59 Then the "I AM" will make thy plagues extraordinary, and the plagues of thy seed, [even] great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.
28:60 Moreover He will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee.
28:61 Also every sickness, and every plague, which [is] not written in the Book of this Law, them will the "I AM" bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed.
28:62 And ye shall be left few in number, whereas ye were as "the stars of heaven" for multitude; because thou wouldest not obey the voice of the "I AM" thy God.
28:63 And it shall come to pass, [that] as the "I AM" rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the "I AM" will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land where thou goest to possess it.
28:64 And the "I AM" shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, [even] wood and stone.
28:65 And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the "I AM" shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind:
28:66 And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:
28:67 In the morning thou shalt say, Would God it were evening! and at evening thou shalt say, Would God it were morning! for the fear of thine heart wherewith thou shalt fear, and for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.
28:68 And the "I AM" shall bring thee into slavery AGAIN with ships, by the way whereof I spoke unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again (if ye keep The Covenant): and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy [you].
29:1 These [are] the Words of The Covenant, which the "I AM" commanded Moses to make with the children of Israel in the land of Moab, beside The Covenant which He made with them in Horeb.

Matthew 5:16-20

5:16 Let your Light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy The Law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no way pass from The Law, till all be fulfilled.
5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least COMMANDments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the Kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the Kingdom of heaven.
5:20
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall EXCEED [the righteousness] of the lawyers and politicians, ye shall in no case enter into the Kingdom of heaven.

Last edited:

akay

Established
The Islamic belief about Jesus demystifies for us who the real Jesus was. Jesus in Islam was an extraordinary individual, chosen by God as a Prophet and sent to the Jewish people. He never preached that he himself was God or the actual son of God. He was miraculously born without a father, and he performed many amazing miracles such as healing the blind and the lepers and raising the dead – all by God’s permission. Muslims believe that Jesus will return before the day of Judgement to bring justice and peace to the world. This Islamic belief about Jesus is similar to the belief of some of the early Christians. In the Quran, God addresses the Christians about Jesus in the following way:

O People of the Book, do not commit excesses in your religion, and do not say anything about God except the truth: the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was nothing more than a messenger of God, His word, directed to Mary and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His Messengers and do not speak of a ‘Trinity’– stop [this], that is better for you– God is only one God, He is far above having a son, everything in the heavens and earth belongs to Him and He is the best one to trust. [4:171]

Islam is not just another religion. It is the same message preached by Moses, Jesus and Abraham. Islam literally means ‘submission to God’ and it teaches us to have a direct relationship with God. It reminds us that since God created us, no one should be worshipped except God alone. It also teaches that God is nothing like a human being or like anything that we can imagine. The concept of God is summarized in the Quran as:

“Say, He is God, the One. God, the Absolute. He does not give birth, nor was He born, and there is nothing like Him.” (Quran 112:1-4)[4]

The Prophets of the Old Testament such as Abraham, Noah and Jonah never preached that God is part of a Trinity, and did not believe in Jesus as their saviour. Their message was simple: there is one God and He alone deserves your worship. It doesn’t make sense that God sent Prophets for thousands of years with the same essential message, and then all of a sudden he says he is in a Trinity and that you must believe in Jesus to be saved.

The truth is that Jesus preached the same message that the Prophets in the Old Testament preached. There is a passage in the Bible which really emphasizes his core message. A man came to Jesus and asked “Which is the first commandment of all?”Jesus answered, “The first of all the commandments is Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.’’[Mark 12:28-29]. So the greatest commandment, the most important belief according to Jesus is that God is one. If Jesus was God he would have said ‘I am God, worship me’, but he didn’t. He merely repeated a verse from the Old Testament confirming that God is One.

Some people claim that Jesus came to die for the sins of the world. But consider the following statement of Jesus: This is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you sent. I have glorified you on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.[John 17:3-4].

Also Jesus said “salvation is of the Jews” [John 4:22]. So according to this we don’t need to believe in the Trinity or that Jesus died for our sins to attain salvation since the Jews don’t have these beliefs.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Alternatively…

Lyfe

Star
The Bible tells us to test the spirits and warns us that many deceivers have gone into the world. We are also forewarned against the spirit of antichrist. The spirit of antichrist works with deception and always seeks to distort and diminish the preeminance and deity of Christ. The spirit of antichrist reduces Jesus to the effect that his work no longer accomplished redemption for all mankind and that through him one might be saved. Jesus is both God and the son of God, he existed before the world began and he died on the cross for our sin. He is the savior of the world. If he is a mere prophet and wasn't actually crucified then we are still in our sins. He came and gave himself up for this purpose. Even in the OT the temple and sacrifices demonstrate to man and Muslims that an atonement and bloodshed is necessary for the remission of ones sins.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Lyfe

I, me and him

Zechariah 12

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. 10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

“I” is clearly God who will bring judgement, and in the same passage “me” is one who the inhabitants of Jerusalem have pierced. Why they will mourn him?

Who is the “he” who seems to be interchangeable with “me”?

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
@Lyfe

I, me and him

Zechariah 12

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. 10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

“I” is clearly God who will bring judgement, and in the same passage “me” is one who the inhabitants of Jerusalem have pierced. Why they will mourn him?

Who is the “he” who seems to be interchangeable with “me”?
Also the holy spirit is referred to as the spirit of God and the spirit of Jesus Christ all throughout the NT. In Revelation Jesus refers to himself in his glorified state as the first and the last, the alpha and the omega.