The End Is Nigh

Maes17

Superstar
The problem really isnt even hatred or division at the core. Its moreso that the general public believes in the lies and disinformation they are fed and the false version of reality they are being indoctrinated with.
The disinformation has led to a divisive narrative.
It doesn’t have to be reality however. Children don’t grow up hating. They are indoctrinated to think that way. The younger generation needs to be taught. All it stems down to is human decency. It’s not rocket science.

We’re living in a time where we cannot trust those in charge or around us. So that looks hopeless at the surface. Makes you think the end of times is here yadda yadda.

I just don’t think we are at that point yet, and there is still hope

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
We’re living in a time where we cannot trust those in charge or around us. So that looks hopeless at the surface. Makes you think the end of times is here yadda yadda.
On an every-day level, I remember meeting someone when I was a lot younger who had come from the old Soviet Union, Petrograd I think. I don't think he had ever known what it was to have faith in his countries leadership, or to have great optimism about the direction of his country. What stood out to me was his attitude - to live well despite all these things.

I identify very strongly with Jonah here. He didn't want the message God gave him, in fact he went the other way. Years ago, when the things we see on the news were just in the colourful imagination of end-times writers, deep down I felt a powerful emotion in the other direction. Put simply, I didn't want God to rain on my parade and I didn't want to have to do or say anything about it - I just wanted to live my life (despite being a Christian).

It took a series of incidents for me to get over myself and look at what was really going on in the world and to face up to the possibility that time may be shorter than I wanted it to be.

Perhaps the best analogy I could offer to my present state of mind over these things is this...

Imagine me being sent a letter that made me aware that something serious was about to befall England and that I was to be permanently evacuated to New Zealand.

This kniwledge would give me a whole mixture of emotions - I would grieve the country I love, feel anxiety for my friends and neighbours and feel excited at the same time for myself. I have never been to NZ but I believe it is a much nicer and fresher version of where I am now...

Anyway, the letter informs me that there will be a transport coming by to pick me up, but doesn't specify when. The only wise action I can take is to be ready for the event as and when it happens.

In this "just so" story, the idea is to live well in the place you are, with your bags packed in advance. From an eternal perspective, what you do about the Gospel is something akin to what you do to be prepared.

Last edited:
People have been saying the end is near since dawn of humanity. One of these times, folks will be correct... Because, you know, a broken clock is right twice a day and all that. Still... I don't think doomsday is on its way.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
People have been saying the end is near since dawn of humanity. One of these times, folks will be correct... Because, you know, a broken clock is right twice a day and all that. Still... I don't think doomsday is on its way.
I remember saying something similar to a youth leader. I told him there had always been wars, earthquakes and false Messiahs. At any point people could focus too much on present trends and make an end times case out of it. It sounded like a plausible enough brush-off to me anyway.

What I have come to notice is that I don't think there has been a time in history or my lifetime when world events and Bible prophecies are appearing to be converging this closely.

justjess

Superstar
I remember saying something similar to a youth leader. I told him there had always been wars, earthquakes and false Messiahs. At any point people could focus too much on present trends and make an end times case out of it. It sounded like a plausible enough brush-off to me anyway.

What I have come to notice is that I don't think there has been a time in history or my lifetime when world events and Bible prophecies are appearing to be converging this closely.
If it was the biblical end times then the antichrist would be on the scene. So who is it?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

justjess

Superstar
I do, I have studied it a fair bit and it makes most sense to me. This series was pretty good.

On the other hand, how do I know I'm 100% correct about pre-trib? Regardless, I wouldn't make it a point to bash other people with or argue over.
I honestly don’t have very much of an opinion on that debate. I feel like the Bible says Christians will be fooled by the AC and worship him so being raptured beforehand doesn’t make much sense to me BUT I am not a biblical scholar so what the hell do I know? :)

Daze

Superstar
Your a real .... Why do you even come here?
In a way i kinda agree with him. For someone whose always been religious , it seems he has lost faith. Why are people getting nervous about something that was always known to pass? Famine is coming, i guarantee it. But idk if we'll see it in this life.

Too many don't have complete faith in the Almighty. Too many are tied to this world forgetting every soul is promised death. We are not in control. Not a single one of us is. Society will be ' normal' for as long as God wills it and chaos when ensue when he wills it.

People can prep and stock up all they want. Death will still find you at some point. Too many hold onto this life forgetting it's just a bus stop to the eternal one.

I can see athiests panicking. Not those who know God is in complete control at every second of the day though.

As the Quran says. Mankind is in loss Except for those who believe. Do good works and advise each other to truth and patience.

May the Creator ease your worries.

justjess

Superstar
In a way i kinda agree with him. For someone whose always been religious , it seems he has lost faith. Why are people getting nervous about something that was always known to pass? Famine is coming, i guarantee it. But idk if we'll see it in this life.

Too many don't have complete faith in the Almighty. Too many are tied to this world forgetting every soul is promised death. We are not in control. Not a single one of us is. Society will be ' normal' for as long as God wills it and chaos when ensue when he wills it.

People can prep and stock up all they want. Death will still find you at some point. Too many hold onto this life forgetting it's just a bus stop to the eternal one.

I can see athiests panicking. Not those who know God is in complete control at every second of the day though.

As the Quran says. Mankind is in loss Except for those who believe. Do good works and advise each other to truth and patience.

