The Environment...Flora & Fauna...Pollution, Energy Crises, Geoengineering & Climate Change...

moodychick

Established
There is something in the air. All the Canadian wildfires smoke is affecting Northern US cities.

It's terrible where I live. It's hard to breathe.

DarntheDarner

Established
The site would not let me copy and paste from them.
Here's an excerpt from the Financial Times about their excuses of climate change:
Screenshot_20230714-171019~2.png
Again, we see another form of media is blaming all humans, when in fact, it's pretty much the top elites and satanists that are destroying the world.
We must be the problem, so we should be eliminated!
More excuses to make our lives harder and harder so we have to endure more slavery.
These idiots know no bounds.

e-Enoch

Superstar
The site would not let me copy and paste from them.
Here's an excerpt from the Financial Times about their excuses of climate change:
View attachment 88890
Again, we see another form of media is blaming all humans, when in fact, it's pretty much the top elites and satanists that are destroying the world.
We must be the problem, so we should be eliminated!
More excuses to make our lives harder and harder so we have to endure more slavery.
These idiots know no bounds.
Absolutely!

clambot

Veteran
"Does sunshine make us happier?"
Ah for corn's sake, everybody knows that. Hell we learned all about that in second grade, makes you happy, makes you tan, makes you make Vitamin D; rainy days make you depressed (no sun, doh). Now of course one can have too much of a good thing (it is about 110F outside in my backyard in the sun right now, it is a hot one today). The sun will make you very sad pretty quick on a day like today. If you lived in Death Valley you might be a little cranky at Ol' Sol. But you'll be sad real quick when they turn it off.

e-Enoch

Superstar
Ah for corn's sake, everybody knows that. Hell we learned all about that in second grade, makes you happy, makes you tan, makes you make Vitamin D; rainy days make you depressed (no sun, doh). Now of course one can have too much of a good thing (it is about 110F outside in my backyard in the sun right now, it is a hot one today). The sun will make you very sad pretty quick on a day like today. If you lived in Death Valley you might be a little cranky at Ol' Sol. But you'll be sad real quick when they turn it off.
Of course, the sun makes us happy! :)

That was just "some rhetorical question asked..."

But the sun can also make us "angry" if there's too much of it...

clambot

Veteran
Gather roun', Chilluns, I'll tell yas about the weather in the olden days of my youth.

Now first off, keep in mind that we did not have air conditioner before about '62 or '63 and we lived right here in the same town all that time ago and ever since. And it got just as blazin' hot back then as she do now. In fact, it was a sight hotter. Remember, no AC. What did we childrens do? By Gar we WENT OUTSIDE and played baseball--at least until 1:00p.m. That's what time the swimming pool opened. Baseball in the mornings and swimming all afternoon. Twilight to sunset we played baseball again. When we got home at night we dropped to sleep instantly we were so worn out. Slept like rocks and woke up and did it all over again day after day. That was all summer long, from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Then we went back to school.

I don't recall any "heat index" back then. "FEELS LIKE"??!! Man we KNEW what it felt like. HOTTER THAN A TWO DOLLAR PISTOL is what it felt like. We didn't have no ice water, or soft drinks, or none of that sissy stuff. WE DRANK WATER FROM THE GARDEN HOSE like real men. And often we doused our head-bones with that water from the same hose.

Now I was fortunate in that my Father (rest his bones) was a school teacher, and he had the entire summer off just like I did. BUT he worked for the City all summer--as the "manager" of the local swimming pool. Which gave us kids (me and my two sisters) virtually the run of the place. Free admission, early admission, usually free soft drinks and candy, and the eternal admiration of the other local kids (who thought that we OWNED the pool...in reality my Father only managed the pool, collecting entrance fees, managing the chlorine content, cleaning the bathrooms, managing the lifeguards schedules, and mending cuts and scratches.)

Now, because my Father "owned" the pool, my sisters and I naturally became very good swimmers, and we all took Lifesaving classes from the Red Cross and became qualified as official money-making Lifeguards at the pool. My sisters were older than me and lifeguarded even when I was too little. I ran the candy stand and took admission money. Much candy and admission money found its way into my pockets. My sisters were very popular with the teenage boys. Eventually I became old enough to Lifeguard as well, and I gained my own "fan club" of junior high and high school girls.

The first day I worked "on the stand" (sitting on the high up perch for the lifeguard) I made the mistake of not using sunscreen. I got sorely blistered (what is termed "second-degree" burns). Lord have mercy, that is sun that you do not want. I think I had a bit of heat exhaustion too, but by virtue of my practically constant acclimation to hot blistering sun I survived. Thankfully by that time we had a window unit air conditioner installed that cooled one room in our house and I stayed in that room for several days "recovering" from the sun burn.

Of course nowadays we have "central" AC and nice cool water or drinks and spend our lives indoors in nice cool office buildings. The last time I "guarded" was in about 1972 I think. My dad retired from the pool management sometime in the 80s. The pool is still there and is still open. The "high dive" is gone (too dangerous, too much liability). The "low dive" is now a kiddy slide. The few times I've driven by, it is still packed with kids on a hot day. I need to go by and visit sometime and maybe get a "Sno-Cone" for old time sake.

Yes indeed it was hot as blazes back then. Still is...today was about 110F again, but it doesn't seem as hot...I guess because now I spend the days inside in the AC, unlike back then. If I could turn back time, I'd go back in a heartbeat just to do it all over again.

Floridafoot

Established
^^ I find this interesting. I have lived in Florida my entire life. The months June, July, and August are colorfully referred to by locals as "the three bitches". It hits the 90s every day without fail.. and that is the ambient air temperature, not the "real feel" nonsense. So I found it strange that the news has come out with a new "heat advisory" alert system. Every morning when I check the weather there's a big red box around the information window. I'm used to seeing these when we have a hurricane watch or something to that effect. I even asked my Dad and a couple of my friends about it. I speculated maybe it's for all the new people that just moved here from the northeast US that aren't used to the summers here. But it does make one wonder.... Is this being done to make it seem hotter than it is? We are not even hitting record breaking temps here in Florida. This is just business as usual for us. So why all the fuss?

Last edited:

Lil axe

Veteran
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/W-5/page-1.html#h-467639

^
Weather Modification Information Act
R.S.C., 1985, c. W-5

2 In this Act,
Administrator means such member of the public service as may be designated by the Governor in Council; (directeur)
weather modification activity includes any action designed or intended to produce, by physical or chemical means, changes in the composition or dynamics of the atmosphere for the purpose of increasing, decreasing or redistributing precipitation, decreasing or suppressing hail or lightning or dissipating fog or cloud.