May the Creator ease your worries.
God never said sit on your a$$ and do nothing though. Yes god will provide - he provides you the means to work and a functioning brain to think through what must be done. Gods blessing is the ability to take preparations and the foresight to know you should. Noah was a prepper wasn’t he? If someone had said they were going to crawl up in a corner cuz all was lost id understand the comment but not in the context of what was said in this thread.

Daze

Superstar
God never said sit on your a$$ and do nothing though. Yes god will provide - he provides you the means to work and a functioning brain to think through what must be done. Gods blessing is the ability to take preparations and the foresight to know you should. Noah was a prepper wasn’t he? If someone had said they were going to crawl up in a corner cuz all was lost id understand the comment but not in the context of what was said in this thread.
I didn't advise to do nothing. Clearly you never read my entire post.

Truth is your gonna die. I'm gonna die. Even those with the rapture hopium, are gonna meet death.

What matters is how you spent this life. Did you cheat lie and steal? Oppress others? You know the 10 commandments and don't need to hear this.

Peace.

justjess

Superstar
I didn't advise to do nothing. Clearly you never read my entire post.

Truth is your gonna die. I'm gonna die. Even those with the rapture hopium, are gonna meet death.

What matters is how you spent this life. Did you cheat lie and steal? Oppress others? You know the 10 commandments and don't need to hear this.

Peace.
You implied that prepping meant you were incorrectly holding onto this life. That death will find you anyway. I read your whole post.

Lyfe

Star
The disinformation has led to a divisive narrative.
It doesn’t have to be reality however. Children don’t grow up hating. They are indoctrinated to think that way. The younger generation needs to be taught. All it stems down to is human decency. It’s not rocket science.

I just don’t think we are at that point yet, and there is still hope
Sure there is hatred involved, but moreso than hatred there is ideology. Ideology by default creates division. Beliefs are clashing. That doesn't necessarily mean people are being motivated by hate, but just their idea of what is best.

Maes17

Superstar
On an every-day level, I remember meeting someone when I was a lot younger who had come from the old Soviet Union, Petrograd I think. I don't think he had ever known what it was to have faith in his countries leadership, or to have great optimism about the direction of his country. What stood out to me was his attitude - to live well despite all these things.

I identify very strongly with Jonah here. He didn't want the message God gave him, in fact he went the other way. Years ago, when the things we see on the news were just in the colourful imagination of end-times writers, deep down I felt a powerful emotion in the other direction. Put simply, I didn't want God to rain on my parade and I didn't want to have to do or say anything about it - I just wanted to live my life (despite being a Christian).

It took a series of incidents for me to get over myself and look at what was really going on in the world and to face up to the possibility that time may be shorter than I wanted it to be.

Perhaps the best analogy I could offer to my present state of mind over these things is this...

Imagine me being sent a letter that made me aware that something serious was about to befall England and that I was to be permanently evacuated to New Zealand.

This kniwledge would give me a whole mixture of emotions - I would grieve the country I love, feel anxiety for my friends and neighbours and feel excited at the same time for myself. I have never been to NZ but I believe it is a much nicer and fresher version of where I am now...

Anyway, the letter informs me that there will be a transport coming by to pick me up, but doesn't specify when. The only wise action I can take is to be ready for the event as and when it happens.

In this "just so" story, the idea is to live well in the place you are, with your bags packed in advance. From an eternal perspective, what you do about the Gospel is something akin to what you do to be prepared.
Life is only as hard as you make it.

I grew up on logic, rational thought and learned not to cave into emotions so quickly.

Not that emotion is a bad thing. Just from my perspective and thats due to my upbringing and experiences. I’m ultimately responsible for my outcome. I write my story.

I look back at all of this. 2020, corona virus, elections, racism etc. It all stems to fear and paranoia of the unknown.

I think things will be ok.
Am I prepared if shtf? Sure.

But I live in a country where I am as free as I choose to be. I don’t have to partake in the grid. But I’ve worked my ass off in the position I am to just say “fuck it” and throw it all away.

In the mean time I’ll sit back and watch as we got over y2k, 9/11, and the false flags that struck all throughout.

Maes17

Superstar
Sure there is hatred involved, but moreso than hatred there is ideology. Ideology by default creates division. Beliefs are clashing. That doesn't necessarily mean people are being motivated by hate, but just their idea of what is best.
I think that stems down to fear.
When you believe in something you’re entire life. Some can handle the intrusion of beliefs, some cannot. So yes I agree.

We’re seeing different cultures clashing over “what is right”

John K

Established
I think we have 3 ways to react in this PLANDEMIC:

1. Negative: 'the end will come".

2. Intermediate: "not sure what it will happend. But just in case , I will take somes precautions".

3. Positive: everything will be good in a fews months.

I'm between intermediate and positive reaction.
I don't like a negative point of view...

Tidal

Star
..do you think I’m nuts?

Nah mate, the only nuts in the world are nonchristians and atheists..:)
"..as a Christian, thank God you bear that name...that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured" (1 Peter 4:16, Col 4:12)

Tidal

Star
We’re seeing different cultures clashing over “what is right”
The only two cultures in God's eyes are christian and nonchristian.
One is bound for glory and the other is going up the spout..:)-

"Ungodly...These men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed.." (2 Peter 2:12)